Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 05-22-2006, 11:06 PM   #1041
jleefilled
Platinum Member

jleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant future

YES! YES! YES!
jleefilled is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-22-2006, 11:06 PM   #1042
4cwebb
Golden Member

4cwebb is a glorious beacon of light4cwebb is a glorious beacon of light4cwebb is a glorious beacon of light4cwebb is a glorious beacon of light4cwebb is a glorious beacon of light4cwebb is a glorious beacon of light4cwebb is a glorious beacon of light

watching halftime of the Suns/Clippers game --- Barkley just made the comment that Dirk is only 6'3" on defense...I guess a 6'3" guy blocked TD at the rim with no time left, then. Then Barkley says TD got fouled. It's gotta hurt Chuck to watch the Mavs succeed --- still have 8 games to go, though.
4cwebb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 11:06 PM   #1043
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

yeah, many people on this forum hate cuban's personality. but he's been good for the organization overall. i did not like his comments about the city of san antonio. i thought that was out of line.
Old 05-22-2006, 11:07 PM   #1044
SlimBig
Golden Member

SlimBig is just really niceSlimBig is just really niceSlimBig is just really niceSlimBig is just really niceSlimBig is just really niceSlimBig is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obi Wan Ginobili
That was before some of your mavs friends came thru and redeemed the city of Dallas in my eyes. I am a long time Mav fan from Blackman/harper days, but what i saw from everyone really got to me.

I have since been shown by drbio and many others that the REAL spirit of Dallas class is alive and well. I havent lost my city afterall.
Cool.
Old 05-22-2006, 11:07 PM   #1045
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

4cwebb, i agree. i watched the replay of that play a few times. dirk blocked him clean from behind.
Old 05-22-2006, 11:08 PM   #1046
Obi Wan Ginobili

Obi Wan Ginobili is on a distinguished road

and postings like this is what helped... previously all we had was hate postings...

Position: Volatile Forward
Team: Dallas Mavericks
vBookie Cash: $900

Default As a Mavericks fan, all I have to say is...
...hats off to your team folks. This was a game 7 and a series, in fact, that could have easily gone either way. The "2 heavyweights" analogy, cliche and overused as it may be, is dead-on in its accuracy.

I hope you Spurs fans are holding your heads up because you have a bad ass, undeniably respectable team here with absolutely nothing to be ashamed of (and 3 titles to boot).

See you next season. I make it down for as many games in SA as I can--love the ATT center experience. Congratulations on a great year and a fantastic team.
Obi Wan Ginobili is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 11:09 PM   #1047
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

MavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by birdsanctuary
Avery has to get some props for saving Diop until the end like he did... I can't think of any reason why he did it... But Diop certainly propelled the Mavs to victory in OT. I wish someone asked Avery about it during the press conference...
Diop saved Avery's bacon tonight.

That KVH $hit was pathetic. Very nearly cost them the game.
MavKikiNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 11:09 PM   #1048
atrewsfan
Banned

atrewsfan will become famous soon enoughatrewsfan will become famous soon enough

It was nice to see KVH got in some meaningful minutes. We'll need his shooting if we get into a gunfight against the Suns.
atrewsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 11:10 PM   #1049
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

rabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond repute

GLORIOUS FVUCKING GLORIES TO OUR MAVERICKS!!

All you Finley-will-kill-us and curse-of-Cuban fans can stick it where the sun don't shine!

Mavs still gotta lotta mouths to shut up: Charles, Kenny, anti-Euro Dirk doubters, anti-youth AJ doubters, determined Cuban doubters, people with Nash hardons, Piston groupies, collective think peoples... IT'S ON!!

WESTERN CONFERENCE FINALS, BABY! This time.. WE ADVANCE.

watch your thoughts, they become your words
rabbitproof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 11:10 PM   #1050
SlimBig
Golden Member

SlimBig is just really niceSlimBig is just really niceSlimBig is just really niceSlimBig is just really niceSlimBig is just really niceSlimBig is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4cwebb
watching halftime of the Suns/Clippers game --- Barkley just made the comment that Dirk is only 6'3" on defense...I guess a 6'3" guy blocked TD at the rim with no time left, then. Then Barkley says TD got fouled. It's gotta hurt Chuck to watch the Mavs succeed --- still have 8 games to go, though.
YOU SAW THAT TOO?

Barkley is a b!$ch. He cried that Duncan got fouled at the end. Ok if you call that then call Tony Parker pulling Dirk down in Game 5. If he isn't pulled its over. Mavs in 5.

Did he talk about the officiating for the whole game? No, the Mavs overcame Dick Bavetta.

Barkley is crazy.
Old 05-22-2006, 11:10 PM   #1051
jleefilled
Platinum Member

jleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant future

Diop came up huge! Stack came up huge! Dirk IS huge! Josh came up huge! Wowzers folks! King Kong has officially been removed from the Mavs' back!
Old 05-22-2006, 11:12 PM   #1052
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

rabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond repute

And yes, props to the Spurs. Pop said it best, after 10, it was 5 and 5, after 11, it will be 6 and 5 but if there was to be another game, it'd be dead heat again.

An endless series of Spurs and Mavericks ballgames would result damn close to .500 for both ballclubs. You guys were the champs. We had to go through you to earn the right and we'll represent Dallas, the Southwest, Texas and the West well.

Old 05-22-2006, 11:12 PM   #1053
jleefilled
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbitproof
GLORIOUS FVUCKING GLORIES TO OUR MAVERICKS!!

All you Finley-will-kill-us and curse-of-Cuban fans can stick it where the sun don't shine!

Mavs still gotta lotta mouths to shut up: Charles, Kenny, anti-Euro Dirk doubters, anti-youth AJ doubters, determined Cuban doubters, people with Nash hardons, Piston groupies, collective think peoples... IT'S ON!!

WESTERN CONFERENCE FINALS, BABY! This time.. WE ADVANCE.
Ah come on Rabbitproof, the Mavs just won the biggest game in franchise history! Cut everyone some slack. Dirk is the MVP. Dirk is a frickin' LEGEND!!!

Last edited by jleefilled; 05-22-2006 at 11:13 PM.
Old 05-22-2006, 11:15 PM   #1054
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

No doubt! I'm syched. This is just another redemption series.

Expect more of the same!

Old 05-22-2006, 11:16 PM   #1055
big_pth
Diamond Member

big_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to all

My question is...who do we want to win the Clip/Suns? Clips would be my preference...we took em 3-1 in the regular season...
Old 05-22-2006, 11:16 PM   #1056
ilMavvento

ilMavvento is a jewel in the roughilMavvento is a jewel in the roughilMavvento is a jewel in the roughilMavvento is a jewel in the rough

front page of the new york times too
ilMavvento is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 11:17 PM   #1057
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

yeah, clips would be nice. but it would be sooooooooooo sweet to go through nash and the suns, too.
Old 05-22-2006, 11:18 PM   #1058
jleefilled
Platinum Member

I don't think there is any team in the league that posed so many problems for the Mavericks as the Spurs. A championship is coming to D-town baby!
Old 05-22-2006, 11:18 PM   #1059
big_pth
Diamond Member

big_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Boy Laroux
yeah, clips would be nice. but it would be sooooooooooo sweet to go through nash and the suns, too.
Sweet yeah. Easy. Nope. Give me the Clips.
Old 05-22-2006, 11:19 PM   #1060
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

yeah, i know the clips would be easier. but it would continue to exorcise demons when we beat the suns.
Old 05-22-2006, 11:20 PM   #1061
DwD

DwD is a jewel in the roughDwD is a jewel in the roughDwD is a jewel in the roughDwD is a jewel in the rough

Well, who is this "Jason Harris" guy playing for Dallas? Some kind of Terry/Devin hybrid?

Check out this caption - "The Spurs' Manu Ginobili tumbled as Jason Harris of the Mavericks took a shot in the second quarter. "
Old 05-22-2006, 11:20 PM   #1062
irontoad
Golden Member

irontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to all

Bring on whoever. This is the year of the Mavs.
Old 05-22-2006, 11:21 PM   #1063
jleefilled
Platinum Member

I think a friend I was watching the game with summarized it best with "DING DONG THE BITCH IS DEAD!"

Excuse the language...
Old 05-22-2006, 11:21 PM   #1064
Obi Wan Ginobili

Obi Wan Ginobili is on a distinguished road

Oh, by the way, if you let our trophy leave Texas, we will form a posse, and hunt you down like dogs and maim and/or kill you !!!
Obi Wan Ginobili is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 11:21 PM   #1065
irontoad
Golden Member

irontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to all

I feel like the girl in the TRL sketch on Robot Chicken...
Old 05-22-2006, 11:26 PM   #1066
SaltwaterChaffy
Platinum Member

SaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud of

Where is chumdawg?

SaltwaterChaffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 11:26 PM   #1067
jleefilled
Platinum Member

Dirk's And-1 to force the game into overtime was the stuff of legends.
Old 05-22-2006, 11:27 PM   #1068
jleefilled
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltwaterChaffy
Where is chumdawg?
Probably celebrating silly!
Old 05-22-2006, 11:27 PM   #1069
DwD

DwD is a jewel in the roughDwD is a jewel in the roughDwD is a jewel in the roughDwD is a jewel in the rough

Finley and Van Exel down - Nash and Raja Bell to go?
Old 05-22-2006, 11:29 PM   #1070
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

jleefilled, that play was amazing. he was fouled 3 times (at least) on the way to the hole by bowen, gets fouled at the rim by manu, and still converts. what a stud.
Old 05-22-2006, 11:30 PM   #1071
Windmill360
Diamond Member

Windmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond repute

Cmon guys, jump on the sig bandwagon:

Old 05-22-2006, 11:32 PM   #1072
jleefilled
Platinum Member

I'm telling you, this game, this series, is going down in the history books as one of the greatest ever. The legendary Tim Duncan and his Spurs finally got overtaken by the legendary Dirk Nowitzki and his Dallas Mavericks. Unbelievable...
Old 05-22-2006, 11:33 PM   #1073
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

praise God from whom all blessings flow.

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."
ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 11:33 PM   #1074
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Where is the 'ape?
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 11:33 PM   #1075
jleefilled
Platinum Member

37 points, 15 boards, 3 assists, 1 steal, 1 block, 0 turnovers! Are you kidding me??
Old 05-22-2006, 11:34 PM   #1076
jleefilled
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ty
praise God from whom all blessings flow.
Amen
Old 05-22-2006, 11:37 PM   #1077
Simon2
Diamond Member

Simon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to all

My wife was literally crying because the Mavs were getting any fouls. We probably hugged for about a minute because this series was so draining. I love the Mavs! They fought hard thru this one. Mavs were the better team and they won!
Old 05-22-2006, 11:38 PM   #1078
birdsanctuary
Platinum Member

birdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to all

Thanks windmill...
Old 05-22-2006, 11:38 PM   #1079
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_pth
My question is...who do we want to win the Clip/Suns? Clips would be my preference...we took em 3-1 in the regular season...
I'd prefer the Clips but that's because I'm tired of small ball. I want to see a more traditional series.
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 11:40 PM   #1080
birdsanctuary
Platinum Member

birdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to all

I want Suns so we can take another of the league's darlings off the list... I thought Avery grew tremendously in this series... Is Stotlemire on the playoff roster. Can they pull some crazy crap like that on us? Now that I think of it, we'd win that battle Diop/Damp/DJ > Stotlemire

Avery ? DiAntoni
Avery > Flip

Last edited by birdsanctuary; 05-22-2006 at 11:45 PM.
birdsanctuary is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
classic threads