Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 11-18-2006, 08:56 AM   #41
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Manny only has like two years left on his contract. Manny to Texas would be a huge move.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-18-2006, 09:12 AM   #42
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

If we get manny, then it makes trading arod one of the 10 stupidest decision in the history of sports.

Last edited by Five-ofan; 11-18-2006 at 09:13 AM.
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006, 05:02 PM   #43
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

LonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to all

Garland anyone.....

Quote:
Ken Rosenthal / FOXSports.com
Posted: 1 hour ago

The White Sox are close to trading right-hander Jon Garland, according to a rival executive, and the Rangers appear to be the most logical fit.

The Rangers pursued Garland at the general managers' meetings in Naples, Fla., and White Sox G.M. Ken Williams is intrigued by several of the Rangers' pitching prospects.
Minor-league left-hander John Danks likely would be part of any Rangers package for Garland, a sinker-baller whose style would adapt well to Texas' hitter-friendly Ameriquest Field.

The Orioles and other clubs also have engaged the White Sox in talks about Garland. The White Sox have been seeking young pitching for one of their veteran starters.

A deal between the White Sox and Rangers also could be expanded to include White Sox center fielder Brian Anderson. The Rangers could lose center fielder Gary Matthews Jr. to free agency.

Garland, 27, is signed for $10 million in 2007 and $12 million in '08. He has worked 211 or more innings in each of the past three seasons and won 18 games in each of the past two. However, his ERA rose from a career-best 3.50 in 2005 to 4.51 last season.

Website - www.thegamesector.com
Hell bent 100% Texan 'til I die.
LonestarROB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006, 05:21 PM   #44
FahQ

FahQ will become famous soon enoughFahQ will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonestarROB
Garland anyone.....
Not for Danks. With the payroll limitations that Hicks has put on this team, the Rangers need cheap, home grown pitching and Danks would be that. Danks may never be what Garland is right now ( I honestly think he will be better) but if you don't have a $100 M payroll you cant afford to trade a prospect who you control the rights to for 6 years that projects to be a #2 or 3 for a pro who is a #3 that makes $11 M a year.
FahQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006, 05:27 PM   #45
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

I like Garland, but Danks seems a bit much for just him. He's only had one real good year.

Brian Anderson is an interesting possible replacement for you guys to replace GMJ, he's looked pretty good from what I've seen of him.

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
nashtymavsfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006, 07:06 PM   #46
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

You dont suddely make a guy available whom you have said was unavailable for the past couple of year when he starts getting close to actually having a major league impact...
Old 11-18-2006, 07:06 PM   #47
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

nvm

Last edited by Drbio; 11-18-2006 at 07:07 PM.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006, 08:04 PM   #48
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Five-ofan
You dont suddely make a guy available whom you have said was unavailable for the past couple of year when he starts getting close to actually having a major league impact...
They've never said he wasn't available. In fact by all accounts, after balking at first, they agreed to send Danks in the Becket trade, before Florida moved on to Boston.

I'm fine with trading Danks in the right deal, and I like Garland, but I'm not sure I like Garland that much. If Danks was the only high level pitching prospect in the deal, no Hurley or Masset, and Brian Anderson was also coming this way for some other prospects, I'd have to think about it.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
Old 11-18-2006, 08:07 PM   #49
Five-ofan
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32
They've never said he wasn't available. In fact by all accounts, after balking at first, they agreed to send Danks in the Becket trade, before Florida moved on to Boston.

I'm fine with trading Danks in the right deal, and I like Garland, but I'm not sure I like Garland that much. If Danks was the only high level pitching prospect in the deal, no Hurley or Masset, and Brian Anderson was also coming this way for some other prospects, I'd have to think about it.
Masset isnt a "high level" pitching prospect imo. Hes not just fodder either but hes not close to danks or hurley the two gems of the rangers system right now. If we give up danks we will be sorry...
Old 11-18-2006, 08:12 PM   #50
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:
Masset isnt a "high level" pitching prospect imo. Hes not just fodder either but hes not close to danks or hurley the two gems of the rangers system right now. If we give up danks we will be sorry...
No, he's not on the level. But He's on the next level. I mentioned his name because he's been mentioned along with Danks in connection to the White Sox.

We might regret trading Danks, but sometimes you have to take risks, and at this point, I'm ready to compete now to try and keep Young and Tex around after 2008. That's what JD is pointing to, competing before 2008, that's why Garland is apparantly a target.

