Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 05-13-2002, 09:27 AM   #1
balla gurl

balla gurl is on a distinguished road

Kings notebook: Sacramento upset at rough play
Mavericks' Najera says he's hard-nosed player, not dirty

05/12/2002

By GERRY FRALEY / The Dallas Morning News

Hard feelings broke out in the Sacramento-Mavericks series on Saturday.

The Kings accused Mavericks Shawn Bradley and Eduardo Najera of dirty play. Sacramento coach Rick Adelman also was upset about a play on Doug Christie by Raef LaFrentz.

"Najera and Bradley come in purposely to try and foul me and play dirty," Kings forward Chris Webber said after Saturday's 115-113 overtime win.

Webber and Najera have had a physical battle throughout this series. Webber lured Najera into three fouls in a span of 10 seconds during the second quarter.

Before the game, guard Bobby Jackson questioned Najera's intent. "Everybody knows why he's out there," Jackson said. "They want him to get Chris mad."

Bradley, who has eight fouls in only 14 minutes during the series, could not be reached for comment. Najera insisted he is playing the style that has kept him in the league for two seasons.

"I play hard," Najera said. "Some people see that as being a dirty player. I don't listen to that. I just do whatever I have to do."

Adelman said LaFrentz undercut Christie on a layup early in the third quarter. Christie landed awkwardly and bruised both wrists but remained in the game.

webber's just plain stupid...and i hate when he makes those ugly faces after a "slam"--he looks like an idiot(not intimidating)!
balla gurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-13-2002, 10:00 AM   #2
Mavy

Mavy is on a distinguished road

<< webber's just plain stupid...and i hate when he makes those ugly faces after a &quot;slam&quot;--he looks like an idiot(not intimidating)! >>

I know. Because of the Mavs (lack of) interior defense we have had the opportunity to see it a lot this series. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]
Mavy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2002, 03:44 PM   #3
Mavs4Fin

Mavs4Fin is on a distinguished road

It's true balla gurl, that's their intentions when they come into the game. Webber told Najera, &quot;cut all that out and play some ball&quot;. Najera replied &quot;I am not in the game for that&quot;.
Mavs4Fin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2002, 03:56 PM   #4
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

MavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to behold

Fans behind the Kings' bench also reported hearing Adelman ask Webber, &quot;Why did you commit that stupid foul against Nowitzki?&quot;. And Webber answered &quot;Because I couldn't take no more of Tough Eddie's defense. He is one tough hombre. I am a talented but heartless loser.&quot;
MavKikiNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2002, 03:58 PM   #5
Mavs4Fin

Mavs4Fin is on a distinguished road

Why do some people feel the need to troll this board with BullSh!t like this?
Mavs4Fin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2002, 04:56 PM   #6
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

LOL...sarcasm rules.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2002, 05:22 PM   #7
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

MavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to behold

<< Why do some people feel the need to troll this board with BullSh!t like this? >>

I can never outdo you, Mavs4Fin. I can only hope to provide a cheap imitation. I readily acknowledge your supremacy.
Old 05-13-2002, 05:33 PM   #8
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

judging by eddie's &quot;tough&quot; defense,.. well, let's say his defense has been on par with the rest of the mavs
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2002, 05:42 PM   #9
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

&lt;ahem&gt;...

Make that &quot;One-Thumbed Eddie&quot;.
Old 05-13-2002, 05:43 PM   #10
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

with two good thumbs, eddie would still have had a poor defensive series
Old 05-13-2002, 05:45 PM   #11
ArcticBlast

ArcticBlast is on a distinguished road

How exactly do you know that he would have had a bad defensive series? Powers of sight into alternate universes? Just curious.
Old 05-13-2002, 05:46 PM   #12
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

No, with one more thumb, he would simply have dominated Webber. He simply would have.

However, with one well-placed thumb, a certain poster on this board would walk funny for a couple of weeks.
Old 05-13-2002, 05:48 PM   #13
Murphy3
Guru

he's not quick enough to matchup well with the kings.
no, it is not a given that he would have struggled, but, the odds were against him

not najera's fault at all..simply didn't matchup well