Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 02-21-2008, 01:12 AM   #1
antoinewalker
Golden Member

antoinewalker is a jewel in the roughantoinewalker is a jewel in the roughantoinewalker is a jewel in the roughantoinewalker is a jewel in the rough
Default bobby jackson traded to the houston rockets.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/5557975.html
antoinewalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-21-2008, 01:17 AM   #2
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

The fun never ends... (begins?)

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 01:25 AM   #3
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Wow...weird move for the hornets... Bobby Jackson's shooting is one of the reasons they are so scary. Maybe he's real streaky or CP doesn't like him. that'd do it.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 01:26 AM   #4
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Poor Mike James. He just can't seem to stick anywhere.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 02:15 AM   #5
Dortmund

Dortmund will become famous soon enoughDortmund will become famous soon enough

Good trade for Hornets...
Old 02-21-2008, 02:25 AM   #6
sbibi

sbibi is a jewel in the roughsbibi is a jewel in the roughsbibi is a jewel in the roughsbibi is a jewel in the rough

thats

Last edited by u2sarajevo; 02-21-2008 at 01:16 PM.
sbibi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 02:56 AM   #7
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

Terrible, terrible trade. I watch these dumb Rockets fairly often because I live in Houston, and I have to say that even though Mike James has been a waste of a roster spot this season for Houston, Bonzi has been a big part of their recent resurgence, and I'll bet my bum nickel that trading him away for an injury-crippled, near-has-been like BJax is going to leave the decrepit Rockets out of the playoffs, or as a flaccid #8 or #7 seed speed bump for their Western conference betters...

I'm happy the Rockets made this trade, because I detest both the city of Houston as well as it's professional basketball franchise, but I'd say the dumb Rockets would have been much better off keeping Bonzi and his fire, and instead of bringing in roster trash like Jackson, and they would have been similarly better off had they committed to rely upon the surprisingly heady, and developing play of Aaron Brooks to bolster the admittedly alarming, shoddy play of starting point guard Skip to my Toilet-Loo Rafer Alston instead. BJax is a finished, broken, and worthless shell of a player, but I guess, at least there is a silver lining on this turd of a trade for Houston fans, in that the fella's contract will be expiring in '08-09, and should thusly prove to be a moderately valuable trading commodity next season. But honestly... are expiring contracts the kinds of assets that a team supposedly fighting for playoff positioning, and that holds aspirations of being a championship contending squad should be trading for?

I think no, and my bet is that this trade will end up being just the first in a series of rebuilding trades that will surely and inevitably see Mr. McGrady leaving H-town, and will just as surely end up squandering away a big chunk of the prime of Yao's career, as the Rocket's front-office flounders and flails away with crappy trades, incompetently trying to buttress themselves against the inevitable doom of .500 basketball purgatory...

Last edited by Evilmav2; 02-21-2008 at 03:02 AM.
Evilmav2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 04:02 AM   #8
scorched03

scorched03 is a jewel in the roughscorched03 is a jewel in the roughscorched03 is a jewel in the roughscorched03 is a jewel in the roughscorched03 is a jewel in the rough

wow. worst trade in a few days.
scorched03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 04:39 AM   #9
mqywaaah
Diamond Member

mqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant future

Yeah, you said it. I wish though that we sign someone soon, some big one.

Follow me on Twitter http://twitter.com/gloriosomacky
mqywaaah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 07:32 AM   #10
StackAttack
Platinum Member

StackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud of

...Isn't Jackson shooting like 37%?
Old 02-21-2008, 09:40 AM   #11
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

Man, this trade makes sense for both clubs.

Bobby Jackson is a 6th man who shoots 3's. Houston needed an outside shooter. They have TMac for a slasher.

Bonzi is more of a slasher. NO needs more slashers, they have Peja for a shooter.

I can see where both teams made this trade, and how both may be better for it.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 09:45 AM   #12
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future

I think this is a solid trade for both teams but I have a feeling Bonzi is going to suffer a bit of a weight problem in NO this off-season.

IMO, both teams improved from this trade.

Shees. The West is crazy.

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

-Miami paper on Dirk Nowitzki
Dirkenstien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 09:47 AM   #13
mcsluggo
Golden Member

mcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant future

I don't understand the (general) reaction on this board, at all.

