Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Old 02-14-2005, 01:58 PM   #1
V
Golden Member

V has a spectacular aura aboutV has a spectacular aura about
Default boozer

Chad Ford speculates today about Boozer.... Ute wants a PG. Ford suggests Hendu & Harris might work.

Interested?

"If there's no more questions, I've got a beer that needs consuming."
-- Don Nelson
V is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-14-2005, 02:01 PM   #2
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: boozer

Maybe Washington wants Harris back. We could put together a deal for Jamison.

I mean, more than one starting power forward can only mean good things, right?
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2005, 02:11 PM   #3
V
Golden Member

Default RE:boozer

Utah Jazz: Late last week, responding to a report in Insider, GM Kevin O'Connor emphatically denied to Salt Lake beat writers that the team was interested in trading Carlos Boozer.

What we wrote on Friday still stands. We said that the Jazz are not shopping Boozer and aren't holding a fire sale, but if the right deal comes along (preferably a top-flight point guard) they'd consider.

O'Connor said as much on Friday.

"Is anybody un-tradable?" O'Connor said. "No. But we're not looking to trade Carlos. Don't want to trade him. Want him to be here for the six years of his contract.

"I'm not going to say we'd never trade a player, because you always listen to options you can come up with. But we have no interest in trading Carlos Boozer."

Several teams have made inquiries, but to our knowledge, there are no serious trade proposals on the table.

But what might a trade that works for Boozer look like? If the Mavs were willing to offer something like rookie Devin Harris and the expiring contract of Alan Henderson for Boozer -- that would be the type of deal the Jazz might consider.

Dallas Mavericks: Speaking of the Mavs, the team is talking like there won't be any major changes before the trade deadline. They've shaken up the roster quite a bit the past few years and continuity might do them some good right now.

However, keep a few options in mind as the trade deadline closes in. Alan Henderson has an expiring contract and will draw interest.

Of more interest is the flak that Michael Finley has been getting of late. Coach Don Nelson has been on him about his general aggressiveness as Finley tries to battle his way out of a long shooting slump.

"All I need to do is have him make a contribution and understand that when he's not shooting the ball well, he can't not rebound as well and not guard as well," Nelson said. "We need him to be more aggressive, and he's going to try to do that."

Finley drew Nelson's fire after he went 5-for-16 from the field and had only one rebound in 43 minutes in a 107-100 loss last Tuesday.

"I can go out there and get one rebound in 44 minutes," said Nelson. "With one arm. With my bad arm. One is going to fall to you."

That's led to a number of rumors that Finley is on the trading block. Insider hasn't heard of any actual deals with Finley in them. That's probably because Finley turns 32 in March and still has three more years and $51 million left on his contract.

Or maybe it's because Mark Cuban doesn't want to trade him. When asked whether there was any chance the Mavs would consider trading Finely before the trade, here was Cuban's one-word reply to Insider.

"None."

-- Don Nelson
Old 02-14-2005, 02:14 PM   #4
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

Part of me would like to thumb my nose at the suggestion that we should trade away our rookie, who for all his current struggles still has the pedigree of a 5th pick and has shown flashes of brilliance, for an overpaid backup PF. Still, you have to ask yourself, if the Mavs could get 12-14 pg minutes out of Daniels and DA, wouldn't acquiring Boozer be a sizable production boost to the team's most glaring weak spot at backup PF? As much as I'd hate the long-term aspect of the move, unless Devin has a KJ-like late season explosion in him that trade would unquestionably give the team a better shot at the title this year. Still, I'm pretty sure I wouldn't pull the trigger on this one. I'm not ready to give up on Devin. The kid has too much potential, and failing to have patience with someone like him is the kind of thing teams like the Bulls (Miller, Brand, maybe not so much that other guy) and Blazers (JO) have learned to regret.
Old 02-14-2005, 02:15 PM   #5
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

nice find, V.
Old 02-14-2005, 02:18 PM   #6
vinnieponte

vinnieponte is on a distinguished road

They would never trade boozer. I'd love him on our team
Old 02-14-2005, 02:20 PM   #7
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Boozer certainly would make the inconsistency of our second string a hell of a lot better. The only problem is that Boozer isnt a GM favorite, he's used to being a starter and I could see Boozer coming in and filling the role of Henderson: backup PF AND Center....

You just have to think about whether you'd pay Devin Harris in order to upgrade Henderson into Boozer.

Of course, if this could be done with a DA with cash and a second rounder, you'd have to pull this in a second.
Old 02-14-2005, 02:58 PM   #8
birdsanctuary
Platinum Member

birdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to all

Devin Harris, barring injury will become a superstar in this league, and lead the league in steals next year.
Old 02-14-2005, 03:06 PM   #9
rakesh.s
Golden Member

rakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally posted by: birdsanctuary
Devin Harris, barring injury will become a superstar in this league, and lead the league in steals next year.
I think superstar is a stretch..He can be a solid point guard 15 pts, 6-7 ast/game..Think Andre Miller with athleticism

It's too early to tell, but just my opinion..I don't think he'll be the next Dwyane Wade.

As far as leading the league in steals, that's tough to swallow with Larry Hughes, Lebron and Artest in the league..plus you think he'll be starting next year?..because he sure as hell isn't leading the league in steals coming off the bench.. What happens if the Mavs get to the WCF this year with Terry at point?? Do they just trade Terry because they feel the need to play Harris? And what happens if they do that and Harris starting gets you no further than the first round?

Carlos Boozer is not a backup(it's just like bringing jamison off the bench ..it won't work)..he is a double double machine when motivated..like zach randolph or a tim duncan without defense

I don't know why he just quit playing for the last 10-15 games...he was putting up 20,10 pretty easily early on in the season
rakesh.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2005, 03:48 PM   #10
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of

Daniels and Harris for Kirilenko?
The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman
Nash13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2005, 04:28 PM   #11
V
Golden Member

I consider this deal for two reasons:

(1) Harris has shown he really needs to put on some weight if he's going to compete at this level. I don't know if anyone has discussed this before but it seems Harris really gets pushed around. Harris looked overmatched when Bibby put him on the floor the other night ... remember? Harris caught Bibby's leg on a pick & roll ... and Harris fell face first on the basketball. Ugly.

And (2) I haven't been very impressed with DH's decision making, especially on the defensive end. Maybe he's just lost confidence (I heard he's a very bright guy) ... but he needs to get his ass in the right place if he's going to be on the floor at all this spring.

I also like Boozer. And I like small for big trades.

Boozer is only 23 ... he can score in the paint ... and he's a real matchup problem because he's right-handed... but he plays like a lefty. Boozer likes the left block and he can finish with either hand. It would seem like a nice match with Dirk's game. We know Boozer could score when Dirk's on the bench. So i,f ... and thet's a BIG IF ... If Boozer could use his strength to matchup defensively with guys like Webber, KG, Amare, Jermaine, etc., then this is a nice deal. That would allow Boozer to get maybe 30 minutes backing up Dirk & Damp. Otherwise the Mavs would have a highly overpaid 15 minute albatross on their hands.

Of course, once DH adds a few pounds & gets his head straight he could be a star. He may have the quickest crossover in the league right now but he can't finish at the rim unless there no contact. that makes for some spectacular dunks but also for some wildly missed layups. I haven't seen enough of DH to know if he will be a star. Ultimately this comes down to what we don't know: In the Mavs estimation, what is Devin harris' real upside?

-- Don Nelson
Old 02-14-2005, 04:51 PM   #12
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

No way in hell I'd trade Harris for Boozer.

Old 02-14-2005, 07:23 PM   #13
V
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: kg_veteran
No way in hell I'd trade Harris for Boozer.
I neglected to add that Boozer is a terrible defender. Not sure if it's his lack of athleticism or effort but he sucks at guarding. I wouldn't do this deal either but I would consider it since I'm not sure about Harris yet.

-- Don Nelson
Old 02-15-2005, 01:36 AM   #14
Poindexter Einstein
Golden Member

Poindexter Einstein will become famous soon enough

Hmmm, let me take a look at this idea.

So here is the proposal and rationale: Some seem to think we have a glaring hole at PF that is so big, we need a $70M player to fix it. In fact, it is so bad, that we ALSO have to give up our future PG too, to fill that PF shortage.

Count me out.
Poindexter Einstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2005, 10:48 AM   #15
V
Golden Member

Are you responding to the right thread? I don't think anyone would agree with your interpretation of the "proposal & rationale." Cute response though.

-- Don Nelson
Old 02-15-2005, 11:50 AM   #16
Pirate

Pirate is a name known to allPirate is a name known to allPirate is a name known to allPirate is a name known to allPirate is a name known to allPirate is a name known to allPirate is a name known to allPirate is a name known to allPirate is a name known to all

Nice analysis, PE. Put me down for a vehement no also.
Pirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2005, 01:53 PM   #17
V
Golden Member

Again:

Alex (Dallas): What do you think the Mavs should do with their handful of quility perimeter players (J. Terry, Finley, Stackhouse, D. Harris, M. Daniels, J. Howard)? It seems like when their healthy, it's hard to keep Daniels and Howard off the court. Will they make a move by next season's start?

Chad Ford: (1:48 PM ET ) One deal that might make some sense for them if money is really no object for Mark Cuban? Send Devin Harris and Alan Henderson's expiring contract to Utah for Carlos Boozer. With terry, Darrell Armstrong and Marquis Daniels, the team has the point covered and Boozer would give them more rebounding and inside toughness. With that said, it sounds like the Mavs won't be doing anything major before the trade deadline and Mark Cuban tells me he has no interest in trading Michael Finley, the biggest source of Mavs trade rumors these days.

-- Don Nelson
Old 02-15-2005, 03:21 PM   #18
Eman

Eman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to all

We get a 23 year old that already is almost a 20/10 man!!!!! and we give up an unproven, quality point guard. We already have quality that can play the point-------Terry, DA, Marquis!!!!!! Three guys that are or can be (marquis) pretty good at the point. With Dirk and Damp playing 35 minutes a night, there are 26 minutes left over between the two positions. Why not put Boozer out there, he could also play a bit at the 3 (or dirk).

Howard could play the three, Stack a few minutes at 3 and 2, finley, Marquis at the 2, and Terry Marquis at the one (DA also).

Sounds like a solid lineup throughout!!!!!!!

And Boozer's only 23, so we get about 10 years younger at backup power forward/backup center in the process.

WHO KNOWS how good Boozer could be in 3 years or so!!!!!
Eman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2005, 03:22 PM   #19
Eman

Eman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to all

In other words,

I'd do the trade.

E
Eman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2005, 08:45 PM   #20
Poindexter Einstein
Golden Member

No matter how you word it, I wont see the sense in paying $70M for a backup PF - cause that is all you would get in the deal. You just dont pay that sort of money to a player who will be stuck behind your best player.

In addition, you are trading away the Mavs future PG. Regardless of what Ford says (who is NOT known for deep analysis), Daniels is NOT the future at PG in Dallas. Harris is.

Furthermore, you dont trade away a cheap young talented player with unlimited potential, for a ghastly expensive one who is so disappointing that his own team that just signed him wants to ditch him 6 months later. That should tell you a ton about how he does the little things it takes to win (he doesnt).

The deal makes no financial sense, it makes no talent sense, and it makes no lineup sense. In other words, it is typical Chad Ford fare.
Old 02-15-2005, 09:14 PM   #21
V
Golden Member

See, you can make a good point without misrepresenting me. Nice analysis. I agree with you! (As long as Harris is as good as we all hope)

-- Don Nelson
Old 02-16-2005, 01:34 AM   #22
Phil Helmuth

Phil Helmuth is on a distinguished road

Hmmm how about the player with the lowest integrity on the league, and the Duke curse. I say no way in hell.
Old 02-16-2005, 02:45 AM   #23
StrikerV

StrikerV will become famous soon enough

Boozer... left Lebron hangin and lied to a blind man.

GG.

NO.
StrikerV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2005, 07:38 AM   #24
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

You know what would happen? Damp would be pulled earlier, and Boozer be put in earlier. So we'd have 71 million dollar center sitting down, and an 68 million dollar power-forward playing center.

NO THANKS

I hope we learned from the Dickau trade that points shouldn't be thrown around.

DevinHarriswillstart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2005, 10:31 AM   #25
Azn_Baller101

Azn_Baller101 is on a distinguished road

Dallas trades: PF Alan Henderson (3.5 ppg, 4.4 rpg, 0.3 apg in 15.5 minutes)
PG Darrell Armstrong (5.5 ppg, 2.1 rpg, 3.2 apg in 18.1 minutes)

FUTURE 2nd ROUNDER
CASH CONSIDERATIONS

Dallas receives: PF Carlos Boozer (17.8 ppg, 9.0 rpg, 2.8 apg in 34.8 minutes)
Change in team outlook: +8.8 ppg, +2.5 rpg, and -0.7 apg.

Utah trades: PF Carlos Boozer (17.8 ppg, 9.0 rpg, 2.8 apg in 34.8 minutes)
Utah receives: PF Alan Henderson (3.5 ppg, 4.4 rpg, 0.3 apg in 15.5 minutes)
PG Darrell Armstrong (5.5 ppg, 2.1 rpg, 3.2 apg in 18.1 minutes)

FUTURE 2nd Rounder
Cash
Change in team outlook: -8.8 ppg, -2.5 rpg, and +0.7 apg.

TRADE ACCEPTED

Azn_Baller101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2005, 12:45 PM   #26
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

i havent really decided on this trade.. there are obviously some negatives and positives.. i just dont like the whole 'potential' thing with devin.. we all know potential doesnt cut it in the nba, so many players come into the league with so much anticipation and expectation, that they never live up to them.. with that said though, i dont want to change our team right now. we are playing good basketball, hendu knows his role as the backup to dirk.. would boozer? we need to see how far this particular group of guys can take us.. patience guys patience..

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2005, 04:20 AM   #27
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

From the Desert News (Salt Lake City):
-------------------------------------------

Miller also said he knew of "at least three" teams that would be willing to take on the six-year, $68 million contract of the 23-year-old Boozer, who left Cleveland for Utah as a restricted free agent this past summer.
Jazz basketball operations senior vice president Kevin O'Connor later said the Jazz were seriously engaged in trying to move Boozer, but did add he would be remiss if he did not listen to any and all trade offers from other clubs.
Dallas also is believed to have spoken with the Jazz regarding Boozer.

link
Old 02-20-2005, 05:00 AM   #28
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

We'll see Thursday.
Old 02-20-2005, 11:54 AM   #29
akaarod03

akaarod03 is on a distinguished road

I'm a big fan of Carlos Boozer. His game is primarily down low in the post (18 points per game). He doesn't shoot 3s (ala Walker). He rebounds pretty well (9 per game). He's a decent passer (nearly 3 assists a game). Would I trade for Boozer? Sure. Would I trade Devin Harris? No. How about Daniels? I would definitely think about it. I love MD...I think he's a special player...but give me Boozer.

I would still go with the starting 5 of Terry, Finley, Howard, Nowitzki, and Dampier. The bench would consist of Harris, Armstrong, Stackhouse, Boozer, Booth, and Bradley (Talk about a strong bench).

As the team exists now...if Dampier gets into foul trouble...who comes off the bench first? Alan Henderson. If Nowitzki gets into foul trouble...who comes off the bench first? Alan Henderson. Isn't Boozer a major upgrade from Henderson? In an ideal situation...I'd like Dampier to play about 30 minutes a game...and Nowitzki to play 35 minutes a game. That's 31 minutes allotted to Boozer.

So here's the trade...does Dallas do it? Does Utah do it?

Dallas trades Daniels and Henderson

Dallas receives Boozer

akaarod03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2005, 12:53 PM   #30
rakesh.s
Golden Member

rakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of light

boozer is not a bench player!

he is a double double machine that should be on the court at least 35-40 mins

2 years ago, when the mavs were playing "small ball" with dirk at center, i would've welcomed this trade

Boozer could've started at PF.

I really hope there won't be a shakeup of the team, again..*sigh*
rakesh.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2005, 02:13 PM   #31
Windmill360
Diamond Member

Windmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond repute

I heard Terry for Boozer somewhere. I just hope if we do make some kind of move that we don't blow up the whole chemistry thing on this team.
Old 02-20-2005, 02:18 PM   #32
Poindexter Einstein
Golden Member

Boozer is a nice player - but an 11M a year player as a backup, to be in the same role for many years, has to be extremely beyond the realm of reality.
Old 02-20-2005, 06:05 PM   #33
Merg

Merg is on a distinguished road

Maybe it a 3 way with the Lakers. Boozer to Lakers, Henderson & Armsrtong(plus cash and picks?) = cap room for Jazz, and Lamar Odom to Mavs. Odom plays SF, Howard to SG. Nellie has always liked Odom.
Merg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2005, 08:06 PM   #34
fin4life

fin4life is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by: Merg
Maybe it a 3 way with the Lakers. Boozer to Lakers, Henderson & Armsrtong(plus cash and picks?) = cap room for Jazz, and Lamar Odom to Mavs. Odom plays SF, Howard to SG. Nellie has always liked Odom.
The mavs arent giving up enough talent. In theory, the trade makes a lot of sense.... but the Jazz need more in return, expiring contrants are enough because they cant ever sign anybody.
fin4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2005, 01:46 AM   #35
mavs413
Golden Member

mavs413 is a jewel in the roughmavs413 is a jewel in the roughmavs413 is a jewel in the roughmavs413 is a jewel in the roughmavs413 is a jewel in the rough

Dallas trades
PG Darrell Armstrong
PF Alan Henderson
Dallas receives
PF Carlos Boozer

Toronto trades
PG Milt Palacio
PG Rafer Alston
Toronto receives
PG Darrell Armstrong
SG Raja Bell

Utah trades
PF Carlos Boozer
SG Raja Bell
Utah receives
PF Alan Henderson
PG Milt Palacio
PG Rafer Alston

Mavs:
Terry/ Harris
Finley/ Daniels
Howard/ Stackhouse
Nowitzki/ Boozer
Dampier/ Bradley

Raps:
Rose/ Armstrong
Peterson/ Bell
Marshall/ E. Williams
Bosh/ Bonner
Woods/ Araujo

Jazz:
Alston/ Lopez
Harpring/ Snyder
Kirilenko/ Giricek
Henderson/ Humphries
Okur/ Collins
mavs413 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2005, 08:19 AM   #36
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

The current deal floating around on the Laker boards is that its Divac, Butler and George for Carlos Boozer.

