Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-10-2004, 09:50 AM   #38
V2M
Diamond Member

V2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to behold
Default RE:Nellie on with Norm

PE, considering we beat 'em by 10 points plus the 2 technicals... that's a 12 point differential to overcome. That's just way too much credit for Nellie's "nuance" theory. My argument was based on the players getting an emotional lift when they see their coach sticking up for them. But that's only valid usually in the 2nd half or late in the game when we're trailing by a significant margin and a key reason for that is the refs. When they see their coach is willing to get tossed out while standing up for 'em, sometimes that has a +ve effect on their energy. But I don't see how that would work when a coach gets tossed out in the 1st minute of a key road game when the score is tied at 2-2 or something like that.

Your argument of Nellie getting tossed out made the refs more pro-mav versus the opposite is kinda' hard to believe. If it did, it couldn''t have made more than a couple point difference to the game.

To me, the game was won fair & square by AJ who pushed the right buttons to keep the players aggressive and made the right moves to keep the Wolves' playing catch up all game. His timeouts were very timely and personnel changes were very logical. His game plan got KG, the reigning MVP in foul trouble. Of course, you could always argue that's all due to Nellie and his brilliant strategy of getting tossed out in the 1st minute... I just think the odds of that being true are very low. Again we could always agree to disagree. Peace. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
V2M is offline   Reply With Quote