Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 01-20-2003, 12:10 PM   #1
YouKnowWhoIAm

YouKnowWhoIAm is on a distinguished road

Yes, this is UberDirk. Please don't ban me immediately, read what I have to say here and what I have had to put up with, thank you. This is a e-mail I sent to the Mods, one of many that they never even replied too, they are breaking their own rules, my 1 week ban was up, but i wasn't unbanned!............

"Ok, this is getting ridiculos here. I have tried to be polite, but you guy's just keep ignoring my e-mails, why??? Now I apologize for coming back as "Le Roi", but I think we all know why I did so! My ban was up and you wouldn't unban me, not only that, you wouldn't answer one freakin e-mail! Now listen here, a few weeks ago DJ let banned members back and CLEARED ALL CURRENT STRIKES ON CURRENT MEMBERS. Now I was a member, therefore all my strikes were gone. Now I was just banned, well, since I had no strikes (being dj cleared them) that was my 1st strike. The 1st strike equal's a banning for ONE WEEK! My one week ban HAS BEEN UP! Now why have I not been unbanned? That's why I tried to come back as "Le Roi", I just wanted my justice. My ban is up, so why am I banned????? Please, just reply. Thank you
YouKnowWhoIAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-20-2003, 12:12 PM   #2
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

This would have been much better handled in private. Goodbye.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2003, 12:12 PM   #3
YouKnowWhoIAm

YouKnowWhoIAm is on a distinguished road

i agree it would of! that's why i e-mailed them everyday, but they never replied! What else can I do?????
YouKnowWhoIAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2003, 12:17 PM   #4
Drbio
Banned

Respect their rules? You haven't shown the ability to do that yet. You came back with additional accounts in violation of the user agreements. Not just once either. You lost your rights at that point. I have known dj to be quite fair in this regard. He does answer emails to users who at least attempt to abide by the rules. I'm not bashing you here because I don't care if you come back or not, but you have to take responsibility for your actions at some point. If you sent emails to mods, they have a forum that they discuss things in....it takes some time. Be patient. I imagine you will get a response on their timetable...not yours. You cannot expect immediate replies.
Old 01-20-2003, 12:19 PM   #5
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

I'm no genius, but it sounds like they just don't want you back.
Old 01-20-2003, 02:01 PM   #6
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

UD: go read doc's post here in the lounge entitled "Why I don't post as much anymore". Profanity was and admittedly is still driving away a lot of posters especially the female posters. Personally I think that you brought some good ideas to the board, but some of your more extreme behavior took away those positives and more. Perhaps a good approach to take with the mods would be to convince them that you are committed to changes in your behavior. This may take a little while. Email me personally if you would like to dicuss this. My email is in my profile.

I would like to see you back, but you do need to reform to make it work.
Old 01-20-2003, 02:29 PM   #7
nowitzki_prophecy
Platinum Member

nowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the rough

you'r LeRoi?! the irish guy?! no way!!

well,about your point,i believe he desesrves a second chance like everybody,and desereves the chance to show he has learned from his mistakes.
but im not a mod so... cant help you man,sorry.
nowitzki_prophecy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2003, 02:30 PM   #8
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

I hope this doesn't get me banned but if Uber's punishment was for 1 week than why hasn't he been able to come back? And I agree it does seem like they don't want you back. Why try so hard to come to come here if they don't want you here? I suggest you find another board lol.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

1996-2005
FilthyFinMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2003, 02:55 PM   #9
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

LonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to all

well,about your point,i believe he desesrves a second chance like everybody,and desereves the chance to show he has learned from his mistakes.

That's exactly the point. He HAS been given a second chance before(he's been banned a half dozen times or more), but he hasn't learned that you just can't go around treating EVERYONE like an a$$hole. We're not going to tolarate that here. Period!

As far as the e-mails go, I've NEVER received one from you Uber. But from my understanding, I don't blame anybody for not replying. Because you seem to be doing this in a harassing manner.

Website - www.thegamesector.com
Hell bent 100% Texan 'til I die.
LonestarROB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2003, 03:49 PM   #10
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

Rhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, all bans were lifted, yes, all records were cleared -- but we reserve the right as stone cold pimpin' moderators to whup up on anyone who is a troll, at any time, with any amount of severity that the magnificent 7 of us agree upon.

Peace.

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Rhylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2003, 04:41 PM   #11
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

BTW I just want to state that altough the mods may not be perfect, they have an incredibly difficult job. I think that they do a pretty good job and deserve all our thanks. It is always difficult to weigh the rights of individuals against the rights of a community. At some point we as individuals need to take responsibility of our actions and try not to rely solely upon the mods to be our conscious.
Old 01-20-2003, 04:49 PM   #12
Chiwas
Guru

Chiwas is infamous around these partsChiwas is infamous around these parts

You should be entitled Honorary Guru right now, LRB. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 01-20-2003, 04:57 PM   #13
nowitzki_prophecy
Platinum Member

nowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the rough

im sorry LRB,i usuelly agree with ya but this is BS.
i doubt our mods consider the rights of this and that,its pretty much one sided,didnt expect it to be different,its just not as proffesional and respected as you made it to be.
they see somebody saying something out of line,the warn him,he does it again,his band,its not that tough.

no offense mods,you know the NP loves ya.
Old 01-20-2003, 04:58 PM   #14
senorfrog

senorfrog is on a distinguished road

<< BTW I just want to state that altough the mods may not be perfect, they have an incredibly difficult job. I think that they do a pretty good job and deserve all our thanks. It is always difficult to weigh the rights of individuals against the rights of a community. At some point we as individuals need to take responsibility of our actions and try not to rely solely upon the mods to be our conscious. >>

Here, here. Right Rhylan[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 01-20-2003, 05:23 PM   #15
LRB
Guru

<< im sorry LRB,i usuelly agree with ya but this is BS.
i doubt our mods consider the rights of this and that,its pretty much one sided,didnt expect it to be different,its just not as proffesional and respected as you made it to be.
they see somebody saying something out of line,the warn him,he does it again,his band,its not that tough.

no offense mods,you know the NP loves ya.
>>

But it is difficult in many situations to determine what is out of line and what is just alowing people the freedom to express themselves. Is &quot;ass&quot; always worth a strike. What about when referring to a donkey? What if you are calling someone that as a name? Telling someone to kiss a part of your anatomy using it? Usining it as a derogatory symonym for woman? What about using arse? a$$, @ss, &amp;$$ or some other symbolism. What constitutes harrassment and what is just good debate. If the mods called everyone on every possible technical violation, there would be no one to post except for the mods, and they might have to ban themselves too. It takes judgement as to what violates the spirit of the rules here and to make sure that this board remains an open place to post for as many and diverse a group as possible. But even if the decision is easy to make as it is sometimes. Take UD profanity. I've seen no one on the board come close to his overuse of it. But it still isn't an easy decision to be the bad guy and ban someone. Every though some of the mods may not personally like UD or other people that they ban, there is still the conflict with conscience of whether they are doing it for personal reasons or for the right reason. I believe that all the mods have those conflicts of conscience to some degree. This is probably the hardest part of the job in my estimation. So I will stand by what I say. I will of cource recognize your right to disagree though.
Old 01-20-2003, 06:08 PM   #16
BrianJ

BrianJ is on a distinguished road

Free Ubie!
BrianJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2003, 06:28 PM   #17
Chiwas
Guru

Chiwas is infamous around these partsChiwas is infamous around these parts

<< I will of cource recognize your right to disagree though. >>

No, I don't, not on this subject. Read the D-M's Community Standars, they are very clear. Everybody who entered here accepted that statement. Nobody can disagree with them cause we signed in agreeing on them.

<< Respectfulness – We require our members to show respect for others. Respecting their person, their time and their opinions – even if you disagree with them. Respect also includes respecting the right of Dallas-Mavs.com administrators and moderators to make judgments and enforce these Community Standards. >>

I don't care if UD returns because he can't hurt me even trying it, and also enjoyed some of his posts, but there are many of my friends, specially women, who don't want to see UD again, and that's a very good reason to concur in his obligated absence.

Edit...dictionnnnnnnnnn, aaagggggggggggg.
Old 01-20-2003, 07:03 PM   #18
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

Rhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond repute

<< But it is difficult in many situations to determine what is out of line and what is just alowing people the freedom to express themselves. Is &quot;ass&quot; always worth a strike. >>

This is exactly why you don't see the strike policy being followed to the letter, with guys like UD, or with others. He's never been as interested in talking basketball as he has been in starting trouble. Therefore, it's not his language or his attitude that necessarily got him banned, as you will note by our many great posters who occasionally pop off or spew a few profanities. That's life and this is an adult message board, it happens, but as long as civility prevails in the end, it's all good.

When you have a legitimately contributing poster who, over an extended period of time, becomes belligerant and uncouth to the point that it affects the other members, that's when you follow the strike/warning policy. Because the person is a legitimately contributing member, who intends to use the board civilly, you give the member a chance or two to come back to Earth. The only actual example of this that I can think of is Hales. Good ol' Hales. I wish he'd come back. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

You don't serve up strikes for individual words or statements -- unless they're directed at another member and happen more than occasionally.

Some of the newer folks don't realize to what extent that UberDirk and RCF have both failed to legitimately contribute to discussions over their long careers here. Rather than being normal human beings, they've just seen fit to masquerade with quasi-celebrity personalities and try to piss people off. That makes them trolls. They both came here after trolling at other boards. They're not real members. They're people who we've given the chances to, in fairness, and they pissed them away. So, they get banned. But, they're hard to catch, so sometimes they get let back on. FYI newbies, UberDirk used to be Dirk77, who went through about 8 screen names. It's tough sometimes to tell who is who and who isn't. So when UD came back and started out halfway civil, we let him hang around, even though we were pretty sure it was him. Then, eventually, as it is with all trolls, the real Dirk77 came out, and he got sent up the river. That's how it always happens!
Old 01-20-2003, 07:20 PM   #19
LRB
Guru

<< I don't care if UD returns because he can't hurt me even trying it, and also enjoyed some of his posts, but there are many of my friends, specially women, who don't want to see UD again, and that's a very good reason to concur in his obligated absence >>

Chiwas: Which is the primary reason I would prefer not to see UD posting again unless something changes. It is highly unfair to those who he has offended and kept from using the board in his blatant disregard for the community standards. I sincerely hope that he changes and can some day come back and be a productive member of this community,. But until the mods feel assured that there is a high likely hood of this happening, I fully support them in their decision to keep him and others who have behaved like him out.
Old 01-20-2003, 07:49 PM   #20
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

I support there decision also but if there rules say you are banned for 1 week shouldn't it be 1 week? Honestly UD did not offend me but that doesn't mean he didn't offend others. His posts contained something you would see on South Park. Bur what I saw was a Mavs fan. The only problem I had was having to read that nonsense. Is ther some new technology where you say something and the keyboard types it for you? How can you sit on the comp and type a**,d***,b****,f*** and other words in that same range and feel you are contributing to the board?

1996-2005
Old 01-20-2003, 07:49 PM   #21
OutletPass
Diamond Member

OutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really nice

Some of the newer folks don't realize to what extent that UberDirk and RCF have both failed to legitimately contribute to discussions over their long careers here. Rather than being normal human beings, they've just seen fit to masquerade with quasi-celebrity personalities and try to piss people off....FYI newbies, UberDirk used to be Dirk77, who went through about 8 screen names.

I've been in on the whole history of D77...all the way from the dreaded and defunct Mavstalk. And, as everyone knows, I had some real big issues with the clown known as RCF/SuperSlowMo. And Rhylan's last post really goes to the heart of the matter.

I think a rereading of what is expected around here should be mandatory for all. The key word, that the Mods, and especially Rhylan, stress is &quot;contribution&quot;. Everyone, and I mean everyone, should make a contribution to this forum in their own way. We seem to be getting less and less of that every day. Most of my interaction is now occurring through PM's with others that I respect and enjoy reading.

Now, along with some others, I'm posting less and less because of the lack of &quot;quality&quot; around here. I'm not here to slam all of our newbies, but most of them don't seem to have a clue as to how to really contribute either. All I see are a bunch of one or two sentence posts that don't really add much. I've always tried to post a lot of outside articles, stats, and other things to give us a well rounded conversation.

UD, there are some people here that would welcome you back if you'd make a contribution, quit with the language, and start obeying the rules...but you have a really long history to overcome. But Ubie, as Chiwas points out, you've gone over the line with many more members and, frankly, they don't want you here.

Take some time off, please. And, from here on, take Doc's advice and keep this a private matter between you and the mods.

Old 01-20-2003, 07:54 PM   #22
veruca salt
Platinum Member

veruca salt will become famous soon enough

He's never upset me or even offended me (and we all know
how hard he's tried!) He amuses me more than anything else, but in
an annoying &quot;can i turn you off now&quot; way.
I'd be glad to see him gone though, as well all know, and as Rhylan
said very beautifully, he's just a trouble maker, not a real poster.

Quasi-Celebrity. Haha. I love it.

Smile like you mean it
veruca salt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2003, 07:57 PM   #23
OzMavs
Platinum Member

OzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud of

UD
Thank you, come again.

I'll buy you a drink: HERE

NOW WITH FREE REP WITH EVERY DRINK!!
OzMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2003, 12:14 PM   #24
nowitzki_prophecy
Platinum Member

i guess i agree with the mods for not lifting the bad,cause as Rob said,they gave him more than one chance to show he learned,and he failed over and over again.

but i do think that in another week or two,he should be given even another chance,im not sure i want to be in a forum where some people arent alowed to be in.

i know profanity has no place in our forum but UD should be given any chance we can give him to show he really has learned.
if he started writing E-Mails and stuff like that,it must mean alot to him,i'd say wait another week,than give him another chance,last chance.
Old 01-21-2003, 12:24 PM   #25
aexchange
Boom goes the Dynamite!

aexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant future

<< i guess i agree with the mods for not lifting the bad,cause as Rob said,they gave him more than one chance to show he learned,and he failed over and over again.

but i do think that in another week or two,he should be given even another chance,im not sure i want to be in a forum where some people arent alowed to be in.

i know profanity has no place in our forum but UD should be given any chance we can give him to show he really has learned.
if he started writing E-Mails and stuff like that,it must mean alot to him,i'd say wait another week,than give him another chance,last chance.
>>

no more chances.

we've given UD and RCF more than enough chances. its getting ridiculous.
aexchange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2003, 04:44 PM   #26
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

NP made a good point. IF D77 has sent you guys emails and even posted a thread knowing he could get banned in the lounge asking for you to answer his emails this bored must mean a lot to him. Can't you give him another chance just for that alone? But I don't want to see any f*** Nelson or Finley is a pig type of crap on here. But I don't get offended by it which kinda makes me wonder how can you get offended by it? THe lords name in vane is another story.

1996-2005
Old 01-22-2003, 04:48 PM   #27
veruca salt
Platinum Member

I doubt I can even count the ammount of chances he's had on 2 hands.
I really don't think ONE more is going to make a difference.
He is incapable of keeping all that rage in.

Smile like you mean it
Old 01-22-2003, 05:12 PM   #28
Drbio
Banned

<< I doubt I can even count the ammount of chances he's had on 2 hands.
>>

And that is why he will not receive another shot. Strike one, two, or maybe three....but not strike sixty-two.
Old 01-22-2003, 05:20 PM   #29
nowitzki_prophecy
Platinum Member

yea,but banning him for a couple of days has clearly didnt did the job,he knew he would be posting in no time so he did what he wanted.
i really think he learned is lesson,you can see he loves the site,and now i think he knows that been banned for good is a very vivid option,give him another chance.
Old 01-22-2003, 05:28 PM   #30
Drbio
Banned

Should have thought of that several bannings ago. It's too late and complaining about it will only irritate the mods. Let it go......he's not coming back.
Old 01-22-2003, 05:35 PM   #31
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

He's actually been banned &quot;permanently&quot; three times, now. Case closed.
Old 01-22-2003, 05:36 PM   #32
nowitzki_prophecy
Platinum Member

irritate the mods?!im sorry i havent noticed the mods were crowned.
the mods are mods just to keep everything in order,prevent caos,not to demonstrate a new way of censorship,preventing a member to speak his mind.
if i think UD should get another chance,i'll say it,i'll scream it,no one needs to pay any attention to it,but i'll do it anyway for those who will.
Old 01-22-2003, 06:07 PM   #33
LRB
Guru

NP: I hear and understand your argument. Just don't agree with it. But let me flip to your side and UberDirk's for a moment.

If the mods were every to change their stance, and in all likelyhood they won't and for good reason, they would need to feel some sort of confidence that UberDirk is contrite about his past actions and will not repeat them. His Suspension now is has been what? A couple of weeks or so. At a minimum, he should probably be out a month or 2 before this conversation becomes relavant. He's been banned &quot;permantly&quot; multiple times before. He's been let back in, and he's done the same crap over and over again. A couple of weeks suspension is not enough time to send a strong message with UD's back ground.

Furthermore, the board is still trying to recover from the infusion of profanity and crudeness that UD helped make so prevalent. Many posters have turned away and we are just now getting some to return. I don't think it is fair to restore UD rights to post for the upteenth time when those who he helped drive away haven't had adequate time to return.

Also, take into account the UD has shown little contrition for his actions. He came back unter another alias, and was banned. He repeated that action to start this thread. But did he offer any contrite apologies for his actions? No. He only complained about the mods treatment of him. IMO he should have profusely apologized for the original behavior that led to his ban. He only apologized for the &quot;LeRoi&quot; alias. Which BTW would warrant another suspension at the least.

I asked UD to contact me personally. If he had or if he does, I will attempt to coach him to work with the mods and not against them. He needs to show contrition 1st. He needs to demonstrate this over a substantial period of time. Even with this, it may be too late for him on this board. There is no guarrantee in life for unlimited chances. But if he even hopes to get one more, he needs to do demonstrate that he has changed. I've seen nothing to even suggest that he has.

UD's action have hurt this board. If the mods treat this lightly, they would be sending a strong message that we don't take our standards seriously on this board. I am very glad that that message isn't being sent. I like UD, but I think that it is wrong to continue to let him flaunt the rules and offend large segments of our posters. UD needs to learn accountability for his actions. I don't feel like that has taken place. Moveover, the mods who have much more information that we do, don't feel this either.

I truely wish the best for UD. But I do not feel that letting him back in at this time is the best for him, and it certainly isn't the best for the board.
Old 01-22-2003, 06:31 PM   #34
veruca salt
Platinum Member

<<

<< I doubt I can even count the ammount of chances he's had on 2 hands.
>>

And that is why he will not receive another shot. Strike one, two, or maybe three....but not strike sixty-two.
>>

Well that's actually what I was trying to say, but reading back over it, it looks like i said, &quot;well we may aswell give him one more chance&quot; but i meant &quot;i don't think he'll be different this time&quot;
I guess that's what happens when you're stoopid.

Smile like you mean it
Old 01-22-2003, 09:42 PM   #35
Drbio
Banned

Actually I was agreeing there...but I'm stoopid too. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Old 01-23-2003, 06:21 PM   #36
BrianJ

BrianJ is on a distinguished road

This is a very entertaining thread. This board obviously is huge for Ubie t olet out his Dirk man love. I do not believe he is a convicted felon. The mans not Hanibal Lector, he might be annoying but not harmful to society. Why not let him back on then boot him off again whats the worst that can happen? Alot of times people who are easily offended are the same people who strike out at the easy target harmless Ubies of the world, but they don't have the sac to stand up to the real problem makers.
BrianJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2003, 11:12 PM   #37
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

<< Why not let him back on then boot him off again whats the worst that can happen? >>

The worst that can happen is that it's a pain in the ass for me. And others. How about we all retire as mods for a month and let you do it? You'll change your mind when you realize that somebody like D77 is nothing but a nuisance. Trolls erode board quality for everyone else. If you feel so sorry for the guy, start a troll-sympathy board someplace.
Old 01-23-2003, 11:18 PM   #38
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

I fully support this agressive troll-zapping policy. Zero tolerance is the best plan for keeping this site fun for the majority of the posters.
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2003, 11:56 PM   #39
OutletPass
Diamond Member

OutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really nice

For all of those who don't know the whole history of D77/UD, I suggest that you get up to date. Nothing has ever changed him and nothing ever will.

Ever tried to keep an &quot;amorous&quot; dog off of your leg. Same thing.
Old 01-24-2003, 12:08 AM   #40
LRB
Guru

<< Ever tried to keep an &quot;amorous&quot; dog off of your leg. Same thing. >>

LOL - Good analogy OP

Brian: Keep in mind that being new to this site that you've not experienced the full history of UberDirk, aka Dirk77. I've seen a good bit, but far from most. But this guy has received more chances than lives in a room full of cats. And still with all these chances he continued with the behavior. So, name one thing that you can point to that shows that he's changed his ways and will not revert backt to the previous behavior?

I fully support the mods in this decision. We want to be as inclusive as reasonable on this board. In order to do this, behavior like UD's needs to be banned. Letting him back in at this point would be an open invitation for him to continue with his previous behavior. Maybe a few months of being banned and not let in will cause UD to change. Maybe not. But letting him in now would be sending the wrong message. If ever there is an appropriate time for your argument, it would be after UD has had time to change and can show at least some remorse for his actions and give some credible proof that he's changed. Don't know what that proof could be off hand, but I do know he hasn't had time enough to change.