Dallas-Mavs.com Forums
Old 02-27-2023, 09:56 AM   #81
Simon2
Diamond Member

Simon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to all

Of course, there is continuity. Its just the wrong people.
Old 02-27-2023, 10:51 AM   #82
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

was irrationally hoping I would wake up this morning and see that Kidd had been fired...

Just laughing at the maturity comment when you have Kyrie Irving, Luka, Powell, Bullock, THJ. He literally doesnt know how to talk about basketball, and Bucks fans on reddit were pointing out he said this maturity stuff sooo much when coaching them.

I doubt Cuban will do it with 20 games left in the season getting ready for playoffs, but man I want Dantoni
Old 02-27-2023, 10:59 AM   #83
saclare
Platinum Member

saclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant future

I'm going to give this all about 10 more games. In that period, you have a fairly cushioned schedule with 4 more straight at home and ideally Kleber coming back into the fold.

One of the primary things I better see is the removal of Frank from the rotation. I think I align mostly with the poster who mentioned the wishy/washy nature of these rotations. Yea, I totally get missing players and adding some via trade will do that. However, this was occurring even before all of that and the guy in charge of the lineups and playing time has delivered inconsistent messaging.

Why the fuck Frank is out there in the 3rd or 4th to last possession is beyond me. You could convince me (barely at this point) of minutes earlier in the game, but good god, when the game is coming down to its last minutes, it's pretty fucking obvious the best players should be in the game. It took that one possession to realize it and correct the 5 in, but it cost an easy two points.

The end of game management is still way off. I hate that we now have a new excuse with Kyrie being in the fold. But again, it doesn't matter who the fuck the five are out on the floor, you should have at least 2-3 bread and butter plays that fit most scenarios (where the ball is coming out, time on the clock, etc.). It doesn't seem like that's the case.

The can Kidd and let Sweeney cook idea has been creeping in my head. At the same time, the hard ball that Kidd can play here might be the only chance at finally convincing Luka to shut the fuck up and play basketball. His insistent whining has even worn on me and I'm one of his biggest fans. It's just simply not pleasant to watch and has become ever increasingly obvious that it is hurting the team. We talk about how Wood gives up as much on D as he gives on O, Luka continues to eat into his production with the bitching and moaning and I can't help but start to think that rubs off on his teammates in addition to them having to constantly play 5v4 ball on defense.
saclare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2023, 11:30 AM   #84
purplefrog
Platinum Member

purplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by saclare View Post
The can Kidd and let Sweeney cook idea has been creeping in my head. At the same time, the hard ball that Kidd can play here might be the only chance at finally convincing Luka to shut the fuck up and play basketball. His insistent whining has even worn on me and I'm one of his biggest fans. It's just simply not pleasant to watch and has become ever increasingly obvious that it is hurting the team. We talk about how Wood gives up as much on D as he gives on O, Luka continues to eat into his production with the bitching and moaning and I can't help but start to think that rubs off on his teammates in addition to them having to constantly play 5v4 ball on defense.
This is exactly why Cuban/Nico/JKidd should have signed Dragic. I believe he would help Luka with his incessant whining and late game judgment on shot selection. Dragic would have had far more positive impact than Frank/Pinson. Unfortunately, this is only one small blunder amongst numerous that this MBT has made in the past year. Oh - and while Kidd's post game interview might have been indirectly calling out Luka, it was not only embarrassing but should also disqualify him from ever coaching in the NBA. Coaches coach. They motivate. They don't watch the game as a fan. What an idiot. I put that interview right up there with Rondo's antics in the Mavericks Hall of Shame. Seriously, Cuban should have fired him first thing this morning. If he is not fired soon, then Cuban and Nico are saying it is OK to have a coach who doesn't coach.

Last edited by purplefrog; 02-27-2023 at 11:36 AM.
purplefrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2023, 01:16 PM   #85
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplefrog View Post
This is exactly why Cuban/Nico/JKidd should have signed Dragic. I believe he would help Luka with his incessant whining and late game judgment on shot selection. Dragic would have had far more positive impact than Frank/Pinson. Unfortunately, this is only one small blunder amongst numerous that this MBT has made in the past year. Oh - and while Kidd's post game interview might have been indirectly calling out Luka, it was not only embarrassing but should also disqualify him from ever coaching in the NBA. Coaches coach. They motivate. They don't watch the game as a fan. What an idiot. I put that interview right up there with Rondo's antics in the Mavericks Hall of Shame. Seriously, Cuban should have fired him first thing this morning. If he is not fired soon, then Cuban and Nico are saying it is OK to have a coach who doesn't coach.
I've had some back and forth with someone on Twitter about the firing of JKidd. They insist that Luka and Kyrie like Kidd so Cuban can't/wont/shouldnt fire him.

I don't agree with that take. I'm not even convinced they would do a lot to save Kidd if he were on the chopping block even if they did "like" him. Besides, Kyrie may not even be here next season. There's actually a good chance he's gone. Wood is almost surely gone....because of Kidd. If Luka likes Kidd, we will see how much he likes him after we lose both Wood and Kyrie.

Piling up loses will cause enough animosity to kill the player - coach good vibes. Especially when it largely is due to roster mismanagement.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2023, 01:59 PM   #86
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

https://twitter.com/MavsDJR/status/1630194035410231302

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2023, 12:38 PM   #87
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

https://www.mavsmoneyball.com/2023/2...ut-they-should

Great article on Kidd as a coach.

"When Kidd publicly equivocates his role to that of a glorified spectator, he abdicates his functionality as head coach. His assertion that because he is not playing on the floor he thereby cannot impact the outcome of the game or share in the success or failure is beyond ludicrous.

Kidd?s placidity extends to his assessment of the Mavericks? late-game bubbles and stumbles this season. When asked about the trend of miscues he responded, ?I?m glad it's happening during the season and not during the playoffs." He went on to characterize this most recent folly as a factor of unfamiliarity between Luka Doncic and new addition Kyrie Irving. The concern here is that all season long the Mavericks have had one option for last-possession scenarios. Before the trade, it was a Doncic step-back off a high screen, and after the trade, it is a two-man game between Doncic and Irving which relies on improvisational chemistry the duo clearly has not established yet. Why not employ some misdirection to what the entire arena is expecting? Why not have a half dozen set plays to call on so that the scouting process is a bit more complicated? Why not involve the other three players as more than department store mannequins spacing the floor? Instead, Kidd relies on his All-Star backcourt to figure it out on the fly and sidesteps the notion that a head coach can leverage their experience and creativity to guide the team through coinflip moments.

Perhaps most damaging is Kidd?s assertion that the team lacks maturity and needs to grow up. In totality, this is not a young team. The only two Maverick players with a significant role under the age of 30 are superstar Luka Doncic and the emerging Josh Green."

The final line from the article is succinct: "What is the point of Jason Kidd?"

Last edited by Melonhead; 02-28-2023 at 12:43 PM.
Melonhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2023, 01:44 PM   #88
purplefrog
Platinum Member

purplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melonhead View Post
https://www.mavsmoneyball.com/2023/2...ut-they-should

Great article on Kidd as a coach.

"When Kidd publicly equivocates his role to that of a glorified spectator, he abdicates his functionality as head coach. His assertion that because he is not playing on the floor he thereby cannot impact the outcome of the game or share in the success or failure is beyond ludicrous.

Kidd?s placidity extends to his assessment of the Mavericks? late-game bubbles and stumbles this season. When asked about the trend of miscues he responded, ?I?m glad it's happening during the season and not during the playoffs." He went on to characterize this most recent folly as a factor of unfamiliarity between Luka Doncic and new addition Kyrie Irving. The concern here is that all season long the Mavericks have had one option for last-possession scenarios. Before the trade, it was a Doncic step-back off a high screen, and after the trade, it is a two-man game between Doncic and Irving which relies on improvisational chemistry the duo clearly has not established yet. Why not employ some misdirection to what the entire arena is expecting? Why not have a half dozen set plays to call on so that the scouting process is a bit more complicated? Why not involve the other three players as more than department store mannequins spacing the floor? Instead, Kidd relies on his All-Star backcourt to figure it out on the fly and sidesteps the notion that a head coach can leverage their experience and creativity to guide the team through coinflip moments.

Perhaps most damaging is Kidd?s assertion that the team lacks maturity and needs to grow up. In totality, this is not a young team. The only two Maverick players with a significant role under the age of 30 are superstar Luka Doncic and the emerging Josh Green."

The final line from the article is succinct: "What is the point of Jason Kidd?"
Kidd has made the perfect case for why there is no point to him being coach. He's just a fan that gets to sit on the bench.

Mavs should sign Noel + Wall and waive Pinson and Frank. That would be an upgrade. Might not really move the needle much, but this is the right time to shed those who will not make any on-court contribution and add a couple who you could trust to play 10-12 mpg.

