Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 10-14-2016, 11:43 PM   #41
mavErika
Golden Member

mavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
Wow, I think I jinxed the game... Suns went on a run.
Don't be superstitious, it's not your fault!

I blame Obama.
mavErika is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-14-2016, 11:51 PM   #42
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Two players that I think are clearly going to be major contributors this season are Anderson and Powell. Neither has really had a bad game so far, and both work their asses off to get better.

Anderson's offensive game looks soooo much more polished than it did last season.

Last edited by DevinHarriswillstart; 10-14-2016 at 11:52 PM.
DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2016, 12:03 AM   #43
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Could be as simple as a DNP tonight -- it's not hard to do the math in his position, especially if he sees other players outperforming him.
I dunno what's up with that Twitter account, but he did get a DNP tonight.

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2016, 12:37 AM   #44
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

DirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Link is working for me... Just in tome for the 4th!
Quote:
Wow, I think I jinxed the game... Suns went on a run.

Nooo, I was too late!

Is this ghost ball??
DirkFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2016, 06:34 AM   #45
dirt_dobber
Diamond Member

dirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond repute

Not liking the total team assists. I know this is pre-season but only 16 total
and our starting pg had none?? But starting center had 4.
Going to be nice watching Bogut this year - I have always liked his game.
dirt_dobber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2016, 11:01 AM   #46
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Bryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirt_dobber View Post
Not liking the total team assists. I know this is pre-season but only 16 total
and our starting pg had none?? But starting center had 4.
Going to be nice watching Bogut this year - I have always liked his game.
The starting lineup definitely needs more time on the floor together. Wes had 1 shot in the first quarter, then 2 in the 2nd and 2 in the 3rd. We need to get him more than 5 looks in 20 mins. Barnes had 2 in the 1st, 4 in the 2nd and then just 1 in the 3rd. I'm pretty sure the 1 in the 3rd was on a steal that lead to a fast break dunk for him too so essentially he had 0 shots in the flow of our offense in the 3rd. Just before the end of the half, when the top of our bench came in and brought the game close, we were at 7 assists and 11 TO's. PHX was at 15 assists and 6 TO's. We finished the game with more TO's than assists. Meanwhile, PHX ended with 21 assists to 12 TO's.

Biggest problem for our offense, and we all knew it would be, is dribble penetration. Outside of the occasional Dwill penetration the only reliable guy we have is JJ. So the offense is going to get kinda ugly for stretches during games I'd guess. They have to play better defensively though. I bet that is what RC was most upset with last night. Well, that and TO's. PHX shot 60% from 3 in the first half against us. Many of them were pretty open looks. We also committed 30 fouls. Mavs have talked all summer about being better defensively than last year. Which they finished 19th in defensive efficiency. The Suns finished 25th last year, and without TC/Len they looked better defensively than we did. To be fair having Bledsoe healthy helps them a lot but the Mavs, and RC especially, are hoping for much better than what we have seen so far from the defense.

-Edit-
To be fair I'm sure they had plenty of fast break points from TO's which makes the defense look worse.

Last edited by Bryan_Wilson; 10-15-2016 at 11:04 AM.
Bryan_Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2016, 11:49 AM   #47
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan_Wilson View Post
The starting lineup definitely needs more time on the floor together. Wes had 1 shot in the first quarter, then 2 in the 2nd and 2 in the 3rd. We need to get him more than 5 looks in 20 mins. Barnes had 2 in the 1st, 4 in the 2nd and then just 1 in the 3rd. I'm pretty sure the 1 in the 3rd was on a steal that lead to a fast break dunk for him too so essentially he had 0 shots in the flow of our offense in the 3rd. Just before the end of the half, when the top of our bench came in and brought the game close, we were at 7 assists and 11 TO's. PHX was at 15 assists and 6 TO's. We finished the game with more TO's than assists. Meanwhile, PHX ended with 21 assists to 12 TO's.

Biggest problem for our offense, and we all knew it would be, is dribble penetration. Outside of the occasional Dwill penetration the only reliable guy we have is JJ. So the offense is going to get kinda ugly for stretches during games I'd guess. They have to play better defensively though. I bet that is what RC was most upset with last night. Well, that and TO's. PHX shot 60% from 3 in the first half against us. Many of them were pretty open looks. We also committed 30 fouls. Mavs have talked all summer about being better defensively than last year. Which they finished 19th in defensive efficiency. The Suns finished 25th last year, and without TC/Len they looked better defensively than we did. To be fair having Bledsoe healthy helps them a lot but the Mavs, and RC especially, are hoping for much better than what we have seen so far from the defense.

-Edit-
To be fair I'm sure they had plenty of fast break points from TO's which makes the defense look worse.
Well I've said all offseason long that DWill is the x factor because he simply has to be better than last season playmaking-wise. He just didn't put in the effort. Barea is the best playmaker on the team until I see DWill come back to form.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2016, 07:56 PM   #48
walter

walter is just really nicewalter is just really nicewalter is just really nicewalter is just really nicewalter is just really nicewalter is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan_Wilson View Post

-Edit-

The dribble penetration is where we miss Felton this year. Last year he was pretty good at bowling balling his way to the hoop and making plays. We replaced him with Curry, can he become that extra play maker we need? It can't just be JJ the whole year.
walter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2016, 07:58 PM   #49
mavErika
Golden Member

mavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant future

Quote:
I dunno what's up with that Twitter account, but he did get a DNP tonight.
Wait, what are you talking about, he played quite a lot in the second half.
Or do we have multiple Gibson's on the roster now (honest question) - I remember only the one from SL.
mavErika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2016, 08:15 PM   #50
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavErika View Post
Wait, what are you talking about, he played quite a lot in the second half.
Or do we have multiple Gibson's on the roster now (honest question) - I remember only the one from SL.
Wait, was that Gibson's account? I can't even remember who we were talking about now that its been deleted... For some reason I thought it was Collinsworth because Gibson has been pretty damn solid.

We should probably just lock this thread away in the AAC basement.

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 10-15-2016 at 08:17 PM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2016, 04:05 AM   #51
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Bryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by walter View Post
The dribble penetration is where we miss Felton this year. Last year he was pretty good at bowling balling his way to the hoop and making plays. We replaced him with Curry, can he become that extra play maker we need? It can't just be JJ the whole year.
Yeah I totally agree. We will miss rayray's dribble penetration. In fact I don't know why the media narration is how we will miss Parsons playmaking when really it's rayray's playmaking we will miss much much more.
Bryan_Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote