Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 07-03-2016, 06:40 PM   #41
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoYouEvenLift View Post
Interesting, so they value Harrison Barnes more than Parsos I guess.
You cant teach health
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-03-2016, 06:46 PM   #42
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
Apparently there was never going to be a max offer, the Mavs valued him in the 16-18 range.
This is most concerning aspect of the current FO thinking. I don't think it's that they won't give out long term contracts...they just won't give out long term contracts to players who they don't view as worth it. It's actually very pompous and leaves you with nothing when you grossly misread the market.

DevinHarriswillstart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2016, 07:37 PM   #43
yahyes
Banned

yahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud of

I'm really starting to think Durant is going to the warriors.
yahyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2016, 07:46 PM   #44
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by yahyes View Post
I'm really starting to think Durant is going to the warriors.
@espn_macmahon: Kevin Durant will wait until tomorrow to decide whether Harrison Barnes will be highest-paid player in Mavs history.

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2016, 08:01 PM   #45
yahyes
Banned

yahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud of

Quote:
@espn_macmahon: Kevin Durant will wait until tomorrow to decide whether Harrison Barnes will be highest-paid player in Mavs history.
Yeah and it's down between the warriors or thunder. So the thunder missed out on Horford. Traded away Ibaka thinking they'll get Horford. Now down to Kanter starting at PF? It's looking like Durant is serious about going to golden state for sure. Unless thunder make some crazy trade for Griffin or something..
Old 07-03-2016, 08:25 PM   #46
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Bryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
West spoke to Durant from the perspective of an all-time great player who kept falling short of winning an NBA championship. Although West won a title with the Los Angeles Lakers in 1972, he lost in his first seven trips to the NBA Finals and finished 1-8 in the Finals overall. West, 78, told Durant those losses still eat at him to this day, according to sources.

West also told Durant that playing alongside the Warriors' star trio of Stephen Curry, Klay Thompson and Draymond Green would make it much easier on him. West opined that in Oklahoma City, most of Durant's shot attempts are difficult and contested. He told Durant, a career 27.4 point scorer, that his points would come much easier in Golden State and suggested it would take fewer shots to score the same amount of points.

Finally, West pointed out to Durant how he believes his overall game is overlooked in Oklahoma City. Although Durant is known as one of the greatest scorers of all time, he does not receive much credit for his rebounding -- he led the Thunder with 8.2 boards per game last season -- or defense.

West said that if Durant goes to a team with other great scorers and wins championships, the other parts of his game will receive recognition, and he'll be known as a great all-around player rather than just a great scorer.
I mean I'm sold, it's not some cool animation, but the Logo is no joke.

--Edit--
https://twitter.com/warriorsworld/st...062528/photo/1

Last edited by Bryan_Wilson; 07-03-2016 at 08:25 PM.
Bryan_Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2016, 08:32 PM   #47
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan_Wilson View Post
I mean I'm sold, it's not some cool animation, but the Logo is no joke.

--Edit--
https://twitter.com/warriorsworld/st...062528/photo/1

I have no idea who put this together, but I always felt like Cuban hoisting the Larry O'Brien was a complete misstep and worked against Howard's ego... Dwight wanted that glory for himself, not his employer.

Last edited by Underdog; 07-03-2016 at 08:36 PM.
Old 07-03-2016, 09:08 PM   #48
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

I have no idea who put this together, but I always felt like Cuban hoisting the Larry O'Brien was a complete misstep and worked against Howard's ego... Dwight wanted that glory for himself, not his employer.
Pretty sure Cubes, being the most hands on owner in the NBA, had his fingerprints all over the final cut of his little cartoon.
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2016, 10:07 PM   #49
rimrocker
Diamond Member

rimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond repute

I'm wondering if the FO thinks Parsons has reached his ceiling and isn't willing to give a max deal to a player that has very little upside. Not saying I agree but maybe they saw enough of him in Carlisle's system to see he reached his peak.

Maybe they see Barnes in the same manner they viewed Parsons when they signed him. Remember everyone thought they gave him a ridiculous contract at the time.

IDK....just trying to understand the reasoning behind the decision.