There's probably a better thread to put this in, but that's the deal.

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2005, 08:26 AM   #37
Speedy

Speedy is a jewel in the roughSpeedy is a jewel in the roughSpeedy is a jewel in the roughSpeedy is a jewel in the roughSpeedy is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally posted by: Windmill360°
I heard Terry for Boozer somewhere. I just hope if we do make some kind of move that we don't blow up the whole chemistry thing on this team.
This works...

Dallas trades: PF Alan Henderson (3.5 ppg, 4.5 rpg, 0.3 apg in 15.5 minutes)
PG Jason Terry (11.6 ppg, 2.4 rpg, 5.0 apg in 28.9 minutes)
PG Darrell Armstrong (5.4 ppg, 2.1 rpg, 3.3 apg in 18.3 minutes)
Dallas receives: PG Jason Kidd (14.1 ppg, 7.0 rpg, 8.0 apg in 35.8 minutes)
Change in team outlook: -6.4 ppg, -2.0 rpg, and -0.6 apg.

New Jersey trades: PG Jason Kidd (14.1 ppg, 7.0 rpg, 8.0 apg in 35.8 minutes)
New Jersey receives: PG Darrell Armstrong (5.4 ppg, 2.1 rpg, 3.3 apg in 18.3 minutes)
PF Carlos Boozer (17.8 ppg, 9.0 rpg, 2.8 apg in 34.8 minutes)
Change in team outlook: +9.1 ppg, +4.1 rpg, and -1.9 apg.

Utah receives: PF Alan Henderson (3.5 ppg, 4.5 rpg, 0.3 apg in 15.5 minutes)
Change in team outlook: -2.7 ppg, -2.1 rpg, and +2.5 apg.

TRADE ACCEPTED

Josh would get minutes at PF, but that would also free up some minutes at the 2/3 for when Daniels returns.
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2005, 04:57 PM   #38
vashjan

vashjan will become famous soon enoughvashjan will become famous soon enough

That's just not the right thing to do. The only person worth trading is Calvin Booth. Nobody else from 1-11. If we can trade Calvin for jerome Williams or kurt Thomas....that will be good.

Howard is off limits, he is too good to be traded.

BTW, just heard from RealGM.com that Boozer has been traded to LA for Caron , Vlade & Devean George.

[img]i/expressions/clock.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Old 02-21-2005, 05:14 PM   #39
fin4life

fin4life is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by: Speedy
Quote:
Originally posted by: Windmill360°
This works...

Dallas trades: PF Alan Henderson (3.5 ppg, 4.5 rpg, 0.3 apg in 15.5 minutes)
PG Darrell Armstrong (5.4 ppg, 2.1 rpg, 3.3 apg in 18.3 minutes)
Dallas receives: PG Jason Kidd (14.1 ppg, 7.0 rpg, 8.0 apg in 35.8 minutes)
Change in team outlook: -6.4 ppg, -2.0 rpg, and -0.6 apg.

New Jersey trades: PG Jason Kidd (14.1 ppg, 7.0 rpg, 8.0 apg in 35.8 minutes)
New Jersey receives: PG Darrell Armstrong (5.4 ppg, 2.1 rpg, 3.3 apg in 18.3 minutes)
PF Carlos Boozer (17.8 ppg, 9.0 rpg, 2.8 apg in 34.8 minutes)
Change in team outlook: +9.1 ppg, +4.1 rpg, and -1.9 apg.

Utah receives: PF Alan Henderson (3.5 ppg, 4.5 rpg, 0.3 apg in 15.5 minutes)
Change in team outlook: -2.7 ppg, -2.1 rpg, and +2.5 apg.

TRADE ACCEPTED

Josh would get minutes at PF, but that would also free up some minutes at the 2/3 for when Daniels returns.
I usually hate Jason Kidd ideas.... but this one is pretty good. Too bad that boozer has already been moved.
fin4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2005, 05:40 PM   #40
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

I just realized that I detest Carlos Boozer.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote