Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 05-13-2002, 01:30 PM   #1
Stressboy91

Stressboy91 is on a distinguished road

Hey Guys,

I read the board pretty regular, but don't post much and I have had a thought since game 2 that I have not seen put into practice nor even discussed. I knew coming into game 3 that the biggest adjustment would be the Kings moving to the high low in order to negate our fronting of the low post. It was that move in game 2 that befuddeled the kings. Also, it is apparent that Webber has mind screwed Dirk by abusing him so much (maybe it was just the SI cover), but I thought that Nellie would have tried to go bigger against their bigs in order to get Dirk off of Webber.

It's probably too late to go with this, but how about starting, Nash, Finley, Dirk, Wang and LaFrentz? Why, because the D can't get much worse and mainly I think it gives fits to the kings on defense. You take LaFrentz and Wang and put them on the 3 point line, take Dirk and Fin into the post, maybe even Nash at times. The idea is to have 1 of the 3 bigs able to get the 3 just about any time there is penetration, or any action in the low post. It also pulls Vlade and Webber away from the hoop making it harder on them to board. Maybe with 3 7-footers, we could get a few defensive boards unlike the last 2 games. Unless we come out cold, Adleman would have to try and go small with us and maybe put vlade on the bench.

I also keep hoping that we can get 1 Flagrant 1 called against us before the series is over. It is evident that they want it more right now and unless we are willing to punish them going to the hoop that is not going to change.

I would just like some thoughts on the big line up.

Stressboy
Stressboy91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-13-2002, 02:12 PM   #2
Dirk77
Banned

Dirk77 is on a distinguished road

Your way off there. Webber hasn't been guarding Dirk, Peja has, until last game. The Mavs want webber on dirk, and when Webber has been on Dirk, Dirk has taken great advantage of cwebb.
Dirk77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2002, 02:26 PM   #3
Stressboy91

Stressboy91 is on a distinguished road

I'm mainly talking about Dirk having to guard Webber, that is where he is getting shell shocked and I think that Wang could abuse Webber off the dribble or from 3 just as effectively. I think Peja if healthy could take Dirk off the dribble as well as Turkalu, but I think Dirk would have more confidence and by using Wang and LaFrentz to pull Webber and Vlade away from the post, I know Dirk dominates the boards against either small forward they have.

Stressboy
Stressboy91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2002, 02:32 PM   #4
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

The Kings would score 150 - seriously. And our scoring would be about the same.

I think it would be a poor lineup.
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2002, 04:05 PM   #5
Mavs4Fin

Mavs4Fin is on a distinguished road

D77, Dirk hasn't really took advantage of anything(like he will do tonight.) Webber has guarded Dirk quite a bit, and Dirk hasn't exactly torched him.
Mavs4Fin is offline   Reply With Quote