Last edited by rimrocker; 07-03-2016 at 10:09 PM.
rimrocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2016, 10:20 PM   #50
purplefrog
Platinum Member

purplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Yeah and it's down between the warriors or thunder. So the thunder missed out on Horford. Traded away Ibaka thinking they'll get Horford. Now down to Kanter starting at PF? It's looking like Durant is serious about going to golden state for sure. Unless thunder make some crazy trade for Griffin or something..
I'm still seeing reports that the Celtics and Heat are in contention.

Last edited by purplefrog; 07-03-2016 at 10:20 PM.
purplefrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2016, 11:15 PM   #51
DoYouEvenLift

DoYouEvenLift is just really niceDoYouEvenLift is just really niceDoYouEvenLift is just really niceDoYouEvenLift is just really niceDoYouEvenLift is just really niceDoYouEvenLift is just really niceDoYouEvenLift is just really nice

Warriors according to this twitter account are close to signing Jamal Crawford, are they out? (if it can be trusted, seems legit though)

https://twitter.com/nbadraftblog

Last edited by DoYouEvenLift; 07-03-2016 at 11:17 PM.
DoYouEvenLift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2016, 11:18 PM   #52
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Warriors according to this twitter account are close to signing Jamal Crawford, are they out? (if it can be trusted, seems legit though)

https://twitter.com/nbadraftblog
Crawford already agreed to return to the Clippers.
BPo001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2016, 11:20 PM   #53
dongtouch

dongtouch is a jewel in the roughdongtouch is a jewel in the roughdongtouch is a jewel in the roughdongtouch is a jewel in the rough

I too am on the same boat as those who believe Barnes is equal, if not a little less than, what Parsons in terms of skills and value to his team.
I can only think of 2 reasons they are going after Barnes instead of keeping Parsons at the same price:
1) As everyone has said, Parsons' knee issues. They may view Barnes as having more potential as he's younger, and even though he's coming off a poor finals performance, he's still capable of improving, a la James Harden after his no-show in 2012 Finals.
2) This I think is more likely. The Mavs let Parsons go thinking they can get either Whiteside or Conley. When this fails, and the FA market dries up, they want to avoid the embarrassment of being empty handed and go after Barnes, despite saying they don't overpay for mediocrity.

Barnes to me is more like Jeff Green than James Harden. He doesn't have the personality nor the skillset to be a franchise player. I'd still be happy to have him but don't expect major contribution. I would like Dirk to retire as a Mav so if it means putting up a few more years as a mediocre team and delaying the rebuilding process, I think it's worth it. As a Dirk fan, I don't want to see him like Patrick Ewing in Seattle, Olajuwon in Toronto or even Paul Piece in LAC.

I'm happy with DWill and Powell back at bargain price in today's FA market. I'm also hoping for Tyson Chandler to be able to come back and make another run at the playoffs. Assuming Durant goes to GSW and Barnes comes, that means OKC is taking a major step back. Houston is also taking a step back without DHoward. Everyone else is improving, including Utah and NOP. It's not out of the question that next season will be all bad if somehow Mavs get a lineup of DWill/Wes/Barnes/Dirk/Chandler with JA off the bench. Hopefully Bledsoe too but who knows.
dongtouch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2016, 11:20 PM   #54
DoYouEvenLift

DoYouEvenLift is just really niceDoYouEvenLift is just really niceDoYouEvenLift is just really niceDoYouEvenLift is just really niceDoYouEvenLift is just really niceDoYouEvenLift is just really niceDoYouEvenLift is just really nice

Nevermind, accidently posted an old (24 hours ago) rumor.

Last edited by DoYouEvenLift; 07-03-2016 at 11:25 PM.
Old 07-03-2016, 11:22 PM   #55
Underdog

Quote:
Premature

Dan Woike ✔ @DanWoikeSports
Jamal Crawford hasn't agreed to a deal with the Golden State Warriors but there is mutual interest, per a source.
10:49 PM - 2 Jul 2016 · The Crossings, FL, United States
221 221 Retweets 228 228 likes
That's yesterday's rumors... Today:

@ShamsCharania: Jamal Crawford has agreed to a three-year, $42M deal to return to the Clippers, league sources tell The Vertical.

