Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 01-07-2013, 11:42 PM   #81
j0Shi
Diamond Member

j0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrScottMcKenzie View Post
Why would anyone want any of our players? We've got no tradeable assets.
Marion is very movable in my eyes.
j0Shi is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-08-2013, 12:08 AM   #82
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by j0Shi View Post
Marion is very movable in my eyes.
Marion has a 9.3mill problem. That's going to lower his value a lot or at least limit the teams that will look at him.

Other than that we have

Cunningham - a potential guy that hasn't shown much
Crowder- a guy who may have shown us all he has
Carter- may actually have some value to a bad team with his good contract
SnT Mayo, Collison, Wright or Roddy
Expirings (Kaman, Mayo, Jonesx2, Brand, Wright)

Our own 1st rounder - top 20 protected
Rights to swap 2nd round picks with the Lakers in case they end up with a worse record (so realistically an 8 and 38 pick)

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 01-08-2013 at 12:10 AM.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 12:18 AM   #83
j0Shi
Diamond Member

j0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
Marion has a 9.3mill problem. That's going to lower his value a lot or at least limit the teams that will look at him.

Other than that we have

Cunningham - a potential guy that hasn't shown much
Crowder- a guy who may have shown us all he has
Carter- may actually have some value to a bad team with his good contract
SnT Mayo, Collison, Wright or Roddy
Expirings (Kaman, Mayo, Jonesx2, Brand, Wright)

Our own 1st rounder - top 20 protected
Rights to swap 2nd round picks with the Lakers in case they end up with a worse record (so realistically an 8 and 38 pick)
Marions contract is not favorable but certainly also not "bad". He could mean a lot to 'playoff-but-not-yet-contender'-teams, bc he can help in so many areas.
Carter is also a value-buy for playoff teams. Chicago comes to mind. They are always searching for a shooter off the bench it seems.
Old 01-08-2013, 12:19 AM   #84
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Marions contract is not favorable but certainly also not "bad". He could mean a lot to 'playoff-but-not-yet-contender'-teams, bc he can help in so many areas.
Carter is also a value-buy for playoff teams. Chicago comes to mind. They are always searching for a shooter off the bench it seems.
Which teams would qualify for that with Marion? And of those teams, what are they going to give up that would be appealing to the Mavs?
Old 01-08-2013, 12:42 AM   #85
j0Shi
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGMaverick9 View Post
Which teams would qualify for that with Marion? And of those teams, what are they going to give up that would be appealing to the Mavs?
To early to tell. Depends on which teams want to improve at the deadline. Would probably look East, no idea what teams can give, demands a closer look.

Another interesting question in that regard might be: Is Marion interested in being on a lottery team?
Old 01-08-2013, 12:46 AM   #86
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
On the one hand, I don't see any reason why Marion shouldn't be tradable. On the other hand, I can't see how the Mavs could expect to get anything more appealing than expiring contracts for him unless one of the contending hopefuls loses somebody to injury and is willing to sacrifice a few picks to retool for the short term. It just doesn't look to me like there'd be much of a market for him otherwise.
Old 01-08-2013, 12:51 AM   #87
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by grndmstr_c View Post
On the one hand, I don't see any reason why Marion shouldn't be tradable. On the other hand, I can't see how the Mavs could expect to get anything more appealing than expiring contracts for him unless one of the contending hopefuls loses somebody to injury and is willing to sacrifice a few picks to retool for the short term. It just doesn't look to me like there'd be much of a market for him otherwise.
It's not going to be just as a salary dump. They'll be looking to get some kind of asset(s) in return for Marion. As Rhylan has said, if you're looking to keep trying to get better with Dirk, trading Marion doesn't make a lot of sense.
Old 01-08-2013, 01:14 AM   #88
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
It's not going to be just as a salary dump. They'll be looking to get some kind of asset(s) in return for Marion. As Rhylan has said, if you're looking to keep trying to get better with Dirk, trading Marion doesn't make a lot of sense.
Don't disagree. Just giving my best read on the market, and unless I'm missing something it looks more depressed than a player of his stature deserves.
Old 01-08-2013, 01:18 AM   #89
BGMaverick9
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by grndmstr_c View Post
Don't disagree. Just giving my best read on the market, and unless I'm missing something it looks more depressed than a player of his stature deserves.
He's a savvy pickup, no doubt. I just don't really see a good mix, based on the unique impact, salary implications and necessary value to come back in return.

It's an option, but I don't think it's happening.
Old 01-08-2013, 10:41 AM   #90
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

I think Cubes had a decent thing going for a while-- offering expiring contracts for albatross es, but in the new CBA, there are serious consequences for going over the cap that not only hurt the pocketbook but the ability to get better. It's hard to be over the cap and it's hard to assemble a good team if you overspend on any given player by 1-2 mill. I'm not sure that trading expirings for albatross contracts is a viable option anymore, so we should be looking at other trade assets-- of which we have some young talent, a lottery pick and a second rounder (higher pick between Mavs and Lakers)
Old 01-08-2013, 11:31 AM   #91
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Cubes is on record saying that the Mavs are once again in a position to take on salary to land talent. Given the penalties for being over the new LT, I'm sure they will never be back to their previous levels, but they reset their salary situation to the point that they can take back some level of contracts now.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 07:12 PM   #92
Budapest Maverick
Platinum Member

Budapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant future

I think the FO should definitely wait for summer. There just isn't much out there at the moment. Hopefully we'll have a top 5 pick somehow, either losing enough games, or luck out in the lottery and go from there.

