Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 07-26-2003, 09:27 PM   #1
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Favorite current SNL personality.....

Who is your favorite <u>current</u> SNL personality?

I have to go with Will Ferrell. The guy does so many characters dead on. He jsut kills me.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-26-2003, 09:29 PM   #2
Just211
Platinum Member

Just211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to all
Default RE: Favorite current SNL personality.....

is he still on SNL?
Old 07-26-2003, 09:37 PM   #3
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

SNL hasn't been cancelled yet?
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2003, 09:42 PM   #4
Just211
Platinum Member

Just211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to all

isn't funny how SNL goes by generations? You know how each generation has "their" cast, and the next one sucks. you know how the critics said they sucked with Sandler, Spade, McDonald,and Farley, but IMO that was their best years.
Now, Ferrell is the ONLY funny guy on the show. Cattan is alright, but he plays the same characters over and over. Fallon - SUCKS , sandler wanna be

Old 07-26-2003, 09:51 PM   #5
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

All time favorite - Gilda Radner. I just loved her "never mind" after someone corrected Emily Litella after a long rant.

And Roseanne Roseannadanna was greatness.
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2003, 10:05 PM   #6
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of

Cheri Oteri. She's the best looking one up there.
The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman
Nash13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2003, 10:26 PM   #7
Drbio
Banned

Will Ferrell special on right now.

Roseanne Rosannadanna was greatness. I love Garrett Morris and Chevy Chase from that era though. And of course.....John Belushi.
Old 07-26-2003, 10:37 PM   #8
Drbio
Banned

hahaha...this show is great. Ferrell is on fire.

From the Dissing you Dog segment...

"way to go murphy you worthless sack of excrement."

Had no idea Ferrell was a fan of D-M.com. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
(just kidding murph)
Old 07-26-2003, 10:54 PM   #9
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

Jimmy Fallon cracks me up.
Old 07-27-2003, 02:44 AM   #10
dallas_esq
Golden Member

dallas_esq is a jewel in the roughdallas_esq is a jewel in the roughdallas_esq is a jewel in the rough

Will Farrel ROCKS! he is so HOT right now!
Old 07-27-2003, 05:24 AM   #11
veruca salt
Platinum Member

veruca salt will become famous soon enough

I was sure Ferrell just finished his last season?

Smile like you mean it
veruca salt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2003, 11:09 AM   #12
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Ferrell is not on SNL as of the end 2001-2002 season. Fallon will probably be the star next year, but I like Horatio Sanz....
Old 07-27-2003, 11:47 AM   #13
sturm und drang
Golden Member

sturm und drang has a spectacular aura aboutsturm und drang has a spectacular aura aboutsturm und drang has a spectacular aura about

I have to admit that Blue Oyster Cult skit that was shown in the Ferrell retrospective last night makes me laugh aloud.

"MORE COWBELL!"

SNL's definitely hit-or-miss, but sometimes it's worth suffering through an abundance of mediocrity for a skit as funny as the one above...

That said, my favorite cast member is definitely Tina Fey. I love her dry-to-the-point-of-dessicated wit.
Old 07-27-2003, 01:10 PM   #14
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

I like Tina too... but I wish they would use her more than just on the Update. I know occasionally they will, but not enough in my opinion. I saw her on David Letterman a couple of months back and she seemed pretty witty....

And her and Fallon have great chemistry... not as good as Radner and Chase, but good nonetheless.
Old 07-27-2003, 01:25 PM   #15
Drbio
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by: sturm und drang
I have to admit that Blue Oyster Cult skit that was shown in the Ferrell retrospective last night makes me laugh aloud.

"MORE COWBELL!"

SNL's definitely hit-or-miss, but sometimes it's worth suffering through an abundance of mediocrity for a skit as funny as the one above...

That said, my favorite cast member is definitely Tina Fey. I love her dry-to-the-point-of-dessicated wit.

sturm- couldn't agree more. That skit was slap knee funny. Walken dead-panned that "Need more cowbell" line to perfection.
Old 07-27-2003, 06:26 PM   #16
veruca salt
Platinum Member

veruca salt will become famous soon enough

The Blue Oyster Cult skit is one of my all time favourites.

Smile like you mean it
veruca salt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2003, 07:02 PM   #17
Rod1975
Golden Member

Rod1975 is on a distinguished road

The hell with SNL....
Mad TV owns SNL [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 07-27-2003, 08:38 PM   #18
southern_sweets
Diamond Member

southern_sweets will become famous soon enoughsouthern_sweets will become famous soon enough

Agreed. Mad TV rules!
southern_sweets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2003, 09:31 PM   #19
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

Quote:
Originally posted by: Rod1975
The hell with SNL....
Mad TV owns SNL [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
I tried to watch it. IMO, it sucks. The only thing it has going for it is the dude that acts like the 3 year old....

"watch what I can do, watch what I can do...."

everything else is blah...
Old 07-28-2003, 08:21 AM   #20
Dooby
Diamond Member

Dooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really nice

Tina Fey and Fallon tied for first in my book. Just because the Weekend Update is so great. Horatio Sanz is third.

Has there ever been personalities on MTV unable to control their own laughter more than Fallon and Sanz? They break into laughter constantly.

That Will Farrell dedicated episode was fantastic. Man, he was funny on that show.
At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell. – Thomas Fuller
Dooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2003, 08:28 AM   #21
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of

I hardly watch the show though.

Where would you rank Tracy Morgan? Don't know if he's still up there, but he was on a show i use to watch.
The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman
Nash13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2003, 08:39 AM   #22
AnMan21

AnMan21 will become famous soon enough

Will Ferrel was the best until he quit the show. He played so many great characters to perfection. However, I think Tracy Morgan is my favorite now, and unfortunately they don't ever use him! It's really a waste of talent.
AnMan21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2003, 09:07 AM   #23
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

Quote:
Originally posted by: AnMan21
Will Ferrel was the best until he quit the show. He played so many great characters to perfection. However, I think Tracy Morgan is my favorite now, and unfortunately they don't ever use him! It's really a waste of talent.

Brian Fellows was funny.... but is becoming monotonous and predictable. He needs to find a new trick, IMO. But I like his interactions with the stars monologues and the song skits with Katan and Sanz...
Old 07-28-2003, 09:30 AM   #24
Drbio
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by: Dooby
Tina Fey and Fallon tied for first in my book. Just because the Weekend Update is so great. Horatio Sanz is third.

Has there ever been personalities on MTV unable to control their own laughter more than Fallon and Sanz? They break into laughter constantly.

That Will Farrell dedicated episode was fantastic. Man, he was funny on that show.

That hot tub scene where they were all laughing was funny. I thought the skit was weak but I couldn't help but laugh along with them.
Old 07-28-2003, 10:30 AM   #25
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

I DRIVE A DODGE STRATUS! and the bruce dickinson cowbell skit is a classic... "i have a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell!" one of my favorte skits is the "jingleheimer junction" skit. great one.

ferrell is amazing. but as it stands right now (since he isn't on it anymore), i like sanz. did anyone see ferrell in the matrix reloaded parody at the start of the mtv movie awards? hilarious.

i love when they start cracking up. makes it even funnier. fallon ALWAYS laughs in the skit where he works at the upscale clothes place. where ferrell comes riding out on the mini-scooter... and sanz is in that one, too. "for your informacion, k-mart is for losers. i do all my shooping at Target. BOING!"
Old 07-28-2003, 10:57 AM   #26
Dooby
Diamond Member

Dooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really nice

Quote:
Originally posted by: AnMan21
Unfortunately, like most african americans before him, Tracy Morgan is underused on SNL. To be great on SNL, you need to be able to write. None of the african americans on SNL wrote very good scetches except Eddie Murphy, of course. And Eddie was so talented all the other writers wanted to write for him. Garret Morris had his moments-"Get me a shotgun and kill all the whities I see" and "Garrett Morris for the hard of hearing". Chris Rock had moments, too. But Tracy Morgan does the wild-crazy eyes angry black man so well, that is all they let him do.

But the Weekend Update is the best; I'd go so far as to say that Fey and Fallon are second only to Dennis Miller. And they may eventually surpass Miller as well, in my book. Who can forget "Gay Hitler"?
At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Old 07-28-2003, 11:07 AM   #27
Drbio
Banned

Garrett Morris on "How to be a Ho" by Velvet Jones was hilarious.
Old 07-28-2003, 12:28 PM   #28
Dooby
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: Drbio
That was Eddie.

Old 07-28-2003, 01:58 PM   #29
Drbio
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by: Dooby
Quote:
Originally posted by: Drbio
That was Eddie.
Brain fart. You are correct. Still...I loved Garrett Morris.