I'd rather trade Danks for a pretty darn good pitcher who's under control for a couple years than suck next year, suck in '08 while Danks is taking his licks as a rookie, and then lose MY and Tex.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 11-18-2006, 08:21 PM   #51
Five-ofan
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32
No, he's not on the level. But He's on the next level. I mentioned his name because he's been mentioned along with Danks in connection to the White Sox.

We might regret trading Danks, but sometimes you have to take risks, and at this point, I'm ready to compete now to try and keep Young and Tex around after 2008. That's what JD is pointing to, competing before 2008, that's why Garland is apparantly a target.

I'd rather trade Danks for a pretty darn good pitcher who's under control for a couple years than suck next year, suck in '08 while Danks is taking his licks as a rookie, and then lose MY and Tex.
Im not dead set against trading him im just not into trading him for this deal...
Old 11-18-2006, 09:53 PM   #52
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
If we get manny, then it makes trading arod one of the 10 stupidest decision in the history of sports.
Several other things went into him needing to be moved other than just his salary. He was NOT a team guy that meshed well at all with the other guys in the clubhouse and it made the team chemistry terrible. There were quotes when he left about several Rangers never wanting to speak up because they felt he was the leader - that didn't lead. They didn't want to ever say the wrong thing and he made them all uncomfortable.

He also wanted to win now and there were several reports that he wanted out of Texas. That can really harm a baseball team where good teams generally have GREAT chemistry, like we did the year he left.

Manny is a very strong bat. He could put up CRAZY numbers here just like AROD did. Yeah it would make the dollars crazy regarding the swap for AROD and Manny coming on board, but damn it if it wouldn't help us win. And besides, he almost spent 40ish million dollars, (30 plus the guys salary), for that Japanese pitcher. Maybe he is ready to raise the payroll a bit. Thiggy is right - it is time to start winning or our main guys are soon going to want out when their contract expires. Remember, Manny's personality would fit right in around here and would be a welcome vs. a guy like ARod. If we could actually make the playoffs, Manny is a guy you could depend on for production as well, as opposed to another heavily mentioned star in this post.

Give me Manny any day of the week.
Old 11-18-2006, 09:54 PM   #53
Five-ofan
Guru

theres one other thing and I know im gonna get killed for saying this but i would quietly start shopping mike young next year...
Old 11-18-2006, 10:02 PM   #54
Five-ofan
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Male23Dan
Several other things went into him needing to be moved other than just his salary. He was NOT a team guy that meshed well at all with the other guys in the clubhouse and it made the team chemistry terrible. There were quotes when he left about several Rangers never wanting to speak up because they felt he was the leader - that didn't lead. They didn't want to ever say the wrong thing and he made them all uncomfortable.

He also wanted to win now and there were several reports that he wanted out of Texas. That can really harm a baseball team where good teams generally have GREAT chemistry, like we did the year he left.

Manny is a very strong bat. He could put up CRAZY numbers here just like AROD did. Yeah it would make the dollars crazy regarding the swap for AROD and Manny coming on board, but damn it if it wouldn't help us win. And besides, he almost spent 40ish million dollars, (30 plus the guys salary), for that Japanese pitcher. Maybe he is ready to raise the payroll a bit. Thiggy is right - it is time to start winning or our main guys are soon going to want out when their contract expires. Remember, Manny's personality would fit right in around here and would be a welcome vs. a guy like ARod. If we could actually make the playoffs, Manny is a guy you could depend on for production as well, as opposed to another heavily mentioned star in this post.

Give me Manny any day of the week.
Do you even know arods career playoff numbers? He had been utterly dominant until the last 2 division series. Even with them factored in he still has good playoff numbers. If the money is equal and in this case manny+what we are paying arod is actually more than arod, you take arod and you dont ask questions. To insinuate otherwise is to be quite frank stupid. Arod is hands down a better player than Manny...

I find it utterly hilarious that a guy who openly admits he doesnt give consistent effort would be more liked than Arod. Playing with one of them would really piss me off, and its not arod.
Old 11-18-2006, 11:12 PM   #55
Drbio
Banned

Quote:
theres one other thing and I know im gonna get killed for saying this but i would quietly start shopping mike young next year...
I ought to neg rep your butt for that.
Old 11-19-2006, 01:20 AM   #56
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Do you even know arods career playoff numbers? He had been utterly dominant until the last 2 division series. Even with them factored in he still has good playoff numbers. If the money is equal and in this case manny+what we are paying arod is actually more than arod, you take arod and you dont ask questions. To insinuate otherwise is to be quite frank stupid. Arod is hands down a better player than Manny...

