Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 04-11-2006, 12:06 AM   #281
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

dang. I love you all. have my babies.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-11-2006, 12:07 AM   #282
irontoad
Golden Member

irontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to all

Dirk says STFU to those who say he never makes game winners... awesome.
Old 04-11-2006, 12:07 AM   #283
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Well, Sike...He missed a couple of shots within 2-3 feet in the second half...He got to the line by taking it to the hole..and he traveled taking it to the hole...all in the second half.

It's proof that he can suck from everwhere on the court when he's off... which isn't often.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 12:07 AM   #284
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

I must say, that was a very satisfying finish.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 12:07 AM   #285
Locked_Up_Tonight
Platinum Member

Locked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to beholdLocked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to beholdLocked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to beholdLocked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to beholdLocked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to beholdLocked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to beholdLocked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to beholdLocked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to beholdLocked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to beholdLocked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to beholdLocked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to behold

Dirk hit the scoreboard!

About the only thing he hit all night!
Old 04-11-2006, 12:07 AM   #286
orangedays
Platinum Member

orangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant future

I see your game-winner LeBron, and I raise you 11 games in the win/loss column.
orangedays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 12:07 AM   #287
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

That german guy is pretty good...whoever he is..
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 12:07 AM   #288
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

How about that for game winner? Take that, LeBron!
Old 04-11-2006, 12:07 AM   #289
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

If you can lip read he said the F part fo that anyways.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 12:08 AM   #290
jleefilled
Platinum Member

jleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy3
Why does it go on AJ? What adjustments needed to be made besides the Mavs hitting an open shot or two?
I thought he could have made an adjustment in the third earlier than he did when he took Stack out. But with both Cassell and Maggette out, I think the Mavs have to handle buisness. Fortunately, they did. : )
jleefilled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 12:08 AM   #291
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

I love seeing Dirk furious with himself.....I loves it.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
Old 04-11-2006, 12:08 AM   #292
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by irontoad
Dirk says STFU to those who say he never makes game winners... awesome.
Doesn't he have three game winners in the final 4-5 seconds this season?
Old 04-11-2006, 12:08 AM   #293
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

I didn't scan the thread when I got home. Where was Cassell?
Old 04-11-2006, 12:09 AM   #294
sp3nc3r13

sp3nc3r13 is just really nicesp3nc3r13 is just really nicesp3nc3r13 is just really nicesp3nc3r13 is just really nicesp3nc3r13 is just really nicesp3nc3r13 is just really nice

hmm i somehow believe this was a mysterious plot by dirk to suck it up all game and hit the game winner. Ill take it!
Old 04-11-2006, 12:09 AM   #295
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
It's proof that he can suck from everwhere on the court when he's off... which isn't often.
That's a good way to put it. Kinda what I was talking about to TD3 in that other thread. And of course, the killer "fadeaway in your face" with .7 left serves as at least some sort of anecdotal evidence that the big German shouldn't just forget about the jumper even if he's missed a few.
Old 04-11-2006, 12:09 AM   #296
Murphy3
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by jleefilled
I thought he could have made an adjustment in the third earlier than he did when he took Stack out. But with both Cassell and Maggette out, I think the Mavs have to handle buisness. Fortunately, they did. : )
ah...like I mentioned, the most likely person to give Stack a bj is Avery.
Old 04-11-2006, 12:09 AM   #297
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Well, Sike...He missed a couple of shots within 2-3 feet in the second half...He got to the line by taking it to the hole..and he traveled taking it to the hole...all in the second half.

yes, and he missed like 7-9 shots in a row....so, my advice is take it to the hoop. whatever....he came up big time doing what he does best, hit the jumper....

Old 04-11-2006, 12:09 AM   #298
capitalcity
Diamond Member

capitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant future

Dirk V f'n P.
Old 04-11-2006, 12:10 AM   #299
chumdawg
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locked_Up_Tonight
Dirk hit the scoreboard!

About the only thing he hit all night!
Not called for!
Old 04-11-2006, 12:10 AM   #300
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Dirk MVP no question

Black Hole= Stack House no question

DevinHarriswillstart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 12:10 AM   #301
raefformvp
Golden Member

raefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant future

I stayed up for that?! Oh well. A win is a win is a win. I'm tired, so I'm out. G'night.

my boy cheering on the Mavs with his Mavs maraca and wearing his Jason Terry headband.
raefformvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 12:10 AM   #302
Murphy3
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsFanFinley
ET phoned home.
Old 04-11-2006, 12:10 AM   #303
jleefilled
Platinum Member

jleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant future

Quote:

He had the flu or something..
jleefilled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 12:11 AM   #304
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
He had to poop before the game so they held him out...
Old 04-11-2006, 12:11 AM   #305
chumdawg
Guru

Quote:
He had the trots. Also known as "Flu-like symptoms." Known in other circles as Tim Duncan Syndrome.
Old 04-11-2006, 12:11 AM   #306
sike
The Preacha

"flu like symtoms".....so, the freak had a late night of drinking huh?

