Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 07-13-2009, 04:39 PM   #1121
spursfan1

spursfan1 is infamous around these partsspursfan1 is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FINtastic View Post
So I can claim whatever I want about a player and as long as I use the qualifier "potential", it's okay?

Oh, and I don't see any way in hell Jefferson will average 20 points on a healthy Spurs team where he is likely the fourth option.
Jesus, reading comprehension much?

I'm not claiming something outrageous. If you honestly don't think Blair won't eventually average 10 plus rebounds a game, well, you're delusional. The 15 points a game looking back is probably a bit high but this guy will be a double double machine for the Spurs.

As for Jefferson, I said he's a 20 and 5 guy because he averaged that last season. Did I say he's averaging that this season? No. What I'm saying is he's capable of averaging that. On a night when Tony is off or Manu is off, Jefferson can step up.
spursfan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-13-2009, 04:39 PM   #1122
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY

Last edited by SMC0007; 07-13-2009 at 04:40 PM.
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 04:40 PM   #1123
spursfan1

spursfan1 is infamous around these partsspursfan1 is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavs777 View Post
edit: and if Blair really does get 20 mpg this year, Spurs are in a lot of trouble
Um, why? Seriously. Are we even talking about the same Dejuan Blair?
Old 07-13-2009, 04:41 PM   #1124
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by spursfan1 View Post

I'm not claiming something outrageous. If you honestly don't think Blair won't eventually average 10 plus rebounds a game, well, you're delusional. The 15 points a game looking back is probably a bit high but this guy will be a double double machine for the Spurs.

As for Jefferson, I said he's a 20 and 5 guy because he averaged that last season. Did I say he's averaging that this season? No. What I'm saying is he's capable of averaging that. On a night when Tony is off or Manu is off, Jefferson can step up.

You are the schmartiss guy to come in here for another teams bored for a long time.

Old 07-13-2009, 04:41 PM   #1125
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

You've seen one self-entitled Spurs fan, you've seen em all.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 04:41 PM   #1126
spursfan1

Yes, I'm a troll. Because I have a Pro-Spurs message on a Mavs board. But whatever.
Old 07-13-2009, 04:42 PM   #1127
clutch#41
Golden Member

clutch#41 is a jewel in the roughclutch#41 is a jewel in the roughclutch#41 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Um, why? Seriously. Are we even talking about the same Dejuan Blair?
theres a reason why he slipped into the second round!!!!
i can barely see him getting 10mpg or less!!!
clutch#41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 04:43 PM   #1128
spursfan1

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoddyB#3 View Post
For a Spurs fan you sure don't have a good memory. True fans for both teams know that rosters make no difference when we play each other. Last season was a good example of that. We split the series in the regular season each winning on the others home court. We had it easy in the playoff series, but we all know that Ginobli would have made that series much different. If he had played it would have probably come down to game 6 or 7. Even without Ginobli the Spurs still fought as hard as they could. The rivalry our two teams have is to big for rosters to make a difference. Every one steps up when we play.

Our two teams have both gotten better. You better believe that we are in for some down to the wire games between the two of us. To think otherwise like your team has some huge advantage is a stretch. I would not be surprised if we split the series again. I hope we meet you in the playoffs to put your theory to the test.
I can agree to this. Let's have some fun in the playoffs!

Last edited by spursfan1; 07-13-2009 at 04:45 PM.
Old 07-13-2009, 04:43 PM   #1129
SMC0007
Guru

Quote:
Not here trying to be a troll but...

LOL at you think the Mavs are better than the Spurs.

Sorry. They're not. Adding Marion barely improves the Mavs if he improves them at all.

Spurs add Jefferson, Dice and Blair and lose Bowen, Oberto and Thomas.

Jefferson a 20 and 5 guy, Dice a 10 and 10 guy and Blair a potential 15 and 10 guy.

Not to mention a finally healthy Manu after two seasons.

1. Lakers/Spurs (Without Odom it's the Spurs, with Odom it's a toss.)

The rest

Old 07-13-2009, 04:44 PM   #1130
spursfan1

Quote:
Originally Posted by clutch#41 View Post
theres a reason why he slipped into the second round!!!!
i can barely see him getting 10mpg or less!!!
His knees! Teams were too scared to draft him because of his red flagged knees. The same knee condition that Heinz Ward has.

He played 22 minutes yesterday in summer league. Got 13 points and 10 rebounds.

Our GM has said he'll play 20 minutes a game out the gate.
Old 07-13-2009, 04:45 PM   #1131
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Not here trying to be a troll but...

LOL at you think the Mavs are better than the Spurs.t
buzz off tool. The spurs are absolutely done. Timmah couldn't even outplay damp in that series.
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 04:46 PM   #1132
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Exactly how many minutes do you think he's going to average with the Spurs?

Why are you throwing out these numbers if they have no relevance at all to your team?

Hey Shawn Marion is a 20 ppg, 10 rpg, 1+ bpg, 1+ spg guy then. Nevermind that he won't hit those numbers with the Mavericks....

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
FINtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 04:48 PM   #1133
yungant
Banned

yungant can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by grndmstr_c View Post
I'll be interested to see the reports that come out about whether the Mavs are merely disappointed by this, or are in fact angry about it. Because that's what'll tell us whether the Magic reneged on a handshake deal here. If they did, I will be wishing season-ending injuries on some of their players.
Also, just so everyone's prepared, it may be a little while before we see how the team responds in terms of player acquisitions. The odds on the Mavs using Buckner's contract in a trade just went up, but it'll be a while before he can be packaged with other players.
With all do respect......

Wishing injury on anyone is soooo not cool man. In other boards you get booted for that.
yungant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 04:48 PM   #1134
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
The same knee condition that Heinz Ward has.
Is that supposed to be some player or a ketchup bottle?

Quote:
So he didn't even hit your projections in... summer league?

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson

Last edited by FINtastic; 07-13-2009 at 04:49 PM.
Old 07-13-2009, 04:48 PM   #1135
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future

Quote:

actually that is you, expecting a 6-6 guy over weight to average 10 rebounds a game
mavs777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 04:49 PM   #1136
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
What about potential don't you understand. I never said he's going to average that next season, I said he's a potential 15/10 guy. He's a beast. His knees are perfectly fine and I'm so happy all the other teams were too scared to draft him.

He's going to get 20 minutes a game out the gate so his impact should be felt early.

He's a double double machine waiting to happen this season playing behind and with Duncan.
He's going to battle weight problems and he'll always be a defensive liability because he's so short.
Old 07-13-2009, 04:50 PM   #1137
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
Diamond Member

MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by yungant View Post

Wishing injury on anyone is soooo not cool man. In other boards you get booted for that.
Well I hope Otis Smith rots in hell.

What do I get for that?
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 04:50 PM   #1138
spursfan1

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394 View Post
buzz off tool. The spurs are absolutely done. Timmah couldn't even outplay damp in that series.
The Spurs are done?

So Timmah? averages 20 and 8 and he didn't outplay Damp?

See, this is what I mean when I say you guys need to take off your glasses.
Old 07-13-2009, 04:51 PM   #1139
badfish22
Golden Member

badfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant future

Quote:
His knees! Teams were too scared to draft him because of his red flagged knees. The same knee condition that Heinz Ward has.

Our GM has said he'll play 20 minutes a game out the gate.
Well our draft pick had 34 points, 8 assist and only 2 TO.
I guess we should play him 20 minutes too.

BEAT LA
badfish22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 04:51 PM   #1140
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
ALERT THE PRESSES!

Old 07-13-2009, 04:51 PM   #1141
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future

so guys Beaubois is gonna be a 34-8-5 guy because he did it in summer league
Old 07-13-2009, 04:52 PM   #1142
spursfan1

Quote:
actually that is you, expecting a 6-6 guy over weight to average 10 rebounds a game
Yeah, how can I expect a 6'7 270 pound PF who is widely considered the best college rebounder in the last 10 years with a rebound PER of 18.2 to even get 5 rebounds let alone 10.
Old 07-13-2009, 04:53 PM   #1143
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by yungant View Post

Blow me.
Old 07-13-2009, 04:53 PM   #1144
spursfan1

Quote:
so guys Beaubois is gonna be a 34-8-5 guy because he did it in summer league
Yeah, that's how I intended it.
Old 07-13-2009, 04:55 PM   #1145
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Yeah, how can I expect a 6'7 270 pound PF who is widely considered the best college rebounder in the last 10 years with a rebound PER of 18.2 to even get 5 rebounds let alone 10.
6'7 my ass, he's 6'5 1/4 in socks. I know, it doesn't matter because he has arms like Freddy Kruger.
Old 07-13-2009, 04:55 PM   #1146
Mavsfan4ever
Golden Member

Mavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to behold

I just got up from my nap to the terrible news. Are there any other centers we should look at? Also this was a bone head move by Otis to tie up our MLE this long.
Old 07-13-2009, 04:56 PM   #1147
RoddyB#3

RoddyB#3 is just really niceRoddyB#3 is just really niceRoddyB#3 is just really niceRoddyB#3 is just really niceRoddyB#3 is just really niceRoddyB#3 is just really nice

Quote:
The Spurs are done?

So Timmah? averages 20 and 8 and he didn't outplay Damp?

See, this is what I mean when I say you guys need to take off your glasses.

Even though I hate the Spurs. It's more of a hate out of respect. They are good and I know the Mavs cannot slip up even a little bit with those guys.

Stars are always going to get theirs. He averaged 20 and 8 on bad knees. Duncan is a good guy and I have a lot of respect for him. I will absolutely hate his guts when we play though
RoddyB#3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 04:56 PM   #1148
Rick41
Diamond Member

Rick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Yeah, that worked out well for Greg Oden also.

"Dirk Nowitzki is now a household name in every locker room in this world.
You say it in Brazil, you say Dirk, they know Nowitzki. You say it in China,
they know Nowitzki. Kobe, Michael, DIRK." - Jeff Van Gundy
Rick41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 04:56 PM   #1149
mavs777
Diamond Member

why isn't J.J Reddick then a great shooter in nba ??????????????????????????
Old 07-13-2009, 04:57 PM   #1150
LonghornDub

Quote:
Good point.

In other news, J.J. Redick, often considered the best (or one of the best) college shooters of all time, continues to average 20+ points and 5+ three-pointers per game in the NBA.

Old 07-13-2009, 04:57 PM   #1151
badfish22
Golden Member

badfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant future

Quote:
to even get 5 rebounds let alone 10.
what?

No one said he wasn't gonna get 5 boards? Any way I think Blair will be a good rebounder in his career, and if his knees hold up he could average 10. But he will NEVER average 15 points a game.

BEAT LA
badfish22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 04:57 PM   #1152
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
Diamond Member

MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant future

Adam Morrison made First team all nba last year, didn't he? I didn't even have to look, I just know he was a bad ass in college.
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 04:58 PM   #1153
Justin Credible

Justin Credible is a name known to allJustin Credible is a name known to allJustin Credible is a name known to allJustin Credible is a name known to allJustin Credible is a name known to allJustin Credible is a name known to allJustin Credible is a name known to allJustin Credible is a name known to allJustin Credible is a name known to allJustin Credible is a name known to all

What the hell is with the arguing? I mean honestly.. He's a spurs fan, he's gonna root for his team. We're mavs fans, we're gonna root for our team. Both teams had completely different goals this offseason and both teams almost achieved those goals (No Gortat is rough...). Both teams have, nonetheless, improved and are going to be great to watch next season.

I think the Amateur GM thing has a little bit more to discuss other than arguing with a fan of another team over intangibles like potential production and playing time of a rookie on a different team..
Justin Credible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 04:58 PM   #1154
spursfan1

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirno2000 View Post
6'7 my ass, he's 6'5 1/4 in socks. I know, it doesn't matter because he has arms like Freddy Kruger.
Considering NBA players don't play in socks, I don't see why that's the standard we should use to claim.

He's 6'7 in shoes. He plays in shoes. So it's safe to say he's 6'7.
Old 07-13-2009, 04:58 PM   #1155
FINtastic
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornDub View Post
Good point.

In other news, J.J. Redick, often considered the best (or one of the best) college shooters of all time, continues to average 20+ points and 5+ three-pointers per game in the NBA.
Yeah but J.J. Redick never got 13 and 10 in a summer league game once.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
Old 07-13-2009, 05:00 PM   #1156
spursfan1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin Credible View Post
What the hell is with the arguing? I mean honestly.. He's a spurs fan, he's gonna root for his team. We're mavs fans, we're gonna root for our team. Both teams had completely different goals this offseason and both teams almost achieved those goals (No Gortat is rough...). Both teams have, nonetheless, improved and are going to be great to watch next season.

I think the Amateur GM thing has a little bit more to discuss other than arguing with a fan of another team over intangibles like potential production and playing time of a rookie on a different team..
I agree. I'm happy to see you can come up with a response that isn't sarcastic, nonsensical, not longer than three words with one of those words either being suck, lame, blow, troll, etc.
Old 07-13-2009, 05:00 PM   #1157
yungant
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by grndmstr_c View Post
Blow me.

Its ok sunshine it'll be alright.
Old 07-13-2009, 05:00 PM   #1158
Rick41
Diamond Member

Rick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
SCOREBOARD... Until you beat us in the playoffs!
I got the scoreboard!

"Dirk Nowitzki is now a household name in every locker room in this world.
You say it in Brazil, you say Dirk, they know Nowitzki. You say it in China,
they know Nowitzki. Kobe, Michael, DIRK." - Jeff Van Gundy
Rick41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 05:01 PM   #1159
mavs777
Diamond Member

Quote:
I agree. I'm happy to see you can come up with a response that isn't sarcastic, nonsensical, not longer than three words with one of those words either being suck, lame, blow, troll, etc.
but you are trolling
Old 07-13-2009, 05:01 PM   #1160
yungant
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs View Post
Well I hope Otis Smith rots in hell.

What do I get for that?
That's fine, there is nothing wrong with that.

Tags
classic threads, epic fail, f otis, hammered, he's polish, no gortat no chance, offseason trolls!, orlandomatchesoffer, otis loves polish sausage, otis you son of a..., that's racist!, the return of windmill, trade black, we win super balls now?