Last edited by Budapest Maverick; 01-08-2013 at 07:12 PM.
Budapest Maverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 07:51 PM   #93
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

rabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond repute

You could target Rudy Gay. Phoenix is supposedly in the mix with Jared Dudley and first rounders.

Not sure he is significantly better than Chandler though so he may not be worth it to the FO.

watch your thoughts, they become your words
rabbitproof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 08:49 PM   #94
oilfieldtrash
Golden Member

oilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by spreedom View Post
What I'd really like to see is a trade thread in the Trade Forum.

http://dallas-mavs.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=12
Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbitproof View Post
You could target Rudy Gay. Phoenix is supposedly in the mix with Jared Dudley and first rounders.

Not sure he is significantly better than Chandler though so he may not be worth it to the FO.
I'd rather have Chandler to be honest
oilfieldtrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 08:56 PM   #95
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Word is zebo is on the block too from the grizz if the right offer comes along.
Old 01-08-2013, 09:05 PM   #96
j0Shi
Diamond Member

Word is also that they want to shred salary AND improve. So they are basically waiting for a lopsided offer, won't happen in my eyes. If you're not the Lakers, it's one or the other.

No clue how Hollinger wants to lure team into it.

Last edited by j0Shi; 01-08-2013 at 09:08 PM.
Old 01-08-2013, 09:20 PM   #97
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

I know..... minny trades love to memphis..... just for the headline:

Gay Love swapped

As for the Mavs..... not sure they have anything to make a deal.
Bayliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 11:10 PM   #98
adonis
Golden Member

adonis is infamous around these parts

Rob Ryan available.
adonis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 11:24 PM   #99
The Ghost of Championship
Banned

The Ghost of Championship is infamous around these partsThe Ghost of Championship is infamous around these partsThe Ghost of Championship is infamous around these partsThe Ghost of Championship is infamous around these partsThe Ghost of Championship is infamous around these partsThe Ghost of Championship is infamous around these partsThe Ghost of Championship is infamous around these partsThe Ghost of Championship is infamous around these partsThe Ghost of Championship is infamous around these parts

If you want trade idea ingenuity then I must have some encouragement. I'm not adding top shelf input just to get abused by the usual forum killers.
The Ghost of Championship is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 08:23 PM   #100
Spurred1

Spurred1 is a name known to allSpurred1 is a name known to allSpurred1 is a name known to allSpurred1 is a name known to allSpurred1 is a name known to allSpurred1 is a name known to allSpurred1 is a name known to allSpurred1 is a name known to allSpurred1 is a name known to all

^I encourage you not to contribute.
Spurred1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 08:56 PM   #101
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Can we do a Gay-Love-Mayo deal?
Old 01-09-2013, 09:11 PM   #102
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

Throw in a booby and you have a deal!
Bayliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 09:28 PM   #103
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Gay-Love Mayo-Booby

And Brandon Jennings for a BJ.
Old 01-09-2013, 10:10 PM   #104
haCORErdMav

haCORErdMav has a spectacular aura abouthaCORErdMav has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
Gay-Love Mayo-Booby

And Brandon Jennings for a BJ.
Who's getting who in this trade?

Isn't Jennings going to be a free agent this summer? We could just buy a BJ if that's the case.

Last edited by haCORErdMav; 01-09-2013 at 10:12 PM.
haCORErdMav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 10:38 PM   #105
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

I want in on the deal, I'll throw in a Harden!

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 11:18 PM   #106
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Word is also that they want to shred salary AND improve. So they are basically waiting for a lopsided offer, won't happen in my eyes. If you're not the Lakers, it's one or the other.

No clue how Hollinger wants to lure team into it.

If we were talking about the last regime's Hawks, I'd say Atlanta would be a good trade partner... a trade centered around Horford for Randolph would make sense on some level for both teams (though I like Horford's two-way play more than Randolph's scoring/rebounding combination). I don't see the Hawks picking up tons of long-term salary these days.
spreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 11:20 PM   #107
ribosoma
Golden Member

ribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ghost of Championship View Post
If you want trade idea ingenuity then I must have some encouragement. I'm not adding top shelf input just to get abused by the usual forum killers.
The only problem is that that particular top shelf is currently occupied by anti-psychotic medication, a pair of your mother's panties, and possibly a few mummified rodents.
ribosoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 04:50 PM   #108
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

http://espn.go.com/dallas/nba/story/...nt-source-says

Dallas in talks with Greg Oden's agent, amongst other teams.

