Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 05-15-2009, 07:04 PM   #401
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas86 View Post

I wanted Stephen Jackson on this team since last summer...I really hope the Mavs go after him this summer.
Me too...
Contract might be borderline though. They'll take on a long deal, but his is pretty lengthy.
Old 05-15-2009, 07:41 PM   #402
bobatundi
Golden Member

bobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond repute

Stack for SJax works straight-up. Saves GS a boatload of money, gets the Mavs the attitude, the size, the shooting, the defense, the athleticism...the more I think about it, the more I think I'd really like him as our starting SG. If we could then turn Damp + Cash into a real C (Kaman or Chandler in a salary dump?) and re-sign Kidd, we'd be formidable.

Kidd
SJax
Josh
Dirk
Kaman

bench:
JET
Bass
Hollins
MLE-signing (Ariza? Artest? Felton? I can dream)
bobatundi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 07:52 PM   #403
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobatundi View Post
Stack for SJax works straight-up. Saves GS a boatload of money, gets the Mavs the attitude, the size, the shooting, the defense, the athleticism...the more I think about it, the more I think I'd really like him as our starting SG. If we could then turn Damp + Cash into a real C (Kaman or Chandler in a salary dump?) and re-sign Kidd, we'd be formidable.

Kidd
SJax
Josh
Dirk
Kaman

bench:
JET
Bass
Hollins
MLE-signing (Ariza? Artest? Felton? I can dream)
I read something I need to confirm...if it's true, then LA has Bird Rights on Ariza. If that's the case, scratch him off the list, I doubt they'll let him go if it won't dip into their wallet as worse as it could be.

It'd be sweet if it just took Stack for Captain Jack, but I doubt it'll be that easy.

edit: Still can't find any valid confirmation about BR with Ariza...so maybe that's not the case. They'll have to decide about who is more important: Odom or Ariza. And after reading...they definitely want the LA FO to go after Kidd. A minority group of people though don't think he ultimately fixes their problem. He helps in certain areas but doesn't fix what they need though.

Last edited by BGMaverick9; 05-15-2009 at 08:00 PM.
BGMaverick9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 07:53 PM   #404
BGMaverick9
Guru

Quote:
Mavs must make Jerry Stackhouse's contract pay off for them
9:34 AM Fri, May 15, 2009
Tim MacMahon

The powers that be at the AAC won't come out and say it, but Jerry Stackhouse's days in Dallas are done.

That doesn't mean Stack, who exceeded expectations on and off the floor during his tenure here, can't help the Mavericks next season.

Because of the buyout clause in his contract, Stack is a prized trade chip. He counts as a $7 million salary in any deal, but the team that gets him can buy him out for $2 million by Aug. 1. That's especially valuable to a team trying to trim payroll to avoid the luxury tax.

"We've got nothing but the utmost respect for Jerry," Mavs GM Donnie Nelson said. "That being said, we've got some decisions. I don't think it's any secret that his contract status is attractive to other teams. Those are things that have to play themselves out over the course of the summer."

The Mavs have no intention to keep Stack at his $7 million salary. If they don't include him in a trade, they'll buy out his contract.

It'd be a big-time blown opportunity if the Mavs aren't able to take advantage of Stack's unique contract situation this summer. They tried to trade him to Sacramento for John Salmons before the deadline, but the Kings made a deal with Chicago that also unloaded Brad Miller's contract instead.

Finding a trade fit for Stack that fills a hole on the Mavs' roster ranks pretty high on Nelson's summer to-do list.
Mmmmmm hmmmmm.

