Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 03-24-2009, 12:38 PM   #1
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute
Default Is Carlisle a Rick with a P?

It's quiet around here, and I haven't seen discussion of this elsewhere (please point me to it if it exists and I'll merge the threads)

Rick Carlisle was doing a pre-game interview with Chuck Cooperstein of ESPN 103.3 FM fame, and he acted like a complete a-hole to Coop.

The audio can be heard here: http://site.bigbyron.com/ There's a little play button at the bottom of the page.

He's also been a complete arse to Norm Hitzges during their weekly visits on The Ticket.

Do you care if he's an ass like that? It bothers me a little, but it wouldn't if they were winning.

D-Magazine: http://insidecorner.dmagazine.com/in...s-like-a-jerk/

Dallas Observer: http://blogs.dallasobserver.com/spor...k_carlisle.php
Old 03-24-2009, 01:05 PM   #2
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

yeah, he's a prick. I've heard other reporters mention his sarcasm before.. and the fact that he acts like every question is stupid.
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 01:09 PM   #3
Robillion
Golden Member

Robillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant future

Could there be a yanky factor in this? He is quite the yanky in my eyes. Someone needs to teach him some southern hospitality! heh. I agree that it would not mean that much to me if we were winning, in fact I would look at it as a positive quality if we were winning more. Our guys need someone to light a fire under their asses (even if it mainly behind the scenes if so). But, those that have not fully bought into his system on the team could get tired of it quickly if we do not start being more successful.

I happen to be a big fan of Mr. Coop, and to hear Carlisle's response really made me lose a bit of respect there.

Last edited by Robillion; 03-24-2009 at 01:12 PM.
Robillion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 01:14 PM   #4
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

I was just really surprised when I heard the audio. That's not professional. You just don't do that.
Old 03-24-2009, 01:21 PM   #5
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, he's an ass. I don't hold that against him because a lot of professional coaches are asses. That being said, I think he crossed the line when he attacked Coop. Why go after the house man like that? If you're going to spit venom spit it at Galloway. He tends to go after the ones that walk on egg shells around him.
Old 03-24-2009, 01:23 PM   #6
Re-Dirk-ulous

Re-Dirk-ulous is a glorious beacon of lightRe-Dirk-ulous is a glorious beacon of lightRe-Dirk-ulous is a glorious beacon of lightRe-Dirk-ulous is a glorious beacon of lightRe-Dirk-ulous is a glorious beacon of lightRe-Dirk-ulous is a glorious beacon of lightRe-Dirk-ulous is a glorious beacon of light

That's Carlie for ya
Re-Dirk-ulous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 01:27 PM   #7
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

In general I don't really care how a coach is to the media, but I do agree with Dirno that him acting that was to Coop was ridiculous. It was painful. He sounded like a petulant little brat.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 01:33 PM   #8
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

That "huhuhuh" was pretty weak...

I'd love to hear Rick Carlisle and Christian Bale douche it up in a verbal sparring match...

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 03-24-2009 at 01:34 PM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 01:55 PM   #9
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

DirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
That "huhuhuh" was pretty weak...

I'd love to hear Rick Carlisle and Christian Bale douche it up in a verbal sparring match...
I smell a new death match...

Is this ghost ball??
DirkFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 01:56 PM   #10
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

He's been a douchebag to Norm before.

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 02:09 PM   #11
Just211
Platinum Member

Just211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to all

being a sarcastic prick myself, i dont mind it, but realize that it can rub many people the wrong way. But a lot of coaches are like this. something in there make up. But I'm sure its the reason he was run out of other places. BUT as long as he has his players on his side, and winning, its all good
Old 03-24-2009, 02:17 PM   #12
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

rabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond repute

Rickp?

watch your thoughts, they become your words
rabbitproof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 02:19 PM   #13
mkat
Platinum Member

mkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to behold

P-Rick....prick. lulz.
Old 03-24-2009, 02:20 PM   #14
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

I thought it was funny. Coop asked for it with that embarrassed little laugh he closed the question with.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 02:21 PM   #15
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Quote:
Rickp?
Sorry, it's a P1 joke.

