Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 02-02-2010, 10:44 AM   #81
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future

I think we probably have a deal on the table for Iggy/Dalembert but Philly is probably waiting it out to see who offers the most closer to the trade deadline. Dally really isn't a big deal since he's a huge expiring next year.

Cleveland, Phoenix, Portland, and Dallas are going to be in the bidding war down the wire. Not sure if Philly wants to see Iggy stay in the East, but the Cavs appear to be very motivated and rightfully so. Portland definitely has the most assets to bid with.

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

-Miami paper on Dirk Nowitzki
Dirkenstien is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-02-2010, 11:07 AM   #82
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalmations202 View Post
I don't understand lots when it comes to BBall people. Of course, it isn't my money, and I don't really know what is and isn't being offered either.

With that said, all these cool trades, still run you into a problem in the end.
What trade makes you as good as the frontline of the Lakers? Bynum, Gasol, Odom are all 6'10" and above, long armed, and skilled. Any of them can go off for 20+ on any given night. They can even run the floor.

Add to that Kobe -- who is one of two players (him and Lebron) that I think are definitely ahead of Dirk in the league. All the rest I think I can argue Dirk and at least break even on the argument, but Lebron and Kobe are in a class by themselves, IMO.

The weakest link of the Lakers is an ultra quick PG (if you can spread the floor), and RC refuses to develop Frenchy since he is a rook. So I don't think Dallas has much of a chance to win it all this year anyway.

I think Mark and Donnie realize this, and are trying to hold a few more eggs in the basket to see how the landscape unfolds next year.

I just don't see how this team as presently constructed can beat the Lakers in 7 without a better frontline, and without a better SG to help spread the floor.
I would say that in a perfect world, Kevin Martin and Boozer would be enough to go against the lakers if you only had to give up Howard/Gooden/Barea/garbage to get them. I haven't done salaries, just saying it would probably take two players like that.

I don't see Howard still here past the deadline. His 11 minutes against Portland suggests as much.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 11:10 AM   #83
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

The question is what do you give Philly to match Iggy/Dalembert? Are you including Damp in a proposed deal? I think that's a pointless debate because I don't think there's a chance in hell Damp gets moved before the off season.

So if you're trying to get Iggy/Dalembert without including Damp, you're talking about trading Josh/Gooden and enough contracts to make it work. You could possibly get their with JJB/Roddy/TimTom..maybe. But that would rip your roster apart. Seems unlikely (if even possible, I haven't looked at the exact numbers).

So you'd probably have to move Carroll into the deal, which instantly makes it less enticing for Philly. Obviously they still save a ton of money, but Carroll's contract stretches for another three years I think.

I dunno, it just doesn't seem like a great fit.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 11:12 AM   #84
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
I don't see Howard still here past the deadline. His 11 minutes against Portland suggests as much.
This, to me, is the bottom line. A few short weeks ago I was preaching patient with Josh, assuming he would round into form. But he's done here. I don't see anyway this gets turned around at this point.

They're obviously not picking up that option for this version of Josh Howard. So no matter what the deal is, he better be playing in another uniform after the trade deadline. If he's not this fan base is going to revolt.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
Old 02-02-2010, 11:21 AM   #85
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

BTW, here's a quote from Cuban via Gina Miller's blog:

Quote:
And on that subject of a trade, Cuban offered this: "If there's an opportunity there to get better, if a team wants to get off money and we can add a player that makes us better, we're gonna do it. We're not gonna sit pat just to sit pat. A week ago I probably would have told you nothing (was going to happen) but I think now things are picking up some."
The rest of the article is typical Cuban excuse-making, saying the team is "bored".

Mavs Net Ratings By Game

Last edited by jthig32; 02-02-2010 at 11:21 AM.
Old 02-02-2010, 11:28 AM   #86
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Well they are playing like they are bored for sure. It's all over their body language.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 11:31 AM   #87
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
The question is what do you give Philly to match Iggy/Dalembert? Are you including Damp in a proposed deal? I think that's a pointless debate because I don't think there's a chance in hell Damp gets moved before the off season.

So if you're trying to get Iggy/Dalembert without including Damp, you're talking about trading Josh/Gooden and enough contracts to make it work. You could possibly get their with JJB/Roddy/TimTom..maybe. But that would rip your roster apart. Seems unlikely (if even possible, I haven't looked at the exact numbers).

So you'd probably have to move Carroll into the deal, which instantly makes it less enticing for Philly. Obviously they still save a ton of money, but Carroll's contract stretches for another three years I think.

I dunno, it just doesn't seem like a great fit.
Salary-wise, Josh/Gooden/Carroll for Iggy/Dalembert works, then add JJB or Roddy to sweeten the deal talent-wise.

The Sixers would save about $17mil in expiring contracts - if you include their current expirings, they should be under the cap next season (even if the cap shrinks by several million dollars - they're currently $7mil over with a 16-31 record to show for it.)

EDIT: Cleveland could simply trade Shaq for Iggy/Dalembert and the Sixers would save $21mil, so obviously we don't have the best offer out there (assuming Cleveland would even make that trade.)

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 02-02-2010 at 11:43 AM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 12:04 PM   #88
AO41
Platinum Member

AO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud of

I think Cleveland would make that trade in a heart beat lol. Dalambert is a better fit than Shaq at this point and IGGY is IGGY...sooo. BUt I dont think Philly takes that deal because all they are getting is cap relief and no talent what so ever.
Old 02-02-2010, 12:19 PM   #89
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by AO41 View Post
I think Cleveland would make that trade in a heart beat lol. Dalambert is a better fit than Shaq at this point and IGGY is IGGY...sooo. BUt I dont think Philly takes that deal because all they are getting is cap relief and no talent what so ever.
Shaq for Iggy/Dalembert was just the general idea - Cleveland can add up to $6mil in talent and the trade still works (of course, Cleveland doesn't really have any reasonably-priced talent they can give up, so maybe Dallas has an edge?)

Old 02-02-2010, 12:24 PM   #90
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
Salary-wise, Josh/Gooden/Carroll for Iggy/Dalembert works, then add JJB or Roddy to sweeten the deal talent-wise.

The Sixers would save about $17mil in expiring contracts - if you include their current expirings, they should be under the cap next season (even if the cap shrinks by several million dollars - they're currently $7mil over with a 16-31 record to show for it.)

EDIT: Cleveland could simply trade Shaq for Iggy/Dalembert and the Sixers would save $21mil, so obviously we don't have the best offer out there (assuming Cleveland would even make that trade.)
Wouldn't philly be able to re-sign josh at a higher value than others? so they would get rid of salary plus have a serviceable player at 5 mill or so?
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
Old 02-02-2010, 12:25 PM   #91
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394 View Post
Wouldn't philly be able to re-sign josh at a higher value than others? so they would get rid of salary plus have a serviceable player at 5 mill or so?
That depends on whether they think Josh is serviceable enough.

If they're looking for talent, Portland could be a better suitor.

Last edited by Underdog; 02-02-2010 at 12:34 PM.
Old 02-02-2010, 12:36 PM   #92
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
Let's assume Josh/Gooden/Carroll/JJB.

Dampier - Dalembert
Nowitzki -
Marion - Thomas
Iguodala - Terry
Kidd - Beaubois

I like the looks of that better than what we currently throw out there, for sure.
Old 02-02-2010, 12:41 PM   #93
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

Celtics trying to move ray Allen:

http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archiv...to_deal_allen/

Are the Kings shopping Kevin Martin, Martin's gone off with Evans out.
Kidd Karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 12:48 PM   #94
bobatundi
Golden Member

bobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond repute

Howard/Gooden/Carroll is what I had in mind. Obviously that involves Philly taking back Carroll's bad deal--but they're saving a ton of money with Howard & Gooden expiring. Oh, and if they want JJB for "talent" in the trade, I'll buy his plane ticket personally.

Here's a kick in the nuts--Howard/Gooden/Barea/Humphries would have worked, and not required Philly to eat Matt Carroll's salary. Maybe something can still get done that way--while we can't combine an exception in a trade, we could, I think, use the exception to acquire a player from another team and immediately include that player in a deal to Philly. Any player with a salary between $2,254,000 and $3,000,000 would work.
bobatundi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 12:56 PM   #95
bobatundi
Golden Member

bobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidd Karma View Post
Celtics trying to move ray Allen:

http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archiv...to_deal_allen/

Are the Kings shopping Kevin Martin, Martin's gone off with Evans out.
Ray Allen a couple years ago, absolutely. Ray Allen now...no way. Doesn't put us over the top, and has less S&T value than Josh at season's end.
Old 02-02-2010, 02:10 PM   #96
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future

If the Celtics are serious about trading Ray Allen then that could mean more competition for us in landing a quality player with Howard. They could do a lot with that massive expiring contract.

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

Old 02-02-2010, 02:36 PM   #97
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by quietsavant View Post
I believe in acquiring talent firsty. However they need to make the pieces fit, a great coach will work that out. No one thought gooden and Dirk would work. granted its not consistent, but it works
I like the Gooden signing I just don't like when he and Dirk are on the court together. Especially defensively.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 02:38 PM   #98
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

Quote:
BTW, here's a quote from Cuban via Gina Miller's blog:

The rest of the article is typical Cuban excuse-making, saying the team is "bored".
Isn't it funny how one week, Cuban has nothing brewing, then an article about doom and gloom about the new CBA with a hard cap and max salaries at 8 million. Possibly snailing lots of teams that had wanted to buy, thus eliminating some buyers/competitors from the list. Now this blip about Cuban saying things are heating up. I would not be surprised if Cuban tossed that hard cap garbage out to "sources."
Kidd Karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 02:41 PM   #99
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobatundi View Post
Ray Allen a couple years ago, absolutely. Ray Allen now...no way. Doesn't put us over the top, and has less S&T value than Josh at season's end.
I actually believe Ray is exactly what this team needs. A real 2 guard. Someone who can be a reliable scoring option night in and out. But if you would go after Allen you would still need to try to obtain a slasher. You need a shooter who Rick will be forced to play. No way in hell even Carlisle will play Barea over Ray Allen.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 02:49 PM   #100
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Trade Howard for Allen and knock out two birds with one stone. Allen makes us better this season and Howard playing for Boston effectively ruins any chance they may have had at a championship.

Old 02-02-2010, 03:29 PM   #101
bobatundi
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtownsfinest View Post
I actually believe Ray is exactly what this team needs. A real 2 guard. Someone who can be a reliable scoring option night in and out. But if you would go after Allen you would still need to try to obtain a slasher. You need a shooter who Rick will be forced to play. No way in hell even Carlisle will play Barea over Ray Allen.
Don't get me wrong--I'd prefer Ray Allen to Barea--but I think he's a has-been. His 3P% is way off this year, he plays no defense, he doesn't attack the basket and thus doesn't get to the free throw line. He's essentially the same player as Terry--maybe a better shooter, definitely older--and I absolutely cringe at the thought of having two such players on the floor.
Old 02-02-2010, 03:35 PM   #102
Nowitzki4President

Nowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to behold

If Gooden were to be in a trade, he can still be waived and return right?

If so, I have no idea why no one has mentioned the Warriors, because from what I've heard, they're still looking to cut costs, why not go for Maggette and Ellis?

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...radeId=yfcqpfj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nowitzki4President View Post
Nowitzki4President is the greatest man to ever live!
Nowitzki4President is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 03:36 PM   #103
LSMF
Diamond Member

LSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond repute

Now we want Ray Allen? Seriously?
Old 02-02-2010, 03:51 PM   #104
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

wait.. Idk, can you tell me who I want to come here and play?

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 04:08 PM   #105
bobatundi
Golden Member

Quote:
If Gooden were to be in a trade, he can still be waived and return right?

If so, I have no idea why no one has mentioned the Warriors, because from what I've heard, they're still looking to cut costs, why not go for Maggette and Ellis?

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...radeId=yfcqpfj
Works with Carroll instead of Gooden. If we're going to take on that kind of salary from them, they gotta eat something.

Maggette certainly gets to the line and scores at a high percentage, and Ellis is clearly a scorer as well...not sure what kind of defense either of them plays, and both shoot lousy % from 3, but I like the idea of adding two legitimate rotation guys for junk. Boy, that is a LOT of long-term salary to eat, though.
Old 02-02-2010, 04:18 PM   #106
Nowitzki4President

Nowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobatundi View Post
Works with Carroll instead of Gooden. If we're going to take on that kind of salary from them, they gotta eat something.

Maggette certainly gets to the line and scores at a high percentage, and Ellis is clearly a scorer as well...not sure what kind of defense either of them plays, and both shoot lousy % from 3, but I like the idea of adding two legitimate rotation guys for junk. Boy, that is a LOT of long-term salary to eat, though.
It is a lot of long term salary, but I don't see Ellis's game declining any time soon, he's only like 24. Maggette on the other hand is older, 30, to be exact, but if we were willing to throw a similar contract to Marion, I'm sure Maggette wouldn't be that much of a difference, even better. Our line up would look a bit strange.

Damp/Gooden (when he comes back or if he never leaves)
Dirk/TT/Marion
Maggette/Marion
Ellis/JET/RoddyB
Kidd/Ellis/RoddyB

That's pretty freaking scary.

Quote:
Nowitzki4President is the greatest man to ever live!
Nowitzki4President is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 05:33 PM   #107
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

MacMahon reiterating what Jthig and I have said...

Quote:
Other than being trade bait due to his expiring contract, Josh Howard has basically become irrelevant to the Dallas Mavericks.

The best thing the Mavs can say about Howard is that he is being professional about his drastically reduced playing time. Just how few minutes Howard has earned is stunning, considering his recent status as a franchise cornerstone.

Howard played a season-low 11 minutes in Monday's loss to the Utah Jazz. Eleven. He had two points, three rebounds, two turnovers and three fouls in that span.

The Mavericks call Howard their sixth man, but it's clear that the coaches have more trust in reserves Drew Gooden and JJ Barea at this point.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 05:58 PM   #108
quietsavant

quietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
MacMahon reiterating what Jthig and I have said...
Something I found interesting about Art Garcia's interview yesterday before the Jazz game :

He mentioned that Josh may finally be at peace with the fact that his time in Dallas is over. He knows that the team won't pick him up next summer, he knows he probably will be traded, he knows the FO doesn't have faith in him anymore, what more is there in him playing his heart out? Is it the ethical thing to do? Sure. But c'mon. We're talking josh here.

Also, he mentioned that everytime josh came up and didnt look for the pass and instead just put up another jumpshots, you can see the other players roll their eyes. I think the chemistry is the issue here

The good Ol days : Click
quietsavant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 06:02 PM   #109
ShaggyDirk
Diamond Member

ShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond repute

preKiddJosh never returned...
ShaggyDirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 06:56 PM   #110
iella
Golden Member

iella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaggyDirk View Post
preKiddJosh never returned...
I think it's more appropriate to call him postHarrisJosh.
iella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 08:36 PM   #111
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
Diamond Member

MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant future

I bet you his sex life is dwindling too, confidence is everything.
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 09:16 PM   #112
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtownsfinest View Post
Exactly how many positions do you think are one a basketball team? Jkiddo, R.Allen, ??, Dirk, Damp...Is there another slasher we are going to get to replace marion?

I mean we really need someone who can play at the end of the game and make a difference that isn't hitting a 3 or a jumpshot but getting to the paint and either finishing or dishing. Right now RC is forced to play JJB because he's the only person on the team who does it.

That's why I still want iggy over r.allen. I want someone who will take jets spot because we need them at the end of games.
Old 02-02-2010, 09:45 PM   #113
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:
Something I found interesting about Art Garcia's interview yesterday before the Jazz game :

He mentioned that Josh may finally be at peace with the fact that his time in Dallas is over. He knows that the team won't pick him up next summer, he knows he probably will be traded, he knows the FO doesn't have faith in him anymore, what more is there in him playing his heart out? Is it the ethical thing to do? Sure. But c'mon. We're talking josh here.

Also, he mentioned that everytime josh came up and didnt look for the pass and instead just put up another jumpshots, you can see the other players roll their eyes. I think the chemistry is the issue here
Wow. Who was this interview with?

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 02-02-2010, 09:49 PM   #114
quietsavant

quietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud of

All this team needs is Joe Johnson. The more I see this guy play, first of all, I can't believe this guy came off the bench in Phoenix. We don't need a superstar in Lebron, wade, or bosh. though some will argue Joejohnson is a superstar, he is our missing piece, but how do we court him?

Old 02-02-2010, 09:50 PM   #115
quietsavant

Quote:
Wow. Who was this interview with?
The guys on gamenight. 103.3 KESN

Old 02-02-2010, 09:52 PM   #116
AO41
Platinum Member

AO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud of

WHAT ABOUT THIS IDEA???

I am hoping that Josh is not here after the trade deadline, but its obvious we are having trouble finding anyone to take him. If we cant pull off a trade for IGGY or Martin I would go to the Bulls ans ask a strait up trade for Hinrich...I know to some it wouldnt make sense, but it makes a lot more sense than having Josh.

This is assuming that we cant get a good SG....

Kidd/ Hinrich
Hinrich/ Jet/ Ross
Marion/TT/ Singleton
Dirk/ Gooden/ TT
Damp/ Gooden/ ??

...Kidd can guard the SG and Hinrich the PG when they are out there. I think Hinrich will give us another good shooter and passer out there. Again I know its not a perfect option, but IMO its better than Josh
Old 02-02-2010, 10:09 PM   #117
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
All this team needs is Joe Johnson. The more I see this guy play, first of all, I can't believe this guy came off the bench in Phoenix. We don't need a superstar in Lebron, wade, or bosh. though some will argue Joejohnson is a superstar, he is our missing piece, but how do we court him?
Joe Johnson is about as available as Kobe or Duncan. He's not leaving Atlanta anytime soon.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 10:19 PM   #118
quietsavant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thespiralgoeson View Post
Joe Johnson is about as available as Kobe or Duncan. He's not leaving Atlanta anytime soon.
Well everyone is available. At the right price, is the caveat .
Actually read about chicago wanting to make a push for him, in the summer.

EDIT: kobe himself was on the tray not too long ago

Last edited by quietsavant; 02-02-2010 at 10:20 PM.
Old 02-02-2010, 10:21 PM   #119
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Well everyone is available.
No, they're not. Joe Johnson is simply not available. Not for the right price. Not for any price. Atlanta is not letting him go for anything, let alone for anything we can give them.

Quote:
EDIT: kobe himself was on the tray not too long ago
That was because Kobe himself WANTED to be on the tray. He put himself there. You think the Lakers actually wanted to trade him?

Last edited by Thespiralgoeson; 02-02-2010 at 10:23 PM.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 10:25 PM   #120
quietsavant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thespiralgoeson View Post
No, they're not. Joe Johnson is simply not available. Not for the right price. Not for any price. Atlanta is not letting him go for anything, let alone for anything we can give them.

That was because Kobe himself WANTED to be on the tray. He put himself there. You think the Lakers actually wanted to trade him?
ok buddy.

Tags
has we make trade yet?, jacob:haywoodonlist, wanna touch my haywoody?, we like our team, what is a mavs777?