Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 02-01-2003, 03:39 PM   #1
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of

Wasn't quite sure which forum to put this in, but oh well.

Earl Boykins is the most improved player of the yr.

Close candidates:
Shawn Bradley
Stephon Maubury
Brian Skinner
Jalen Rose
The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman
Nash13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-01-2003, 03:42 PM   #2
centrlpark08

centrlpark08 is on a distinguished road

earl boykins reminds me of bogues, and what happened to him when the mavs traded for him like last season? anyways i like boykins and he deserves the Most Improved Player Award
Old 02-01-2003, 03:50 PM   #3
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

For MIP, I've got to go with Shawn. No other player IMO has had anywhere close to the positive impact that the Mantis has. The Mavs have the record that they do and are in 1st place in large part to Bradleys contribution. Shawn is the only major addition the Mavs made from the end of last season (Shawn just wasn't here last season, his body might have been but little else.)
Old 02-01-2003, 03:58 PM   #4
centrlpark08

shawn would be second no my list even tho he's a mav, but boykins is what 5'5? and he's putting up good numbers for that height.
Old 02-01-2003, 04:39 PM   #5
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

MavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to behold

Harping. End of discussion.
MavKikiNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2003, 05:33 PM   #6
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

<< Harping. End of discussion. >>

what are you harping on?

shawn bradley?..MIP probably shouldn't be given out to someone that has had an up and down career like bradley..unless he's having a breakout year...which, bradley has done what he's doing now in the past
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2003, 05:58 PM   #7
Just211
Platinum Member

Just211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to all

Troy Murphy or
Matt Harpring
Old 02-01-2003, 07:25 PM   #8
aexchange
Boom goes the Dynamite!

aexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant future

cant believe noone has said ricky davis.

hes been playing out of his mind lately.

granted, half the time he is out of his mind, but hes still playing great.
aexchange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2003, 07:53 PM   #9
madape
Diamond Member

madape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to behold

Whatever happened to the &quot;comeback player of the year&quot; award. Bradley would have that one won hands down.
madape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2003, 08:05 PM   #10
centrlpark08

<< cant believe noone has said ricky davis. >>

OoOoO...........MY FAVORITE ACTION PLAYER!!!!!!!! I forgot about him..........I change from boykins to Davis now.
Old 02-01-2003, 10:53 PM   #11
jayC
Diamond Member

jayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nice

Troy Murphy.
I think he has improved his rebounding and scoring by at least 5
He has 23 double-doubles that is tied with Dirk. He averages like 12 points and 10 boards a game. I would give it to him or Matt Harpering. Harpering is averaging 18 points a game on 50% shooting he could take the award too. Marbury always could score and rose hasn't really improved. Marbury already has had All-Star seasons. Rose already has won it not two time most improved player.

Matt Harpering wins it for me. Close to finishing the season as the only Jazz to avg more points per game than Karl Malone in like fifteen seasons. Enough said.

Others: Troy Murphy-double double guy
Antwan Jamison_ 23 points he almost has that go to guy look.
Bradley- 7 points 7 boards and 3 blocks okay as a back up to LaFrentz
Bobby Jackson- was shooting 50% percent from the field averaging 20pts per game before he got hurt normally 6th man but he looked close to all-star

jayC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2003, 10:56 PM   #12
Dirks Cuzin

Dirks Cuzin is on a distinguished road

ONE NAME, SHAWN &quot;STORMIN MORMON MANTIS&quot; BRADLEY FOR MIP AND MVP
Old 02-01-2003, 11:04 PM   #13
centrlpark08

NO NO NO NO!!!!! ITS GOTTA BE RICKY DAVIS, HE'S LIKE AN ALEX RODRIGUEZ PLAYING FOR A SORRY TEAM? I ALSO THOUGHT HE SHOULD HAVE GONE TO THE ALL-STAR GAME BUT ITS BECAUSE HE'S PLAYING FOR A SORRY TEAM. HE'S AVERAGING 22.3 POINTS A GAME? LAST SEASON IT WAS 14 POINTS PER GAME? SO HE HAS TO BE THE MIP!
Old 02-01-2003, 11:15 PM   #14
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

<< NO NO NO NO!!!!! ITS GOTTA BE RICKY DAVIS, HE'S LIKE AN ALEX RODRIGUEZ PLAYING FOR A SORRY TEAM? I ALSO THOUGHT HE SHOULD HAVE GONE TO THE ALL-STAR GAME BUT ITS BECAUSE HE'S PLAYING FOR A SORRY TEAM. HE'S AVERAGING 22.3 POINTS A GAME? LAST SEASON IT WAS 14 POINTS PER GAME? SO HE HAS TO BE THE MIP! >>

Shhhh. No need to yell. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] If you go by stats alone, Ricky Davis has a great case. If you go by what he's done for his team, he has no case.