Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 08-06-2014, 05:01 PM   #4081
Zaknaf3in

Zaknaf3in has much to be proud ofZaknaf3in has much to be proud ofZaknaf3in has much to be proud ofZaknaf3in has much to be proud ofZaknaf3in has much to be proud ofZaknaf3in has much to be proud ofZaknaf3in has much to be proud ofZaknaf3in has much to be proud ofZaknaf3in has much to be proud ofZaknaf3in has much to be proud ofZaknaf3in has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394 View Post
I recall the dirkster talking about that with someone. Especially the camping out and stinking for days on end. Nice way to get away.
As someone who has personal experience with this kind of getaway, there is probably no place you could be further from civilization than in the NT or the outback around Alice.

I traveled Australia for a year (hell, I watched the 09/10 playoffs (or maybe just the GDT on this board?) on my laptop outside Brisbane university for free Internet til my battery ran out) and can completely sympathise with his choice.

The slight difference is, while he left "lost" NBA finals and the media spotlight behind, I just left a former girlfriend and some other minor personal failing in good ol' Germany.

Dallas Mavs Supporter, Berlin/Germany
Zaknaf3in is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-09-2014, 06:17 PM   #4082
sinsin

sinsin will become famous soon enoughsinsin will become famous soon enough

dunno if someone has already posted this vid...
really like the editing of it : )
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1cM3JDKcesk
sinsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 06:18 PM   #4083
sinsin

sinsin will become famous soon enoughsinsin will become famous soon enough

dunno if someone has already posted this vid...
really like the editing of it : )
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1cM3JDKcesk
sinsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 06:27 PM   #4084
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaknaf3in View Post
As someone who has personal experience with this kind of getaway, there is probably no place you could be further from civilization than in the NT or the outback around Alice.

I traveled Australia for a year (hell, I watched the 09/10 playoffs (or maybe just the GDT on this board?) on my laptop outside Brisbane university for free Internet til my battery ran out) and can completely sympathise with his choice.

The slight difference is, while he left "lost" NBA finals and the media spotlight behind, I just left a former girlfriend and some other minor personal failing in good ol' Germany.
Sounds free, pretty awesome.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 07:32 PM   #4085
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
Whoah...really? We need to find you a few links. It's fascinating.

I haven't read this in a while. But I seem to remember it being great. http://www.dallasobserver.com/2007-1...dile-nowitzki/
wow thanks for the link. what a great read. I had no idea it went this far.
Old 08-10-2014, 12:47 AM   #4086
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
Whoah...really? We need to find you a few links. It's fascinating.

I haven't read this in a while. But I seem to remember it being great. http://www.dallasobserver.com/2007-1...dile-nowitzki/
I like this gem:

Quote:
But even professional sports psychologists agree that something is going on with Nowitzki. "It's one thing if in the flow of the game you miss a shot, but when you're standing on the free-throw line and you have time to think about what this shot means—if you make it, you win, and if you don't, you lose—if in a moment like that you miss, there's definitely cause for concern," says Paul Baard, a sports psychologist at Fordham University in New York.
Because of the implication for other people as well.

Last edited by Dirkadirkastan; 08-10-2014 at 12:47 AM.
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 01:43 AM   #4087
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkadirkastan View Post
I like this gem:

I was at that game.
Thespiralgoeson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 10:43 AM   #4088
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thespiralgoeson View Post
I was at that game.
Me too brotha' all that's years playoffs... Glorious.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
Old 08-10-2014, 10:50 AM   #4089
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkadirkastan View Post
I like this gem:

I actually read an article from a doctor/psychologist that said that the dirkster was unique in that he basically had ice in his veins at the free throw line. An ability of the great sportsmen to block it all out.

I actually cannot think of another player I would put on the line to win a game than the dirkster.
Old 08-19-2014, 09:17 PM   #4090
Skywalker
Diamond Member

Skywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond repute

Unrivaled: Dirk Nowitzki’s fadeaway jumpshot

Quote:
Dirk Nowitzki is a monster of epic and unattainable proportion. Seriously, he must be stopped.
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 09:17 PM   #4091
Skywalker
Diamond Member

Skywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Dirk Nowitzki is a monster of epic and unattainable proportion. Seriously, he must be stopped.

Last edited by Skywalker; 08-19-2014 at 09:23 PM.
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 09:51 PM   #4092
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skywalker View Post
Nice...very nice..
Old 08-20-2014, 07:52 AM   #4093
dirt_dobber
Diamond Member

dirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
loved this paragraph...

While most middle-aged players are slowing down or long since out of the league, Nowitzki continues on, posting the 10th-best season ever for a player 35 or older, according to Basketball Reference's Win Shares measure. By ESPN's Real Plus Minus, Nowitzki ranked as the league's fifth-best player overall. He nearly became just the second player - joining former teammate Steve Nash's 2009-10 season - to shoot 50/40/90 at age 35.
dirt_dobber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 09:07 AM   #4094
Thukydides

Thukydides is a name known to allThukydides is a name known to allThukydides is a name known to allThukydides is a name known to allThukydides is a name known to allThukydides is a name known to allThukydides is a name known to allThukydides is a name known to allThukydides is a name known to all

Steph Curry giving Dirk credit by calling him a "a cheat code" while going through a bracket of the NBA´s best duos on the same team (this itself quite interesting, guess who he picks in the end :-) ?)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zjzJvoiSChw#t=188
Thukydides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 07:11 PM   #4095
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
That sh!t ain't even close...

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 05:36 PM   #4096
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond repute

Nowitzki added that he is working with Geschwinder on his shot. The goal of his work is to shoot quicker. Sportando - See more at: http://hoopshype.com/rumors.htm#sthash.DLiitbnV.dpuf
BPo001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 04:13 PM   #4097
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

GermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond repute

###

Last edited by GermanDunk; 09-10-2014 at 04:39 PM.
GermanDunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 04:14 PM   #4098
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

GermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond repute

Man, there is a huge 30 minutes show with Dirk and Silke on Radio Tele Luxemburg

Last edited by GermanDunk; 09-10-2014 at 04:14 PM.
GermanDunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 04:35 PM   #4099
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

His movie/documentary "Der perfekte Wurf" starts next week in the german cinemas:

http://www.kino.de/kinofilm/nowitzki...te-wurf/146272

Last edited by sefant77; 09-10-2014 at 04:35 PM.
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 10:55 PM   #4100
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sefant77 View Post
His movie/documentary "Der perfekte Wurf" starts next week in the german cinemas:

http://www.kino.de/kinofilm/nowitzki...te-wurf/146272
Want.

Any idea if there will be an English version?

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 03:49 PM   #4101
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Pretty sure you find at least a version with subtitles after a while....
Old 09-11-2014, 03:50 PM   #4102
sefant77
Guru

Pretty sure you find at least a version with subtitles after a while....
Old 09-11-2014, 07:39 PM   #4103
dude1394
Guru

Default Tyson freakin Chandler

Gotta love it...

"Why Tyson Chandler thinks he's better than he was in 2011

Newly acquired Dallas Mavericks center Tyson Chandler joined the Ben & Skin Show on KRLD-FM 105.3 on Wednesday. Here are some highlights.

On what he's been doing this summer:

"I've just been training, man. I took about two weeks off at the end of last season and then got back at it. I didn't like how things ended last year, so I wanted to make sure I was prepared for this season. Things ended up working out better because, you know, I ended up coming back home."

On Dirk Nowitzki taking a pay cut:

"We don't have enough time on this show for me to explain the type of respect I have for Dirk Nowitzki. He and Jason Kidd are two of the most incredible teammates that I've ever been around. They're two future Hall of Famers, but you wouldn't know it walking into the practice facility. They're in every meeting, every practice and they're super humble always passing the credit along. He's the type of guy, if I was a GM or president or owner, that I'd want to start my team with. He's given Dallas his everything. When I first got here, I remember coming back late at night to get a lift in or work on some free throws and every single time I got there, he was there. He'd be putting up shot after shot after shot. It just shows that he's never going to settle and he doesn't want to settle. He always wants to win and he's willing to do whatever it takes. A lot was made about what I did and what I accomplished in my year here. He's the man. When you have the top dog leading that way, you can't help but fall in line."

On Raymond Felton:

"Ray is a tough guard. He's going to provide a lot to this team. He's able to bring a floor presence and get after it defensively. I'm excited for him to team up with coach [Rick] Carlisle, to be quite honest. Coach Carlisle will help him understand how to run this team in this system. I think he's really going to blossom in the locker room with guys like Dirk and a lot of other veterans like myself and Devin [Harris]."

On how his game compares to the 2011 version of himself:

"I think I'm better in understanding the game mentally. Physically, I'm in an incredible place. I haven't felt this good in a long time. Over the years you learn different things. The more you are able to play this game, the better you are mentally. I'm excited to bring that to the table here again. I love the makeup of the team. We've been here for the last couple of weeks getting after it, playing pick up [games] and ran the hills yesterday as a team. We've been training as a team. People don't know, but this is pretty early to have every player here already. I just like the makeup of this team. I think we've got great young guys. It's a nice mix up of veterans and young players."
Old 09-11-2014, 07:39 PM   #4104
dude1394
Guru

The above was so good I thought Tyson deserved to bask in the greatness of the dirkster thread.
Old 09-12-2014, 07:21 AM   #4105
dirt_dobber
Diamond Member

dirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
The above was so good I thought Tyson deserved to bask in the greatness of the dirkster thread.
really glad yo uposted this. I have a lot of repsect for Tyson - his vocalness on the defensive side of the game was missed. His love of Dirk and what they accomplisehed together makes me excited for this coming season.

Is there any reason not to go ahead and erect the statue of Dirk while he is still playing?
Old 09-12-2014, 01:57 PM   #4106
bunkmoreland

bunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to behold

Agreed. That was a great read and make me very glad to have Tyson back and excited for this year.
bunkmoreland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 01:57 PM   #4107
bunkmoreland

bunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to behold

Agreed. That was a great read and make me very glad to have Tyson back and excited for this year.
bunkmoreland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 03:23 PM   #4108
DavidDaMonkey
Platinum Member

DavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirt_dobber View Post
Is there any reason not to go ahead and erect the statue of Dirk while he is still playing?
Because after this season, it might need to be high-fiving Tyson's statue
Old 09-12-2014, 03:40 PM   #4109
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidDaMonkey View Post
Because after this season, it might need to be high-fiving Tyson's statue
Good point.
Old 09-12-2014, 08:07 PM   #4110
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

I really, really like Tyson. I hope he's around here in Dallas throughout the rest of Dirk's career.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 08:07 PM   #4111
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

I really, really like Tyson. I hope he's around here in Dallas throughout the rest of Dirk's career.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 10:17 AM   #4112
LSMF
Diamond Member

LSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond repute

Guile's Theme... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ub5x8C9y1Y4

Last edited by LSMF; 09-13-2014 at 10:20 AM.
LSMF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 10:18 AM   #4113
LSMF
Diamond Member

LSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond repute

DP per the usual....

Last edited by LSMF; 09-13-2014 at 10:20 AM.
LSMF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 05:25 PM   #4114
sefant77
Guru

Tomorrow is premiere in cologne.

Dirks entourage: around 40 people. Wife, kid, Donnie, Rick, Monta, Devin, Finley etc. Tyson and Nash cancelled on short notice
Old 09-15-2014, 05:25 PM   #4115
sefant77
Guru

Tomorrow is premiere in cologne.

Dirks entourage: around 40 people. Wife, kid, Donnie, Rick, Monta, Devin, Finley etc. Tyson and Nash cancelled on short notice
Old 09-16-2014, 03:01 PM   #4116
Julius

Julius is a name known to allJulius is a name known to allJulius is a name known to allJulius is a name known to allJulius is a name known to allJulius is a name known to allJulius is a name known to allJulius is a name known to allJulius is a name known to all

Dirk in german TV show
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=igiC6CKBCUc
Julius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 10:20 AM   #4117
dirt_dobber
Diamond Member

Dallas Mavericks coach Rick Carlisle and Dirk Nowitzki talk at the premiere of the film 'The Perfect Shot'; a documentary about basketball player Nowitzki.

youtube video link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3bog1XGNN1Y
Old 09-17-2014, 10:21 AM   #4118
dirt_dobber
Diamond Member

Dallas Mavericks coach Rick Carlisle and Dirk Nowitzki talk at the premiere of the film 'The Perfect Shot'; a documentary about basketball player Nowitzki.

youtube video link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3bog1XGNN1Y
Old 09-17-2014, 03:52 PM   #4119
dude1394
Guru

A great double post!

I went and read/translated the critics report of this documentary. I cannot wait to see it.

Last edited by dude1394; 09-17-2014 at 04:32 PM.
Old 09-20-2014, 08:49 AM   #4120
dirt_dobber
Diamond Member

Quote:
I cannot wait to see it.
me too - check out some of this info from the documentary
http://espn.go.com/dallas/nba/story/...-crowd-germany

Negotiations to firm up the details about the film's U.S. release are in the final stages, but we can share a few highlights of the production in the interim:

• Finley on the close understanding between Nowitzki and Geschwindner: "Their relationship is a very unique one. It's like the Mad Scientist and Frankenstein. I can remember watching some of their workouts early in Dirk's career and I just didn't understand what they were doing [or] why they were doing‎ it. But once you get to talk to Holger and Dirk and understand the importance of each move they do, each breathing technique‎ they do, you understood."

• Nowitzki's wife, Jessica, on the same subject: "‎They sort of have this relationship where they understand each other without even talking to each other. ... We call it in Swedish telepathie. I don't know, maybe they have their own language."

• Geschwinder acknowledges, in response to criticism of his unconventional methods and his unflattering reputation in some corners as the "Einstein of basketball," that he has been referring to his office for years as the "Institute of Applied Nonsense" ... replete with business cards carrying that title.

• Nowitzki's former German Nike rep and close friend Ingo Sauer shares that one of Dirk's father Joerg's old handball trophies is displayed in a more prominent place in his parents' house than Dirk's 2007 MVP trophy.

• Dirk's mother, Helga, debuted for the German national women's basketball team in 1966 and tells the story about frequently keeping her son near the bench in a stroller while she was playing after his birth in June 1978.

• Former USC coach and Nike director of basketball George Raveling re-tells the old story of how Nowitzki ducked out of town right before a playoff game for his hometown Wurzburg X-Rays -- who were in the process of trying to qualify for Germany's top division -- to come to America in the spring of 1998 for the Nike Hoop Summit in San Antonio that ultimately cemented Nowitzki as an NBA lottery pick. Recalling how Dirk's mentor showed up at the Nowitzkis' home early in the morning to whisk him off to America, Joerg Nowitzki says: "That's Geschwindner for you."

• Don Nelson on Nowitzki's rookie season, laughing as he recalled shrugging off Dirk's concerns about his early NBA struggles and imitating the youngster's accent: "So he came to me and he said, 'Oh, I think I want to go home.' That was the most dramatic thing that happened that year."

• Cuban on buying the Mavericks from Ross Perot Jr. in January 2000: "There wasn't really a lot of negotiation. I wanted the team. This was during the Internet go-go bubble. And the funny behind-the-scenes fact is that there would be days when the stock price of our company [Broadcast.com] would go up 20 dollars [or] 30 dollars and that would pay for the whole price of the Mavericks. That's how crazy the stock market was. And so I really didn't negotiate. I said, 'How much you want for it?' [Perot] gave me a price -- $285 million -- and I said yes. And that was over."

• Dirk himself on why he has consistently refused more off-the-court opportunities as a brand endorser: "They'd be pulling me by the nose all summer."

• Joerg Nowitzki reveals that Dirk, after all of his NBA riches, still goes to his mother to get money when he's back home in Germany for the summer. "It's crazy," Joerg says, "but that's how it is."

Tags
<clutch tagging>, 12-15 for 48 points, 3/25m - wow!, clutch nowitzki, clutchwitzki, dir30k, dirk, dirk = clutch...again, dirk goes to 11, dirk is my religion, dirk pwns ur face 4ever!!, dirk tea baggzz nba!!!!!, gay for dirk!!!, his clutchness, his hairness ?, playoff clutch, santa dirk, sir ghost face drillah, top-10 all time scorer, top-6 all time scorer