Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 10-20-2004, 11:40 AM   #1
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute
Default Nellie with Norm

Anyone catch this entire interview? I only heard a brief part of it. I did hear him say that Benga was moving past Bradley, though, as the #3 center! Wow. He also said that Benga was not a godo rebounder, for his athleticism, but that if he were then he would receive "significant" minutes this year. Still, he did say that he expects him to play this year, when at first he thought it would be a year or two before he got into an NBA game.

I also hear him mention a 10-man rotation, but I didn't hear the details.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-20-2004, 12:37 PM   #2
Eman

Eman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to all
Default RE:Nellie with Norm

Wow, Bradley fourth string!!!!!
Eman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2004, 12:47 PM   #3
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

Rhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond repute

Nellie really hates my homeboy Shawn. Man.

Mbenga is an intriguing player, but there is no way that he could be more effective than Bradley in an NBA game given the same number of minutes. At least not from the summer league action I saw.
Rhylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2004, 12:58 PM   #4
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Nellie with Norm

Well, when Nellie realizes that Mbenga doesn't pass to the Refs, he thinks "maybe he is better then Bradley"....[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

DevinHarriswillstart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2004, 12:58 PM   #5
NewMexiMav

NewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to behold

It seems that Bradley's only purpose on the roster is to be Nellie's permanent whipping boy. I wish a media person would ask Nellie: "If Shawn sucks sooooooo bad, why do you even keep him around?"
NewMexiMav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2004, 01:03 PM   #6
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

When Don beats down Shawn, he knows he will take little flack from the fans (cause most of them think Shawn is a failure) or the media(same reason)...and lastly, Shawn is such a nice guy, he won't really make much fuss.

I don't like the Bradley hating from Nellie...I can handle it from stupid basketball fans, but someone who has been in the game as long as Nelson should know better.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2004, 01:15 PM   #7
V
Golden Member

V has a spectacular aura aboutV has a spectacular aura about

M'Badass

"If there's no more questions, I've got a beer that needs consuming."
-- Don Nelson
V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2004, 01:48 PM   #8
madape
Diamond Member

madape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to behold

I wish Don Nelson all the luck in the world this next season (he's going to need it). Whatever the outcome may be, you deserve it big man!
madape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2004, 01:54 PM   #9
capitalcity
Diamond Member

capitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally posted by: madape
Whatever the outcome may be, you deserve it big man!
Maui by June.
Old 10-20-2004, 02:49 PM   #10
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally posted by: madape
I wish Don Nelson all the luck in the world this next season (he's going to need it). Whatever the outcome may be, you deserve it big man!

[img]i/expressions/anim_laugh.gif[/img]

You never let me down when it comes to a thread relating to Mavs centers. I guess this move is surprising. I get the impression Benga is the type of center whose foul prone. I don't see him getting more than 15 minutes a game on this team and maybe less if all his minutes come at the 5 position.

As far as Bradley goes unless he has strongly declined he should be our backup to Damp. I guess Nellie is finally getting his wish to never have to play Bradley again. I wonder who goes in the doghouse now?

1996-2005
FilthyFinMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2004, 03:02 PM   #11
Simon2
Diamond Member

Simon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to all

Why don't the Mavs just trade Bradley? I'm sure there's a team out there who needs a decent center. Bradley has been just wasting away on the bench because of Nellie's BS.
Old 10-20-2004, 05:28 PM   #12
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally posted by: Simon2
Why don't the Mavs just trade Bradley? I'm sure there's a team out there who needs a decent center. Bradley has been just wasting away on the bench because of Nellie's BS.
I don't think any team wants Bradley except for the Knicks. Nothing against Bradley I just think his reputation kills him.

1996-2005
FilthyFinMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2004, 05:29 PM   #13
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Bradley has a bad reputation? this is new to me.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2004, 07:38 PM   #14
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Bradley has a bad reputation?
If you consider "bad" as soft, unintimidating, and poster-seeking... then yes.

I believe Shawn Bradley, when given consistent minutes will help any team out defensively. But Shawn Bradley has a way of bringing out the best in people too. Just ask Shaq. Many people view him as weak and will contest him, shove him around, and dunk on him repeatedly. That is the view of most players have on him. And most coaches see him as limited in the grand scheme of things.

(But I guarantee you that there are mmany takers in this league.)
Bayliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2004, 07:54 PM   #15
Max Power
Banned

Max Power is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Why bother? Why help out another team? It's not like we would get a player who could crack our rotation for him so why make a trade? It's not like Bradley cares whether or not he plays - he's getting paid either way.
Max Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2004, 08:20 PM   #16
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

MavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally posted by: FilthyFinMavs
Quote:
I don't think any team wants Bradley except for the Knicks. Nothing against Bradley I just think his reputation kills him.
I can assure you that Zeke won't be trading for Mantis. Just not Zeke's kind of player.
MavKikiNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2004, 08:31 PM   #17
The Miles

The Miles is on a distinguished road

Great, great news. I still think Bradley has a place here.

"When you (Coach Johnson) get behind your players like that it’s something special. He’s the general and we are soldiers, you go out there and want to lay it all on the line…that’s the type of situation I wanted to be in."-Doug Christie
The Miles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2004, 09:22 PM   #18
steponhens

steponhens is on a distinguished road

Bradley is right where he deserves to be. The only time he played hard for more than two straight quarters was when he was in a contract year. He doesn't care if he plays or not, he just wants to collect his paycheck. If he plays a few minutes in one out of three games we should feel lucky, because that's all he has made out if his career.

Don't get me wrong, I think he is a good person, just a bad basketball player.

Napolean: Whatever I feel like! God!
steponhens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2004, 09:44 PM   #19
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: steponhens
Bradley is right where he deserves to be. The only time he played hard for more than two straight quarters was when he was in a contract year. He doesn't care if he plays or not, he just wants to collect his paycheck. If he plays a few minutes in one out of three games we should feel lucky, because that's all he has made out if his career.

Don't get me wrong, I think he is a good person, just a bad basketball player.
Wow, what a well thought out argument.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2004, 09:59 PM   #20
Big Lo

Big Lo will become famous soon enough

bradley's trash. useless. it never ceases to amaze me that people here still back him, and thinks he should get decent time. hopefully he falls off the end of the bench and we give his spot to derek hood.

people just think hes much more capable than he actually is. but the sad truth is, that he isnt. nellie doesnt make him look goofy out there, he does that all by himself. i have a good presence to believe half of what people thought about the mavs was based on bradley being here as a player. being soft and all that business.

not hes lost in the shuffle and good riddens.
Big Lo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2004, 10:53 PM   #21
rakesh.s
Golden Member

rakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally posted by: Bayliss
Quote:
Bradley has a bad reputation?
If you consider "bad" as soft, unintimidating, and poster-seeking... then yes.

I believe Shawn Bradley, when given consistent minutes will help any team out defensively. But Shawn Bradley has a way of bringing out the best in people too. Just ask Shaq. Many people view him as weak and will contest him, shove him around, and dunk on him repeatedly. That is the view of most players have on him. And most coaches see him as limited in the grand scheme of things.

(But I guarantee you that there are mmany takers in this league.)
poster seeking..wtf does that mean? that tells me he tried to block a shot..which is more than a lot of centers do in this league

bradley averages two blocks per 20 mins? or something like that and he couldn't get off the bench last year for a team that claimed they didn't have a center..give me a break
rakesh.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2004, 11:24 PM   #22
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
poster seeking..wtf does that mean?
Other players look for him. He is one of several big guys who are sought out by their opponents to get posterized. Not that it's their fought. But most players realize that Shawn Bradley is not going to "knock them on their @ss" so they go for the spectacular. And the worst that will happen is it will get blocked.

That is the difference between a guy like Shaq, and a guy like Shawn. Shawn is clearly the better defensive player. But Shaq is clearly the more intimidating and feared.
Bayliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2004, 01:06 AM   #23
fifteenth man

fifteenth man is on a distinguished road

Dogpile the bug clumsy guy, huh? Bullies!

In honor of Big Shawn, the best 4th string center in the NBA, I will recount his greatest NBA moment.

In our first playoff series in many years, against the Jazz, we were in the middle of turning the series moment in our favor and pulling off the upset. The Jazz could feel their hold slipping and were getting desperate. The Jazz got out on the break and Donyell Marshall ended up with the ball as he streaked to the basket. He got up high or a one handed jam only to be met by Big Shawn at the top of his flight. Block number one. The Mavs took the ball the other way... the next Jazz posession is another break with Marshall running the wing. Pass to Marshall, Donyell rises to dunk, and again he's met in the air by the Storm'n Mormon. Shawn caps Donyell 2 times in 15 seconds as a part of the Mavs stealing the momentum and stealing the series. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]
fifteenth man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2004, 01:14 PM   #24
madape
Diamond Member

madape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to behold

In ancient Thailand, the mantis was widely beleived to be the controller of the seasons. When he was born, it signaled the beginning of spring. When he died, it signaled the arrival of winter. Tribal elders therefore decreed that the the killing of the beast was a crime, as it was believed that any such violator would surely bring a harsh, premature winter upon the land. Over the years, the lesson has been forgotten, and the mantis is now thought of as just another creature of the forest. But the time has come once more when the life of the Mantis King is threatened by the hands of foolish men. Will the legend prove to be true? Are the Mavericks, through their careless disregard for nature, ushering in a winter of unparalleled frost and famine? Keep an eye on the skies and a fire burning in your hearths. Our days will be numbered once the mantis calls on the north wind to spite his oppressors.

""Blow, winds, and crack your cheeked rage. Blow!" ... William Shakespear, King Lear
madape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2004, 01:19 PM   #25
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

monkey......genius....wrong, but genius.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote