Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Political Arena

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-02-2009, 04:06 PM   #10
92bDad
Platinum Member

92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavdog View Post
by requiring a citizen to go to the dmv (for instance) to register is placing a burden, in this case that of mobility, to their exercising the right to vote.

the process seems to be working well without these id requirements. while I do want to do what we can to protect against fraud, it is most important to do what we can to protect the voter's right to cast a ballot.
I tend to disagree, I believe that the process is providing for a HUGE Fraudulant voter turnout and I believe this needs to be corrected.

But I also believe that ALL eligible voters should have an equal opportunity to cast their vote.

Thus, in the case of the voter with a legitament mobility challenge, I believe we can have resources to identify these individuals and then set up resources to assist them with getting registered. In extreme cases, perhaps having a Police officer show up at the individuals residence to take a digital picture and submit the registration with the local registration affiliate. Ultimately sending them a Voter ID Card.

Do you see the value in setting up a system that has a stronger accountability regarding proof of citizenship in order to register to vote?

What's the harm in revamping the current system?
92bDad is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fluff cocaine, fluff the tragic dragon, fluffy banter, mr. fluffleupagus