Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 04-14-2006, 12:50 PM   #1
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

MavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to behold
Default Dallas’ Erick Dampier Fined and Foul Upgraded

Dallas’ Erick Dampier Fined and Foul Upgraded
NEW YORK, April 14, 2006 – Erick Dampier of the Dallas Mavericks has been fined $5,000 and has received an upgraded Flagrant Foul Penalty Two, it was announced today by Stu Jackson, NBA Senior Vice President Basketball Operations.

Dampier's foul, which was called a Flagrant Foul Penalty One, was committed against Shawn Marion of the Phoenix Suns with 3:35 remaining in the third period of the Mavericks 117-104 loss to the Suns at US Airways Center on April 13.
MavKikiNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-14-2006, 01:07 PM   #2
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavKikiNYC
Dallas’ Erick Dampier Fined and Foul Upgraded
NEW YORK, April 14, 2006 – Erick Dampier of the Dallas Mavericks has been fined $5,000 and has received an upgraded Flagrant Foul Penalty Two, it was announced today by Stu Jackson, NBA Senior Vice President Basketball Operations.

Dampier's foul, which was called a Flagrant Foul Penalty One, was committed against Shawn Marion of the Phoenix Suns with 3:35 remaining in the third period of the Mavericks 117-104 loss to the Suns at US Airways Center on April 13.
I would hope that Raja Bell would get a suspension then.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2006, 01:11 PM   #3
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

What about D.A.'s bs flagrant? Don't they have some rescinding to do?

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2006, 03:22 PM   #4
Milles

Milles will become famous soon enoughMilles will become famous soon enough

Can someone tell me the difference between a flagrant 1 and 2?

What would have happened if they called it a flagrant 2 last night, would he have been sent to the showers immediately?
Milles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2006, 03:27 PM   #5
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milles
Can someone tell me the difference between a flagrant 1 and 2?

What would have happened if they called it a flagrant 2 last night, would he have been sent to the showers immediately?

Yes. A flagrant 2 is an automatic ejection if its called during the game, but not an automatic suspension if the foul is later upgraded from a 1 to a 2.

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2006, 03:32 PM   #6
Milles

Milles will become famous soon enoughMilles will become famous soon enough

Mary, thanks for the info.

I actually tried to find the info on the NBA site, but got lost on page 37 or maybe 39 .... who knows, I was lost.
Milles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2006, 03:46 PM   #7
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

MavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to behold

To be honest, they were sucking so bad last night, that I didn't even see Dampier's play live.

But it did NOT look Flagrant-worthy, 1 or 2, IMO.

Stooge Ackson is a stone-cold effin' fool.

League is a little out of control with the post-game flagrant assessments, and they are really going to degrade the quality of play if defenders just have to bend over and let high-flying showpunks ram the ball up their a$$e$.

Let defenders defend!
MavKikiNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2006, 05:11 PM   #8
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

That play happens at least once every two nba games. No way in hell it should have been a flagrant two. Bells was much worse. His was malicious. Honestly that play was the only thing dampier did all night that i was happy about. It was about time to put someone on their ass.
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2006, 03:47 AM   #9
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

We all must've seen a different play. That Dampier foul was worse than the one Shaq had got fined for not too long ago. I'm for putting guys on there ass to send a message but i'm not for having a guy throwing two hands at a guy's head while he's coming into to dunk. That's way too dangerous.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2006, 08:41 AM   #10
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtownsfinest
We all must've seen a different play. That Dampier foul was worse than the one Shaq had got fined for not too long ago. I'm for putting guys on there ass to send a message but i'm not for having a guy throwing two hands at a guy's head while he's coming into to dunk. That's way too dangerous.
I don't have any problem with the flagrant 2 being updated later. Probably to much of a basketball play to throw him out right then, but that would have been okay as well IF Raja had been tossed earlier.

I'm still kinda torqued that a guy can take a swing at a fellas head like that and stay in the game. His antics got all of the crap started and the refs screwed up not taking control at that point.

Also letting him bue a kutenik with his hands behind his back, I'd have tossed his butt right then.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote