Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 03-25-2007, 11:51 PM   #1
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future
Default Fantasy Baseball 2007

Here's a thread to talk about anything and everything on fantasy baseball, who to draft, who to pick up, trades, etc.

Also, is anyone interested in a D-M.com Fantasy Baseball league? If enough people are, we should set one up.

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."

Last edited by nashtymavsfan13; 03-25-2007 at 11:51 PM.
nashtymavsfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-26-2007, 07:42 PM   #2
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

No one likes fantasy baseball? Sheesh, c'mon guys.

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
Old 03-26-2007, 08:03 PM   #3
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

ill play. i won the d-m.com league last year
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 09:38 PM   #4
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Five-ofan
Nice

Do you want me to start the league?

Old 03-26-2007, 10:14 PM   #5
ames7
Diamond Member

ames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to behold

My draft is on Saturday & I am way unprepared. But I'd play if you set up a D-M league.
Old 03-26-2007, 10:34 PM   #6
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

I set up a league:

ID 272638
PW dirkismyhero

H2H league with draft this Fri at 10 CST (they didn't have many good draft times, but if this doesn't work let me know)

Old 03-26-2007, 10:34 PM   #7
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Whoa, whoa, whoa, WHOA, wait a minute. Weren't you "done with" fantasy sports?
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 11:19 PM   #8
ames7
Diamond Member

ames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashtymavsfan13
I set up a league:

ID 272638
PW dirkismyhero

H2H league with draft this Fri at 10 CST (they didn't have many good draft times, but if this doesn't work let me know)
K, I'm in...Team Beantown.
Old 03-26-2007, 11:20 PM   #9
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ames7
K, I'm in...Team Beantown.
Nice

Old 03-27-2007, 09:54 AM   #10
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg
Whoa, whoa, whoa, WHOA, wait a minute. Weren't you "done with" fantasy sports?
1 team with every sport instead of like 5
Old 03-27-2007, 11:31 PM   #11
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

We only have two so c'mon guys, join.

Old 04-03-2007, 08:50 PM   #12
Five-ofan
Guru

we had my autodraft for the league im in. Its 5 teams so every team is ridiculously loaded. I had the first pick in a roto league and I do not have albert pujols so you can ridicule me for that if you wish. Starting C,1b,2b,ss,3b,of,of,of,Util Sp,Sp,Rp,RP,P,P,P

My lineup is

C-Hernandez
1B-ortiz/thome
2b-Kinsler/cano(im starting kinsler but cano is my insurance if my homerism overrated him)
ss-Young/Tejeda/Furcal
3b-Atkins
of-Beltran
Of-Carlos Lee
Of-Abreu
Util-one of the ss or Thome

Sp-Santana(took him first)
sp-Carpenter(in a league where you start 2 starters having the best 2 isnt a bad place to start)
rp-rivera
rp-wagner
p-Sabathia
p-Harang
P-Flash gordon.
Old 04-04-2007, 01:51 AM   #13
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

Your pitching staff is loaded, but I think Pujols is a no bainer #1 pick.

Old 04-04-2007, 02:40 AM   #14
Five-ofan
Guru

Quote:
Your pitching staff is loaded, but I think Pujols is a no bainer #1 pick.
how much better is he than the other starting first basemen??? for instance i dont see that big a difference between him and papi who is my starting first basemen. we have to start 7 pitchers. we can start pujols at one of two positions, 1st or util. ive got papi and thome and young to fight out those spots.

Last edited by Five-ofan; 04-04-2007 at 02:43 AM.
Old 04-04-2007, 12:10 PM   #15
ames7
Diamond Member

I feel the need to tell people I got Ryan Howard at 5 in one league & at 6 in the other. I am so happy. Took Dice-K in the 8th in one league, b/c I want to have some reason to care about Boston this year. Only one real brain fart, somehow I missed the fact that Pedro is out til probably August & I wasted at 15th round pick on him. Ah well.
Old 04-04-2007, 02:21 PM   #16
Five-ofan
Guru

Quote:
I feel the need to tell people I got Ryan Howard at 5 in one league & at 6 in the other. I am so happy. Took Dice-K in the 8th in one league, b/c I want to have some reason to care about Boston this year. Only one real brain fart, somehow I missed the fact that Pedro is out til probably August & I wasted at 15th round pick on him. Ah well.
howards a beast but i can definitely see him lasting that long.

Pujols
Santana
Reyes
Sizemore
Arod
soriano
Crawford
Utley

are all very easily argued to be taken ahead of him.

Last edited by Five-ofan; 04-04-2007 at 02:22 PM.
Old 04-04-2007, 02:27 PM   #17
ames7
Diamond Member

Seriously? Sizemore went late second in both my leagues & I think of Utley as lower first, even though I really like & 2B is especially crappy this year it seems. I would have even taken Howard over Santana & I did take him over A-Rod in one league. I freaking love Howard. What I can't believe is high Joe Mauer went.
Old 04-04-2007, 03:21 PM   #18
Five-ofan
Guru

Quote:
Seriously? Sizemore went late second in both my leagues & I think of Utley as lower first, even though I really like & 2B is especially crappy this year it seems. I would have even taken Howard over Santana & I did take him over A-Rod in one league. I freaking love Howard. What I can't believe is high Joe Mauer went.
i think there is a legit chance sizemore ends up being the most valuable player in all of fantasy baseball this year.
Old 04-04-2007, 10:24 PM   #19
Five-ofan
Guru

pulled off what i think is an absolute steal of a trade. I traded Thome and Cano for carl crawford. Since my greatest weakness was speed this helps alot. My outfield is pretty good for steals now(crawford/abreu/lee/beltran). In any league i think this would be a good deal but in a league as shallow as this with as much talent on the waiver wire as this its just ridiculous. and im picking up felix hernandez if he makes it through waivers. im loving this right now.
Old 04-04-2007, 11:15 PM   #20
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

I remember Crawford being a big tease last year, only to fade seriously as the season progressed.

I think.
Old 04-04-2007, 11:24 PM   #21
Five-ofan
Guru

Quote:
I remember Crawford being a big tease last year, only to fade seriously as the season progressed.

I think.
he could very easily be a 300/20/50/100/100 guy.
Old 04-04-2007, 11:52 PM   #22
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

Quote:
pulled off what i think is an absolute steal of a trade. I traded Thome and Cano for carl crawford. Since my greatest weakness was speed this helps alot. My outfield is pretty good for steals now(crawford/abreu/lee/beltran). In any league i think this would be a good deal but in a league as shallow as this with as much talent on the waiver wire as this its just ridiculous. and im picking up felix hernandez if he makes it through waivers. im loving this right now.
Great deal, Crawford's a monster.

Old 04-04-2007, 11:55 PM   #23
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

Quote:
Seriously? Sizemore went late second in both my leagues & I think of Utley as lower first, even though I really like & 2B is especially crappy this year it seems.
I agree, Utley is a lower first round pick (and I like him a lot) and Sizemore is at best a high second round pick (and I like him a lot too). Sizemore never goes in the first round, and shouldn't be taken that high. Even if he ends up being as good as I think he will be, his value isn't that high at this point.

Old 04-05-2007, 12:19 AM   #24
chumdawg
Guru

Man, I wish I would have got on a team this year. I had a lot of fun with it last year.
Old 04-05-2007, 12:22 AM   #25
Five-ofan
Guru

Quote:
I agree, Utley is a lower first round pick (and I like him a lot) and Sizemore is at best a high second round pick (and I like him a lot too). Sizemore never goes in the first round, and shouldn't be taken that high. Even if he ends up being as good as I think he will be, his value isn't that high at this point.
the thing about utley is that he is SOOOOOOOOO far ahead of every other second basemen its just ridiculous.
Old 04-05-2007, 01:08 AM   #26
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

Quote:
Man, I wish I would have got on a team this year. I had a lot of fun with it last year.
You still can, join a Yahoo public league.

Old 04-05-2007, 01:09 AM   #27
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

Quote:
the thing about utley is that he is SOOOOOOOOO far ahead of every other second basemen its just ridiculous.
Yeah, that's true. I like him a lot, and I'd take him between 8-12th pick.

Old 04-05-2007, 01:11 AM   #28
Five-ofan
Guru

Quote:
Yeah, that's true. I like him a lot, and I'd take him between 8-12th pick.
the thing is, aside from maybe santana, he has the biggest gap between him and the second best at his position of any position in fantasy. If you go on a tier system which is how i draft, he and santana are the only two players in baseball with their own tier all to themselves. Utley and a league average first basemen > Howard and a league average second basemen.

Last edited by Five-ofan; 04-05-2007 at 01:13 AM.
Old 04-05-2007, 01:13 AM   #29
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

Quote:
the thing is, aside from maybe santana, he has the biggest gap between him and the second best at his position of any position in fantasy. If you go on a tier system which is how i draft, he and santana are the only two players in baseball with their own tier all to themselves.
I just draft on overall value. I'd rather take a guy like Kendrick or Roberts much later, if it means I get someone like Ryan Howard or David Wright ahead of Utley.

Old 04-05-2007, 01:36 AM   #30
Five-ofan
Guru

Quote:
I just draft on overall value. I'd rather take a guy like Kendrick or Roberts much later, if it means I get someone like Ryan Howard or David Wright ahead of Utley.
and those are the differening strategies that make it interesting
Old 04-05-2007, 01:48 AM   #31
chumdawg
Guru

Quote:
You still can, join a Yahoo public league.
Thanks. I did it. They have Chase Utley as the 6th overall best player. I doubt it!

I also doubt that Liriano lives up to expectations.
Old 04-05-2007, 02:39 AM   #32
Five-ofan
Guru

Quote:
Thanks. I did it. They have Chase Utley as the 6th overall best player. I doubt it!

I also doubt that Liriano lives up to expectations.
seein as how no one expects liriano to pitch this year i dont know what expectations you mean. utley is a beast. he will lead the league in runs scored, hit 310, steal 15 bases drive in 100+ and hit you 30 homers from second base.
Old 04-09-2007, 01:25 AM   #33
Five-ofan
Guru

pulled off another trade. killed me to do it as a rangers fan but man i love my boy utley.

Traded mike young, ramon hernandez and ian kinsler for Chase Utley and brian mccann. Picked up felix hernandez and placed a waiver claim on carlos zambrano(guy WAY overreacted) and picked up howie kendrick.

My lineup is now
Mccann
Ortiz
Utley
tejeda
Atkins
Crawford
Beltran
Abreu
Lee

With
Santana
Carpenter
Rivera
Wagner
Sabathia
Harang
Gordon

along with hernandez and harden on the bench pitching and my waiver claim on zambrano. I know its a 5 team league and all but that team should be unbeatable barring catasphoric injuries. I really dont see much of a weakness anywhere.
Old 04-09-2007, 01:32 AM   #34
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

Awesome team, that trade you did was an absolute no brainer.

Old 04-09-2007, 03:25 AM   #35
Ninkobei
Platinum Member

Ninkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant future

picked up a-rod with the #7 pick. looks solid so far hehe
Old 04-15-2007, 01:42 PM   #36
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

Tried to trade B.Roberts/S.Olsen/Weathers for Peavy/Zambrano but it got vetoed. Do you think that's a vetoable trade?

Old 04-15-2007, 05:14 PM   #37
Five-ofan
Guru

Quote:
Tried to trade B.Roberts/S.Olsen/Weathers for Peavy/Zambrano but it got vetoed. Do you think that's a vetoable trade?
i wouldnt have done it from the peavy zambrano perspective but its nowhere near vetoable.
Old 04-15-2007, 05:55 PM   #38
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

Quote:
i wouldnt have done it from the peavy zambrano perspective but its nowhere near vetoable.
That's what I think too. I re-proposed it and he accepted again telling the league not to veto it, so hopefully it goes through. I think it's pretty fair. If it gets vetoed again I'm going to offer the same thing except switch Olsen for D.Bush.

Old 04-15-2007, 07:27 PM   #39
Ninkobei
Platinum Member

Ninkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant future

what are your thoughts on Ty Wiggington? just picked him up..great position eligibility and so far he is having an above-solid year.
Old 04-15-2007, 07:31 PM   #40
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninkobei
what are your thoughts on Ty Wiggington? just picked him up..great position eligibility and so far he is having an above-solid year.
He's pretty solid, he's a good pickup depending on who you dropped and how many teams are in your league.