Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 05-21-2006, 09:00 PM   #1
birdsanctuary
Platinum Member

birdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to all
Post Official Game 7 GDT: Mavs v. Spurs

My friends this is it,
Ready to hold your head high

Let everyone bust out their jerseys
Our faith will be tested no more
Ready say win or lose
Determined to fight for one more game
It’s been one hell of a run

I call upon the power of the basketball gods
See to granting us just this one more victory

All minds will be one

May the rockalypse of the Maverick attack
Answer the questions of the many who don’t believe
Victory will be within our grasp
Snached away from the hands of the champions

Finally where it belongs
And so I say to everyone here
Never say die!

CRANK THE SPEAKERS UP FOR MAVERICK VICTORY

Last edited by birdsanctuary; 05-21-2006 at 10:54 PM.
birdsanctuary is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-21-2006, 09:07 PM   #2
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Take no prisoners....

Kick-ass warrior poets!

Mavs 98-92
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2006, 09:08 PM   #3
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

rabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond repute

Despite my unwavering fandom, there were doubts about Games 5 and 6.. whether it was because it was unlikely we were going to win 4 in a row vs the world champs, because JET was out, because this series was due to include a Game 7, the question of did we have the killer instinct mentality and could we demonstrate it and exercise it against a world champion..?

After looking at all the facts and on the heels of b2b losses, I can supremely state this with confidence:

THE MAVERICKS WILL BEAT THE SPURS.

Why? Because good always triumps over evil!

May this GDT mojo be DIRECTING IN SPIRIT and NIRVANA IN RESULT!!

watch your thoughts, they become your words
rabbitproof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2006, 09:29 PM   #4
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

I was hoping for some Erica Lubarsky of MFFL mojo but this will have to do.

And the Mavericks don't need stinking mojo to kick spur ass anyways.

Mavs in a Game 2 like rear stompin'.....104-92
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2006, 09:30 PM   #5
DirkGoesNuclear

DirkGoesNuclear has a spectacular aura aboutDirkGoesNuclear has a spectacular aura aboutDirkGoesNuclear has a spectacular aura about

All I ask for is for the Mavs to play their best ball of the season, performing as a single unit on offense and defense. And a few lucky bounces.

Dirk, now is the time to wrest the championship from the champions.
Old 05-21-2006, 09:58 PM   #6
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Whats up with starting the GDT a day before the game? Didn't we do this last time and lose? Not superstitious or anything but just mentioning it.

Mavs win in a nailbiter. 98-97.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2006, 10:23 PM   #7
birdsanctuary
Platinum Member

birdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to all

Not a loss, not this time...

"Let me explain something to you: [you're talking about] fear going to play a Game 7 in San Antonio and you’re talking to somebody who got cut on Christmas day. This is what we signed on the dotted line for. What happens is when you sign on the dotted line, you just don’t sign when you make every shot. You sign up for adversity too and that’s why we are all here. We love the challenge of the game. We don’t have any fear. This coach doesn’t have any fear."

FEAR NO ONE!
Mavs 101 Spurs 97

Last edited by birdsanctuary; 05-21-2006 at 11:09 PM.
birdsanctuary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2006, 10:46 PM   #8
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of

This is my first time opening a gameday thread in the playoffs before the game started. I felt i'd be jinxing the team if i didn't open it.

Don't know how, but the Mavs will win.
The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman
Nash13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2006, 10:48 PM   #9
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

Mavs take a hard fought game 102-96

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
nashtymavsfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2006, 11:52 PM   #10
Nemesis
Diamond Member

Nemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud of

It has been a great season! I never would have thought seeing those last few regular season games that we would be in this position. But it is not enough to win a championship. The Mavs have let their chances slip away for a multiple of reasons. No excuses are necessary. We regroup and return stronger next year.

Spurs - 98
Mavs - 80
Nemesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2006, 11:59 PM   #11
rakesh.s
Golden Member

rakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of light

I pray that the mavs win, because I do not want to hear about how the mavs choked everytime an nba discussion comes up, whether it's on tv or at work.

We could be in for a long summer, so I hope Avery can pull the right strings and get us to the next round.
rakesh.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 12:07 AM   #12
G-Man
Platinum Member

G-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond repute

It will be better this way. Had we won in 5, all we'd hear about is how Duncan had bad feet and the Spurs had no rest and Manu's bruises. Now, the champs are playing their best, and we haven't come close to playing up to our potential. Tonight's the night it all comes together.

Whatever the score, this will be the biggest Mavs win ever.
Old 05-22-2006, 12:20 AM   #13
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

I thought it was a rule or something that the refs names weren't released until right before the game. On the DMN blog David Moore posted that Dick Bavetta was on his flight from Dallas to SA and would call game 7. Someone (long time poster) on the Spurs board said it would be him and Danny Crawford.
Old 05-22-2006, 12:26 AM   #14
sp3nc3r13

sp3nc3r13 is just really nicesp3nc3r13 is just really nicesp3nc3r13 is just really nicesp3nc3r13 is just really nicesp3nc3r13 is just really nicesp3nc3r13 is just really nice

This will be the biggest win in Mavericks history. I am behind our leader(AJ), i have no fear.

101 Mavs
95 Spurs
...Dirk goes for 30...Marquis plays well, Devin comes up big.
Old 05-22-2006, 12:28 AM   #15
AxdemxO
Diamond Member

AxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to behold

WCF here we come....wht a nite wit a bak to bak and both games being game 7's.

Mavs big...by 20...I really believe....GO MAVS

"It feels disrespectful when you watch these shows, TNT, ESPN, and they're talking, 'Walk through the Mavericks, that's who you want to play," Terry said. "OK. We'll see if that's who you want to play."

........GO MAVS
AxdemxO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 12:29 AM   #16
Tokey41
Platinum Member

Tokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to behold

It's our time! With the roster at full strength we should go all out in this one and play like we need it, once we're over this series we'll not only have proven something to basketball fans everywhere but gone through one of the greatest seven game series in history and came out victorious. Mavs win a close game, 94-92.
Tokey41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 12:32 AM   #17
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsFanFinley
I thought it was a rule or something that the refs names weren't released until right before the game. On the DMN blog David Moore posted that Dick Bavetta was on his flight from Dallas to SA and would call game 7. Someone (long time poster) on the Spurs board said it would be him and Danny Crawford.
I wouldn't put much stock in that "report". The NBA does indeed protect ref assignments with great care as leaks could affect betting, gameplanning etc.

Besides...the refs don't decide this game. The Mavs do.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 01:11 AM   #18
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by AxdemxO
WCF here we come....wht a nite wit a bak to bak and both games being game 7's.

Mavs big...by 20...I really believe....GO MAVS
I don't see why everyone thinks its going to be a 15+ point blow out. The Spurs have already shown they are not willing to die, so I doubt they come out in game 7 and lose by 20. I think it will be a well played hard fought game, with the better team, the Dallas Mavericks coming out on top by 4 or 5.

Dirk will be huge with 30 and 10.

Jet and Jho will also step it up in a great team effort.

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
Old 05-22-2006, 01:11 AM   #19
jleefilled
Platinum Member

jleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant future

Two words: Bounce Back. These Mavs have shown all season long that when they get down, they will not stay down for long. They have studied their opponent. They know both their strengths and weaknesses. Parker and Manu have shown themselves to be merely side-kicks to the real strength of that team -- Duncan. If I'm not mistaken, the Mavs are built to throw body after body at Duncan. The Spurs are the team the Mavs are built to beat, and therefore, my friends, I think the Mavs will shock the Spurs and all their fans tomorrow night with a thorough beating.

Dirk has been sharp throughout the series. His focus will be even more heightened. Expect him to brilliantly lead the Mavs to victory tomorrow night. I'm not looking for a forty point game. I'm looking for him to score about 28 points, grab 14 boards, swat 2 or 3 shots, dish out 7 assists, and snag 2 or 3 steals.

