Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 02-21-2008, 09:25 PM   #1
thurst0509

thurst0509 is a name known to allthurst0509 is a name known to allthurst0509 is a name known to allthurst0509 is a name known to allthurst0509 is a name known to allthurst0509 is a name known to allthurst0509 is a name known to allthurst0509 is a name known to allthurst0509 is a name known to all
Default Shane Battier is such a dirty player!

Dwyane Wade, while running full speed, was just fouled by that SOB Shane Battier who had the nerve to stand still in front of him! What's worse, Shane's knee OBVIOUSLY was trying to injure Wade's knee because it was most definitely blocking Wade's path to the basket! What a warrior though - Wade was able to limp two full laps around the court while wincing in pain before making his foul shots!

Dwyane if you're reading this, I think you really should consider upgrading your kneepads to the hockey variety - those skateboard-style ones just don't offer enough padding for a warrior of your caliber!
thurst0509 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-21-2008, 09:50 PM   #2
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

DirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond repute

LOL

He wore out his best kneepads in the 05-06 season.

Is this ghost ball??
DirkFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 10:04 PM   #3
mqywaaah
Diamond Member

mqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant future

LOL ^^

Follow me on Twitter http://twitter.com/gloriosomacky
mqywaaah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 10:09 PM   #4
haywoodjay

haywoodjay is infamous around these partshaywoodjay is infamous around these partshaywoodjay is infamous around these partshaywoodjay is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by thurst0509
Dwyane Wade, while running full speed, was just fouled by that SOB Shane Battier who had the nerve to stand still in front of him! What's worse, Shane's knee OBVIOUSLY was trying to injure Wade's knee because it was most definitely blocking Wade's path to the basket! What a warrior though - Wade was able to limp two full laps around the court while wincing in pain before making his foul shots!

Dwyane if you're reading this, I think you really should consider upgrading your kneepads to the hockey variety - those skateboard-style ones just don't offer enough padding for a warrior of your caliber!
man, i was actually gonna post something similar to this.... i always thought the dallas fans here were just bitching and moaning when they said the wade gets all the calls, but jesus christ.... between that "blocking" on battier and the "foul" he got with .2 seconds left in the 3rd, i wanted to pull my hair out.

they show the replays on both and sure enough those were HORRIBLE calls. i mean, that blocking call wasn't even kinda close - battier beat him there by a solid 1-1.5 seconds a good 3 feet beyond the semi circle and the refs call a block? and take a wild guess as to whether wade was even touched by a rocket on that desperation shot with .2 freaking seconds left? of course not.

what a joke.
haywoodjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 10:11 PM   #5
StackAttack
Platinum Member

StackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud of

Battier is the guy, remember, who caused the devastating injury to Wade last year.
Old 02-21-2008, 10:19 PM   #6
thurst0509

thurst0509 is a name known to allthurst0509 is a name known to allthurst0509 is a name known to allthurst0509 is a name known to allthurst0509 is a name known to allthurst0509 is a name known to allthurst0509 is a name known to allthurst0509 is a name known to allthurst0509 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by StackAttack
Battier is the guy, remember, who caused the devastating injury to Wade last year.
What a bastard! Battier should be suspended as he obviously has a personal vendetta against D-Wade!
Old 02-21-2008, 10:43 PM   #7
DelNegro

DelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by StackAttack
Wade was in a coma, right?
DelNegro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 10:55 PM   #8
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

DirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond repute

He was crippled for the remainder of the game. I saw it with my own eyes. They had to wheel him out. It was a true miracle that he is playing still.

Is this ghost ball??
Old 02-21-2008, 10:57 PM   #9
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Another hall of fame thread added to the annals of d-m.com
Old 02-21-2008, 11:03 PM   #10
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

Stern added to the annals of Wade.

Is this ghost ball??
Old 02-21-2008, 11:28 PM   #11
GuerillaBlack
Golden Member

GuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to behold

This thread is fun. Battier a dirty player? HA!
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 11:37 PM   #12
And1

And1 will become famous soon enough

good thread.

shane is dirty.
Old 02-21-2008, 11:44 PM   #13
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirkFTW
He was crippled for the remainder of the game. I saw it with my own eyes. They had to wheel him out. It was a true miracle that he is playing still.
this is still one of the most ridiculous things i have EVER seen.

guy dislocates his SHOULDER, and he has to be taken from the floor in a wheelchair. that's a joke. an absolute joke.

which would be bad enough on its own - but combine that with wade's ad campaign about how "tough" he is (fall down, get up or whatever the ad was), and it makes it even more laughable.
Old 02-22-2008, 12:39 AM   #14
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

Fall down 7 times, get up 8. The 8th time he was on his knees, I guess. Didn't fall, but got on them on his own accord.

Last edited by bernardos70; 02-22-2008 at 12:39 AM.
bernardos70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 01:51 AM   #15
DOMINATOR

DOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Boy Laroux
guy dislocates his SHOULDER, and he has to be taken from the floor in a wheelchair. that's a joke. an absolute joke.
not to stop the wade bashing but i think you are supposed to prevent as much movement as possible when you dislocate your shoulder.

when i saw the "blocking" call on shane though i fell outta my chair. obviously the refs were trying to make the score more respectable because it was a natl. televised game.... then wade followed it up with that lil hissy fit when ref tried to take the ball. that would have been a T for anyone else. oh and Scola really didn't deserve that Tech he got.
Old 02-22-2008, 01:54 AM   #16
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Dwyane Wade, while running full speed, was just fouled by that SOB Shane Battier who had the nerve to stand still in front of him! What's worse, Shane's knee OBVIOUSLY was TRYING to injure Wade's knee because it was most definitely blocking Wade's path to the basket! What a warrior though - Wade was able to limp two full laps around the court while wincing in pain before making his foul shots!
So he didn't succeed? Damn.

Last edited by bernardos70; 02-22-2008 at 01:54 AM.
bernardos70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 10:04 AM   #17
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOMINATOR
not to stop the wade bashing but i think you are supposed to prevent as much movement as possible when you dislocate your shoulder.
sounds great if you're some random shlub. but when you're a professional athlete, especially one that has an entire ad campaign centered on how tough you are, show some freakin guts. you can prevent movement as you walk off the court.

hell, didn't emmitt smith play an entire game with a separated shoulder? And that's FOOTBALL!
Old 02-22-2008, 11:46 AM   #18
thurst0509

Come on guys give D-Wade a break. He's a warrior!!!

Watch this vid again and tell me Shane Battier isn't a dirty player. He obviously drives the ball RIGHT AT D-Wade with the intent to injure him!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3xI8qgjuy8

SUSPEND SHANE BATTIER!!!!
Old 02-22-2008, 11:48 AM   #19
DOMINATOR

DOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Come on guys give D-Wade a break. He's a warrior!!!

Watch this vid again and tell me Shane Battier isn't a dirty player. He obviously drives the ball RIGHT AT D-Wade with the intent to injure him!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3xI8qgjuy8

SUSPEND SHANE BATTIER!!!!
funny thing about that is... wade fouled battier lol but of course no call.
Old 02-22-2008, 12:23 PM   #20
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

i hate both of those players
MavsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 01:42 PM   #21
horse900703
Diamond Member

horse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsX
i hate both of those players
stop saying u hate some one~~~
maybe they hate u more!!!!!!
horse900703 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 02:03 PM   #22
TripleDipping
Diamond Member

TripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud of

oh lordy...
TripleDipping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 02:13 PM   #23
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

"Psst, MavsX... nyehhhhhhhh"

Is this ghost ball??

Last edited by DirkFTW; 02-22-2008 at 02:13 PM.
Old 02-22-2008, 02:14 PM   #24
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

"DON'T YOU TOUCH ME, MAVSX!"

Is this ghost ball??
Old 02-22-2008, 02:39 PM   #25
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

Who cares about Dwayne Wade or Shane Battier. Join Clutchfans or the Heat Forum and start a thread there if you do.

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."
ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 02:56 PM   #26
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

as mavs fans, i think it's our duty to rip on dwyane wade at every opportunity.
Old 02-22-2008, 03:01 PM   #27
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Leave Dwyane wade alone, guys. He's a human.
Old 02-22-2008, 03:03 PM   #28
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

Is that his wife?

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."
ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 03:04 PM   #29
thurst0509

Quote:
Originally Posted by ty
Who cares about Dwayne Wade or Shane Battier. Join Clutchfans or the Heat Forum and start a thread there if you do.
After what happened in 2006, it is my opinion that all Mavs fans are entitled to some laughter and joy whenever Mr. Dwyane, equipped with his kevlar vest and kneepads, recklessly leaps into a defender and then cries about it... It's quite therapeutic for me to laugh at his shenanigans against other teams, actually.
Old 02-23-2008, 03:33 PM   #30
GuerillaBlack
Golden Member

GuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco

Leave Dwyane wade alone, guys. He's a human.
Haha?
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote