Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Political Arena

Old 07-21-2008, 08:19 PM   #41
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

So I see that the thin-skinned-messiah couldn't quite find enough room on the author or the article in the New Yorker Magazine. Wuss...
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-22-2008, 07:36 AM   #42
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

GermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond repute

But as to the New Yorker...this paper is not a satire mag or am i wrong ?

OK, germany is slightly more liberal than Texas

Chancellor Kohl uses war gas

Last edited by GermanDunk; 07-22-2008 at 07:48 AM.
GermanDunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 12:31 PM   #43
92bDad
Platinum Member

92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg
Something tells me you wouldn't, really, but still...

You are falling victim here to a logical fallacy, and/or an underappreciation of how voting works in this country and has worked for a long time.

For example, you readily bet me twenty bucks that Texas would vote Republican this year. Probably a smart bet on your part (but we'll see). What did you go on? Did you think that Texans would objectively look at the candidates and choose one specific guy because he's the guy who obviously deserves to be voted for? No, you didn't. If I'm not mistaken, the Republicans didn't even have a guy at the time we placed our bet. What you bet on was your assumption that Texans would vote Republican no matter who the candidates were.

In that case you showed some understanding of how voting works. But now, when you see a stat that says 89% of blacks are voting Obama, you call blacks racist. Blacks vote Democrat at 80%+, and you should know that. (You know that Texans vote Republican at a high clip.) But you want to rhetorically present a poll that says 89% of blacks are voting Obama as evidence that they are racist? You fail here. Let's see. Blacks vote for white Democrats 83% of the time (verifiable), and for Obama, a black Democrat, 89% of the time (a poll number)...and you can call blacks racist?

Obviously you have an agenda, but you aren't using your rhetoric very well to advance it.

Why were you so confident that Texans would vote Republican in this election, without even knowing who the Republican candidate would be? Are you confident that Texans just won't vote for a black candidate, regardless the situation? If so, who's the racist? Texas voters? You, who made the bet? Or, nobody?

Seeing this numbers further solidify my own view regarding racism. It is more of a black thing than any other race. For some reason we see an overwhelming majority who keep voting Democrat and they call those of the same ethnic background and Uncle Tom if they vote republican.

What will it take for Black America to see that they are being used and abused by the Democrat party? They have been enabled to be victims of Democrats and they continue to go back for more.

I can understand why some would choose to be democrat or republican, but I can't understand why such a high % of one culture would be so loyal to one political party and use the race card as a major means to stay with that party.

Unlike other cultural backgrounds who seem to have a more balanced stance between Democrat and Republican.

Look I am a White Republican, but I would NOT want to have 100% White Republicans trying to dictate the direction of our government. Now do I want to see 100% White Democrats trying to dictate the direction of our government.

I don't understand why we see nearly 100% of Blacks backing Democrats for so long?

Why do we not see more Blacks balancing out the mix so that we have 30-50% of Blacks who stand and believe as Republicans with another 30-50% believing in Democrats and the remainder being Swingers?

I get the feeling from Democrats and Blacks that it's an all or nothing stance...all or nothing is very bad for America as it no longer looks at the BIG PICTURE view as to what is best for the Nation as a whole.

I vote based on my thoughts and beliefs...but at the end of the day, I respect the authority of those appointed over me. With all the bad mouthing and protesting and lies that have been said about the Current administration, I don't get the feeling that the same respect is givin back.

It's as if Democrats and SOME Blacks are intolerent of opposing view points.

When will blacks stand up against blacks who are giving blacks a bad rap?

When will whites stop allowing themselves to be emasculated and stand up for what they believe in?

I know there are racist of all types...the worst comes from those who stereotype...even when a black stereotypes a whitey...that my friends is as dangerous as any form of racism and woe to the man who calls it out.
92bDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 12:03 PM   #44
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Barack Hussein Obama continues to seem to have trouble with the flag.

Well you know what they say, you pay attention to what's important to you.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’

Last edited by dude1394; 08-24-2008 at 12:03 PM.
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 12:38 PM   #45
Arne
Golden Member

Arne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92bDad
Why do we not see more Blacks balancing out the mix so that we have 30-50% of Blacks who stand and believe as Republicans with another 30-50% believing in Democrats and the remainder being Swingers?
Maybe we should pass a bill that would make them vote that way? Because there's no doubt in your mind that they actually chose to vote Democrat right...

"Truth is treason in the empire of lies." - Ron Paul The Revolution - A Manifesto
Arne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 12:30 PM   #46
ribosoma
Golden Member

ribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92bDad
Seeing this numbers further solidify my own view regarding racism. It is more of a black thing than any other race. For some reason we see an overwhelming majority who keep voting Democrat and they call those of the same ethnic background and Uncle Tom if they vote republican.

What will it take for Black America to see that they are being used and abused by the Democrat party? They have been enabled to be victims of Democrats and they continue to go back for more.

I can understand why some would choose to be democrat or republican, but I can't understand why such a high % of one culture would be so loyal to one political party and use the race card as a major means to stay with that party.

Unlike other cultural backgrounds who seem to have a more balanced stance between Democrat and Republican.

Look I am a White Republican, but I would NOT want to have 100% White Republicans trying to dictate the direction of our government. Now do I want to see 100% White Democrats trying to dictate the direction of our government.

I don't understand why we see nearly 100% of Blacks backing Democrats for so long?

I get the feeling from Democrats and Blacks that it's an all or nothing stance...all or nothing is very bad for America as it no longer looks at the BIG PICTURE view as to what is best for the Nation as a whole.

I vote based on my thoughts and beliefs...but at the end of the day, I respect the authority of those appointed over me. With all the bad mouthing and protesting and lies that have been said about the Current administration, I don't get the feeling that the same respect is givin back.

It's as if Democrats and SOME Blacks are intolerent of opposing view points.

When will blacks stand up against blacks who are giving blacks a bad rap?

When will whites stop allowing themselves to be emasculated and stand up for what they believe in?

I know there are racist of all types...the worst comes from those who stereotype...even when a black stereotypes a whitey...that my friends is as dangerous as any form of racism and woe to the man who calls it out.

Aren't you intolerant of all things labeled "liberal" or "Democrat" simply because you have accepted a template that was crafted by someone other than yourself? From your posts, you routinely regurgitate buzzwords and talking points that are cranked out by propagandists of your particular point of view.

It is interesting that many who label themselves as "Conservatives" who regularly post here lump all of "Black America" into some monolithic conspiracy that must be opposed at all costs, yet fail to see how they themselves will accept just about anything, regardless of how heinous, from their party- even to the extent of destroying the definition of terms like "genocide", "torture", and even the word "lie."

Don't get me wrong, those who strap on the "liberal/Democrat" label do these very same things. I guess that from my point of view, it seems a bit delusional to get caught up in BS topics that distract us all from the fact that the American political system is a complete farce. It is the ultimate example of spinning our wheels. Most people I talk with readily admit this, yet there you are, chasing the carrot to the toll booth, voting on a soap opera you had no part in writing.

Also, 92bDad, your last sentence is the kicker. Perhaps you could heed your own advice in relation to stereotyping. To throw out a polarizing term like "Black America" in relation to some generalization is stereotyping. Words do have definitions. Define your terms. If what you call your logic requires a deconstruction of language in order to accommodate your worldview, then I'm afraid that the problem doesn't lie in whatever boogeyman you vociferously oppose, it lies in the observer... that would be you.
ribosoma is offline   Reply With Quote