Last edited by BGMaverick9; 05-15-2009 at 07:54 PM.
Old 05-15-2009, 08:20 PM   #405
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, I have been very interested in JAX for some time now. I would be delighted if my favorite non-mav player became a MAV..
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 08:30 PM   #406
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGMaverick9 View Post
I still think you'd get more bang for you buck with maybe 2/3 of a season with Shaq vs 4/5 of one with Chandler. The point is...BOTH of them are going to miss time. It's up to you if you buy into the hype that Shaq is saying he is determined to prove he still has stuff left in the tank and that he's losing a bunch of weight and working our hard. I think he's still driven by rings and comfort. He has a big ego and he wants to be remembered as one of the most dominant bigs in league history. The numbers can validate that, the rings do so even more.

And with Hollins...why would you want Chandler when you have a Chandler starter-kit with Hollins. I'd want a variety at the position. Shaq and Hollins would be complimentary pieces to each other.

------
More digging suggests this is what Phoenix would like in terms of a deal:
-Shaq for Josh + Stack
-Shaq + JRich for Josh + Barea + Damp + Stack
-Shaq for Bass (S&T) + Damp + Wright
-Shaq for Bass (S&T) + Damp

Damp/Stack alone isn't going to cut it for them. At least right now it isn't.

YEah I get what you are saying, there is no guarantee Chandler is going to be healthy and I agree that Hollins could be Chandler+ if he worked really hard. I just think so many times players as big as Shaq with that age and mileage, his mind is telling him he can play and he still wants to play in his heart but my point is that I think it all betrays his body and legs when he actually has to go out and do it. I just don't want to be the team that he just can't do this anymore with, ya know? That could be disastrous if all we have is Hollins as a backup and he hasn't improved like we really need and Shaq goes down or something.

I really want Hollins to blossom, we are due and deserve a guy to improve within the system. That would be ideal imo, but we are obviously in no situation to stand pat in hopes.
Old 05-15-2009, 08:34 PM   #407
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future

Chandler is nothing more than a serviceable center
mavs777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 08:39 PM   #408
SMC0007
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavs777 View Post
Chandler is nothing more than a serviceable center
I disagree, while he may not be spectacular he is really athletic, a good rebounder, he's quick, sets good picks, blocks shots and plays solid defense. Not sure about his attitude or anything off the court but he has more nastiness than Damp and is much more aggressive.
Old 05-15-2009, 09:00 PM   #409
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Sure i would love Jax but he is the "man" and captain there. Sure their backcourt is overloaded but Nellie allready tried to pull Craw out of town. They will trade Craw for any expiring, the same could happen with Maggette if that is the price now to have Jax in GS.

They will just offer Mags or Craw. Or they clear the guards in a toronto trade with Bosh (Pick/Randolph/Wright etc) and Mags or Craw as money filler.

Pretty sure we dont have a chance to get him.

Last edited by sefant77; 05-15-2009 at 09:02 PM.
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 09:10 PM   #410
BGMaverick9
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
YEah I get what you are saying, there is no guarantee Chandler is going to be healthy and I agree that Hollins could be Chandler+ if he worked really hard. I just think so many times players as big as Shaq with that age and mileage, his mind is telling him he can play and he still wants to play in his heart but my point is that I think it all betrays his body and legs when he actually has to go out and do it. I just don't want to be the team that he just can't do this anymore with, ya know? That could be disastrous if all we have is Hollins as a backup and he hasn't improved like we really need and Shaq goes down or something.

I really want Hollins to blossom, we are due and deserve a guy to improve within the system. That would be ideal imo, but we are obviously in no situation to stand pat in hopes.
Shaq played 75 games...SEVENTY-FIVE games this year. They did the B2B security option early in the year and I think that was blown up to be a bigger issue than it clearly was. The bigger issue is finding a way to take away the Phoenix training staff or finding the next best thing for him to keep him and anyone else on our team extra healthy.

You can't base your decision based off of fear of injury, that's just not going to get you anywhere. Make your move, live with the result.
Old 05-15-2009, 09:22 PM   #411
SMC0007
Guru

Quote:
Shaq played 75 games...SEVENTY-FIVE games this year. They did the B2B security option early in the year and I think that was blown up to be a bigger issue than it clearly was. The bigger issue is finding a way to take away the Phoenix training staff or finding the next best thing for him to keep him and anyone else on our team extra healthy.