Start Noel, Wood, and Green. Bring Kleber, Morris, Holiday, Bullock, Hardaway, and Wall off the bench. McGee, Powell, Bertans, and Hardy make up the deep bench. That gives you 15 solid players to mix and match depending on match-ups. Not saying that's a championship team, but it would be much better than the current options. If Noel is a bust, then start Kleber and bring in Noel with a second unit.
Old 02-28-2023, 01:53 PM   #89
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
How'd that go for him in Milwaukee?
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2023, 02:25 PM   #90
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Well the entire fan base has turned on him minus a few holdouts, so it would puzzle me greatly that Cuban wouldn't care about that. If Kidd keeps Kyrie, then I get giving him til the next deadline. But as I mentioned, that is exactly the Nate McMillan deadline after they went to the ECF. If Kidd sucks past that point, and isn't fired, then we're completely doomed as a franchise.

Biggest issue is Nico and Kidd have a close relationship...Cuban too. But Nico doesn't seem to be afraid to make bold moves....

Last edited by DevinHarriswillstart; 02-28-2023 at 02:26 PM.
Old 03-01-2023, 09:43 PM   #91
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

I?m glad I hated the hiring of Kidd to begin with. I don?t know why anyone associated with the guy would think he would be a good option to coach an NBA team.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2023, 10:16 PM   #92
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy3 View Post
I?m glad I hated the hiring of Kidd to begin with. I don?t know why anyone associated with the guy would think he would be a good option to coach an NBA team.
I dont think many fans can cleanly say they were against it from day 1 through now. Many folks were pleasantly surprised with the way the team came together to finish the season and in the POs.

In fairness, We had RC and that was beyond burnt out. We all wanted a change. Kidd hiring was questionable at best and is now seems to be a total flop regardless of the lack luster roster.

Old 03-01-2023, 10:22 PM   #93
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

I'm on record for wanting Mosley along with many others.

Old 03-02-2023, 08:59 AM   #94
washedklean77

washedklean77 is a name known to allwashedklean77 is a name known to allwashedklean77 is a name known to allwashedklean77 is a name known to allwashedklean77 is a name known to allwashedklean77 is a name known to allwashedklean77 is a name known to allwashedklean77 is a name known to allwashedklean77 is a name known to all

This will be an unpopular take, but I think it's best that the Mavs completely miss the playoffs. It will force Cuban to have to make some changes in the offseason.
Old 03-02-2023, 09:05 AM   #95
tap2390
Diamond Member

tap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by washedklean77 View Post
This will be an unpopular take, but I think it's best that the Mavs completely miss the playoffs. It will force Cuban to have to make some changes in the offseason.
I completely agree. Will also give us a very valuable asset (our pick) in a crucial offseason.
Old 03-02-2023, 09:24 AM   #96
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Quote:
Only problem with this is that means Irving is gone for sure along with Wood.

So you're then hoping the Lakers give you something of value in a S&T. People mention Davis, but I don't see that happening. You just have to hope to get someone like Vanderbilt which would still be a total disaster from what we gave up.

Old 03-02-2023, 09:34 AM   #97
washedklean77

washedklean77 is a name known to allwashedklean77 is a name known to allwashedklean77 is a name known to allwashedklean77 is a name known to allwashedklean77 is a name known to allwashedklean77 is a name known to allwashedklean77 is a name known to allwashedklean77 is a name known to allwashedklean77 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
Only problem with this is that means Irving is gone for sure along with Wood.

So you're then hoping the Lakers give you something of value in a S&T. People mention Davis, but I don't see that happening. You just have to hope to get someone like Vanderbilt which would still be a total disaster from what we gave up.
I think Irving rolls out regardless of the outcome of this season. We're supposed to be seeing the A+ version of him right now being that he's auditioning for the best possible contract during this upcoming offseason. And what we're learning is that this version of him doesn't bode well for the identity of this team - whatever that identity is.

Just let the team crash and burn and allow Cuban to operate in a sense of desperation this offseason. He'll be more willing to spend money via this approach.
Old 03-02-2023, 09:39 AM   #98
Simon2
Diamond Member

Simon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to all

If Mavs keep losing with two All-stars, let?s see how long Kidd lasts. Never though Kidd would take them to the promised land.
Old 03-02-2023, 10:55 AM   #99
SMC0007
Guru

Quote:
I think Irving rolls out regardless of the outcome of this season. We're supposed to be seeing the A+ version of him right now being that he's auditioning for the best possible contract during this upcoming offseason. And what we're learning is that this version of him doesn't bode well for the identity of this team - whatever that identity is.

Just let the team crash and burn and allow Cuban to operate in a sense of desperation this offseason. He'll be more willing to spend money via this approach.
I'm betting big that Kai is gone. Ray Charles can see the state of this organization. Luka or not. What player wants to take this on, especially a player that has a good look at the inside? The newness will wear off right on time and we'll be lucky to extract anything out of the move to get him.

I'm not seeing near what I thought I would from Kryie either. He isn't showing the leadership I hoped for. He's not taking over when we need it. It's just flashes of brilliance on offense then stretches where he's stagnant. I know what he's capable of but there is no consistency.

Old 03-02-2023, 12:02 PM   #100
saclare
Platinum Member

saclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant future

I mean, isn't that the fall back of the trade though? I know the term cap space will make some squirm here, but our situation was kind of fucked prior to the trade. Now, I wish we could make it even better by somehow offloading THJ/Bertans contracts, but the Mavs will have flexibility, for whatever that is worth. Kyrie still represents an asset in a SnT as he could use as leverage for higher pay. Of course, the idea is it all gels and everyone is happy and wants to run it back, but we all know how that goes in today's game.
saclare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2023, 12:15 PM   #101
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond repute

Is this what Tim McMahon was hinting at when he said Mavs were looking at Ayton, but in the future. SnT Kyrie for Ayton plus filler?
BPo001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2023, 12:18 PM   #102
SMC0007
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by saclare View Post
I mean, isn't that the fall back of the trade though? I know the term cap space will make some squirm here, but our situation was kind of fucked prior to the trade. Now, I wish we could make it even better by somehow offloading THJ/Bertans contracts, but the Mavs will have flexibility, for whatever that is worth. Kyrie still represents an asset in a SnT as he could use as leverage for higher pay. Of course, the idea is it all gels and everyone is happy and wants to run it back, but we all know how that goes in today's game.
In theory having room to upgrade or replace guys is nice. However, who has any confidence that we can lure the talent we need in FA? There's are a few guys who are legit difference makers in general. There's also a handful of guys who would make a big difference for us as built. We just don't know what voids we are going to have to fill.

Old 03-02-2023, 12:32 PM   #103
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tap2390 View Post
I completely agree. Will also give us a very valuable asset (our pick) in a crucial offseason.
Missing the playoffs will not guarantee we keep the pick. In fact, we are almost guaranteed to NOT keep the pick.

Statistically, we are unlikely to drop out of the play-in. Assuming we lose the play-in and thus miss the playoffs, we would have roughly a 4% chance of a top-10 pick, which means a 95-96% chance that New York gets a 13th/14th pick.

It is statistically possible to drop out of the play-in as well, but...
A) We are unlikely to lose the tanking race against the Lakers (no LeBron, unhappy Davis), Blazers, Rockets, Thunder, and Spurs. Lakers are better, but without LeBron they are nothing. I don't think we can beat the other four teams in tankage.
B) Even if we did get to 11th, it only gets us a 9% chance of keeping the pick. In other words, a 91% chance Knicks gets a very nice 11th/12th pick.

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 03-02-2023 at 12:42 PM.
Old 03-02-2023, 02:26 PM   #104
washedklean77

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
Missing the playoffs will not guarantee we keep the pick. In fact, we are almost guaranteed to NOT keep the pick.

Statistically, we are unlikely to drop out of the play-in. Assuming we lose the play-in and thus miss the playoffs, we would have roughly a 4% chance of a top-10 pick, which means a 95-96% chance that New York gets a 13th/14th pick.

It is statistically possible to drop out of the play-in as well, but...
A) We are unlikely to lose the tanking race against the Lakers (no LeBron, unhappy Davis), Blazers, Rockets, Thunder, and Spurs. Lakers are better, but without LeBron they are nothing. I don't think we can beat the other four teams in tankage.
B) Even if we did get to 11th, it only gets us a 9% chance of keeping the pick. In other words, a 91% chance Knicks gets a very nice 11th/12th pick.
Lets not forget that the Mavs strength of schedule for the remainder of the season is officially a moot point as this team has proven that they can lose to anyone. So while the teams that live underneath the Mavs in the standings at this time may very well play around .500 ball for the remainder of the season, the Mavs may do worse. I fully anticipate the Mavs being a game under .500 come Sunday night.
Old 03-02-2023, 05:20 PM   #105
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

I was absolutely against the Kidd hire. Par for the Cuban course as far as I?m concerned. Hired for the wrong reasons. Just like Nico. Clearly, as long as Cuban is around the clown show will continue.
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2023, 05:26 PM   #106
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac222b View Post
I was absolutely against the Kidd hire. Par for the Cuban course as far as I?m concerned. Hired for the wrong reasons. Just like Nico. Clearly, as long as Cuban is around the clown show will continue.
I agree with you on everything except Nico.

Donnie was a real piece of @#$@ who Cuban kept way too long. He's why we're in this mess in the first place. Donnie needed to be gone and Nico was the best option out there.

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 03-02-2023 at 05:27 PM.
Old 03-02-2023, 06:04 PM   #107
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I agree with you on everything except Nico.

Donnie was a real piece of @#$@ who Cuban kept way too long. He's why we're in this mess in the first place. Donnie needed to be gone and Nico was the best option out there.
I don?t think Nico was the best option. Masai Ujiri was. Cuban would rather pay novice Nico 3m or whatever he makes than the 14m Masai got from Toronto. Nico seems like a nice guy, but this is all new to him. Doesn?t mean he can?t be a great ?GM? but there is a huge learning curve.
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2023, 10:27 PM   #108
Simon2
Diamond Member

Wood had 14 pts and DP had 4. Why no Wood to end the game. Kidd is out of his mind.
Old 03-11-2023, 10:51 PM   #109
Melonhead
Guru

?It?s just another game?

-Kidd
Old 03-12-2023, 11:14 AM   #110
Simon2
Diamond Member

Who is out there aside fro Udoka? Options for HC
Old 03-12-2023, 01:30 PM   #111
Melonhead
Guru

Mike Dantoni
Old 03-12-2023, 02:10 PM   #112
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Ha! Imagine D'Antoni with Luka

D'Antoni: run
Luka: huffs and then is injured
Old 03-13-2023, 11:50 AM   #113
purplefrog
Platinum Member

Is Morris now chiming in with an opinion?...Is this about Kidd?

Keef Morris
@Keefmorris

Make it make sense.
10:15 PM ? Mar 11, 2023
?
Views

Might be sour grapes since he is getting zero playing time. But then again, that's part of the problem.
Old 03-13-2023, 01:01 PM   #114
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Quote:
Ha! Imagine D'Antoni with Luka

D'Antoni: run
Luka: huffs and then is injured
Then it's the Hardy and Green show. He is hired.

Old 03-13-2023, 11:45 PM   #115
Simon2
Diamond Member

If the coach doesn?t care about making the playoffs, why should the fans care too? Why would the players even care? If they don?t make the playoffs, there is always next year. What a cr@p attitude.
Old 03-14-2023, 10:28 AM   #116
purplefrog
Platinum Member

The two main reasons for the Mavs poor record are:
1). Poorly constructed roster
2). Dumbass Coach

To a large extent it is both 1 and 2, but Kidd's poor coaching is by far the biggest contributor. If you look at the roster with fresh eyes you can now see Green and Hardy are capable of making major contributions. This translates into a playoff ready team that should be competitive. The center position is by far the weakest but a good coach would be able to address that with a "center by committee" approach where each option gets some burn every night but the PT distribution is determined by the opponent and specific matchups. This is not a terrible roster:

Guards - Luka, Kyrie, Green, Hardy
SF - Bullock, Holiday, Hardaway
PF - Wood, Morris
C - Kleber, McGee, Powell
Deep Bench - Bertans, Frank, Pinson

The talent with that roster is more than enough to be competitive in the West this year, but Kidd is just incompetent. He would rather play mind games with the players and media than actually coach basketball. He might be having fun, but the Mavs fandom is most certainly not enjoying this ride.

Last edited by purplefrog; 03-14-2023 at 10:33 AM.
purplefrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2023, 06:19 PM   #117
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

Mavs fans the angriest in the NBA

https://www.audacy.com/1053thefan/sp...yoMogAPPxVt3rA

Last edited by MFFL; 03-17-2023 at 06:19 PM.
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2023, 06:45 PM   #118
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFFL View Post
The fuck we are!!! Fight me.
Old 03-18-2023, 10:37 AM   #119
Simon2
Diamond Member

Of course the fans are angry. We have two hall of famers. A good big man and the coach is an idiot. The fans see so much potential in the roster but the weakness is coaching. Good players will walk because the coach is screwing them up
Old 03-20-2023, 11:37 PM   #120
Melonhead
Guru

Kidd doesn?t believe in taking timeouts because it shows you don?t trust your guys.

He has literally the dumbest quotes I?ve ever heard in my life in the entirety of sports. I?m one season no less.