Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 06-10-2011, 02:32 AM   #1
pkdumas
Golden Member

pkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to all
Default LeBron pre-game team huddle pep talk

I missed the one before Game 5 tonight. Did he even deliver one or has it lost it's luster amongst teammates? If so, was it the same "backs against the wall" speech we keep hearing? Will he even be allowed by teammates to give one before Game 6? If so, will we be able to collect all six speeches in a commemorative box set?
Old 06-10-2011, 02:38 AM   #2
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkdumas View Post
I missed the one before Game 5 tonight. Did he even deliver one or has it lost it's luster amongst teammates? If so, was it the same "backs against the wall" speech we keep hearing? Will he even be allowed by teammates to give one before Game 6? If so, will we be able to collect all six speeches in a commemorative box set?
No, he did it. I forgot what he said. I think it was something about "don't regret what you." Hell, I forget. But to answer your question, he did deliver one. And no, it didn't mean anything to his (non-LGBT) teammates.

Last edited by u2sarajevo; 06-11-2011 at 02:01 PM.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 03:26 AM   #3
pkdumas
Golden Member

pkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to all

Does Chris Bosh ever feel jealous that he doesn't get to do press conferences side by side with Wade and James?
Old 06-10-2011, 03:28 AM   #4
OneLove22

OneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to all

Quote:
Does Chris Bosh ever feel jealous that he doesn't get to do press conferences side by side with Wade and James?
lol me and my buddies were talkin about the same thing today.
Old 06-10-2011, 06:22 AM   #5
jcm28

jcm28 is a name known to alljcm28 is a name known to alljcm28 is a name known to alljcm28 is a name known to alljcm28 is a name known to alljcm28 is a name known to alljcm28 is a name known to alljcm28 is a name known to all

I laughed so hard when they were up 2-1 and he still said "even though were up I still feel like our backs are against the wall". it looked so unconvincing and his teammates were probably like "wtfs up with this kid".
Old 06-10-2011, 09:18 AM   #6
Blackspider

Blackspider is a glorious beacon of lightBlackspider is a glorious beacon of lightBlackspider is a glorious beacon of lightBlackspider is a glorious beacon of lightBlackspider is a glorious beacon of lightBlackspider is a glorious beacon of lightBlackspider is a glorious beacon of light

"Guys, does anyone know if it's true that Rashard Lewis is my girlfriend" while holding tears back...

Last edited by u2sarajevo; 06-11-2011 at 02:02 PM.
Blackspider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 09:20 AM   #7
muzak

muzak is a glorious beacon of lightmuzak is a glorious beacon of lightmuzak is a glorious beacon of lightmuzak is a glorious beacon of lightmuzak is a glorious beacon of lightmuzak is a glorious beacon of lightmuzak is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcm28 View Post
I laughed so hard when they were up 2-1 and he still said "even though were up I still feel like our backs are against the wall". it looked so unconvincing and his teammates were probably like "wtfs up with this kid".
Yes, it sounds very contrived. Between him and Spoelstra, they aren't firing anyone up. I bet Ray Lewis is laughing.
muzak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 09:26 AM   #8
iella
Golden Member

iella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond repute

The Heat have spent this entire series trying to convince themselves that they're an underdog and that their backs are against the wall, and we've seen how they've responded. Now that their backs are actually against a wall, why would anything change? That's the problem with having to fake-psyche yourself up - you fake yourself out.

Contrast with doing things the Mavs/Dirk way: no matter what the situation is, just gotta take care of business.
Old 06-10-2011, 11:52 AM   #9
G-Man
Platinum Member

G-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond repute

Think about it from a teammates perspective. Who do you want to go to the matresses for? Wade who got a championship gifted to him, and LeBron who has hand the world handed to him?

Or Dirk, your teammmate who is tough as nails yet keeps getting called soft?
or Kidd, the old man on his last chance to get a ring?
or Marion and Peja who got close in their prime and now finally have a chance again?
or Jet, getting a 2nd chance to come through in the clutch?

LeBron will never find the words to be as inspirational as the Mavs' true story.

Now lets go get our boys a ring.
G-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 01:11 AM   #10
banpeikun

banpeikun is a name known to allbanpeikun is a name known to allbanpeikun is a name known to allbanpeikun is a name known to allbanpeikun is a name known to allbanpeikun is a name known to allbanpeikun is a name known to allbanpeikun is a name known to allbanpeikun is a name known to all

Quote:
he said something about the mavs being in the way of them getting a championship

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTyGZf-JBkU&t=01m50s
"they in the way of our championship, man"
banpeikun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 01:14 AM   #11
Mavsfan4ever
Golden Member

Mavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to behold

He was blowing hot air.
Old 06-11-2011, 10:09 AM   #12
alexamenos
Diamond Member

alexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by iella View Post
The Heat have spent this entire series trying to convince themselves that they're an underdog and that their backs are against the wall, and we've seen how they've responded. Now that their backs are actually against a wall, why would anything change? That's the problem with having to fake-psyche yourself up - you fake yourself out.
yeah, and I've heard numerous, many many references to all of the 'adversity' they've faced this season.

Adversity? What adversity have they faced? Did they lose arguably the second best player on the team for the season when they were looking like contenders? Have they effectively lost 10-15 minutes of a very capable backup 5?

No, nothing like this has happened to the heat....all three of the best butt buddies are healthy (drama aside), and their entire roster is as healthy as one can reasonably expect this time of year.

Apparently when the Heat speak of adversity, what they're talking about is a decrease in their Q-Scores, and only a bunch of a first class douche bags would consider a decrease in q-score to be adversity.
Old 06-11-2011, 12:26 PM   #13
DavidDaMonkey
Platinum Member

DavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think I've heard Spo speak once where he hasn't brought up all the hard times they've been through and what a tough road they've had all season. Any problems with that team are entirely self-inflicted. Give it a rest.

Tags
thread diarrhea