Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 03-25-2004, 01:41 PM   #1
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

ocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud of
Default Hypocrisy and Kobe

Hi, my name's Kobe Bryant. I'm a hypocrite.

"I just have to put my trust in God..."

Umm...isn't that convenient. When the media is all in your face every day, and your image is in peril...HEY, let's play the God card.

Maybe, just MAYBE, if you had played the God card at any point leading up to the Colorado incident none of this would have happened.
Old 03-25-2004, 02:14 PM   #2
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

MavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to behold
Default RE:Hypocrisy and Kobe

Let's start a whole thread of Kobe quotes that follow the form:

I just have to put my X in Y.

or

I should NEVER put my X in Y.
MavKikiNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2004, 02:58 PM   #3
ddh33
Platinum Member

ddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant future

This thread could turn ugly...

I don't like Kobe though, or the way this situation has been handled.
ddh33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2004, 03:14 PM   #4
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Hypocrisy and Kobe

The Lord works in mysterious ways. Hopefully he is being honest about his intentions and not using it for sympathetic reasons.
Old 03-25-2004, 03:23 PM   #5
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

"Prayer is the last refuge for the scoundrel" Sam Johnson

but I don't honestly believe he is turning to religion. It turns out Pamela Mackey has a way of converting her clients. Patrick Roy discovered relgion at a low point in his case (while under Mackey's care.)
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2004, 03:26 PM   #6
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: MavKikiNYC
Let's start a whole thread of Kobe quotes that follow the form:

I just have to put my X in Y.

or

I should NEVER put my X in Y.
Hahaha! That's freaking hilarious. Let us all give thanks to logical propositions.
Old 03-25-2004, 03:41 PM   #7
WayOutWest
Golden Member

WayOutWest is a jewel in the roughWayOutWest is a jewel in the roughWayOutWest is a jewel in the roughWayOutWest is a jewel in the roughWayOutWest is a jewel in the rough

The irony of this thread is humorous.

"Judge" away y'all.

"Lakers hate causes blindness"
WayOutWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2004, 04:44 PM   #8
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

Do explain wow. Sour laker grapes again?

I'm not judging Kobe but his act is very much stale. The alleged victim in this case has been run through the gaunlet while showbe the drama puss lives on like nothing has happened.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2004, 07:03 PM   #9
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

ocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally posted by: WayOutWest
The irony of this thread is humorous.

"Judge" away y'all.
One doesn't have to be religious to see the hypocrisy of Kobe. You're assuming that I'm religious (which I am). However, despite that, it's easy for any casual observer to see what a piece of sh*t Bryant has been.

Old 03-25-2004, 08:06 PM   #10
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

I don't have an opinion either way, but if he was set up after all, then he's maintaining his honor and dignity quite well these days.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2004, 08:08 PM   #11
Shaq Attack2

Shaq Attack2 is on a distinguished road

Yeah, pretty sickening from an outsiders point of view (like my own) to see that Kobe is talking about God this season more than he EVER has before in any other season. I guess if it takes a rape trial to turn him to God and he stays on that path it's OK, but if religion is just some temporary way to help himself get through this, it's despicable.

That said, Kobe's a farking great basketball player. Too bad he's an SOB as a person.
Shaq Attack2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2004, 08:36 PM   #12
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: Shaq Attack2
Yeah, pretty sickening from an outsiders point of view (like my own) to see that Kobe is talking about God this season more than he EVER has before in any other season. I guess if it takes a rape trial to turn him to God and he stays on that path it's OK, but if religion is just some temporary way to help himself get through this, it's despicable.

That said, Kobe's a farking great basketball player. Too bad he's an SOB as a person.
Could not have said that any better had I tried a thousand times...my thoughts exactly.
Old 03-26-2004, 11:20 AM   #13
Chiwas
Guru

Chiwas is infamous around these partsChiwas is infamous around these parts

Quote:
to see that Kobe is talking about God this season more than he EVER has before in any other season.
Did he openly ask God for forgiveness when he accepted adultery? I don't think so. Maybe a wife isn't as worth as a jury for talking with God.

Edit: I searched and found this:

Kobe's quote: "I made the mistake of adultery. I have to answer to my wife and my God for my actions that night and I pray that both will forgive me."

In any way, if he talked to God when everything was money and glory thanking Him, he can save his soul.

I wonder if he someday could ask the girl for forgiveness. After all, having been rape or not, he started the whole thing, didn't he?