Bjax is basically done (I am a King's fan, and he was GREAT.... a loooong time ago). It seems like a cheap, skinflint way for houston to dump Mike James (because he is a dispruptive influence?) but why trade Bonzi, who they will NEED in the off-chance that Tmac somehow mannages to pull up lame sometime with some type of injury (I know, I know--- it'll never happen). If they don't like James, sit him. send him home. DON"T shed an asset to ship him off??!!

a steal by the Hornets, in my opinion.
mcsluggo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 09:48 AM   #14
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

Why couldn't they have made this trade BEFORE last night's game?
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 09:54 AM   #15
DelNegro

DelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to all

This move is all about Houston wanting to get under the luxury tax. Nothing more.
DelNegro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 11:02 AM   #16
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
Diamond Member

MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant future

Bobby Jackson was shooting pretty well against us last night, and then he's gone. Sounds good to me don't fear the Rockets.
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 11:15 AM   #17
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkadirkastan
Why couldn't they have made this trade BEFORE last night's game?
;P

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."
ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 11:16 AM   #18
AxdemxO
Diamond Member

AxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to behold

Mann why cant we get Bonziii...the guy is playing great again and looks to be in reall good shape. maybe Adelman liked Jackson in Sacramento better thn Bonzi and whn he saw the opportunity to get him to Housten he took it...but come On Bonzziiiii...the guy would be gera on out team

"It feels disrespectful when you watch these shows, TNT, ESPN, and they're talking, 'Walk through the Mavericks, that's who you want to play," Terry said. "OK. We'll see if that's who you want to play."

........GO MAVS
AxdemxO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 11:22 AM   #19
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

I think it's a good trade for both teams. Both gave up a little of something but gained somewhere else.

Houston needed a 3pt threat off the bench and Jackson will supply that. He'll get plenty of open looks when Yao is doubled or McGrady drives and kicks out.

New Orleans needed some depth because the bench was pretty thin. Wells and James will provide some leadership and depth for them now.
Old 02-21-2008, 12:03 PM   #20
haywoodjay

haywoodjay is infamous around these partshaywoodjay is infamous around these partshaywoodjay is infamous around these partshaywoodjay is infamous around these parts

absolutely hated this deal when i heard about it last night.... i'd rather not mess with the team's [rockets] chemistry the way we've been playing lately, especially a significant rotation player like bonzi. but this deal does open up a pretty good amount of cap space next year (and gets us under luxury tax), and at the same time does give us a (((((decent))))) backup PG/SG.

something a lot of people are overlooking is what this could mean for carl landry.... he's been a very, very welcome surprise on this roster and bonzi leaving will most definitely give him a significant boost in minutes. i really think he's a phenomenal player with a lot of upside - hustles, grabs boards, solid d, explosive, and has a good mid-range jumper which a lot of people seem to forget about.... if landry can continue his solid play with an increase in playing time, we may miss bonzi a lot less than many people are thinking.

Last edited by haywoodjay; 02-21-2008 at 12:04 PM.
haywoodjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 12:07 PM   #21
antoinewalker
Golden Member

antoinewalker is a jewel in the roughantoinewalker is a jewel in the roughantoinewalker is a jewel in the roughantoinewalker is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by StackAttack
...Isn't Jackson shooting like 37%?
yeah, his fg% is almost as bad as jason kidd's.
antoinewalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 02:13 PM   #22
DOMINATOR

DOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evilmav2
Terrible, terrible trade. I watch these dumb Rockets fairly often because I live in Houston, and I have to say that even though Mike James has been a waste of a roster spot this season for Houston, Bonzi has been a big part of their recent resurgence, and I'll bet my bum nickel that trading him away for an injury-crippled, near-has-been like BJax is going to leave the decrepit Rockets out of the playoffs, or as a flaccid #8 or #7 seed speed bump for their Western conference betters...

I'm happy the Rockets made this trade, because I detest both the city of Houston as well as it's professional basketball franchise, but I'd say the dumb Rockets would have been much better off keeping Bonzi and his fire, and instead of bringing in roster trash like Jackson, and they would have been similarly better off had they committed to rely upon the surprisingly heady, and developing play of Aaron Brooks to bolster the admittedly alarming, shoddy play of starting point guard Skip to my Toilet-Loo Rafer Alston instead. BJax is a finished, broken, and worthless shell of a player, but I guess, at least there is a silver lining on this turd of a trade for Houston fans, in that the fella's contract will be expiring in '08-09, and should thusly prove to be a moderately valuable trading commodity next season. But honestly... are expiring contracts the kinds of assets that a team supposedly fighting for playoff positioning, and that holds aspirations of being a championship contending squad should be trading for?