Last edited by Flacolaco; 03-24-2009 at 02:21 PM.
Flacolaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 02:26 PM   #16
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

huhuhuhuh. ahh shut up. Is what he really meant.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 03:20 PM   #17
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mary View Post
He's been a douchebag to Norm before.
Norm is a douche to any caller that disagrees with him so I'm glad Carlisle was in that case.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 03:25 PM   #18
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

I don't know what kind of company you guys work for, but at mine we're not allowed to act like total dicks to people. If I were Cuban, I would tell him that he needs to cut that S out. He's been getting worse and worse about it, and I haven't seen him do anything that great to suggest he's irreplaceable.
Old 03-24-2009, 03:45 PM   #19
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco View Post
I don't know what kind of company you guys work for, but at mine we're not allowed to act like total dicks to people. If I were Cuban, I would tell him that he needs to cut that S out. He's been getting worse and worse about it, and I haven't seen him do anything that great to suggest he's irreplaceable.

On the other hand, If he had something to work with things (our record) may be different. I don't think his job security should be based on how he handles the medias stupid questions. I don't appreciate some of the answers and the way he talks to folks much either but he isn't gonna lose his job over it. I think RC won't be around here all that long anyway, my take is that as soon as a bigger name or better coach is available he will be replaced.

Old 03-24-2009, 03:55 PM   #20
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

I'm sorry, I didn't say that to suggest he should be fired....I was just trying to rationalize why pRick feels he can act that way with increasing regularity.

People act that way because they think they're awesome and they can do whatever they want, right? For someone in his position, I would think that means "I'm the coach, they need me, I don't need any of this BS and I'm too good for it".

And he isn't too good for it. Doing interviews is part of his job.

(obviously this isn't a big deal in any way....I was just trying to drum up some conversation around these parts. It's freaking dead around here.)

Last edited by Flacolaco; 03-24-2009 at 03:55 PM.
Flacolaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 03:59 PM   #21
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Nothing to see here, really. Just an arrogant coach in Dallas.
Old 03-24-2009, 06:04 PM   #22
Re-Dirk-ulous

Re-Dirk-ulous is a glorious beacon of lightRe-Dirk-ulous is a glorious beacon of lightRe-Dirk-ulous is a glorious beacon of lightRe-Dirk-ulous is a glorious beacon of lightRe-Dirk-ulous is a glorious beacon of lightRe-Dirk-ulous is a glorious beacon of lightRe-Dirk-ulous is a glorious beacon of light

I like when Avery Johnson said "don't stutter"
Re-Dirk-ulous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 08:29 PM   #23
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

Rick being an arse is a good thing.

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 08:50 PM   #24
AxdemxO
Diamond Member

AxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to behold

GO MAVS

"It feels disrespectful when you watch these shows, TNT, ESPN, and they're talking, 'Walk through the Mavericks, that's who you want to play," Terry said. "OK. We'll see if that's who you want to play."

........GO MAVS
AxdemxO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 08:53 PM   #25
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

Anyone have any good Popovich clips?
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 10:50 PM   #26
fluid.forty.one

Quote:
Originally Posted by alby View Post
Rick being an arse is a good thing.
I agree.. but his fake, condescending laugh in that clip made him sound very childish.
Old 03-24-2009, 11:02 PM   #27
Tokey41
Platinum Member

Tokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to behold

It's not like he's Shaq or anything. In fact sometimes I wish our players would take that mentality to the court, but I don't think its rubbed off on them.
Tokey41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 12:34 AM   #28
Thomas86
Golden Member

Thomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to all

If the Mavs don't make the playoffs Charlisle is gonna be gone anyway...the Mavs really wanted Flip Saunders but he got fired to late.

Last edited by Thomas86; 03-25-2009 at 12:35 AM.
Thomas86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 12:46 AM   #29
fluid.forty.one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas86 View Post

If the Mavs don't make the playoffs Charlisle is gonna be gone anyway...the Mavs really wanted Flip Saunders but he got fired to late.
While we're just pulling stuff out of our asses, the Mavs really wanted me but I just didn't want to commit to my first NBA team just yet.
Old 03-25-2009, 12:57 AM   #30
Thomas86
Golden Member

Thomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluid.forty.one View Post
While we're just pulling stuff out of our asses, the Mavs really wanted me but I just didn't want to commit to my first NBA team just yet.
you are trying to say the Mavs didn't want Flip Saunders before they hired Rick because I can find you the proof of it if you wonna take it there man?
Old 03-25-2009, 01:06 AM   #31
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
you are trying to say the Mavs didn't want Flip Saunders before they hired Rick because I can find you the proof of it if you wonna take it there man?
Just because you can find "proof" (and, by the way, you must have a pretty loose definition of the word) that the Mavs wanted to hire Saunders doesn't mean that they will fire Rick if the Mavs miss the playoffs.

I will bet you any sum of money you want (that I can afford) that the Mavs do not fire Carlisle after this season, regardless of how it ends.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 01:12 AM   #32
TheMaverick
Golden Member

TheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to behold

I don't want Saunders and his nervous tick anywhere near our team.

