Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 02-27-2008, 04:20 PM   #1
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future
Default Celtics close to signing P.J. Brown

According to the Boston Globe:

C's may land Brown
Email|Link|Comments (0) Posted by Marc J. Spears, Globe Staff February 27, 2008 01:56 PM
The Celtics appear to be close to adding free agent forward P.J. Brown to their roster.

Brown's agent, Mark Bartelstein, acknowledged it is "possible" that Brown could be a Celtic soon.

The 38-year-old Brown, who has been courted to return to his home state team, the New Orleans Hornets, has been inactive this season.

The Celtics have two roster spots to fill before Friday's playoff eligible deadline. The Celtics hope to land veteran guard Sam Cassell if he is bought out by the Clippers.

Brown, who has 14 years of experience, would bring needed depth in the frontline. The 6-foot-11 forward is known for his rebounding and tough interior defense. He averages 9.2 points and 7.8 rebounds per game for his career. He also would brings much-needed playoff experience, with 81 games under his belt with the four franchises he has played for, most recently as a member of the Chicago Bulls

Link: http://www.boston.com/sports/basketb..._land_bro.html

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

-Miami paper on Dirk Nowitzki
Dirkenstien is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-27-2008, 04:22 PM   #2
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Damn the Celtics just keep getting deeper and deeper. They're getting Cassell as well correct? Wow. You have to like for them win the East though the Pistons will put up a fight.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 04:25 PM   #3
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future

If Cassell can get bought out by Saturday then all sources point to him heavily favoring going to the Celtics.

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

Old 02-27-2008, 04:27 PM   #4
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Not sure why they go after PJ or Cassell though. Rondo has been playing great and Powe and Big Baby have been showing signs of potential. I guess Cassell and PJ bring the much needed post season experience and I guess that's what the Celtics are going for rather than depth.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 05:28 PM   #5
BigD

BigD is infamous around these partsBigD is infamous around these partsBigD is infamous around these partsBigD is infamous around these partsBigD is infamous around these partsBigD is infamous around these partsBigD is infamous around these partsBigD is infamous around these partsBigD is infamous around these partsBigD is infamous around these parts

I wonder if he would still be open to coming to Dallas. He would be a perfect backup for Dirk and Damp.

Dallas Cowboys Fans visit www.cowboyscentral.com
BigD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 05:38 PM   #6
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

I'm sure the Celtic's reasoning for going after Brown is due to their lack of size at the back-up center spot.

Old 02-27-2008, 05:46 PM   #7
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigD
I wonder if he would still be open to coming to Dallas. He would be a perfect backup for Dirk and Damp.
PJ? No thanks. We already got Magloire.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 05:52 PM   #8
BigD

BigD is infamous around these partsBigD is infamous around these partsBigD is infamous around these partsBigD is infamous around these partsBigD is infamous around these partsBigD is infamous around these partsBigD is infamous around these partsBigD is infamous around these partsBigD is infamous around these partsBigD is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thespiralgoeson
PJ? No thanks. We already got Magloire.
He would be a better backup PF than Bass though. Also he would be great insurance at the center position.

Dallas Cowboys Fans visit www.cowboyscentral.com
BigD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 05:58 PM   #9
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

It's a done deal. P.J Brown is going to the Celtics:

Celtics Sign P.J. Brown
BOSTON - The Boston Celtics announced today that they have signed center-forward P.J. Brown. Per team policy, terms of the deal were not disclosed.

Brown, a 6'11", 239 pound forward, will be entering his 15th year in the NBA. Brown played for the Chicago Bulls during the 2006-07 season and averaged 6.1 points to go along with 4.8 rebounds in 20.2 minutes per game. The Louisiana Tech product has career averages of 9.2 points, 7.8 rebounds in 31.4 minutes per game. Brown has appeared in 81 career playoff games and has posted an average of 8.4 points and 7.9 rebounds per game in over 2,500 career postseason minutes played.

LINK

Old 02-27-2008, 06:11 PM   #10
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkenstien
It's a done deal. P.J Brown is going to the Celtics:

Celtics Sign P.J. Brown
BOSTON - The Boston Celtics announced today that they have signed center-forward P.J. Brown. Per team policy, terms of the deal were not disclosed.

Brown, a 6'11", 239 pound forward, will be entering his 15th year in the NBA. Brown played for the Chicago Bulls during the 2006-07 season and averaged 6.1 points to go along with 4.8 rebounds in 20.2 minutes per game. The Louisiana Tech product has career averages of 9.2 points, 7.8 rebounds in 31.4 minutes per game. Brown has appeared in 81 career playoff games and has posted an average of 8.4 points and 7.9 rebounds per game in over 2,500 career postseason minutes played.

LINK

Kinda figured that would happen - I was hoping he'd come here, but I think Mags is a better fit in hindsight...

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 06:13 PM   #11
Janett_Reno
Platinum Member

Janett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to all

PJ has always been good but i have watched Webber a little and he looks terrible. Mutombo last night looked like a young Shaq comparred to the old out of shape Webber. It makes me wonder how is PJ Brown and what kind of shape he is in.

Poe has impressed me also and you would hate to take time from him but i know in the past Brown has been really good(if he can still play). Rondo looks good. It is going to be a war in the east and west. Detroit, Celts and Cavs are stacked. Detroit needs to dodge the Cavs and not play them as Lebron has had there number the last two years.
Janett_Reno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 06:16 PM   #12
StackAttack
Platinum Member

StackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud of

...Didn't PJ's agent say, like, last week that he's not interested in taking a basketball court again?
Old 02-27-2008, 06:19 PM   #13
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by StackAttack
...Didn't PJ's agent say, like, last week that he's not interested in taking a basketball court again?
If I've learned anything the past couple weeks, it's that agents & owners lie for a living...

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 06:29 PM   #14
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog
If I've learned anything the past couple weeks, it's that agents & owners lie for a living...
yup.

"I dont want to play any more" means either "pay me lots" or "dont bug me, I just want a free ring"
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 06:39 PM   #15
horse900703
Diamond Member

horse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud of

THEY DONT NEED ANY PLAYERS~~~
horse900703 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 06:53 PM   #16
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

Great pick up for them. I'd rather have him than Magloire but at least he's out of the West.

If they can get Cassell as well that would be a crime.
Old 02-27-2008, 08:52 PM   #17
Janett_Reno
Platinum Member

Janett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to all

But we have Magloire and we are proud. I thought at one time i would have liked Webber but he is alot worse than Juwan Howard. I wouldn't mind having Barry. Maybe he will come on over. Celts are good regardless.
Janett_Reno is offline   Reply With Quote