I think no, and my bet is that this trade will end up being just the first in a series of rebuilding trades that will surely and inevitably see Mr. McGrady leaving H-town, and will just as surely end up squandering away a big chunk of the prime of Yao's career, as the Rocket's front-office flounders and flails away with crappy trades, incompetently trying to buttress themselves against the inevitable doom of .500 basketball purgatory...
you must not watch that much because bonzi hasn't done much during this streak and he only produces with major minutes. Scola has been a big part of the streak averaging double digit scoring.

bobby jackson is shooting bad this season and he is the same player as luther head.

this is obviously a salary dump. (like already mentioned)
Old 02-21-2008, 02:44 PM   #23
haywoodjay

haywoodjay is infamous around these partshaywoodjay is infamous around these partshaywoodjay is infamous around these partshaywoodjay is infamous around these parts

rockets just picked up gerald green from the twolves for snyder.

nba title, here we come!!!!
haywoodjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 03:25 PM   #24
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future

Good move by the Rockets getting Green. If the reports are accurate he loves the idea of playing for his hometown Houston.

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

-Miami paper on Dirk Nowitzki
Dirkenstien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 04:16 PM   #25
GuerillaBlack
Golden Member

GuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evilmav2

A simple no.

The Hornets better make sure that there isn't a donut shop by Bonzi's house though. Maybe Houston-based Shipley Do-Nuts can build one wherever he decides to live.

And I am right there with you on the city thing. Can't wait until I move back to Houston from North Texas (Arlington).

Last edited by GuerillaBlack; 02-21-2008 at 04:31 PM.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 07:36 PM   #26
horse900703
Diamond Member

horse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dortmund
Good trade for Hornets...
bad trade for rockets.....
horse900703 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 09:17 PM   #27
kingmalaki

kingmalaki is infamous around these partskingmalaki is infamous around these parts

I think it's a bad trade for us, but only because I think Jackson doesn't have anything left...and I don't believe in helping division rivals. But I guess since we took in all the Katrina folks we are used to giving to the city of New Orleans.

After hearing the GM's explanation the trade makes a little more sense, but I'm still not happy with it. Mgmt feels like the team plays better defense when we are big at the PF spot and not putting Wells there. They felt Wells minutes would be reduced with the play of Landry, Head and Novak. Our backup PG is a rookie....not ideal for playoff ball, so they figured they would get a reliable backup that knows the system. Alston is a supreme scrub IMO but the offense really stalls when he sits at times. They were paying Mike James $6M a year to sit on the pine...and Jackson gives them a decent expiring deal next season.

So it was basically a salary dump and the team felt backup PG was a bigger need than backup SG/SF.
kingmalaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 11:51 PM   #28
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerillaBlack
The Hornets better make sure that there isn't a donut shop by Bonzi's house though. Maybe Houston-based Shipley Do-Nuts can build one wherever he decides to live.
he'll be hitting up Cafe Du Monde every morning...
Old 02-22-2008, 12:11 AM   #29
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

What happened to not helping a division rival? First the Spurs gift wrap Scola for the Rockets now this.
Old 02-22-2008, 08:40 AM   #30
DelNegro

DelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirno2000
What happened to not helping a division rival? First the Spurs gift wrap Scola for the Rockets now this.
I've never been a big believer in that philosiphy. If the team that's willing to give you the best deal is in your division, that's who you should deal with. If there's two equal deals, sure choose the one from the team in the other conference, other division, whatever. But I don't think you come out ahead by taking a lesser deal just so you can say that you did not help a division rival.
Old 02-22-2008, 10:19 AM   #31
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

There is an element of biting off your nose to spite your face to what I'm saying. But in a year like this one, when every loss by a member of the big nine helps the other eight, I wouldn't risk having the playing I send away click in his new environment.

Of course the Spurs didn't know how tightly contested the West would be this summer but it was still odd to see them send Houston a prospect at the position they've been trying to fill for the past couple of years. That one could come back to bite them if they meet the Rockets in the playoffs. Or worse yet, it could come back to bite us .
Old 02-22-2008, 10:34 AM   #32
DelNegro

There are certainly several Spurs fans who agree with you and are pissed over sending Scola to Houston. There were a lot of things going on in that deal and there weren't that many teams who could give the Spurs what they wanted. Mainly getting Jackie Butler off the payroll so they could get under the luxury tax. Houston is eating Butler's contract this year and they weren't going to do it if the Spurs didn't give them Scola. If the Spurs were under the tax number last offseason they probably just let Scola rot overseas.