Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 12-16-2009, 11:25 PM   #1
nowhereman
Diamond Member

nowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond repute
Default 19-7: Mavs beat OKC 100-86, win 5th in a row

Mavs kinda toyed with the Thunder until laying the hammer down late. From the time Damp was reinserted in the 4th, the Mavs went from down 4 to their margin of victory. They improve to 10-4 on the road. Dirk was a beast again tonight, snapping out of a 2 game shooting slump.

I only caught the last half, so I will let you guys do the talking.

Quote:
RT @TyLawson3 Good game between Dallas and Portland. Good thing we didn't end up getting Dallas. Coach Karl lost his mind.

Last edited by nowhereman; 12-16-2009 at 11:27 PM.
nowhereman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-16-2009, 11:33 PM   #2
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

I have been a Barea basher for a lot of the year. But Barea is playing better than Terry lately. A lot better. Terry has been so awful, I wish Carlisle would insert **anyone** over him. Terry can't hit a thing. He isn't getting to the line. (Btw if he gets to the line in the fourth quarter, I cringe because he usually misses crucial free throws.) He doesn't defend or rebound.

He has been as useless as tits on a boar hog.
Bayliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 11:34 PM   #3
conjurer

conjurer is a name known to allconjurer is a name known to allconjurer is a name known to allconjurer is a name known to allconjurer is a name known to allconjurer is a name known to allconjurer is a name known to allconjurer is a name known to all

CLUTCH CITAAAAYYYYYYY²

conjurer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 11:34 PM   #4
badfish22
Golden Member

badfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant future

Good win. Another day in the office for Dirk. Ditto for Kidd. Both are just great.

I feel bad for Marion. He plays great D all game, hustles on the offensive glass and attacks the hoop, yet he gets benched in crunch time for the brick shooting Jason Terry.

BEAT LA
badfish22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 11:44 PM   #5
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Dirk played some monster defense.

Last edited by fluid.forty.one; 12-16-2009 at 11:44 PM.
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 11:58 PM   #6
Thomas86
Golden Member

Thomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by badfish22 View Post
Good win. Another day in the office for Dirk. Ditto for Kidd. Both are just great.

I feel bad for Marion. He plays great D all game, hustles on the offensive glass and attacks the hoop, yet he gets benched in crunch time for the brick shooting Jason Terry.
I don't think Marion cared because he got to rest his ankle and yea Terry was just chucking up shots in the entire game.
Thomas86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 12:01 AM   #7
aurelino9

aurelino9 is a name known to allaurelino9 is a name known to allaurelino9 is a name known to allaurelino9 is a name known to allaurelino9 is a name known to allaurelino9 is a name known to allaurelino9 is a name known to allaurelino9 is a name known to allaurelino9 is a name known to all

I forget, which OKC player got punked on an out-of-bounds play in which Kidd threw the ball off the back of the player, got it back, penetrated baseline and dropped it off to Damp who got fouled ?
That was a playground move.
aurelino9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 12:04 AM   #8
xrobx
Diamond Member

xrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond repute

i don't remember either, i think it was thabo sefolosha, either way it was awesome.
xrobx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 12:09 AM   #9
mavErika
Golden Member

mavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant future

Rob Mahoney wrote that piece already after the NO-game and most of it got posted in the respective postgame-thread, but it's so fitting to what the Mavs displayed again tonight, that I thought I just repeat part of it:
Quote:
It’s not as if Dallas had complete control, but perhaps that’s what keeps a veteran team like the Mavs intrigued with the possibilities. Rather than eliminate the suspense by taking care of business, Dallas insists on flaunting their vulnerability. The offense falls off track, the pick and roll defense breaks down, and the rebounding effort disappears. It’s so clever a ruse that even the Mavs themselves are fooled into desperation, a desperation that only fuels the comeback fire of their opponents. What was once a safe victory is now a matter of clutch execution and timing. Dirk Nowitzki unleashes his wrath, as every jab step and pump fake is like an expertly planned chess move. Jason Kidd rules the floor with his precision, placing every pass exactly where it needs to be and playing the angles on defense. And Jason Terry bides his time, licking his chops at the chance to rip a team’s heart out.

These, ladies and gents, are the 2009-’10 Dallas Mavericks. They want you to think you have a chance, and they’re ready to break your spirit.
http://www.thetwomangame.com/2009/12...ns-hornets-90/
mavErika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 12:43 AM   #10
iella
Golden Member

iella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayliss View Post
Terry has been so awful, I wish Carlisle would insert **anyone** over him. Terry can't hit a thing. He isn't getting to the line. (Btw if he gets to the line in the fourth quarter, I cringe because he usually misses crucial free throws.) He doesn't defend or rebound.
Terry had two free throws toward the end of the game, when we were up by 10 or so. I turned to my husband and said, "He's going to make both of these because the game's not on the line."

Sure enough, 2 for 2.
iella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 01:00 AM   #11
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

in fairness to Jet he's hit some huge shots this year and throughout his career. he even hit two clutch free throws the other night. he's always been a streak shooter and always has the toughest adjustment when J-Ho returns from an injury. this typically happens. he'll settle in soon. and his D is better. he played nice on ball D against Felton. Felton got his but Jet made him work and was even picking 3/4 court pressure at times.
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 01:10 AM   #12
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Dirk and Kidd and Damp have been OUTSTANDING. we could still use another big with quicks to matchup with Denver, LA, etc...
and personally i'd love to see another scorer off the bench. JJB has been great. if he can keep this up we're all right. we have such nice chemistry going it's risky to add to the mix. but this team seems to fall apart when Kidd leaves the game. that needs to be solved. not sure we have the pieces to get both a back-up point and center. any suggestions?
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 01:22 AM   #13
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by iella View Post
Terry had two free throws toward the end of the game, when we were up by 10 or so. I turned to my husband and said, "He's going to make both of these because the game's not on the line."

Sure enough, 2 for 2.
Wow. Talk about "damned if you do and damned if you don't".
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 01:22 AM   #14
xrobx
Diamond Member

xrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by iella View Post

Sure enough, 2 for 2.
he was two for two with the game on the line against new orleans on monday
xrobx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 03:03 AM   #15
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

I love the trend around here of finding the player to shit on after a win. First it was Barea and his defense, then Gooden and his bball IQ, now Terry and his poor shooting. If we were losing a bunch of games then fire away....but seriously....find something better to do.

Go Mavs.

Last edited by DevinHarriswillstart; 12-17-2009 at 03:03 AM.
DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 04:40 AM   #16
left texas
Golden Member

left texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond repute

Nice win, Dirk is a monster!
left texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 06:10 AM   #17
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
I love the trend around here of finding the player to shit on after a win. First it was Barea and his defense, then Gooden and his bball IQ, now Terry and his poor shooting. If we were losing a bunch of games then fire away....but seriously....find something better to do.

Go Mavs.
It's a sports message board, no?

If players are doing poorly, you wouldn't expect someone to point it out?

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 06:11 AM   #18
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by aurelino9 View Post
I forget, which OKC player got punked on an out-of-bounds play in which Kidd threw the ball off the back of the player, got it back, penetrated baseline and dropped it off to Damp who got fouled ?
That happened to the Mavs a couple of years back. I want to say it was Dirk, and that it happened against Golden State.

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 08:01 AM   #19
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Glass half full:

The Mavs are playing quality basketball despite missing Josh most of the season (and Josh is still knocking off massive amounts of rust) and Jet playing worse than he's ever played as a Mav.

Glass half empty:

We're almost a third of the way through the season. You can now (imo) legitimately start to ask if Jet is ever going to get it turned around this season. And make no mistake; the Mavs do absolutely nothing in the playoffs with Jet playing like this (barring a big trade).

As for tonight, Dirk was obviously fantastic. I chose to watch the game on ESPN tonight and they were lavishing him with praise all night.

After Dirk, the performances didn't really standout offensively. Where the Mavs obviously won this game was on the defensive side.

I'll mention this again: It's becoming absolutely routine for us to make life miserable for the primary offensive weapon on the other team. Wade put up a good slash line but he took a ton of shots to get his points. Tonight Durant was completely shut down, mainly by Marion.

I saw a comment by someone on a baseball board earlier this week that Marion is "frustratingly sucky", and it was met with general agreement. I really hope that this is not the prevailing notion of the less informed Mavs fan, because Shawn Marion has been absolutely fantastic for this team and is not getting nearly enough credit outside of this board for what he's done to this defense.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com

Last edited by jthig32; 12-17-2009 at 08:02 AM.
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 08:08 AM   #20
darkwitzki
Golden Member

darkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by aurelino9 View Post

I believed Kidd did that to Dirk during an allstar game, correct me if i'm wrong.
Old 12-17-2009, 08:10 AM   #21
Jon Avalon
Platinum Member

Jon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkwitzki View Post
I believed Kidd did that to Dirk during an allstar game, correct me if i'm wrong.
Yep he did
Old 12-17-2009, 08:39 AM   #22
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

No

dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 09:22 AM   #23
dirt_dobber
Diamond Member

dirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond repute

.................................................. ...DALLAS................OKLAHOMA CITY
Points............................................ ...100...........................86
FG Made-Attempted.................36-73 (.493)...............34-81 (.420)
3P Made-Attempted...................7-13 (.538).................4-17 (.235)
FT Made-Attempted.................21-26 (.808)...............14-23 (.609)
Rebounds (Offensive-Total)...............7-40.......................15-45
Assists........................................... ...20............................17
Turnovers......................................... 13............................14
Steals............................................ .....7.............................6
Blocks............................................ ....5.............................4
Fast Break Points...............................5............ ..................5
Fouls (Tech/Flagrant).....................16 (0/0)....................19 (0/0)
Largest Lead....................................14........ ......................9

dirt_dobber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 09:25 AM   #24
tsar

tsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to behold

Did anyone notice how much JHo's passing has improved since he's been back? I know there's still a lot of rust but it seems like his court vision has improved tremendously. His defense has also been GREAT: JHo + Marion = Shutdown.
Old 12-17-2009, 09:38 AM   #25
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluid.forty.one View Post
Dirk played some monster defense.
33. Ray Allen (20,032 points)
34. Dirk Nowitzki (19,784 points)
35. John Stockton (19,711 points)

Hmm....Ray and the Dirkster are 248 points apart. The dirkster is averaging...26.9 ppg while Allen is averaging 15.5.... a delta of 11.4 ppg with 56 games to go.

Soooo..if the averages hold then the dirkster could score 638 more points than Allen this year catching him. Nice...Go get 'em dirkster...
Old 12-17-2009, 09:40 AM   #26
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsar View Post
Did anyone notice how much JHo's passing has improved since he's been back? I know there's still a lot of rust but it seems like his court vision has improved tremendously. His defense has also been GREAT: JHo + Marion = Shutdown.
Good catch and yes. I've been very pleased.
Old 12-17-2009, 09:45 AM   #27
Rick41
Diamond Member

Rick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394 View Post
No

Its more like.... GTFO here!!

"Dirk Nowitzki is now a household name in every locker room in this world.
You say it in Brazil, you say Dirk, they know Nowitzki. You say it in China,
they know Nowitzki. Kobe, Michael, DIRK." - Jeff Van Gundy
Rick41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 11:59 AM   #28
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Usually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
We're almost a third of the way through the season. You can now (imo) legitimately start to ask if Jet is ever going to get it turned around this season. And make no mistake; the Mavs do absolutely nothing in the playoffs with Jet playing like this (barring a big trade)..
JET had a good November. As always, he'll be a few weeks hitting, and a few weeks slumping. And as always, we can only hope that he'll be hitting for the few weeks of the playoffs (or that we get to play Houston every round).
Usually Lurkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 12:01 PM   #29
dirt_dobber
Diamond Member

dirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond repute
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394 View Post
33. Ray Allen (20,032 points)
34. Dirk Nowitzki (19,784 points)
35. John Stockton (19,711 points)

Hmm....Ray and the Dirkster are 248 points apart. The dirkster is averaging...26.9 ppg while Allen is averaging 15.5.... a delta of 11.4 ppg with 56 games to go.

Soooo..if the averages hold then the dirkster could score 638 more points than Allen this year catching him. Nice...Go get 'em dirkster...
and to think Ray began his career in 1996
Dirk 1998
dirt_dobber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 12:26 PM   #30
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usually Lurkin View Post
JET had a good November. As always, he'll be a few weeks hitting, and a few weeks slumping. And as always, we can only hope that he'll be hitting for the few weeks of the playoffs (or that we get to play Houston every round).
I dunno. For the year he's significantly off his normal shooting numbers. I don't think this is his normal inconsistency (which you're overstating).

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 12:26 PM   #31
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

good win by the good guys
MavsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 01:13 PM   #32
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Usually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I dunno. For the year he's significantly off his normal shooting numbers. I don't think this is his normal inconsistency (which you're overstating).
He averaged 50% in November from 2 and 36% from 3. (if we go from 11/4 to 12/4 hes at 51% and 40%). He was 38% and 39% in the playoffs last year.
Usually Lurkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 02:04 PM   #33
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
His 3PT percentage on the year is down, but his FG% isn't that far off. It's at 43% right now. He's around, what 47% in a good year?

I think he'll be fine. He needs to get the 3-ball going, but fortunately Dirk is shooting it much better than last year, and Kidd is once again tearing it up from out there.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 02:07 PM   #34
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Jet is playing defense though. He had a key steal against Harden in the 4th quarter. I think he is doing other things than just scoring this season.

It sucks when players go through slumps, but I don't see any worry with Terry at this point. If Howard can pick up the scoring slack, then we just need Terry to keep hitting clutch shots.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 02:31 PM   #35
vinylstar

vinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud of

JET always has stretches like this...you just live with it as we have for years. Whoever said the mavs need the JET to be on during the playoffs is 100% right. If he's hitting his shots during the playoffs, the mavs will be a very very difficult out. If he can string together 2 mos of good shooting, I don't see any limitations for this team. If not, I don't think even The Diggler could single handedly will them to the conf finals.
vinylstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 03:27 PM   #36
horse900703
Diamond Member

horse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud of

Dirk,Dirk,Dirk and Dirk.
horse900703 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 04:06 PM   #37
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirt_dobber View Post
and to think Ray began his career in 1996
Dirk 1998
I'm sure the GP's are probably about the same. Ray's been hurt an awful lot pre Boston.
Kidd Karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 04:06 PM   #38
LSMF
Diamond Member

LSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond repute

Richard Jefferson: Sinking the Spurs
By Alex McVeigh

When you think about it, Richard Jefferson was brought to the San Antonio Spurs and asked to do the impossible: combat father time.

After all, more than a decade of deep playoff runs has taken its toll on Tim Duncan, and Manu Ginobili and even young buck Tony Parker have proven that they are not immune to the injury bug either.

So they traded for Richard Jefferson, with an aged Bruce Bowen as the only loss of consequence, and they added a player who is capable of adding everything that Bowen gave them, and more.

After all, as long as Richard Jefferson could hit the corner three and defend, that would negate the loss of Bowen.

On paper, this put the Spurs right up there with the Lakers as the teams to beat in the Western conference, and most of the talking heads were split something like 60-40 on who would win the West, the Lakers or Spurs.

But that’s why the games are played. Because the Spurs are currently at 13-10, which is good for second in the Southwest and seventh place in the West.

As last season’s first round series with the Mavericks showed, the Spurs were sorely lacking in the athleticism department. The fact that they lost to the Mavericks, who were then even more out-athleticized by the Denver Nuggets, really shows the bind they were in.

But Richard Jefferson has basically been a black hole for them on offense, and given that the usually defensively minded Spurs are giving up 97.2 points per game, good for only 10th in the NBA.

Looking from afar, it just doesn’t seem to make sense. After all, how can there be such a drop-off from from glorified role player Bowen to 20 PPG scorer Jefferson.

Take a look at the stats, Jefferson is having his worst career scoring-wise since the started playing starter’s minutes. He’s shooting less than he ever has as a starter, and while his FG% and three-point percentage is okay, his free throw shooting is abysmal.

Simply put, he hasn’t become the offensive playmaker the Spurs wanted and needed him to be. He’s only cracked 20 points four times, and scored in the single digits eight times.

With Manu Ginobili battling ankle injuries, Tim Duncan having lost a step or two, Jefferson was supposed to be the stopgap to keep the Spurs’ window open another season or two.

Tim Duncan has been playing great this year, and could be a legit MVP candidate if the Spurs were to claim a top-four seed in the West. Matt Bonner, yes Matt Bonner, has been having a career year, giving the Spurs value from what was supposed to have been a guy to eat up minutes in the frontcourt.

Even DeJuan Blair, in limited minutes, is showing enough to make almost every team sorry they passed on him. But the Spurs are still struggling.

Against the Suns the other night, Jefferson was riding the pine during crunch time, as Roger Mason Jr. took his spot on the floor. I’m a big Roger Mason fan, and I think he should be on the floor at crunch time fi you’re down, but the fact that this journeyman role player was given the minutes over the Spurs biggest trade acquisition in recent memory?

Not a good sign.

Now, there is still hope for the Spurs. After all, there’s a reason that Jefferson is a career 17 PPG scorer. The fact that he’s still young (29), and is four points off that average is troubling, but a regression to the mean is possible. In his case, it wouldn’t be a regression, more of a progression.

Last edited by LSMF; 12-17-2009 at 04:07 PM.
LSMF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 04:08 PM   #39
LSMF
Diamond Member

LSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond repute

Lol remember when Richard Jefferson was supposed to be better than Shawn Marion, lol spurs
Old 12-17-2009, 04:08 PM   #40
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidd Karma View Post
I'm sure the GP's are probably about the same. Ray's been hurt an awful lot pre Boston.

Well I was only off by 101 games. Jesus 966 and Dirk 865.
Kidd Karma is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
postgame 09/10