The Legendary Mavericks:
- Mark Aguirre
- Rolando Blackman
- Tom Cruise
- Jason Kidd
- Mel Gibson
- Michael Finley
- Dirk Nowitzki
- Jason Kidd (again)
- who's next?
TheMaverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 01:16 AM   #33
Thomas86
Golden Member

Default Mavs interested in Flip, but get Carlisle

[quote]Source: Dallas News

League tampering rules prohibit teams from contacting or talking about another team’s personnel, but an NBA source said Detroit’s Flip Saunders is believed to be a coach the Mavericks would have interest in should he part ways with the Pistons after the team’s playoff run.

That’s a step up from the Minnesota Golden Gophers. So, the Pistons continued success in the postseason keeps Flip from becoming Mark Cuban’s puppet. Anyhow, it’s gotta feel good for Flip to have his name to come up for a high-profile gig after all the bashings he takes when the ‘Stonz underwhelm the fans.

But then again…
If the Mavs had waited on Flip Saunders, only to find out that he wouldn’t end up being freed by Detroit, they might have lost out on “sure thing’’ Rick Carlisle. DallasBasketball.com learned late Friday that Carlisle will be the Mavs’ next head coach, and the dynamics involved in the availability of those two candidates is a primary reason why.

“It’s safe to say it’s going to happen,’’ a source told us late Friday. “Rick’s the guy.’’

Rick Carlisle is not the perfect pick. The Mavs know that.

This is not “Mr. Right.’’ This is “Mr. Right Now".[quote]

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcont...h.3935159.html

Last edited by Thomas86; 03-25-2009 at 01:18 AM.
Old 03-25-2009, 01:31 AM   #34
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Source: Dallas News

League tampering rules prohibit teams from contacting or talking about another team’s personnel, but an NBA source said Detroit’s Flip Saunders is believed to be a coach the Mavericks would have interest in should he part ways with the Pistons after the team’s playoff run.

That’s a step up from the Minnesota Golden Gophers. So, the Pistons continued success in the postseason keeps Flip from becoming Mark Cuban’s puppet. Anyhow, it’s gotta feel good for Flip to have his name to come up for a high-profile gig after all the bashings he takes when the ‘Stonz underwhelm the fans.

But then again…
If the Mavs had waited on Flip Saunders, only to find out that he wouldn’t end up being freed by Detroit, they might have lost out on “sure thing’’ Rick Carlisle. DallasBasketball.com learned late Friday that Carlisle will be the Mavs’ next head coach, and the dynamics involved in the availability of those two candidates is a primary reason why.

“It’s safe to say it’s going to happen,’’ a source told us late Friday. “Rick’s the guy.’’

Rick Carlisle is not the perfect pick. The Mavs know that.

This is not “Mr. Right.’’ This is “Mr. Right Now".

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcont...h.3935159.html
You're right. That's proof! You did it.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls

Last edited by LonghornDub; 03-25-2009 at 01:43 AM.
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 01:34 AM   #35
fluid.forty.one

*smacks head*
Old 03-25-2009, 01:44 AM   #36
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

GermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond repute

Norm is on thursday 5 pm CET or so, so I listened to his show several times. I must say, he´s talking too much and i don´t really like him. But Rick´s behavior was just unprofessional.
Old 03-25-2009, 10:14 AM   #37
SMC0007
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco View Post
I'm sorry, I didn't say that to suggest he should be fired....I was just trying to rationalize why pRick feels he can act that way with increasing regularity.

People act that way because they think they're awesome and they can do whatever they want, right? For someone in his position, I would think that means "I'm the coach, they need me, I don't need any of this BS and I'm too good for it".

And he isn't too good for it. Doing interviews is part of his job.

(obviously this isn't a big deal in any way....I was just trying to drum up some conversation around these parts. It's freaking dead around here.)

Well Norm is about to have pRC on soon so I guess we will see how he is today. Seems like he was ok when he first got here but now is annoyed at having to deal with interviews.

Old 03-25-2009, 11:43 AM   #38
SMC0007
Guru

http://www.thetwomangame.com/2009/03/rick-carlisle/

Last edited by SMC0007; 03-25-2009 at 11:43 AM.
Old 03-25-2009, 02:32 PM   #39
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Anyone listening to BAD radio? A friend of Donovan's e-mailed Cuban about Carlisle's behavior and the guy got a response the coach himself. Carlisle even sent his cell number and apologized personally.
Old 03-25-2009, 02:33 PM   #40
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Dangit I missed that...stupid meeting.

That's funny.