I find it utterly hilarious that a guy who openly admits he doesnt give consistent effort would be more liked than Arod. Playing with one of them would really piss me off, and its not arod.
Dude, I have news for you! You actually have to factor in his entire playoff history when you back him. You can't say HE HAS BEEN GREAT "EXCEPT FOR..."! It just doesn't work that way!

Also, if you think:

26 Games Played
103 ABs
6 HRs
16 RBI

...is utterly dominant, well, you are a fing moron! Those numbers above are his career playoff numbers minus the last two years' divisional series. I think that puts him on pace for roughly 36 HRs and 96 RBI, which we both know is way less than his regular season numbers. From 97, (his first actualy playoff experience - he had 2 at bats in two other games prior), to 04, his annual average HRs/RBI was 43/119, (AND I AM INCLUDING HIS 23 HR/84 RBI 97 SEASON AS WELL). I use 97-04 because you used those years for his playoff totals when calling him utterly dominant. Trust me, when we factor in his overall playoff numbers and overall regular season numbers it gets even uglier! Lets take a look:

35 Games Played
132 ABs
6 HRs
16 RBI

Hmmm... Some numbers increased while others remained the same. Lets look into this now. Those numbers above put him on pace for roughly 28 HRs and 74 RBI. Hmmm... His annual HR/RBI average from 97 to 06??? Yeah, that would be 42 HRs and 120 RBI. Those number comparisons aren't pretty for THE GREATEST HR HITTER OF ALL TIME!!! Isn't that what he will eventually be? Most everyone believes he will catch Bonds, (we know he is breaking Aaron's record), and he damn sure produces in the regular season. Face it dude, this guy does NOT deliver in the postseason any where near the way he does in the regular season. He gets a great deal of hits in meaningless situations and doesn't get the big hit with the game on the line. Where do you think his career numbers put him on the all time postseason numbers list??? I won't even post that! He sure is utterly dominant!!!

Numbers are a bitch, huh?

Oh, and why don't you respond to some of the other stuff I talked about? Maybe the chemistry stuff and him not wanting to play for us. But you would still prefer him on the Rangers? Dude, that is, in your words, "quite frank stupid"!
Old 11-19-2006, 01:26 AM   #57
Five-ofan
Guru

Quote:
Dude, I have news for you! You actually have to factor in his entire playoff history when you back him. You can't say HE HAS BEEN GREAT "EXCEPT FOR..."! It just doesn't work that way!

Also, if you think:

26 Games Played
103 ABs
6 HRs
16 RBI

...is utterly dominant, well, you are a fing moron! Those numbers above are his career playoff numbers minus the last two years' divisional series. I think that puts him on pace for roughly 36 HRs and 96 RBI, which we both know is way less than his regular season numbers. From 97, (his first actualy playoff experience - he had 2 at bats in two other games prior), to 04, his annual average HRs/RBI was 43/119, (AND I AM INCLUDING HIS 23 HR/84 RBI 97 SEASON AS WELL). I use 97-04 because you used those years for his playoff totals when calling him utterly dominant. Trust me, when we factor in his overall playoff numbers and overall regular season numbers it gets even uglier! Lets take a look:

35 Games Played
132 ABs
6 HRs
16 RBI

Hmmm... Some numbers increased while others remained the same. Lets look into this now. Those numbers above put him on pace for roughly 28 HRs and 74 RBI. Hmmm... His annual HR/RBI average from 97 to 06??? Yeah, that would be 42 HRs and 120 RBI. Those number comparisons aren't pretty for THE GREATEST HR HITTER OF ALL TIME!!! Isn't that what he will eventually be? Most everyone believes he will catch Bonds, (we know he is breaking Aaron's record), and he damn sure produces in the regular season. Face it dude, this guy does NOT deliver in the postseason any where near the way he does in the regular season. He gets a great deal of hits in meaningless situations and doesn't get the big hit with the game on the line. Where do you think his career numbers put him on the all time postseason numbers list??? I won't even post that! He sure is utterly dominant!!!

Numbers are a bitch, huh?

Oh, and why don't you respond to some of the other stuff I talked about? Maybe the chemistry stuff and him not wanting to play for us. But you would still prefer him on the Rangers? Dude, that is, in your words, "quite frank stupid"!
If manny is better for chemistry than arod then our players are idiots and i refuse to believe they are idiots. As for his numbers its convenient you left out his BA slugging and OBP and other numbers but only left the numbers that make him look bad. Way to go, you have officially become espn...
Old 11-19-2006, 01:30 AM   #58
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Hahaha... Sorry... He has a career .305 batting average in the post season!

That too, like his 6 HR and 16 RBI, makes him utterly dominating!

Dude, you are a fucking idiot and you continue to put yourself in a corner by backing stupid opinions without the facts and then getting web-bitch slapped! So be it!

Last edited by Male30Dan; 11-19-2006 at 01:34 AM.
Male30Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 01:34 AM   #59
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Quote:

Dude, you are a fucking idiot and you continue to put yourself in a corner by backing stupid opinions without the facts and then getting web-bitch slapped! So be it!

EDIT - I had him with a .305 BA because I didn't factor in his last year... He is actually at an utterly dominating .272 for his career Post Season BA!!!
Old 11-19-2006, 01:37 AM   #60
Five-ofan
Guru

Quote:

it makes him better than derek jeter in the playoffs...and manny ramirez and his career 257 playoff avg...

Last edited by Five-ofan; 11-19-2006 at 01:39 AM.
Old 11-19-2006, 01:39 AM   #61
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

He has a career Post Season .336 OBP and .442 Slugging!!!

UTTERLY DOMINATING!!!
Old 11-19-2006, 01:42 AM   #62
Five-ofan
Guru

what is the point of posting numbers including the last 2 years when ive already admitted that they dipped the last 2 series hes been in?

The numbers I said were "utterly dominant" that you keep harping on and the ones your posting are clearly different numbers... The numbers I was talking about look more like 320 ish, 560ish and 400 ish which are pretty darn dominant.

Last edited by Five-ofan; 11-19-2006 at 01:47 AM.
Old 11-19-2006, 01:42 AM   #63
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Quote:
it makes him better than derek jeter in the playoffs...and manny ramirez and his career 257 playoff avg...
Two things... I haven't bought any Derek Jeter kool-aid so don't sell that shit to me! I hate the Fing Yankees so you better come with some better shit than that!!! Oh, and with Manny his average improves greatly if we take away HIS two bad post-seasons, (0-30)! Add it up now!!!

Of course he still has 20 HRs and 48 RBI to hang his hat on! He played more games???? Oh, well I guess that is because HE CAN HELP IN LEADING HIS TEAM TO THE NEXT ROUND OF THE PLAYOFFS RATHER THAN ON HIS FING COUCH!!!
Old 11-19-2006, 01:43 AM   #64
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Quote:
where the hell are you getting your stats from? Baseball cube has him at 534 slugging and 305 overall in the playoffs including last year... which are both ALOT better than manny's playoff numbers...
And baseball cube isn't factoring in his 06 numbers, which are ALL ZEROS... So rather than dividing by 6, add those numbers and divide them by SEVEN!

Last edited by Male30Dan; 11-19-2006 at 01:47 AM.
Old 11-19-2006, 01:51 AM   #65
Five-ofan
Guru

also that homer rate that you were bitching(6 in 26 games) is fairly similar to manny's 20 in 81 games... Arod has had as many UTTERLY DOMINAT series as hes had stinkers (2 of each) yet all you ever hear about are the stinkers...
Old 11-19-2006, 01:52 AM   #66
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Look dude... Bottom line, I think Manny helps us - a lot. I made a comment just digging on ARod regarding playoff numbers and you want to jump on me and make some pretty ridiculous accusations. I hadn't viewed either guy's numbers prior to that, but I knew that ARod had not played NEARLY as well in the post season as in the regular season. What I am trying to say is, this whole MY DICK IS BIGGER THAN YOURS is retarded because it won't matter anyway. Hicks doesn't have the balls to roll the dice again with another huge income slugger, (much to the ignorant delight of you), so this is all just BS talk.

Screw it, I am going to play 360!
Old 11-19-2006, 01:54 AM   #67
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Quote:
also that homer rate that you were bitching(6 in 26 games) is fairly similar to manny's 20 in 81 games... Arod has had as many UTTERLY DOMINAT series as hes had stinkers (2 of each) yet all you ever hear about are the stinkers...
Sorry man, but that won't fly! 20 in 81 games equals 40 home runs, not 36. Wanna factor in his career regular season statistics? Manny isn't the one hitting 43 in the regular season and an average of 27 in the playoffs!

Oh, and don't forget, it is 6 in 35 games, not 26!

Last edited by Male30Dan; 11-19-2006 at 01:56 AM.
Old 11-19-2006, 01:56 AM   #68
Five-ofan
Guru

Quote:
Look dude... Bottom line, I think Manny helps us - a lot. I made a comment just digging on ARod regarding playoff numbers and you want to jump on me and make some pretty ridiculous accusations. I hadn't viewed either guy's numbers prior to that, but I knew that ARod had not played NEARLY as well in the post season as in the regular season. What I am trying to say is, this whole MY DICK IS BIGGER THAN YOURS is retarded because it won't matter anyway. Hicks doesn't have the balls to roll the dice again with another huge income slugger, (much to the ignorant delight of you), so this is all just BS talk.

Screw it, I am going to play 360!
Haha, have fun with the video game but my question then becomes, you are honestly punishing arod for being that much better in the regular season? Honestly i think there are people in this world who would blame arod if he hit 600 with a 1200 slugging and a 900 obp in the regular season and then hit 400 100 700 in the playoffs and just say well he got worse in the playoffs.... He may not be as good in the playoffs as he is in the regular season but that just means hes not the greatest playoff player of all time like he is during the regular season, not that he stinks in the playoffs. Theres still NO ONE i would rather have batting for my team than him.
Old 11-19-2006, 01:59 AM   #69
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Well then we differ greatly, because there are about 20 that I would rather have!

Last edited by Male30Dan; 11-19-2006 at 02:00 AM.
Old 11-19-2006, 02:02 AM   #70
Five-ofan
Guru

Quote:
Sorry man, but that won't fly! 20 in 81 games equals 40 home runs, not 36. Wanna factor in his career regular season statistics? Manny isn't the one hitting 43 in the regular season and an average of 27 in the playoffs!

Oh, and don't forget, it is 6 in 35 games, not 26!
No i dont wanna factor in his career statistics because thats a retarded argument with regards to who would you rather have. Do you honestly think that because hes not quite as much better in the playoffs as he is in the regular season its a reason to want someone else that he is still better than? This is just such a stupid argument its not even funny. THis is what your argument boils down to, "Arod is so much better in the regular season so if hes only a little better in the playoffs, hes clearly not worth as much" Which is just flat out one of the stupidest things ive ever heard of.

Also about the playoffs extra games stats, I guess we should just go ahead and cut mike young because he doesnt do a good enough job of leading this team to the playoffs and to later rounds instead of being on the couch...(Im not serious about cutting mike young and on the trading him front it would have to be for some serious pitching)

Anyway im tired of this retarded argument so im going to move on, I think we need pitching but we do need offense too which was the jist of how this argument started. I couldnt agree more, we do need more offense. When I figure out how i think we should get it ill let you know. Spending 20 million on a horrible outfielder that only shows up some of the time isnt the way to go about it though. Let alone giving up stud prospects to get him... That just boggles my mind that some of you honestly think thats a good idea...
Old 11-19-2006, 02:04 AM   #71
Five-ofan
Guru

Quote:
Well then we differ greatly, because there are about 20 that I would rather have!
start naming names and Im gonna love where you go after Pujols, Ortiz and Ramirez(who is a great hitter, a HOFer no question but hes still not as good as arod) Oh im sure well get the homeristic Mike young pick(which i really dont mind because hes up there on my list too but after that? Start naming...
Old 11-19-2006, 02:07 AM   #72
Drbio
Banned

You two need to get a room.
Old 11-19-2006, 02:11 AM   #73
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

You love to throw shit out like "that is one of the stupidest things Ive ever heard" and "that is just such a stupid argument its not even funny" and you wonder why I love to make you look like an idiot on a regular basis. I proved your ass wrong today regarding your utterly dominant shit and you can say whatever you want about WELL HE IS SOOOOO GOOD IN THE REGULAR SEASON IT JUST MEANS HE IS A LITTLE WORSE IN THE PLAYOFFS. No dude, he is the equivalent of Brandon Inge in the playoffs! He simply is not clutch!

I am curious, just how long is that list of STUPIDEST THINGS FIVE-O HAS HEARD? Anything you don't agree with is stupid, and trust me, that ends up being quite a bit around here! What is that Ron White joke about the woman that hollers out in his concert that every soldier in PoDunkville is a bad lay??? Something about after a while she should say to herself, "Well hell, maybe its me"!
Old 11-19-2006, 02:12 AM   #74
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Quote:
start naming names and Im gonna love where you go after Pujols, Ortiz and Ramirez(who is a great hitter, a HOFer no question but hes still not as good as arod) Oh im sure well get the homeristic Mike young pick(which i really dont mind because hes up there on my list too but after that? Start naming...
Dude, I don't have a list made... I am just saying. I would pick 20 guys, hell 40, before I would put that sorry bitch back on my Rangers! That doesn't mean that statistically they are superior to him - but there are things that he lacks that don't show up in the stat book, (well, one of them does - in the playoff stat book)!
Old 11-19-2006, 02:14 AM   #75
Drbio
Banned

Quote:
Dude, I don't have a list made... I am just saying. I would pick 20 guys, hell 40, before I would put that sorry bitch back on my Rangers! That doesn't mean that statistically they are superior to him - but there are things that he lacks that don't show up in the stat book, (well, one of them does - in the playoff stat book)!
I'd have to agree now that you have qualified it. I wouldn't want him back either.
Old 11-19-2006, 02:19 AM   #76
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

Wow, I missed a lot.....

Latest news I've heard:

Mets are close to signing Moises Alou to a 1 year deal worth between 8-9 mil.

Linkage: http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news;_yl...v=ap&type=lgns

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."

Last edited by nashtymavsfan13; 11-19-2006 at 02:20 AM.
nashtymavsfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 02:43 AM   #77
Five-ofan
Guru

Quote:
You love to throw shit out like "that is one of the stupidest things Ive ever heard" and "that is just such a stupid argument its not even funny" and you wonder why I love to make you look like an idiot on a regular basis. I proved your ass wrong today regarding your utterly dominant shit and you can say whatever you want about WELL HE IS SOOOOO GOOD IN THE REGULAR SEASON IT JUST MEANS HE IS A LITTLE WORSE IN THE PLAYOFFS. No dude, he is the equivalent of Brandon Inge in the playoffs! He simply is not clutch!

I am curious, just how long is that list of STUPIDEST THINGS FIVE-O HAS HEARD? Anything you don't agree with is stupid, and trust me, that ends up being quite a bit around here! What is that Ron White joke about the woman that hollers out in his concert that every soldier in PoDunkville is a bad lay??? Something about after a while she should say to herself, "Well hell, maybe its me"!
You damn sure did not prove me wrong, you changed the argument. I said he was dominant before the last 2 years then you proceeded to qoute stats including the last 2 years saying how wrong it proved i was wrong when i readily admit he has been horrible the last 2 years in the playoffs. As for stupidest things ive ever heard, I said "one of" and i hear new stupid things every day.

Now as for wanting him back, I dont want him back. I just thing thats a bad combination but the problem when arod was here wasnt arod. It was CHOP, Everett, and well pretty much everyone but the infield...

Last edited by Five-ofan; 11-19-2006 at 02:43 AM.
Old 11-19-2006, 02:53 AM   #78
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

OK dude... I made BOTH points... Without the last two years and with... Both were CLEARLY not UTTERLY DOMINANT! That is the bottom line!

Spew all other bullshit you want, but he is not utterly dominant at ALL. He also isn't clutch and every team that he plays for will have the same problems with him. He will hit that HUGE 3 run bomb when you lead by 5 to put you up 8 but when you are down two and two guys are on in the 8th inning with two outs, he will hit a weak ass "my puss is bleeding" grounder to SS!

F ARod!
Old 11-19-2006, 02:56 AM   #79
Five-ofan
Guru

Quote:
OK dude... I made BOTH points... Without the last two years and with... Both were CLEARLY not UTTERLY DOMINANT! That is the bottom line!

Spew all other bullshit you want, but he is not utterly dominant at ALL. He also isn't clutch and every team that he plays for will have the same problems with him. He will hit that HUGE 3 run bomb when you lead by 5 to put you up 8 but when you are down two and two guys are on in the 8th inning with two outs, he will hit a weak ass "my puss is bleeding" grounder to SS!

F ARod!
But they are better than the alternative you offered... And 315 average, 550+ Slugging and 400 or so 380 or so OBP is pretty darn dominant.
Old 11-19-2006, 02:59 AM   #80
Five-ofan
Guru

Look, im not a big arod guy. I dont really care for him but it just makes me chuckle that people believe all this garbage that people like simmons spew that every stat he puts up is pointless.

If this is about who I liked, i would absolutely never have suggested shopping young quietly next year, Hes my post clark and greer and Juan favorite ranger, but Im just discussing who i think is better not who i like the most...

Last edited by Five-ofan; 11-19-2006 at 03:03 AM.