Old 04-11-2006, 12:12 AM   #307
sike
The Preacha

man....I wish Damp could have landed that dunk....that would have made every highlight show in the country...instead it will make the blooper reel....

Old 04-11-2006, 12:13 AM   #308
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Uh oh...A shirtless dirk interview.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
Old 04-11-2006, 12:14 AM   #309
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394
Uh oh...A shirtless dirk interview.
keep the pants on dude...

Last edited by sike; 04-11-2006 at 12:14 AM.
Old 04-11-2006, 12:15 AM   #310
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by sike
keep the pants on dude...
I'm trying..I'm trying....
Old 04-11-2006, 12:15 AM   #311
orangedays
Platinum Member

orangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant future

Embarassing offensive display tonight.

Clips' output in the 2nd half matched Mavs' output in the 2nd Q (33 pts).
Clips' output in the 1st Q (26 pts) outdid Mavs' output in the 2nd half (25 pts).

Mavs shot 37% from the field - but were bested by the Clips who managed 35%. That's bush-league.

Last edited by orangedays; 04-11-2006 at 12:16 AM.
Old 04-11-2006, 12:16 AM   #312
Mavfan + Ravenfan

Mavfan + Ravenfan is on a distinguished road

To me daniels is playing better than stack, and with griffin's return, I want to see daniels as the first guy to come off the bench.
I realize this is just one game's stats but its obvoius that daniels is playin smarter than stack
Daniels-6-8 for 13 pts 4 asts and no to's in 23
Stack-2-11 for 8 pts 4 asts and 3 to's in 35 min
When we was eight, we went to Bat Day to see the Yanks
In Sixty-Nine, his father and mines, they robbed banks
He pointed to the charm on his neck
With his last bit of energy left, told me rock it with respect
I opened it, seen the god holdin his kids
Photogenic, tears just burst out my wig

AKA-wu banga at db.com
AKA-mavsravensfanatic at scout.com
Mavfan + Ravenfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 12:16 AM   #313
chumdawg
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by sike
"flu like symtoms".....so, the freak had a late night of drinking huh?
Ahhh, the old Brown Bag Flu. Hell, why not.
Old 04-11-2006, 12:18 AM   #314
chumdawg
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangedays
Embarassing offensive display tonight.

Clips' output in the 2nd half matched Mavs' output in the 2nd Q (33 pts).
Clips' output in the 1st Q (26 pts) outdid Mavs' output in the 2nd half (25 pts).

Mavs shot 37% from the field - but were bested by the Clips who managed 35%. That's bush-league.
Playoff basketball, brutha! Everybody and his dog knows those shots get a whole lot harder to hit in the playoffs. Think of tonight's game as a first-round preview, if it will help you make sense of things.
Old 04-11-2006, 12:20 AM   #315
sike
The Preacha

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg
Playoff basketball, brutha! Everybody and his dog knows those shots get a whole lot harder to hit in the playoffs. Think of tonight's game as a first-round preview, if it will help you make sense of things.
do the clipps even get a game in that series?

Old 04-11-2006, 12:20 AM   #316
Mavfan + Ravenfan

brand had a duncan night, 4-15, 13 and 9

AKA-wu banga at db.com
Old 04-11-2006, 12:21 AM   #317
orangedays
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg
I certainly hope the Mavs are capable of better than this! The playoffs are tough but not 28-75 tough.

Tonight's game is little more than a momentary hiccup though, I'm sure.

EDIT: I will rephrase:

I know the Mavs are better than this. In the playoffs, should we play the Clips...our beloved Mavs will break out the steamroller

Last edited by orangedays; 04-11-2006 at 12:22 AM.
Old 04-11-2006, 12:23 AM   #318
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavfan + Ravenfan
To me daniels is playing better than stack, and with griffin's return, I want to see daniels as the first guy to come off the bench.
I realize this is just one game's stats but its obvoius that daniels is playin smarter than stack
Daniels-6-8 for 13 pts 4 asts and no to's in 23
Stack-2-11 for 8 pts 4 asts and 3 to's in 35 min
Every time I watch the games, I can't help but think that Daniels brings more to the table that Stackhouse. Personally, I want to see the minutes balanced a little more equally, or maybe slightly in favor of Daniels. But Avery seems to like Stack better for whatever reason.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
FINtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 12:25 AM   #319
Mavfan + Ravenfan

One thing we might have to worry about in a playoff series with the clips is dirk on kaman. Every game this season, Kaman has had big games on dirk. Since diop and damp are on brand that leaves dirk to box out kaman. Props to kaman for developing into a player who can actually make you pay for mismatch. 22 an 12 tonight.

AKA-wu banga at db.com
Old 04-11-2006, 12:26 AM   #320
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by FINtastic
Every time I watch the games, I can't help but think that Daniels brings more to the table that Stackhouse. Personally, I want to see the minutes balanced a little more equally, or maybe slightly in favor of Daniels. But Avery seems to like Stack better for whatever reason.
Every time marquis gets a chance to show what he can do, he fades for some reason. He just needs to get more physical to play for AJ and he'd play. He just cannot just follow his man around, he has to contest him to the spot and man-up.

That's what's going to get him on the court.