Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 01-25-2009, 08:07 PM   #281
Dirkgreatness
Platinum Member

Dirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
That game was not cool. But, at least we didn't trade for Redd! He is done for the year, sux for him and Milwaukee.

Our defense pathetic. Our heart is weak, we looked like scared sheep out there. Our team is untalented and poorly constructed.

Another game where GG doesn't get in, our stars were still out there when the game was well over. Losing faith in RC and Co. slowly but surely.

We lack a guy that will demand accountability and toughness and get on to his teammates.

I look forward to the changes to come.
What makes me mad is that Carroll has been here what a week or so and hes already getting more minutes than Green is.
Old 01-25-2009, 08:41 PM   #282
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkgreatness View Post
What makes me mad is that Carroll has been here what a week or so and hes already getting more minutes than Green is.
You know there was a time when Matt Carroll was a respectable threat in this league. Maybe it was because he played for a poor team that made him look better than he really was but I don't know if it was last season or the season before but he became a legit player in this league. I have no idea what has happened to him. Its hard to imagine how a guy in his 20's who's proven he can score just can't anymore. Two years ago the Diop deal would've been a steal. Now its looking like a wash since Hollins seems like he has the athleticism to be able to do something in this league.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 09:24 PM   #283
Silk Smoov
Banned

Silk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtownsfinest View Post
If the players "gave up" on Avery last season what in the hell are the doing now under Carlisle?
Give up on the Mavs organization as a whole Carlisle is just horrible. I said it early this season about how he reminds me of so many Avery mistakes in the past. The problem is that he does not remind me of Avery on any of the good points of Avery.
Silk Smoov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 09:52 PM   #284
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future

What a mess this team has become. Ugh.

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

-Miami paper on Dirk Nowitzki
Dirkenstien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 09:58 PM   #285
ghazi
Platinum Member

ghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud of

Who was better out there than Carlisle? I forget whether Larry Brown took the Cats' job before or after we hired him, he's the only one who makes a case.

Carlisle isn't the problem. He's proven to be a winner everywhere he goes. Since when are coaches responsible for losses by 24 points, 20 points, 34 points, 24 points, 19 points, etc etc?? Our roster is simply not that good. This is what mediocrity is, mediocre teams will get blown out from time to time.

Like at the end of the day it REALLY matters if Gerald frickin Green, who wasn't even in the NBA for the last half of last year, gets a few more minutes?

Last edited by ghazi; 01-25-2009 at 09:58 PM.
ghazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 10:08 PM   #286
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

we had a game today? Did we tell the Mavs?
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 10:25 PM   #287
Re-Dirk-ulous

Re-Dirk-ulous is a glorious beacon of lightRe-Dirk-ulous is a glorious beacon of lightRe-Dirk-ulous is a glorious beacon of lightRe-Dirk-ulous is a glorious beacon of lightRe-Dirk-ulous is a glorious beacon of lightRe-Dirk-ulous is a glorious beacon of lightRe-Dirk-ulous is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluid.forty.one View Post
we had a game today? Did we tell the Mavs?
Maybe they were too busy partying with the luscious HS jailbait at the after party and they just forgot
Re-Dirk-ulous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 12:56 AM   #288
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

100 points on the best defense in the league. pretty shocking.

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 01:01 AM   #289
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by alby View Post
haha best post-game analysis all year.
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 01:07 AM   #290
twistaeffect2004
Diamond Member

twistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant future

Disappointed with the effort, but losing big to the Celtics isn't surprising. The Mavs aren't in the same league as that bunch. Just not near good enough.

I was able to watch the first quarter of the game before I had to go to work. I'm glad I didn't get to see the Mavs get slaughtered again.
Old 01-26-2009, 12:43 PM   #291
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."
ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 01:11 PM   #292
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghazi View Post
Who was better out there than Carlisle? I forget whether Larry Brown took the Cats' job before or after we hired him, he's the only one who makes a case.

Carlisle isn't the problem. He's proven to be a winner everywhere he goes. Since when are coaches responsible for losses by 24 points, 20 points, 34 points, 24 points, 19 points, etc etc?? Our roster is simply not that good. This is what mediocrity is, mediocre teams will get blown out from time to time.

Like at the end of the day it REALLY matters if Gerald frickin Green, who wasn't even in the NBA for the last half of last year, gets a few more minutes?

Why sign the dood then, he has been here and with no doubt has more to offer than Matt FRICKEN Carroll has!

There are several reasons you play Green, one being because we need to know what he has to offer. We're going nowhere, why the F not?

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 02:14 PM   #293
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

what can I say, I have faith in the Mavericks.

Contact Me
Old 01-26-2009, 03:24 PM   #294
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Pierce played 22 minutes, Garnett played 24.
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 03:28 PM   #295
alby
Guru

shhh

Contact Me
Old 01-26-2009, 03:46 PM   #296
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by twistaeffect2004 View Post
Disappointed with the effort, but losing big to the Celtics isn't surprising. The Mavs aren't in the same league as that bunch. Just not near good enough.

I was able to watch the first quarter of the game before I had to go to work. I'm glad I didn't get to see the Mavs get slaughtered again.
....that is the best team, in terms of being on the same page and running their system. It's something I wish the Mavs could emulate, not in terms of go to guys, but just being on the same page, the timing, etc. You look at Pierce yesterday and they still win by 24.
Kidd Karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 04:06 PM   #297
mmmfast

mmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to all

Have they rebuilt Reunion Arena? This feels like Mavs games of my childhood.
Old 01-26-2009, 04:41 PM   #298
Re-Dirk-ulous

Re-Dirk-ulous is a glorious beacon of lightRe-Dirk-ulous is a glorious beacon of lightRe-Dirk-ulous is a glorious beacon of lightRe-Dirk-ulous is a glorious beacon of lightRe-Dirk-ulous is a glorious beacon of lightRe-Dirk-ulous is a glorious beacon of lightRe-Dirk-ulous is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmfast View Post
Have they rebuilt Reunion Arena? This feels like Mavs games of my childhood.
Re-Dirk-ulous is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bucks repeat, gdt 08/09