Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 02-23-2008, 05:10 PM   #1
Janett_Reno
Platinum Member

Janett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to all
Default Before March 1st Rumors

Cassell might be bought out...

"In the background of all of this is the fact that Cassell wants to be bought out of his contract so he can join a contender. The clock is ticking on that possibility because if a player joins a team after March1, he is ineligible to play in the postseason."

What i am reading it is several teams wanting him with the Celts really wanting him. The Celts are also inquiring about Barry and Magloire.

-------------------------------------

The Celtics and several other teams are in the Brent Barry sweepstakes... The Celtics have also been rumored to have interest in veteran Clippers guard Sam Cassell. The 38-year-old has said his agent, David Falk, has contacted the Clippers about a potential buyout and that he would be interested in the Celtics.

"NBA sources said last night that the Celtics are poised to make a move on Brent Barry if and when he clears waivers.

The Boston Celtics are also expected to inquire about guard Flip Murray, waived by Detroit Friday, and center Jamal Magloire, waived by New Jersey. Both will be free agents Sunday if they clear waivers the Boston Globe reported.

"We'll just evaluate who comes off waivers and see where they fit in with us," Ainge said. "But I don't feel we have to do anything. I like our team. At the same time, we've saved two roster spots for players that could help us this time of the year. We'll continue to evaluate those players."

The Celtics have also been rumored to have interest in veteran Clippers guard Sam Cassell. The 38-year-old has said his agent, David Falk, has contacted the Clippers about a potential buyout and that he would be interested in the Celtics. Cassell must be waived by March 1 to be eligible to play in the postseason for another team

Phoenix is in full pursuit of 36-year-old swingman Brent Barry after Seattle released him Friday. The SuperSonics trimmed their bulging roster after acquiring Barry in this week's Kurt Thomas trade with San Antonio.

I think Barry would thrive in Phx. He is 36 but he can shoot, is long, gets up and down pretty good and fills the lane good on fast breaks. I have not watched him and not sure what he has left but if he can still play, if i was him, i would like an open full court game with his style of play. The Celts want him also and this isn't bad either for him.
-----------------------------------------------------------

Mavs Big Man(I think we have two roster spots)

Jamaal Magloire was waived Friday by the Nets, and if he clears waivers he could be No. 1 on the Mavericks' list... Others on the watch list include Justin Williams (waived by Sacramento) and Viktor Khryapa (waived by Chicago).

Could the Mavs add a fourth Net to the roster? New Jersey waived 7-foot center Jamaal Magloire on Friday. The Mavs have two open roster spots, and backup center is a priority after losing DeSagana Diop in the Jason Kidd trade.

A big man is a must for us and then a filler. Possibly Flip Murray.

Also Pistons

"League sources confirmed Friday night that the Pistons are targeting ex-Piston Dale Davis and Jamaal Magliore as possible roster additions. Davis, who played with the Pistons last season, has not played with an NBA team since. And Magliore, a former All-Star, was waived by the New Jersey Nets on Friday.

---------------------------------

I find it interesting these days, some teams do not want nothing in return, like for Gasol or Cassell or maybe even Shaq, they just want to reduce pay load and get ready to load up the next year. So some could get bought out and just released and the teams get nothing for them but help in the pay load department. Who knows before March 1st, who else might be bought out and just let go.
Janett_Reno is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links