You can't base your decision based off of fear of injury, that's just not going to get you anywhere. Make your move, live with the result.

I was impressed with Shaq last year.

MY decision leans more towards his age and inevitable breakdown. I guess I'm not confident that can he squeeze another good year out of that big body, much less 2 or 3. I do like his confidence and what he brings to the locker room tho.
Old 05-15-2009, 09:33 PM   #412
tybrock

tybrock is a jewel in the roughtybrock is a jewel in the roughtybrock is a jewel in the roughtybrock is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
I was impressed with Shaq last year.

MY decision leans more towards his age and inevitable breakdown. I guess I'm not confident that can he squeeze another good year out of that big body, much less 2 or 3. I do like his confidence and what he brings to the locker room tho.
I think Shaq can still produce for one more year. He certainly could come in here and produce more than Damp. Your probably right about the next 2 to 3 years, but that won't be our problem. His contract expires next season, and I would be surprised if he signed with us again. Unless we won a championship with him
tybrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 09:42 PM   #413
MaVs 41 BaLler
Golden Member

MaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by tybrock View Post
I think Shaq can still produce for one more year. He certainly could come in here and produce more than Damp. Your probably right about the next 2 to 3 years, but that won't be our problem. His contract expires next season, and I would be surprised if he signed with us again. Unless we won a championship with him
Shaq would bring a lot to this team. Especially since the all-star game is in Dallas and if he makes the all-star team everyone will be talking about us.
Old 05-15-2009, 10:00 PM   #414
tybrock

tybrock is a jewel in the roughtybrock is a jewel in the roughtybrock is a jewel in the roughtybrock is a jewel in the rough

One thing I'm interested in is this years draft. Everyone says we should draft a PG for Kidd to mold. Now I like the sound of that, but what about Barea? Meaning, do we want whoever we draft to take Barea's minutes? Barea showed some real strides this year, and with experience will only get better. This is not the strongest draft. I wonder if anyone we draft can come in and produce immediately as much as JJ. I believe we could get by with Kidd, Barea, and Jet running the point. As long as we get the other pieces we need to the puzzle. Which may require us using our 1st round pick in a deal.
Old 05-15-2009, 10:03 PM   #415
darkwitzki
Golden Member

darkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of light

Packaged CP3, Chandler and Stojakovic for Josh, Damp, Stackhouse, Bass and Terry and a 1st rounder. Is that possible btw?
Old 05-15-2009, 10:13 PM   #416
BGMaverick9
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by tybrock View Post
One thing I'm interested in is this years draft. Everyone says we should draft a PG for Kidd to mold. Now I like the sound of that, but what about Barea? Meaning, do we want whoever we draft to take Barea's minutes? Barea showed some real strides this year, and with experience will only get better. This is not the strongest draft. I wonder if anyone we draft can come in and produce immediately as much as JJ. I believe we could get by with Kidd, Barea, and Jet running the point. As long as we get the other pieces we need to the puzzle. Which may require us using our 1st round pick in a deal.
That's gotta be one of the few ideas that has some steam for a pick. PGs are going to be available in that range and they have the potential to be pretty darn good. Their chances get better if they're smart and shadow Kidd and pick his brain and just absorb everything like a sponge.

I imagine JJ will get some interest around the league, he had a breakout year in a sense. He's an absolute bargain for what he can do and the skill-set he has.

If we keep him and decide the use the pick in a deal...that works too.

We've got a lot of options and routes we can go.
Old 05-15-2009, 10:24 PM   #417
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

Dirk has always wanted a center to pass to for an easy dunk as he rises up for a fadeaway.
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 10:29 PM   #418
MaVs 41 BaLler
Golden Member

MaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkadirkastan View Post
Dirk has always wanted a center to pass to for an easy dunk as he rises up for a fadeaway.
Shaqtastic this.

Also if Shaq came to Dallas what would be his Dallas Shaq nickname?
Old 05-15-2009, 10:33 PM   #419
ghazi
Platinum Member

ghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud of

Kaman sucks.
ghazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 10:33 PM   #420
ghazi
Platinum Member

ghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud of

If Kidd doesn't come back I'm gonna be pissed. Cmon Kidd
Old 05-15-2009, 10:34 PM   #421
ghazi
Platinum Member

Quote:
I disagree, while he may not be spectacular he is really athletic, a good rebounder, he's quick, sets good picks, blocks shots and plays solid defense. Not sure about his attitude or anything off the court but he has more nastiness than Damp and is much more aggressive.
1 year ago

This year he was terrible and injured. Dampier had a better year than Chandler.

His health is a concern and red flag for me. OKC rescinded that trade on him and he came back to play like absolute s-hit aftereward and missed aboatload of games. definite risk, and only a marginal upgrade at best.
Old 05-15-2009, 10:35 PM   #422
Nowitzki4President

Nowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaVs 41 BaLler View Post
Shaqtastic this.

Shaq-dizzle

The Shaqanator

The Love Shaq

Just throwin' out ideas lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nowitzki4President View Post
Nowitzki4President is the greatest man to ever live!
Nowitzki4President is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 10:36 PM   #423
tybrock

Quote:
That's gotta be one of the few ideas that has some steam for a pick. PGs are going to be available in that range and they have the potential to be pretty darn good. Their chances get better if they're smart and shadow Kidd and pick his brain and just absorb everything like a sponge.

I imagine JJ will get some interest around the league, he had a breakout year in a sense. He's an absolute bargain for what he can do and the skill-set he has.

If we keep him and decide the use the pick in a deal...that works too.

We've got a lot of options and routes we can go.
I guess with us not having a 1st round pick for next year. That would make this our best opportunity to get our PG for the future. I like JJ, but he could certainly help push a deal with teams needing PG help.
Old 05-15-2009, 10:37 PM   #424
MaVs 41 BaLler
Golden Member

I'd rather have Hollins work his ass off over the summer gain some weight and become an elite center. Anything is possible if you just put your mind and dedication toward it.
Old 05-15-2009, 10:39 PM   #425
tybrock

Quote:
Shaqtastic this.

He should stick with The Big Diesel!
Old 05-15-2009, 10:47 PM   #426
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Has no low post moves or a medium range jumper, horrific free throw shooter (has shot under 60% last 4 years) coming off an injury, again servicable, around 15-20.
mavs777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 10:58 PM   #427
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

I like a lot of things about S-jax, but the guy is also the architect of some of the most boneheaded plays you'll see in the NBA (short of Zach Randolph, of course). For those of you that roll your eyes when Howard dicks around with the ball for 15 seconds and then tries a step-back 22-footer (and I'm certainly among you), you had better prepare yourselves for a LOT of similarly frustrating plays if we get S-jax.

Still, there are certain things I very much like about the guy.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 11:03 PM   #428
MaVs 41 BaLler
Golden Member

Well we have to kick ourselves for letting Brad Miller and John Salmons slip.

Last edited by MaVs 41 BaLler; 05-16-2009 at 01:34 AM. Reason: we not he
MaVs 41 BaLler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 11:26 PM   #429
darkwitzki
Golden Member

darkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Well he have to kick ourselves for letting Brad Miller and John Salmons slip.

Salmons and Miller would've made a difference.. Who are we going to trade for them btw?
Old 05-15-2009, 11:26 PM   #430
pdh

pdh is on a distinguished road

Kidd/jjbarea
Joe Johnson
Artest
Dirk/bass
Shaq/hollins

70 wins and a championship baby!!
pdh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 12:49 AM   #431
Thomas86
Golden Member

Thomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to all

What about Kirk Kinrich?...he can play both PG/SG, quick and a very good defender that would play great along side Kidd.
Thomas86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 12:50 AM   #432
BGMaverick9
Guru

Quote:
Well he have to kick ourselves for letting Brad Miller and John Salmons slip.
We made our move for them and offered Stack and the salary relief...they chose to go with Chicago.

And it'll take more than 1 summer for Hollins to become an elite center. It's possible, but not in one summer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas86 View Post
What about Kirk Kinrich?...he can play both PG/SG, quick and a very good defender that would play great along side Kidd.
He'd be an awesome option but why would he leave a team where he's the 2nd fiddle in the PG game to be just another 2nd fiddle? He's a great option if we lost Kidd, unless we're just trying to stack the roster, which we can't that way.

So if not PG...Shooting Guard? Hinrich as a SG is not the answer.

Last edited by BGMaverick9; 05-16-2009 at 12:52 AM.
Old 05-16-2009, 02:04 AM   #433
ghazi
Platinum Member

Heinrich isn't a difference maker.

I like Jackson's D and toughness but he's an inefficient offensive player. That is okay though as long as you're not relying on him as your 2nd or 3rd scorer.
Old 05-16-2009, 02:56 AM   #434
Justin Credible

Justin Credible is a name known to allJustin Credible is a name known to allJustin Credible is a name known to allJustin Credible is a name known to allJustin Credible is a name known to allJustin Credible is a name known to allJustin Credible is a name known to allJustin Credible is a name known to allJustin Credible is a name known to allJustin Credible is a name known to all

I still disagree with the nay-sayers and stand by that Bosh needs to be our #1 goal for this offseason. He not only could play sf (as he has shown himself to be aggressive to the paint on more than one occasion), but he could be a centerpiece for the Mavs to build on in the future.

He plays decent D, hit almost 23ppg this season, averaged 10 rebs a game, and could potentially just get better with proper training. Pick up Bosh, resign Kidd, keep Barea/Bass/Hollins/Wright/Dirk and either Howard or Terry (preferably Howard, but we know that he'll be the centerpiece for any big deal).. Then all we'd be missing is a decent athletic center. Use the draft to pick up a PG to mold and we'd be a contender.

Kidd/Barea/Drafted player
Terry/Wright
Bosh/Wright
Dirk/Bass
_______/Hollins

That lineup is instantly more athletic and consistent, as well as more defensive (given that we find a center that's worth a damn). I keep thinking that Shaq would be great, but then again I think that the Mavs have shown that they're at their best when they're a faster-paced team, so maybe Shaq really isn't the answer. Tyson Chandler could be great but it's a gamble at best given his health issues.

I wouldn't be opposed to Artest being picked up, but at the same time I think that could be rather difficult to achieve considering he'll probably demand an insane price.

Luis Scola might be a decent pick up, but I honestly don't see him having any drastic influence on the team as it stands right now. Rudy Gay will be up on the block in 2010 so the Grizzlies might be willing to work on a deal for him if they thought that he might consider going anywhere.. That could be great to look into giving that he's still a young and very talented player. Matter of fact, the more I think about it the more I'd be ecstatic to see Cuban at least attempt to throw Howard and a few others at Memphis to get Gay (I lol'd). He plays SF, a position that we will definitely need to be filled after this, and he seems to enjoy driving to the paint which would be perfect for someone playing next to Dirk.

I still most definitely wouldn't be opposed to picking up Matt Barnes, although I don't think that he would be an impact player either. That being said he might be able to be bought out for cheap considering he made under $800k this season while playing for the Suns. Matter of fact, scratch that.. I mean, we definitely need more aggressive players but the last thing we need is another inconsistent player.

Okur would probably be a decent option as a center considering he scores, but I don't know if I'd actually try to throw a big deal at the Jazz to pick him up...

I don't know what really to add to this. I mean, there are a million possibilities and each of them have their ups and downs. I'm standing with our best options at the moment are Bosh and Gay. We could theoretically just start Hollins and let Damp come off the bench and save money on a new center and really concentrate on getting Dirk some consistent help. I think that if we changed the lineup that we have (slow damp out, athletic hollins in) and just added one piece we could be a much better team to say the least.
Justin Credible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 03:24 AM   #435
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin Credible View Post
I keep thinking that Shaq would be great, but then again I think that the Mavs have shown that they're at their best when they're a faster-paced team, so maybe Shaq really isn't the answer.
Are you sure Shaq can't run the break? I don't remember, it's been a long time since the Suns played a game.
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 04:05 AM   #436
CadBane
Banned

CadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond repute

If you think Heinrich is a difference maker, you don't understand the game of basketball. That simple.
CadBane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 05:16 AM   #437
Sportstudi
Diamond Member

Sportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdh View Post
Kidd/jjbarea
Joe Johnson
Artest
Dirk/bass
Shaq/hollins

70 wins and a championship baby!!
Stop taking drugs my friend...

Edit: I would like to have JJ here, but I doubt you get him from ATL if you want to have simultaneously Shaq and Artest here in Dallas. Stack alone isn't going to cut it like it would be the case with SJax (I highly doubt that GSW would do it though).

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the former." (Albert Einstein)

Last edited by Sportstudi; 05-16-2009 at 05:28 AM.
Sportstudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 05:23 AM   #438
darkwitzki
Golden Member

Center: Shaq or Sheed
Forward: Artest or Bosh
Wing: Jefferson or Wallace

Draft : Austin Daye SF/PF
20 years old; 6'10"; 190 lbs.
Gonzaga, Sophomore

Cubes wantsss you to choose
Old 05-16-2009, 05:25 AM   #439
Sportstudi
Diamond Member

Sportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant future

Quote:
I'd rather have Hollins work his ass off over the summer gain some weight and become an elite center. Anything is possible if you just put your mind and dedication toward it.
Same here. I mean if we could get Shaq, I would take him over Kaman and Chandler, because both are very injury prone. Yes, Shaq is older and dealt with some injuries as well during his career, but isn't as prone as the other two. Moreover, his contract ends next season. Thus, I think we should try it.

Well, I know, probably it's not going to happen, but it would be nice if that happens

- Shaq for Bass (S&T) + Damp (+ Wright if necessary)
- Stack for SJax
- Josh for maybe Artest or Marion? Not that injury prone and at least the same defender, respectively better. Shaq and SJAx would outweigh the loss of offensive firepower with Josh.

Kidd/Barea
SJax/Terry/Wright (if not traded for Shaq)
Artest or Marion/Pick?/Green/(Wright?)
Dirk/Singleton (I like his hustle and he was serviceable for the most parts of the season)
Shaq/Hollins

Well, I know, we would be thin on the 3, but maybe we have to keep Green then and to use our pick for the SF.

Btw, before I forget that: Waive George

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the former." (Albert Einstein)

Last edited by Sportstudi; 05-16-2009 at 05:31 AM.
Sportstudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 08:23 AM   #440
Justin Credible

Justin Credible is a name known to allJustin Credible is a name known to allJustin Credible is a name known to allJustin Credible is a name known to allJustin Credible is a name known to allJustin Credible is a name known to allJustin Credible is a name known to allJustin Credible is a name known to allJustin Credible is a name known to allJustin Credible is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkadirkastan View Post
Are you sure Shaq can't run the break? I don't remember, it's been a long time since the Suns played a game.
I lol'd
Justin Credible is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bea > drew > erick, bea arthur could ball, bea arthur has balls, biedrins for the wins, boobsftw, damn bucksuckshot, flaco's purple nipples, mc pee pants?, oliwa?candy, ostertagtag?, tweetweet, who is this mcpants?