Not surprised at all. Cuban is always looking for a low risk, high reward player and refuses to lay down the big bucks.
Old 01-11-2013, 05:01 PM   #109
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

That should be a no brainer!

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 04:17 PM   #110
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

I hope that whatever moves may be made are with an eye toward the next few seasons.
No panic moves to make a playoff push. If absolutely Everything goes just right then maybe, maybe the Mavs could squeak into the playoffs as the 8 seed and face OKC or Clippers. But thats an extreme longshot.

They're better off with a top 10 pick and maintaining flexibility. Stockpile whatever assets you can. Only trade for value i.e. Gortat, Cousins types on reasonable contracts.
No Rudy Gays with albatross contracts.

By All Means play the young guys. Collison and Roddy are the pg's. This team needs to identify which of them(if either)is a keeper. It may also enhance their trade value. Mike James shouldn't see the floor unless an injury occurs.. Start giving Bernard James and Brandon Wright some of Kaman's minutes. Continue to play Crowder 15-20. Work Cunningham in where appropriate. Let them play through their mistakes!!!
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 06:10 AM   #111
Melonhead
Guru

That doesn't mean the Mavericks won't be active before the Feb. 21 trading deadline. Cuban said there was a "100 percent chance we're going to try to look to do something."

Hmm...
Old 01-13-2013, 12:11 PM   #112
oilfieldtrash
Golden Member

oilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of light

Marion and our draft pick for Gortat? Contracts pretty similar and run for one more year. Would be a great fit next to Dirk and only 28.
oilfieldtrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 01:20 PM   #113
markus1234
Platinum Member

markus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to behold

Yes, i think they want to move Marion. That's why Rick keeps playing Crowder.
markus1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 01:25 PM   #114
Kante
Diamond Member

Kante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by markus1234 View Post
Yes, i think they want to move Marion. That's why Rick keeps playing Crowder.
God, your posts...
Kante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 03:42 PM   #115
adonis
Golden Member

adonis is infamous around these parts

Monica Nunez ‏@Sez_Nez
Oh oh. "BREAKING MAVS VIDEO NEWS: The @dallasmavs and @swish41 have an announcement to make between NFL playoff games this afternoon. #THF"

????
adonis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 04:21 PM   #116
Kante
Diamond Member

Kante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond repute

What you think will happen...? Calm down!

Other news:

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap...Wont_Be_Traded

Quote:
Dirk Nowitzki has been assured by Mark Cuban that he will not be traded by the Dallas Mavericks.

Nowitzki owns a no-trade clause that gives him the right to veto any proposed trade.

"I told Dirk we're not going to trade him. He was happy. I think," Cuban said, laughing. "I wanted to make it clear to him. I said, 'We're in this through thick and thin,' and so there's no way I would trade him, no matter what."

Nowitzki has expressed frustration of the Mavericks' inability to acquire a superstar in the offseason in a strategy that led the team to let Tyson Chandler join the Knicks last season.

"When Dirk has something on this mind, he's never shy," Cuban said. "If he's going to tell you what he said in the media, you don't think he's going to dump on me? I mean, I've got texts from every single year and emails from every single year. Dirk wants to get it out of his system and then at the end of the email or text it's like, `Don't you worry. I'm a warrior and I'm going to lead these guys and we're going to get it rolling."

Last edited by Kante; 01-13-2013 at 04:21 PM.
Kante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 04:35 PM   #117
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by adonis View Post
Monica Nunez ‏@Sez_Nez
Oh oh. "BREAKING MAVS VIDEO NEWS: The @dallasmavs and @swish41 have an announcement to make between NFL playoff games this afternoon. #THF"

????
Dirk bobblehead going into space? Yippy.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 04:46 PM   #118
j0Shi
Diamond Member

Looking at Gortat's play in Phoenix I'm not too sure a trade with Kaman would be an upgrade. He is a good P&R player, but our guards are not. He also reportedly has attitude issues and bitches about his touches and don't expect miracles from him on the defensive end. Only real lock for me is an upgrade on the boards.
Old 01-13-2013, 05:45 PM   #119
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilfieldtrash View Post
Marion and our draft pick for Gortat? Contracts pretty similar and run for one more year. Would be a great fit next to Dirk and only 28.
Like Gortat and his contract but thats alot to give up. Marion is still a really good player. Even with his contract. He's worth more to us than a team like the Suns.

Also that pick would have to be top 3 protected. One unforeseen injury or a favourable ping-pong bounce(unless you think its rigged in advance ) and you miss out on a possibly great young player like Alex Len
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 06:08 PM   #120
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

Two reasons I can think of why Phoenix would trade Gortat: 1) to dump a bad contract like Beasley's, or 2) to take a gamble on a you talented head-case like Cousins. Either way, I don't see Dallas fitting as a trade partner in a two-team deal.

Tags
big head small weiner, oilfields need tampons, oilfieldtrash = trash, oilthreadtrash, the master sucks the cock, trade and draft board, trade for new fan base, trade owners