Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 02-26-2008, 01:20 PM   #1
AstroRocket

AstroRocket has a spectacular aura aboutAstroRocket has a spectacular aura aboutAstroRocket has a spectacular aura about
Default Yao out for season with stress fracture

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/...n/5571212.html

Yao out for season with stress fracture

Houston Rockets center Yao Ming will be out the rest of the season and post-season with a stress fracture in his sore left foot.

Yao was examined after Monday’s practice at Memorial Hermann Hospital and met Rockets team physician Dr. Tom Clanton to go over the test results.

The Rockets plan to announce a diagnosis Tuesday afternoon.

The Rockets have won 12 consecutive games since losing the one game Yao has missed this season.

---------

I hate basketball and life now.
AstroRocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-26-2008, 01:22 PM   #2
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

It is inconceivable how the same two people on the same team could ever be injured more....

Is this for real? This can't be for real.

Last edited by Flacolaco; 02-26-2008 at 01:23 PM.
Flacolaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 01:24 PM   #3
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3265631

Yao Ming's season reportedly is over.

Yao Ming

Yao

KRIV-TV in Houston and The Houston Chronicle are reporting that Yao has a stress fracture in his left foot and the Rockets are expected to announce he will have season-ending surgery later Tuesday.

Houston, currently on a 12-game winning streak, is in fourth place in the Southwest Division. The streak followed a loss in the one game that Yao has missed all season.

Yao is averaging 22.0 points and 10.8 rebounds in 55 games this season.
MavsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 01:25 PM   #4
Janett_Reno
Platinum Member

Janett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to all

The season is over for Houston. That is a serious bad blow. Look at this winning streak and now they could have gone from winning the west to not even making the playoffs. Really sad for them. To see how important a big man is, now watch the record of the Rockets without Ming. You will see a big drop off. That is really bad luck.
Janett_Reno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 01:26 PM   #5
endrity
Platinum Member

endrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud of

Bad news, I really like Yao. with his big body, these injuries will only pile up. Denver is smiling now.
endrity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 01:27 PM   #6
nikeball
Platinum Member

nikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond repute

Sucks for Yao. He is the only player on the Rockets I like. He is what is great about the NBA. If any of y'all read his biography "YAO"..he is a funny guy.

But yeah. Rockets still suck.
Old 02-26-2008, 01:28 PM   #7
Kirobaito
Platinum Member

Kirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant future

And God intervenes once again to make sure that the Rockets are put in their place.
Old 02-26-2008, 01:28 PM   #8
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

rabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond repute

That sucks. Yao is one of the good guys in the league.

Lucky GS/Denver.

watch your thoughts, they become your words
rabbitproof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 01:32 PM   #9
Janett_Reno
Platinum Member

Janett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to all

I agree as Denver is smilling now. In the past, gs, denver and houston fades at the end of the season but i must admit all three ae stacked with talent. It was going to be tough on someone at the 9th spot not making the playoffs. It was going to be a very good team to not get in. I see Houson not making it now. This win streak was very impressive.
Old 02-26-2008, 01:32 PM   #10
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future

This does really hurt Houston. I feel bad for Ming because he seems like a good guy but this makes things a little easier in the West.

I think this pretty much rules out Houston for Barry.

Does this mean we will have competition for Magloire now?

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

-Miami paper on Dirk Nowitzki
Dirkenstien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 01:35 PM   #11
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkenstien
yup. The good players off waivers have immediately dried up for the Rockets.
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 01:40 PM   #12
Janett_Reno
Platinum Member

I didn't think of that but yes Houston should do all they could to get Magloire now. I someway feel like Magloire made a deal with Nets/Mavs with the Kidd trade but we will see. I know it is teams trying to get him also and you know Houston is trying to salvage the season with a big man and fast. That could come into play with Magloire/Houston.

I am also listening up for where Barry picks today. Celts, Mavs, Phx, Spurs. Even our name is in the hat with Cassell. Very intersting today and before March 1st to see what happens with some of these final pieces, on where they go.
Old 02-26-2008, 01:40 PM   #13
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

I feel bad for Yao cause he's a good guy.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 01:41 PM   #14
endrity
Platinum Member

endrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkenstien
This does really hurt Houston. I feel bad for Ming because he seems like a good guy but this makes things a little easier in the West.

Does this mean we will have competition for Magloire now?
No, Magloire was not coming here for the minutes. He was going to be a backup here anyway. This changes nothing.
endrity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 01:44 PM   #15
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirobaito
And God intervenes once again to make sure that the Rockets are put in their place.
That's exactly what I thought when I found out about this. "Of course Yao's out for the season," I thought "because otherwise, Houston would be good."
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 01:48 PM   #16
snoop

snoop is a jewel in the roughsnoop is a jewel in the roughsnoop is a jewel in the rough

that man just has bad wheels he is a 7'5 Samaki Walker
Old 02-26-2008, 01:50 PM   #17
nikeball
Platinum Member

nikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by snoop
that man just has bad wheels he is a 7'5 Samaki Walker
wtf? When was samaki walker ever an all-star? or average 20 & 10.
Old 02-26-2008, 01:54 PM   #18
Jack.Kerr
Golden Member

Jack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond repute

Damn, that sux. Yao is fun to watch, now that he knows what he's doing.

That's bad for the league too--the NBA needs matchups like Yao-Shaq and Yao-Duncan. Needs good teams, and good playoff series.

I wish he could stay healthy.
Jack.Kerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 01:56 PM   #19
BigD

BigD is infamous around these partsBigD is infamous around these partsBigD is infamous around these partsBigD is infamous around these partsBigD is infamous around these partsBigD is infamous around these partsBigD is infamous around these partsBigD is infamous around these partsBigD is infamous around these partsBigD is infamous around these parts

Man that stinks for Houston. I hate to see this happen to such a good player and good person. He's really coming along and I'm sure he'll be back strong next year. Yao's not going anywhere anytime soon.

Dallas Cowboys Fans visit www.cowboyscentral.com
BigD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 02:00 PM   #20
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikeball
wtf? When was samaki walker ever an all-star? or average 20 & 10.
I don't think he's equating them as players. I think he just means Yao is very injury prone.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 02:02 PM   #21
dirt_dobber
Diamond Member

dirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond repute

I wish we (Mavs) could hurry and sign Magloire now.

He will be a backup here playing with Kidd though, and will probably play 15 min a game.

In Houston he could get 38min a game to prove he still has something for the next contract.
dirt_dobber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 02:08 PM   #22
antoinewalker
Golden Member

antoinewalker is a jewel in the roughantoinewalker is a jewel in the roughantoinewalker is a jewel in the roughantoinewalker is a jewel in the rough

we'll see how far tmac can carry the rockets now.
antoinewalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 02:09 PM   #23
DOMINATOR

DOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of light

this f*ckin sucks
Old 02-26-2008, 02:14 PM   #24
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

SMH. I hate to hear this news. I've never seen a bunch of guys any softer than Yao and T-Mac. T-Mac is made of cotton candy and Yao is made of charmin. Its ridiculous how these guys get hurt.Its rare for a superstar to be so injury prone and the Rockets manage to have the two only superstars that are injury prone. They're the only superstars who get hurt continously.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 02:23 PM   #25
Bookit
Diamond Member

Bookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud of

That is a shame but they will still make the playoffs even without Yao imo. Adelman is a good coach and they are just now picking up his system. They will find a way.
Bookit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 02:26 PM   #26
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by antoinewalker
we'll see how far tmac can carry the rockets now.

I'm guessing about April 29th. Or game 6 of their first round series. Whichever is first.
Old 02-26-2008, 02:27 PM   #27
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookit
That is a shame but they will still make the playoffs even without Yao imo. Adelman is a good coach and they are just now picking up his system. They will find a way.
No stinkin' way they'll make it now. Denver just got a huge reprieve...
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 02:28 PM   #28
Janett_Reno
Platinum Member

If Houston makes the playoffs, which team doesn't make it, Mavs, Nugs, Warriors, Suns, Jazz, Hornets?
Old 02-26-2008, 02:29 PM   #29
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Denver was fading and going out until this happened.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 02:31 PM   #30
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

What you guys are saying about the playoffs is illuminating. I haven't looked at the standings in a month, and I'm completely serious. There just doesn't seem to be a point yet. Especiallyin the West. It makes me crazy.
Old 02-26-2008, 02:33 PM   #31
Janett_Reno
Platinum Member

I feel Houston does not make it. Houston has a big advantage playing, starting and going to a man that is tall as the goal and has a beautiful soft touch. I am amazed they just now have found out how to go to him and also i know he has gotten tougher as he was very soft.

If Houston did make it, i would guess maybe Denver, GS but again both these teams are loaded with talent. New Orleans is a surprise but they are good. All these teams are so good and talented, i can't see Houston making it without a guy like Ming. He is huge for Houston.
Old 02-26-2008, 02:35 PM   #32
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Adelman is very mediocre. Where is anyone getting the idea that he's a good coach?

Old 02-26-2008, 02:45 PM   #33
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Well, there's always next season...

(which seems to be the story every season for Houston!)

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 02:47 PM   #34
antoinewalker
Golden Member

antoinewalker is a jewel in the roughantoinewalker is a jewel in the roughantoinewalker is a jewel in the roughantoinewalker is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog
Well, there's always next season...

(which seems to be the story every season for Houston!)
that seems to be the story every season for the mavericks as well.
antoinewalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 02:53 PM   #35
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

I feel bad for Rockets fans. The only thing you can hope for as a fan is a chance for your team to compete.

That being said, injury prone players tend to get injured and it's clear at this point that both Yao and T-Mac are injury prone. It's probably time to try to move one of them. Preferably T-Mac.

You have to wonder if Yao is being worn down by being pressured (forced?) to play year around. That’s a lot of wear and tear on a 7’5 300 pound frame.
Old 02-26-2008, 02:59 PM   #36
DOMINATOR

DOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirno2000
You have to wonder if Yao is being worn down by being pressured (forced?) to play year around. That’s a lot of wear and tear on a 7’5 300 pound frame.
yep and china is going to force Yao to rush back from this injury and play in the Olympics.
Old 02-26-2008, 03:05 PM   #37
Bookit
Diamond Member

Bookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProdigyDub
Adelman is very mediocre. Where is anyone getting the idea that he's a good coach?
He has won everywhere he has gone. Where is anybody getting the idea that he is mediocre?
Bookit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 03:15 PM   #38
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOMINATOR
yep and china is going to force Yao to rush back from this injury and play in the Olympics.
Good point.

Stupid commies.
Old 02-26-2008, 03:26 PM   #39
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

This should remind us how ridiculously lucky we are with the lack of huge injuries to our star players (knock on wood). I hope Yao comes back at full strength next year.
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 03:55 PM   #40
LonghornDub

Quote:
He has won everywhere he has gone. Where is anybody getting the idea that he is mediocre?
He "won" in Sac with a ridiculous roster, never getting to the Finals. He helped choke away the Blazers few chance in the early 90's. I lived up there back then--I remember the sentiment. Nobody liked him as a coach.

He's mediocre.

Last edited by LonghornDub; 02-26-2008 at 03:55 PM.