Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 09-20-2009, 08:55 PM   #81
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

I don't see how they could not give the Gints the points.
Bayliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-20-2009, 08:55 PM   #82
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

I think I just threw up a little in my mouth.

Oh well, at least it wasn't returned for a touchdown.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
FINtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 08:56 PM   #83
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayliss View Post
Not that this one was Romo's fault. But it seems like all of his turnovers imediately result into points.
It is ONLY Romo's fault. Threw behind YET AGAIN!!!!

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 08:56 PM   #84
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

He is the most Jekyll and Hyde quarterback in the NFL.
Old 09-20-2009, 08:57 PM   #85
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sike View Post
It is ONLY Romo's fault. Threw behind YET AGAIN!!!!
I don't think I have ever seen an interception off a guy's foot though. You gotta admit it was kinda flukey...

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
Old 09-20-2009, 08:57 PM   #86
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FINtastic View Post
I don't think I have ever seen an interception off a guy's foot though. You gotta admit it was kinda flukey...
no doubt.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
Old 09-20-2009, 08:58 PM   #87
Bayliss

Sike, he dd miss Witten. But what are the odds that it will kick up off his heel? That was the "not his fault" part. That was flukey.
Old 09-20-2009, 08:58 PM   #88
sike
The Preacha

Newman is an average CB at BEST!

Old 09-20-2009, 08:58 PM   #89
FINtastic
Diamond Member

What the eff, how are the Giants getting all of these ridiculous bounces? Did Jerry sell his soul to finance this stadium?

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
Old 09-20-2009, 08:59 PM   #90
Jon Avalon
Platinum Member

Jon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to all

SH*T, gave up that TD. Damn ball just had to bounce his way.
Old 09-20-2009, 08:59 PM   #91
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Sike, he dd miss Witten. But what are the odds that it will kick up off his heel? That was the "not his fault" part. That was flukey.
this is some serious garbage. Lets play football, not freaky luckball.

Old 09-20-2009, 09:00 PM   #92
FINtastic
Diamond Member

Quote:
Newman is an average CB at BEST!
I'm wondering if age and injuries are catching up on him. He was great a few years ago, but he's not looking good right now.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
Old 09-20-2009, 09:00 PM   #93
sike
The Preacha

40 seconds....3 time outs.

Old 09-20-2009, 09:00 PM   #94
Bayliss

Dallas's defense has been great so far tonight. But Dallas's offense has given up 17 points.... hard to overcome that.
Old 09-20-2009, 09:02 PM   #95
Bayliss

Romo, now is the time to air it out and go deep.

If you throw an interception now while going deep won't hurt...

Go long.
Old 09-20-2009, 09:02 PM   #96
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
I'm wondering if age and injuries are catching up on him. He was great a few years ago, but he's not looking good right now.
I honestly don't think he was ever anything more than a pretty good DB.

Old 09-20-2009, 09:03 PM   #97
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Romo, now is the time to air it out and go deep.

If you throw an interception now while going deep won't hurt...

Go long.
Romo's deep ball is the worst part of his passing game.

Old 09-20-2009, 09:05 PM   #98
Bayliss

There it was... got to hold on to that one Williams.
Old 09-20-2009, 09:05 PM   #99
sike
The Preacha

good pass...would have been a great catch.

Old 09-20-2009, 09:06 PM   #100
Bayliss

Folk is more of a guarantee than the FDIC....
Old 09-20-2009, 09:07 PM   #101
FINtastic
Diamond Member

Quote:
I honestly don't think he was ever anything more than a pretty good DB.
I don't know, I think people underrate what Newman brought. Seriously, he shut down Steve Smith several times (not an easy task), and he's stopped some pretty good receivers in the day. He's never been great at snagging picks, but some of that is cause teams didn't really like throwing his direction. Last year was the first time where it looked like injuries were starting to take their toll. But he did return later in the year from injuries to look pretty good again.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson

Last edited by FINtastic; 09-20-2009 at 09:08 PM.
Old 09-20-2009, 09:14 PM   #102
FINtastic
Diamond Member

Well, considering that the Cowboys had Murphy's Law imposed on them in the first half, I'll take only being down 3 at halftime.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
Old 09-20-2009, 09:19 PM   #103
Bayliss

Quote:
Well, considering that the Cowboys had Murphy's Law imposed on them in the first half, I'll take only being down 3 at halftime.
I think the Cowboys suffer more from Charlie Brown's law more than Murphy's law.
Old 09-20-2009, 09:22 PM   #104
FINtastic
Diamond Member

The Newman thing does remind me, I do wish we had some ballhawks on D. We can't generate a turnover to save our life.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
Old 09-20-2009, 09:23 PM   #105
grbh
Platinum Member

grbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to all

Anyone have a link to listen and/or watch. Finished the first half but cable has is now out of my hands. Long story, but PLEASE help a guy out. Thanks.

http://www.genevaschools.org/austinb...gray/platypus/
grbh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 09:24 PM   #106
sike
The Preacha

such wonderful tackling...

Old 09-20-2009, 09:26 PM   #107
Windmill360
Diamond Member

Windmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond repute

Newman sucks. As soon as the giants find their running game the game is over.
Old 09-20-2009, 09:27 PM   #108
FINtastic
Diamond Member

Did the D forget how to tackle at halftime?

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
Old 09-20-2009, 09:28 PM   #109
Jon Avalon
Platinum Member

Jon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to all

OMG Scrandrick LEARN TO F*CKING TACKLE, jesus. We still don't know how to tackle, so pitiful. The most basic thing in football.
Old 09-20-2009, 09:30 PM   #110
FINtastic
Diamond Member

Wow, Giants just blew an easy field goal. Let's use that to create some momentum here.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
Old 09-20-2009, 09:30 PM   #111
sike
The Preacha

yet again....another missed int opportunity for the Cowboys D.

Old 09-20-2009, 09:30 PM   #112
alexamenos
Diamond Member

alexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond repute

Darn lucky to be on this game. Time to get something going.
Old 09-20-2009, 09:32 PM   #113
FINtastic
Diamond Member

We need to give Felix the ball more. Wow!

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
Old 09-20-2009, 09:33 PM   #114
Bayliss

Well my satllite just went out... thunderstorm around me....
Old 09-20-2009, 09:34 PM   #115
sike
The Preacha

Barf.

Old 09-20-2009, 09:34 PM   #116
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
We need to give Felix the ball more. Wow!
Why do they run so little?

Old 09-20-2009, 09:36 PM   #117
FINtastic
Diamond Member

Quote:
They ran the ball 15 times in the first half, which is probably about average. Unfortunately Felix saw the ball just twice. We might need to run more on this Giants team though because we have had more success on the ground than in the air.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson

Last edited by FINtastic; 09-20-2009 at 09:38 PM.
Old 09-20-2009, 09:37 PM   #118
Bayliss

Quote:
Whenever Jason Garrett was quarterback, he would pass the ball all the time. I think he has that same mindset while being the coordinator.

If they would run the ball more it would cut down on Romo making terrible decisions....
Old 09-20-2009, 09:41 PM   #119
Jon Avalon
Platinum Member

oh my god BARBIE! good job, we could of had the ball back there.
Old 09-20-2009, 09:41 PM   #120
sike
The Preacha

Bobby Carpenter lets us know he is in the house...