Last edited by Underdog; 07-03-2016 at 11:24 PM.
Old 07-04-2016, 01:38 AM   #56
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Quote:
Me too actually. Even in games where Parsons played well and we lost. RC would for some odd reason call him out to the media and point to his +- number. I can't recall RC doing that with really anyone else and it was not an isolated incident.

Then again I also think Tmac had a thing for Parsons as it seemed almost every question he had was about Parsons and RC probably was a little sick of the man crush. Idk.
I never understood that and that's initlally when I started to suspect that him coming back to the Mavs wasn't a forgone conclusion. Carlisle would never call anyone else out for bad games but with Parsons he made sure to do it even when eh played well.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2016, 03:40 AM   #57
yahyes
Banned

Now Richard Jefferson is predicting Durant is going to golden state.
Old 07-04-2016, 04:00 AM   #58
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Now Richard Jefferson is predicting Durant is going to golden state.
Post sources. Sheesh.

Old 07-04-2016, 10:41 AM   #59
GermanStandard

GermanStandard is a splendid one to beholdGermanStandard is a splendid one to beholdGermanStandard is a splendid one to beholdGermanStandard is a splendid one to beholdGermanStandard is a splendid one to beholdGermanStandard is a splendid one to beholdGermanStandard is a splendid one to beholdGermanStandard is a splendid one to beholdGermanStandard is a splendid one to beholdGermanStandard is a splendid one to beholdGermanStandard is a splendid one to behold

Durant to GSW is official.

That makes Barnes at least available.

-------------------------------------------------

Baller from the G'
GermanStandard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2016, 10:44 AM   #60
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Hello Mr. Barnes

I like it. it doesnt matter if we pay him 16 or 22m. At least some young players with upside longterm under contract
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2016, 10:55 AM   #61
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to Dallas. Basically fielding the exact same squad as last year, but I think Barnes fits better. We're not going to be great, but we'll be decent.

Anyone want to do an over/under on OKC wins?
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2016, 10:55 AM   #62
hayth.james.g
Golden Member

hayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant future

Is there anything to stop another team from poaching Barnes away now? Realistically he DOES have other suitors at this point. What's to stop him from choosing another team? Has he at any point indicated he WISHES to be a Mav?
hayth.james.g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2016, 10:56 AM   #63
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayth.james.g View Post
Is there anything to stop another team from poaching Barnes away now?
Absolutely nothing... I don't know why everybody thinks Barnes to Dallas is a forgone conclusion -- he said has to say yes.

Old 07-04-2016, 10:56 AM   #64
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayth.james.g View Post
Is there anything to stop another team from poaching Barnes away now? Realistically he DOES have other suitors at this point. What's to stop him from choosing another team? Has he at any point indicated he WISHES to be a Mav?
Barnes only signs one contract and by signing it means he's okay playing for us.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2016, 11:01 AM   #65
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
Barnes only signs one contract and by signing it means he's okay playing for us.
But he hasn't signed anything yet... Hell, I fully expect OKC to go hard after him now.

Old 07-04-2016, 11:06 AM   #66
hayth.james.g
Golden Member

hayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant future

Quote:
But he hasn't signed anything yet... Hell, I fully expect OKC to go hard after him now.
This. Look I'm not trying to be Mr. Negative....... But I fully expect Barnes to get other offers now, and based on what I have seen so far these last 5 seasons, I fully expect him to sign elsewhere.

Last edited by hayth.james.g; 07-04-2016 at 11:06 AM.
Old 07-04-2016, 11:13 AM   #67
AO41
Platinum Member

AO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud of

First thing I though was ...OKC will go fater Barnes ahrd and he would actually be a very good fit there while letting RW do his thing

RW
Oladipo
Barnes
Kanter
Adamas

looks pretty good
Old 07-04-2016, 11:15 AM   #68
DoYouEvenLift

Let's get real for a second does it really make a huge difference if we don't land Harrison Barnes? We've missed out on some great players over the last 5 years but Harrison Barnes? Does he move us from contender to non-contender? No he doesn't. So I'm not going to have any emotions if some other team swoops him up. Sure he has some potential but right now with what he's shown I say he's a huge negative at 24 million per year.

16% from 3 in the Finals with wide open looks.

Last edited by DoYouEvenLift; 07-04-2016 at 11:16 AM.
Old 07-04-2016, 11:16 AM   #69
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by AO41 View Post
First thing I though was ...OKC will go fater Barnes ahrd and he would actually be a very good fit there while letting RW do his thing

RW
Oladipo
Barnes
Kanter
Adamas

looks pretty good
Would love watching RW go into his "jerk mode" and berate players on the court. Durant isnt around anymore
Old 07-04-2016, 11:18 AM   #70
hayth.james.g
Golden Member

Quote:
Let's get real for a second does it really make a huge difference if we don't land Harrison Barnes? We've missed out on some great players over the last 5 years but Harrison Barnes? Does he move us from contender to non-contender? No he doesn't. So I'm not going to have any emotions if some other team swoops him up. Sure he has some potential but right now with what he's shown I say he's a huge negative at 24 million per year.

16% from 3 in the Finals with wide open looks.
You are right. I shouldn't get emotional about this. But I am. Why? I blame MBT.
Old 07-04-2016, 11:18 AM   #71
hayth.james.g
Golden Member

Also I have to post again just to get out of the 666 post column. Thanks for understanding.
Old 07-04-2016, 11:21 AM   #72
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Quote:
Absolutely nothing... I don't know why everybody thinks Barnes to Dallas is a forgone conclusion -- he said has to say yes.
Stein at least made it seem like he was open to accepting, but who knows. Nothing will shock me this offseason.

Old 07-04-2016, 11:23 AM   #73
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Bryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond repute

Until I see Harrison Barnes standing next to Cuban at the podium holding his Mavs jersey saying he's happy to be here, I'm just gonna assume that the Sixers, OKC, Boston, China, or even space aliens will sign him from under us.
Bryan_Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2016, 11:37 AM   #74
Underdog

Quote:
Until I see Harrison Barnes standing next to Cuban at the podium holding his Mavs jersey saying he's happy to be here, I'm just gonna assume that the Sixers, OKC, Boston, China, or even space aliens will sign him from under us.
This.

Old 07-04-2016, 11:39 AM   #75
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

See a couple folks on twitter saying if you absorb Bogut you better be getting a 1st rd pick out of that. Ambitious. Fun to dream I guess.
Old 07-04-2016, 11:39 AM   #76
purplefrog
Platinum Member

purplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond repute

I assumed that since the Mavs announced they were going to present Barnes with an offer sheet, that they had at least a verbal commitment he would sign it. If he does not sign the sheet, then would this not be like Deandre Jordan all over again? If the Mavs had no verbal commitment then their front office is more incompetent than I thought possible.
Old 07-04-2016, 11:43 AM   #77
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplefrog View Post
I assumed that since the Mavs announced they were going to present Barnes with an offer sheet, that they had at least a verbal commitment he would sign it. If he does not sign the sheet, then would this not be like Deandre Jordan all over again? If the Mavs had no verbal commitment then their front office is more incompetent than I thought possible.
Where was it reported that Barnes was verbally committed to signing the offer sheet? This isn't like DAJ at all until I see that. Maybe I missed it though.

Old 07-04-2016, 11:44 AM   #78
yahyes
Banned

Barnes said he agreed to us already. Now we could go after Festu Ezeli or Bogut depending on if Golden state renounces them. I think Wade is really in play now coming to Dallas. I'd have him be our 6th man. If not him, then Terry would be good.
Old 07-04-2016, 11:45 AM   #79
Skywalker
Diamond Member

Skywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Barnes said he agreed to us already. Now we could go after Festu Ezeli or Bogut depending on if Golden state renounces them. I think Wade is really in play now coming to Dallas. I'd have him be our 6th man. If not him, then Terry would be good.
Where/when did he say that?

Quote:
Dirk Nowitzki is a monster of epic and unattainable proportion. Seriously, he must be stopped.
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2016, 11:46 AM   #80
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Quote:
Post a source please. Why is this so hard for people to do these days?