Josh Howard always puts his heart on the line. He has had an up and down series, but tomorrow night, he will show why pound for pound he might be the third best player in this series.

Devin Harris is the guy who will benefit most from JT's return. That will be a frightening reality for the Spurs. Once his layups start falling, it will be curtains for maybe the most dominant basketball team of the past decade.

Jerry Stackhouse has taken a lot of flak from a lot of folks. And yes, I've done my fair share of Jerry-bashing on this site. But...one of the things that I love the most about Stack -- and the thing that may be one of biggest keys to a Mavs' victory -- is simply his hunger. He wants this. He wants a ring like almost no other except for Dirk. I believe his hunger will be key. His legs will be rested. He'll be ready to go.

Jason Terry will want this win more than maybe anything he's ever wanted. But likely, his reasons are not the same as Dirk or Stack. It will be difficult for JT to live down his mistake in game five if the Mavs don't win. I worry about JT. As I said earlier, his coming back will benefit Devin immeasurably, but JET needs to not only bring the fire to win, he needs to have a crystallized focused throughout the game. The Mavs need a focused JT to dismantle the Spurs like I know they can. Without it, the game might be an exact replica of the passed three games. I think it was Chum who once said that the Mavs go as Terry goes.

Dampier and Diop are probably the most important ingredients to an early dismissal of the Spurs. They have now had six games to look straight into the eyes of the legend that is Tim Duncan. It is time for Diop and Damp to begin to predict his movements. The coaches on the Mavs are probably no longer as familiar with Duncan as Diop and Damp are. Expect Tim Duncan's palms to be up quite often during this game -- to no avail.

When the Spurs go small, Dirk will have to take on the task of guarding Duncan. I hope to see the defensive stalwart, Adrian Griffin, playing the four in these situations. With JT, Devin, Dirk, Griffin, and Josh, the Spurs small ball team has no chance. Dirk playing center should not be feared tomorrow night. He will be his monstrous best.

The core of this team is destined for greatness. Let's hope that this year is the year that they begin to enter into it.
jleefilled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 01:14 AM   #20
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

the words "what i love most about Stack" and "key to a Mavs win" should never be used in the same sentence.

Last edited by nashtymavsfan13; 05-22-2006 at 01:15 AM.
Old 05-22-2006, 01:35 AM   #21
AxdemxO
Diamond Member

AxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to behold

Its will not b a close game. Its gonna b 10 + points one way or the other and I say its gonna b the Mavs way. Rockets didnt wanna die last year in game 7 either.. and they got destroyed. Now Spurs are a lot better thn Rockets but...we will be ready and one team will slip up....Its not gonnna be close and the team slipin wont b us.

GO MAVS

"It feels disrespectful when you watch these shows, TNT, ESPN, and they're talking, 'Walk through the Mavericks, that's who you want to play," Terry said. "OK. We'll see if that's who you want to play."

........GO MAVS
AxdemxO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 01:52 AM   #22
jleefilled
Platinum Member

jleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashtymavsfan13
the words "what i love most about Stack" and "key to a Mavs win" should never be used in the same sentence.
Leaders are important, and I don't think there is any doubt that Stack is one of the main leaders on the Mavericks. Eversince he got traded away from a fifty-plus-win Detroit Piston team that would go on to win the championship the following year, he has been salivating at a chance to show that he can also be part of a championship squad. This year is a huge opportunity for him to not only get a championship, but to do so against the team that gave up on him. I'd be worried if Dirk was the only veteran who has learned what coming up short really means. I think a lot of the less playoff experienced players on the Mavs have just not experienced enough disappointment to truly have the hunger to overcome this Spur team. But, Stack and Dirk do, and since they are leaders, I believe it is absolutely "key" that they are on the team to let the other guys know how badly they want this. Just my opinion, of course.
jleefilled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 05:09 AM   #23
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jleefilled
Jason Terry will want this win more than maybe anything he's ever wanted. But likely, his reasons are not the same as Dirk or Stack. It will be difficult for JT to live down his mistake in game five if the Mavs don't win.
More than game 5, Jet wants to redeem himself for last year's loss to Phoenix.

Dirk will carry the team as far as he has to, and Jet will provide the daggers to finish the Spurs off. Jet will redeem himself. He always does.

This reminds me of the season opener against Phoenix. Remember, everyone?

Jet missed 4 critical free throws when the game was on the line. It was overtime with the Mavs down by 5 and only seconds left. The mavs appeared to be dead in the water, and Jet wouldn't be wrong in blaming himself. So what does he do? He dishes it out to Quis for a wide open three. Mavs get the ball back, and call time. There are 3.3 seconds remaining on the clock. Quisy inbounds to Jet, and he just drives to about 10 feet from the hoop, throws up a tear-drop, and sinks it, silencing the home crowd and sending the game into double-OT. Then he and Dirk play the two-man game and the Mavs win in double-OT.

Jet will bounce back, like he always does, and the Mavs WILL win game 7.
Thespiralgoeson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 06:10 AM   #24
samoan-maverickII

samoan-maverickII is a name known to allsamoan-maverickII is a name known to allsamoan-maverickII is a name known to allsamoan-maverickII is a name known to allsamoan-maverickII is a name known to allsamoan-maverickII is a name known to allsamoan-maverickII is a name known to allsamoan-maverickII is a name known to allsamoan-maverickII is a name known to allsamoan-maverickII is a name known to allsamoan-maverickII is a name known to all

Biggest Game of Our Lives. I had to come back on the forum, and just give every damn bit of support i can. We Can EFIN Do This.

104-100
Old 05-22-2006, 06:44 AM   #25
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Mavs by 5.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 07:52 AM   #26
sp3nc3r13

sp3nc3r13 is just really nicesp3nc3r13 is just really nicesp3nc3r13 is just really nicesp3nc3r13 is just really nicesp3nc3r13 is just really nicesp3nc3r13 is just really nice

"You could just tell that this is not going to be it for us. We're definitely not ready to go on vacation yet." -Jason Terry

MOTIVATION BABY.
Old 05-22-2006, 07:57 AM   #27
101 6 7

101 6 7 will become famous soon enough101 6 7 will become famous soon enough

The Mavs are a very good team, and are the Spurs equal in all way but this one.

The champs at home, in game 7. Been there, done that.

Somebody said that Manu is a sidekick? Dude has won more championships than Tim, and was one vote shy of the MVP in last year's finals. Worse problem tonite for Mavs? Tony Parker. Played poorly in the last game, and has had three days to think about it. He's gonna be a handfull.

Pop has figured out how to slow the Mavs offense.

Of course I am not making promises, it's just a prediction, and only my opinion, but the Spurs win.
101 6 7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 08:08 AM   #28
diop it like its hot

diop it like its hot will become famous soon enoughdiop it like its hot will become famous soon enough

Attack the DAMN RIM!!

We've backed away from that game plan.

Attack the DAMN RIM and the Mavs win.

Play like your Mama will be shot in the head if you loose.
diop it like its hot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 08:36 AM   #29
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by AxdemxO
Its will not b a close game. Its gonna b 10 + points one way or the other and I say its gonna b the Mavs way. Rockets didnt wanna die last year in game 7 either.. and they got destroyed. Now Spurs are a lot better thn Rockets but...we will be ready and one team will slip up....Its not gonnna be close and the team slipin wont b us.

GO MAVS
I don't know who will win, but I agree that the game will not be close like most of the others have...maybe not a all out blow out, but a double digit win for sure.

Lets Go Mavs...I'm behind you all the way (win or lose).

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 08:52 AM   #30
Folterkammer

Folterkammer is just really niceFolterkammer is just really niceFolterkammer is just really niceFolterkammer is just really niceFolterkammer is just really niceFolterkammer is just really niceFolterkammer is just really nice

must win, so mavs win!
mavs 102
enemies 90
Old 05-22-2006, 10:04 AM   #31
DubOverdose
Diamond Member

DubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant future

Forgive me PDiddy for altering you saying "Vote or Die," but tonight is "Win or Die"
DubOverdose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 10:23 AM   #32
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

I hope it's a comfortable win because my heart can't take another nailbiter down to the wire.
Old 05-22-2006, 10:37 AM   #33
vinylstar

vinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsFanFinley
I hope it's a comfortable win because my heart can't take another nailbiter down to the wire.
yeah, this series has had a series toll on my health.

I've waited since i was 10 years old for this game. Time to show everyone we are the real deal. Mavs by 1...both teams have over 100.
vinylstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 10:42 AM   #34
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

I think the Mavs should play with the P.Diddy greens tonite. Mavs win another heart-condition-revealer of a game.
Old 05-22-2006, 10:54 AM   #35
yohjif

yohjif will become famous soon enough

Quote:
originally posted by Thespiralgoeson
Jet will bounce back, like he always does, and the Mavs WILL win game 7.
that's all i want to say

Last edited by yohjif; 05-22-2006 at 10:56 AM.
yohjif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 11:08 AM   #36
irontoad
Golden Member

irontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to all

Bust out your UFO picture, Sike... I believe!
Old 05-22-2006, 11:11 AM   #37
alexamenos
Diamond Member

alexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond repute

I have absolutely no idea who will win this ball game. All I know is that I hope the Mavs are far more prepared emotionally and mentally than I (or is it "than me?" shit, I'm cracking).

It will take all the mental toughness I can muster just to make the trip from my office to my sofa. I fear I'll dribble the remote control off of my right foot, or otherwise be so emotionally incapacitated that I won't be able to summon the requisite concentration necessary to operate the remote for the three seconds necessary to tune into TNT (or is it ESPN? oh shit). I fear that if things get tough I might snap and punch my dog in the 'nads.

....and that's just for the pre-game.

I think it's quite feasible that by the beginning of the fourth quarter I'll be curled up in a fetal position on my living room with drool running across my chin. Emergency medical attention, and perhaps even psychiatric care, will almost certainly be required if the game is tight with under 2 minutes to play.

...but that's just me.

Go Mavs.

Last edited by alexamenos; 05-22-2006 at 11:19 AM.
alexamenos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 11:16 AM   #38
nowitzki_prophecy
Platinum Member

nowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the rough

I see a better utilization of a Dirk double team,so the supporting cast will start contributing like we all know it can.
Dirk will be more moderate and will contribute more from the line,while Josh,Jet ,Jerry and hopefuly Devin would punish the spurs for double teaming Dirk and slash their defense.
I think That Keith could come out useful from the bench,as long as we dont put him on Duncan.
Marquise should see as little amount of game as possible,we have much better options to play the 1-3.He's too slow to keep up with either ginobili or parker,and i think even finley would punish him in the post or perimeter.
All and all,a good game by Devin,Josh and Jerry is the key.We need to slash their defense, run them over on offense,and excel on the half court set on defense.
The 3 slashers could realy cause trouble to duncan,getting him in early foul trouble.
Thtat's when we have to tighten our defense to prevent those ginobili/parker explosive penetrations.
If we manage to run and gun and still force a solid set game,we should close the game in the 3rd.
nowitzki_prophecy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 11:27 AM   #39
diop it like its hot

diop it like its hot will become famous soon enoughdiop it like its hot will become famous soon enough

i'm hoping that a rebound from last game is what the mavs put out tonight. i mean stack was terrible in the second have, harris was terrible all game long, duncan got his and ginobili had 30 and we still only lost by a handful. oh, did i mention that jet didnt play?
diop it like its hot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 11:43 AM   #40
Simon2
Diamond Member

Simon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to all

I think this is the best prepared Mavs I've seen. If the Mavs are going to beat the Spurs, this is the time to do it. Game 7 at the Spurs. Mavs have the tools and the people. All they need to do it perform well.

All I ask is a well-officiated game. I don't want to see a free throw disparity of 20-34 for the Spurs again. I want it to be even. Just have a well-officiated game please. If the Mavs lose because the Spurs played better, so be it. People forget that the Spurs won 63 games in the regular season. They are a pretty good team.

Tags
classic threads