Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Old 02-27-2004, 04:39 PM   #1
Objective J

Objective J is on a distinguished road
Default Olden Polynice Available

I haven't seen Olden Polynice play lately, but I used to think he was serviceable. Has anyone heard whether the Mavs are interesting in picking him up?
Objective J is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-27-2004, 04:45 PM   #2
DIRK BRASIL

DIRK BRASIL is on a distinguished road
Default RE:Olden Polynice Available

Polynice? No way!
Old 02-27-2004, 04:49 PM   #3
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Olden Polynice Available

REALLY????!!!!!

Maybe we could talk about it in the Around the NBA Forum. [img]i/expressions/rolleye.gif[/img]
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2004, 04:53 PM   #4
PepperTheMavsFan41

PepperTheMavsFan41 is on a distinguished road

theres a reason hes available
I can kill cause in god I trust.
It's EVOLUTION baby.
PepperTheMavsFan41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2004, 04:53 PM   #5
Drbio
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by: PepperTheMavsFan41
theres a reason hes available
Sucks eggs.
Old 02-27-2004, 04:54 PM   #6
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally posted by: Drbio
REALLY????!!!!!

Maybe we could talk about it in the Around the NBA Forum. [img]i/expressions/rolleye.gif[/img]
Consider it moved.
Old 02-27-2004, 05:02 PM   #7
Drbio
Banned

LRB is faaaaaaast.
Old 02-27-2004, 05:04 PM   #8
Objective J

He looks pretty bad on paper, but he may make a good big body to throw out there during the playoffs. We would have to pray that he wouldn't touch the ball though. It looks like when he's not turning the ball over, he sucks at the free throw line. But 6'10" 250 lbs. Hard to see defense on paper, but he is an okay rebounder per minute.
Old 02-27-2004, 05:05 PM   #9
Drbio
Banned

Why the hell would you want a no talent stiff injected into this team right when they appear to be coming together as a cohesive unit?
Old 02-27-2004, 05:10 PM   #10
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

We have no need of Polynice's abilities on the Mavs. We have Scott Williams that does everything Polynice can do but better. He's not stronger and more physical than Fortson and can't alter a game defensively like Bradley. We can't afford to carry Bradley, Williams, Fortson AND PolyNice into the playoffs on our active roster. And I'd take Polynice 5th out of those 4 players every time.
Old 02-27-2004, 05:10 PM   #11
Objective J

I wouldn't. Maybe in a series against the Lakers he might come in handy as our third foul magnet off the bench. I am not sure that Fortson can fit that role. I definitely wouldn't give him minutes against any other team. Besides, I'm not married to the idea of picking him up, I just raise my eyebrows anytime a true center becomes available.
Old 02-27-2004, 05:11 PM   #12
Drbio
Banned

There is no room for a no talent slug on the Mavs. Polynice brings nothing to the table that the Mavs don't already have (the current Mavs are much better BTW).
Old 02-27-2004, 05:14 PM   #13
Objective J

Quote:
Originally posted by: LRB
We have no need of Polynice's abilities on the Mavs. We have Scott Williams that does everything Polynice can do but better. He's not stronger and more physical than Fortson and can't alter a game defensively like Bradley. We can't afford to carry Bradley, Williams, Fortson AND PolyNice into the playoffs on our active roster. And I'd take Polynice 5th out of those 4 players every time.
You are probably right, it would be hard to have four roster spots at that position for the playoffs. If push came to shove and I had to go into the playoffs with either Fortson or Polynice, it is a no brainer. Fortson gives us a lot more. Consider me all the way convinced that Polynice sucks.
Old 02-27-2004, 05:30 PM   #14
Drbio
Banned

Polynice wishes he could carry Fortsons jock.
Old 02-27-2004, 08:40 PM   #15
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Polynice wishes he could carry Fortsons jock....There is no room for a no talent slug on the Mavs.
now that is just mean......but it makes sense.....a slug could not carry a jock!
consider this post one more of the "negative" responces to the Polynice proposal.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2004, 01:42 AM   #16
jayC
Diamond Member

jayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nice

No way.
jayC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2004, 01:11 PM   #17
Objective J

Okay, so to recap, the consensus is:
No way, because he sucks eggs in addition to being a no talent slug who can't cary Fortson's stiff jock.

Fair enough.
Old 03-01-2004, 03:31 PM   #18
MikeB
Golden Member

MikeB has a spectacular aura aboutMikeB has a spectacular aura about

Oh and another thing...he's old too. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
MikeB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2004, 06:00 PM   #19
TheBaron

TheBaron is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Why the hell would you want a no talent stiff injected into this team right when they appear to be coming together as a cohesive unit?
short, sweet, and above all else-- true.

Oh boy!
TheBaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2004, 08:49 PM   #20
Psychedelic Fuzz
Platinum Member

Psychedelic Fuzz is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by: Objective J
Okay, so to recap, the consensus is:
No way, because he sucks eggs in addition to being a no talent slug who can't cary Fortson's stiff jock.

Fair enough.
exactly...next topic

Psychedelic Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2004, 08:55 PM   #21
OutletPass
Diamond Member

OutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really nice

Next up....a thread dedicated to acquiring Charles Oakley, Tyrone Hil and Chris Gatlingl. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]
Old 03-02-2004, 07:56 AM   #22
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

Hahaha... Thankfully, with the fine play of Scott Williams this season (he sure as heck earned his salary in taking out Duncan in that SA game), there's just no need for Officer Polynice's services in Dallas this year...

You cut him off? This seven foot "officer" is gonna pull you over, Biotchhh!!!
Old 03-02-2004, 03:07 PM   #23
Objective J

Quote:
Originally posted by: Evilmav2
Hahaha... Thankfully, with the fine play of Scott Williams this season (he sure as heck earned his salary in taking out Duncan in that SA game), there's just no need for Officer Polynice's services in Dallas this year...

You cut him off? This seven foot "officer" is gonna pull you over, Biotchhh!!!
Is this a joke? Either this is some retarded Utah Jazz promotion, or this officer is a lot worse than I thought. If he is or was actually a police officer, I should receive lashes for starting this thread.
Old 03-03-2004, 04:29 PM   #24
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
For the second time in two months, Utah Jazz center Olden Polynice has been charged with impersonating a police officer in a conflict with another motorist. In a separate case, Polynice was charged last month after a West Valley City couple accused him of chasing them to their home and flashing an apparent police badge on Oct. 28. In a misdemeanor complaint filed Friday, Mark and Patti Schneller said they were driving downtown Sept. 13 when a car sped past them and almost hit them. Mark Schneller responded by making a rude gesture, prompting the other car to stop. The driver, identified by the Schnellers as Polynice, flashed a badge and said: "I'm with the California Sheriff's Office and I can have you arrested," according to prosecutors. Polynice has said he carries an honorary police badge from the Los Angeles Police Department. In the October case, Polynice was charged with impersonating a police officer and disorderly conduct after an argument broke out and Polynice flashed the badge. The couple didn't recognize the 7-foot man as a Jazz player but wrote down his license plate, allowing investigators to track him down. In that incident, Polynice told authorities he was cut off in traffic. The maximum punishment for impersonating a police officer is six months in jail and a $1,850 fine.

-ESPN, December 8, 2000
Officer Polynice's Second Offense
Old 03-04-2004, 06:29 PM   #25
Objective J

Oh my God, this guy is a complete jack*ss. I apologize to the entire group for this thread. From now on, I will check for prior policeman impersonation indictments prior to posting player pick up proposals.
Old 03-23-2004, 05:54 PM   #26
giantbenmav

giantbenmav is on a distinguished road

he must of looked like the big guy in Naked Gun...........

Go MAVS!!!!
giantbenmav is offline   Reply With Quote