Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 07-15-2003, 09:00 AM   #1
Dooby
Diamond Member

Dooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really nice
Default Hunting for Bambi

I can't believe this is real.

Hunting for Bambi

At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell. – Thomas Fuller
Dooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-15-2003, 09:05 AM   #2
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Hunting for Bambi

I saw this on drudge yesterday. I think it is sick. Another enabler for sick-minded, male chauvinist pigs.

What a sick, sick world we live in.
Old 07-15-2003, 09:09 AM   #3
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

Sick. Just when I think I can't be shocked by what some people will do, this comes along.

I can't believe a woman with any self-respect would allow themselves to be shot at willingly.
Old 07-15-2003, 09:11 AM   #4
Ummmmm Ok
Platinum Member

Ummmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to all

Ugh!!!

Too many leaders act as if the sheep.. their people.. are there for the benefit of the shepherd, not that the shepherd has responsibility for the sheep. Ken Blanchard

What we think determines what happens to us, so if we want to change our lives, we need to stretch our minds. Wayne Dyer

These are things that I read and live by!
Ummmmm Ok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2003, 09:13 AM   #5
mavsfanforever
Diamond Member

mavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of light

This is sick. I cannot believe people are also paying thousands of dollars on this.
Old 07-15-2003, 09:33 AM   #6
Dooby
Diamond Member

Dooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really nice

I used to play paintball quite a bit. I have a half-moon scar on my arm from a paintball fired at me from six feet away in 45-degree weather. Even with a jacket on, I always came home with several bruises. Anybody that would willingly get shot by with a paintball gun without padding is insane.
At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Old 07-15-2003, 09:46 AM   #7
southern_sweets
Diamond Member

southern_sweets will become famous soon enoughsouthern_sweets will become famous soon enough

This is disgusting! I am shocked!

Women are still being underpaid. $1,000-$2,500 for the hunted women?! Each hunter is paying $5,000-$10,000. That's at best 50% and as low as 10%. They need a union.
southern_sweets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2003, 09:49 AM   #8
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: southern_sweets
This is disgusting! I am shocked!

Women are still being underpaid. $1,000-$2,500 for the hunted women?! Each hunter is paying $5,000-$10,000. That's at best 50% and as low as 10%. They need a union.
I nominate you to be their ring leader. D-M's very own mafia member.
Old 07-15-2003, 02:33 PM   #9
dallas_esq
Golden Member

dallas_esq is a jewel in the roughdallas_esq is a jewel in the roughdallas_esq is a jewel in the rough

Collective bargaining could help a lot of women in this and other industries. The least these employers could do is provide them with health insurance plans.

Yes, it is sick and wrong, yes, I wouldn't do it, but doesn't it sound just a little interesting?
Old 07-15-2003, 03:17 PM   #10
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

Quote:
Originally posted by: dallas_esq
Collective bargaining could help a lot of women in this and other industries. The least these employers could do is provide them with health insurance plans.

Yes, it is sick and wrong, yes, I wouldn't do it, but doesn't it sound just a little interesting?
Not in the least. Unless of course sweets is the ring leader. In that case I would have to support it to avoid a mafia hit.
Old 07-15-2003, 03:48 PM   #11
dallas_esq
Golden Member

dallas_esq is a jewel in the roughdallas_esq is a jewel in the roughdallas_esq is a jewel in the rough

If you ask me, it is a lot more desirable than any strip club situation, and I don't see anyone on here attacking that Mysogonistic Temple.
Old 07-15-2003, 03:50 PM   #12
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

That wasn't the subject. But I don't approve of those either.
Old 07-15-2003, 04:01 PM   #13
dallas_esq
Golden Member

I think it's fairly reasonable exploitation of drug-addicted young women. No one REALLY gets hurt. Maybe a little blood is drawn once in a while. But these women aren't experiencing NEARLY the violations that strippers, or even waitresses are enduring, the money is pretty good I think. It's just the idea of it that seems to sit wrong, the symbolism of it all. I think that part is just kind of farcical.
Old 07-15-2003, 04:08 PM   #14
southern_sweets
Diamond Member

southern_sweets will become famous soon enoughsouthern_sweets will become famous soon enough

Give me a break Dallas! The money is not good.

I would need at least $5 million to run around in the desert naked letting some pathetic weird SOB shoot at me with a paint gun.
Old 07-15-2003, 04:09 PM   #15
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

That is absolutely horrible.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2003, 04:11 PM   #16
dallas_esq
Golden Member

I agree Dr. But far more defensible than many other things happening to young women. Let us not forget they are consenting, and that since this story broke the proprietor has been deluged with offers. Who is to blame?
Old 07-15-2003, 04:11 PM   #17
southern_sweets
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: Drbio
OK, Doc, $4 million and that's my final offer.

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 07-15-2003, 04:15 PM   #18
Ummmmm Ok
Platinum Member

Ummmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to all

Sweets I have lost all hope and faith into you. I can't believe you would even do it for 5 mil. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]

you go down to 4.5 first.....than to 4. Sheesh!

Too many leaders act as if the sheep.. their people.. are there for the benefit of the shepherd, not that the shepherd has responsibility for the sheep. Ken Blanchard

What we think determines what happens to us, so if we want to change our lives, we need to stretch our minds. Wayne Dyer

Old 07-15-2003, 04:15 PM   #19
dallas_esq
Golden Member

Quote:
Quote:

Let's talk REAL numbers here Sweets. Would you do it for the full $10,000 fee?
Old 07-15-2003, 04:25 PM   #20
Drbio
Banned

Quote:
I agree Dr. But far more defensible than many other things happening to young women. Let us not forget they are consenting, and that since this story broke the proprietor has been deluged with offers. Who is to blame?
OK, by this argument then if a woman agrees to be a hooker then it's not a problem either? It's not an exploitation of women? If we publicized Hookers-R-Us do you think they would get offers too?
Old 07-15-2003, 04:31 PM   #21
dallas_esq
Golden Member

This pays much better than being a hooker does, and involves much less of a violation of one's body, so no, Doc, I don't think they would get as many offers. That is precisely my point, while this is prostitution, it is one of the most benign forms I've seen. I think it's all disgusting, but I would rather see guys do this at a "bachelor party" than most of the things they do now.
Old 07-15-2003, 04:45 PM   #22
Ummmmm Ok
Platinum Member

I am curious though who in their right freaking mind would shoot an unarmed naked woman for pleasure?

There are some really sick people in this world!!!

Old 07-15-2003, 05:34 PM   #23
southern_sweets
Diamond Member

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Let's talk REAL numbers here Sweets. Would you do it for the full $10,000 fee?
No way! $10,000 is not enough. $5 million is my price. I would do it for $5 million dollars and laugh all the way to the bank about the stupid sick individual that was pathetic enough to give me the money.

I think it's degrading to be underpaid regardless of the job. Like the hookers you see on cops taking $20. Look at those guys. I'd need to have a change in lifestyle so drastic I could forget all about the sicko.

Then again, I'm no hooker and I'd rather get a job with a great company, get some stock options and hopefully get rich. I'm a boring accountant, but 4 people called me today to interview with their company and sex, paint guns and the desert were not mentioned.

Old 07-15-2003, 05:53 PM   #24
Dooby
Diamond Member

Quote:
No way! $10,000 is not enough. $5 million is my price. I would do it for $5 million dollars and laugh all the way to the bank about the stupid sick individual that was pathetic enough to give me the money.
You've already said you'd do it for $4M. No backing out now.

Quote:
I'm a boring accountant, but 4 people called me today to interview with their company and sex, paint guns and the desert were not mentioned.
Well, duh! They save that for the second interview, right after they mention casual Fridays and weekly donut day.

Old 07-15-2003, 05:55 PM   #25
Dooby
Diamond Member

Quote:
OK, by this argument then if a woman agrees to be a hooker then it's not a problem either? It's not an exploitation of women? If we publicized Hookers-R-Us do you think they would get offers too?
As an aside, this is in Nevada. Prostitution is legal in Nevada.

Old 07-15-2003, 07:53 PM   #26
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

I had to take my car in today. And while I'm sitting in the waiting room watching CNN they do a story on this.

The anchor was absolutely appalled and had no problem showing it. They talked to the creator and one of the women that plays a target.

The creator said something about how he loves to hunt deer but doesn't get paid for it. It popped into his head, 'why not hunt women'? He has no fear of the women suing if they suffer a serious injury.

The woman could not have been more ditzy. She said what a rush it is, the money is good, and they all know what their getting themselves into. It mentioned that one woman was hit and it drew blood, but they're not worried about a serious injury.

There were about 8 people watching this and all were stunned. It showed video and it really is something you'd have to see to believe.
Old 07-15-2003, 08:16 PM   #27
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

ocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud of

I'm sorry...but I think it's freaking hilarious that:

1. Women actually subject themselves to this
2. Do it for so little money
3. Men are stupid enough to pay for it
Old 07-15-2003, 09:02 PM   #28
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

What a weird world we live in.
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2003, 09:07 PM   #29
southern_sweets
Diamond Member

I have an idea for a compromise. Since most of you don't have the $4-5 million for me to allow you to hunt me I have a more cost effective idea...

For $100 each I will run around in a swim suit and you can hunt me with a squirt gun.

The rules are: None of you guys can wear swim suits. You must be fully clothed. Water only in the squirt guns. And you can't get my hair wet.
Old 07-15-2003, 10:14 PM   #30
Dooby
Diamond Member

Quote:
I have an idea for a compromise. Since most of you don't have the $4-5 million for me to allow you to hunt me I have a more cost effective idea...

For $100 each I will run around in a swim suit and you can hunt me with a squirt gun.

The rules are: None of you guys can wear swim suits. You must be fully clothed. Water only in the squirt guns. And you can't get my hair wet.
Tempting...

Old 07-15-2003, 10:35 PM   #31
dallas_esq
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: Dooby
Quote:

Tempting...
I've got my $100.00!
Old 07-16-2003, 07:25 AM   #32
Dooby
Diamond Member

Sweets, can you wear an outfit like this?

Old 07-16-2003, 10:12 AM   #33
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

Quote:

Sweets.... some questions before I commit....

1. Can I pick the swimsuit? Are any particular colors not supported (ie... White?)?
2. Is the squirt gun a standard issue single pump action? Or can I use one of my choosing?
3. You stated I must be fully clothed, does this mean in a business suit? Can I wear shorts? What is the motivation behind me not wearing a bathing suit?
4. What happens if a squirt of water (assuming I am using water) gets on your hair? Is the game forfeited?
5. If we squirt you successfully (no pun intended) do we get any of our 100 dollar fee back as do the paint ball hunters?

....and most importantly...
6. What is this game called? Squirting for sweets?
Old 07-16-2003, 11:04 AM   #34
senorfrog

senorfrog is on a distinguished road

I've got my $100.00, but you have to wear a white T-Shirt
Old 07-16-2003, 11:26 AM   #35
Chiwas
Guru

Chiwas is infamous around these partsChiwas is infamous around these parts

The worst part is that they, women being hunted, get paid and also enjoy the hunting.

Hunters need a union.

Old 07-16-2003, 01:46 PM   #36
southern_sweets
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: u2sarajevo
Sweets.... some questions before I commit....

1. Can I pick the swimsuit? Are any particular colors not supported (ie... White?)?
2. Is the squirt gun a standard issue single pump action? Or can I use one of my choosing?
3. You stated I must be fully clothed, does this mean in a business suit? Can I wear shorts? What is the motivation behind me not wearing a bathing suit?
4. What happens if a squirt of water (assuming I am using water) gets on your hair? Is the game forfeited?
5. If we squirt you successfully (no pun intended) do we get any of our 100 dollar fee back as do the paint ball hunters?

....and most importantly...
6. What is this game called? Squirting for sweets?[/quote]

1. I already have a swimsuit. If you would like to select the clothing I wear that costs extra. For example Dooby's request would be an additional $10,000.
2. You can use any squirt gun as long as it is sold for use by children and contains only water.
3. You may wear shorts as long they aren't too short. Motivation = I don't want to see any member of D-M.com in a swim suit or shirtless.
4. If my hair get wet the game ends. No refunds.
5. The game is called "Thanks for the $100"

Old 07-16-2003, 02:25 PM   #37
Drbio
Banned

Wow.

I think.
Old 07-26-2003, 10:11 PM   #38
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

The Creator of "Hunting For Bambi" Charged With a Crime

Las Vegas, Nevada, July 25 - The 'Hunt For Bambi' now moves from the court of public opinion to a court of law. The creator behind the controversial video is being charged with a crime.

Mayor Oscar Goodman wants Michael Burdick prosecuted to the full extent of the law. He says Burdick won't be laughing after six months in jail. Burdick is the man who produced the videos... supposedly showing hunters shooting nude women with paintball guns. News 3's Dana Wagner reports.

Yesterday, mayor Goodman told us no charges would be filed... but he's changing his tune today. The mayor has obviously run out of patience for 'Bambi' inventor Michael Burdick -- charging him with operating without a business license. The mayor is looking for any way possible to get Burdick behind bars. "We have plenty of jail space available in Las Vegas." Mayor Goodman is hunting for Michael Burdick -- calling the film maker a liar. "This guy is saying something different than what he told my staff before and we're going to make sure he's punished for it." The mayor had no plans to prosecute Burdick, until Burdick appeared on national television Thursday night and lied some more:

"You did a great job hyping this. Great job hoaxing the media and lord knows the media deserves to get knocked down a peg. Why don't you just admit it and enjoy it?"

"You can purchase the video and determine if it's a hoax."

"I think we just did. Michael Burdick behind the Bambi hunting hoax."

Burdick won't talk to Channel 3 because we broke the story about the hoax. But he did tell our affiliate from Fresno and others that the charge of operating without a business license is bogus. "Here's the bottom line: it's a waste of tax payer money. It won't even make it's day in court." Burdick says he has a business license. But the fact is, he doesn't. The business license was issued to his girlfriend Lakana Campbell. Mayor Goodman says Campbell is just a front... that Burdick is really running things and therefore breaking the law. "First time offenders have not garnered the wrath of the mayor. I will do everything I can to make sure this guy is punished for trying to embarrass Las Vegas as the result of a lie and scam.. Yes sir."

Burdick faces six months in jail and a thousand dollar fine for the misdemeanor. The mayor says he'll do everything in his power to see that he gets the maximum. As for Burdick, I talked to him on the phone today to get his side. Well, you know Burdick doesn't like us. He told me to do something that's physically impossible and then hung up.

There may be more charges in this case. The mayor says the investigation isn't over yet and he may have another announcement next week.
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2003, 10:53 PM   #39
MavsFanFinley
Guru

Good, hope they shut this down.

It's disgusting.
Old 07-27-2003, 02:56 AM   #40
dallas_esq
Golden Member

I personally don't think it's that bad. Women, God bless them, are subjected to much worse for much less. It sounds to me like this is a decent business for everyone except the poor slobs laying down the $5K.