Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 03-24-2008, 04:49 AM   #1
jamyoa

jamyoa is infamous around these partsjamyoa is infamous around these partsjamyoa is infamous around these partsjamyoa is infamous around these partsjamyoa is infamous around these partsjamyoa is infamous around these partsjamyoa is infamous around these partsjamyoa is infamous around these partsjamyoa is infamous around these partsjamyoa is infamous around these parts
Default Avery tanked games early in the season!

Avery purposely tanked games in the beg.. of the season. He used excuses like were just experiementing with the rotatations. The truth of the matter was that he was so afraid of finishing the season as a #1, or#2 seed, therefore having to face most likely Golden State again. He didn't want to take the chance of getting beat by them again. Even Mark C. said last week that the Mavs should've, and could've won more games early in the season. He said, "They lost games that they should have easily won." The reason they lost them was due to Avery's b.s. experiementing, benching Dirk alot, trying to run the offense thru Howard, not letting Harris run the offense without him bitching, and calling every play, like Pop's let Parker when he still learning, not playing a center the whole game instead opting to play Bass at center( in which he continues to do) when we had Damp, and Diop a two headed monster that went to the N.B.A. Finals. Why did we even get Magloire? I guess so he could be a cheerleader like Kidd was when he took him out against S.A. Avery thought he could wait until the last 1/4 of the season to see where every team would be seeded at, then he figured he could get the Mavs rolling, but the truth is all he did was messed up their chemistry with his b.s. experiements, rotations, not playing a center the whole game, and last but not least trading Harris, Diop for a p.g. who is old and can't shoot worth a lick. Harris could shoot jumpers, 3 ptr's, drove to the basket, defended, took charges, and was the fastest p.g. in the league. How many charges have u seen since the Kidd trade. I said, Mavs would lose against Houston, Utah, L.A.,S.A.,Boston, I was right. They will lose against G.S. twice, L.A., Pheonix, Utah, New Orleans for sure maybe Denver since Dirk won't play. Thus finishing with a record of 49 and 33. Avery was looking to ahead into the season instead of just going with the guys that won 67 games last yr. It seems that he's the only one who hasn't got over the G.S. blowout, but then again isn't he the won who changed the 67 win team's lineup to play their style. The results speak for themselves. He's the one who panicks that's why Harris, Diop ect.. are gone, and look at the Mavs now. He will get fired pretty soon. Mark my words. We need a coach who doesn't panick, especially one who trusts his players, and one who isn't a control freak.
jamyoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-24-2008, 06:13 AM   #2
rmacomic
Platinum Member

rmacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamyoa
Avery purposely tanked games in the beg.. of the season. He used excuses like were just experiementing with the rotatations. The truth of the matter was that he was so afraid of finishing the season as a #1, or#2 seed, therefore having to face most likely Golden State again. He didn't want to take the chance of getting beat by them again. Even Mark C. said last week that the Mavs should've, and could've won more games early in the season. He said, "They lost games that they should have easily won." The reason they lost them was due to Avery's b.s. experiementing, benching Dirk alot, trying to run the offense thru Howard, not letting Harris run the offense without him bitching, and calling every play, like Pop's let Parker when he still learning, not playing a center the whole game instead opting to play Bass at center( in which he continues to do) when we had Damp, and Diop a two headed monster that went to the N.B.A. Finals. Why did we even get Magloire? I guess so he could be a cheerleader like Kidd was when he took him out against S.A. Avery thought he could wait until the last 1/4 of the season to see where every team would be seeded at, then he figured he could get the Mavs rolling, but the truth is all he did was messed up their chemistry with his b.s. experiements, rotations, not playing a center the whole game, and last but not least trading Harris, Diop for a p.g. who is old and can't shoot worth a lick. Harris could shoot jumpers, 3 ptr's, drove to the basket, defended, took charges, and was the fastest p.g. in the league. How many charges have u seen since the Kidd trade. I said, Mavs would lose against Houston, Utah, L.A.,S.A.,Boston, I was right. They will lose against G.S. twice, L.A., Pheonix, Utah, New Orleans for sure maybe Denver since Dirk won't play. Thus finishing with a record of 49 and 33. Avery was looking to ahead into the season instead of just going with the guys that won 67 games last yr. It seems that he's the only one who hasn't got over the G.S. blowout, but then again isn't he the won who changed the 67 win team's lineup to play their style. The results speak for themselves. He's the one who panicks that's why Harris, Diop ect.. are gone, and look at the Mavs now. He will get fired pretty soon. Mark my words. We need a coach who doesn't panick, especially one who trusts his players, and one who isn't a control freak.
I can't read your words.
Old 03-24-2008, 06:36 AM   #3
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

i want to kill myself.

in fact.....this describes how i feel reading this thread.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=LTnq268y2ms

Last edited by MavsX; 03-24-2008 at 06:37 AM.
MavsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 07:35 AM   #4
ribosoma
Golden Member

ribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond repute

This message is hidden because jamyoa is on your ignore list.
ribosoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 08:08 AM   #5
aexchange
Boom goes the Dynamite!

aexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant future

honestly, i'd much rather just miss the playoffs and get into the lottery than just to squeak in and get booted in the 1st round.

missing the playoffs at least gives me the hope of grabbing rose or mayo in the lottery.
aexchange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 08:15 AM   #6
quiet riot act
Banned

quiet riot act is infamous around these partsquiet riot act is infamous around these partsquiet riot act is infamous around these partsquiet riot act is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by aexchange
honestly, i'd much rather just miss the playoffs and get into the lottery than just to squeak in and get booted in the 1st round.

missing the playoffs at least gives me the hope of grabbing rose or mayo in the lottery.

while other teams with real head coaches win games

we celebrate making the lottery

i can hear the song...
we are the champions..my friends

Quote:
Originally Posted by quiet riot act
next to brad davis ' jersey ...there should be a big badass banner that reads "Lottery Protected"
and we should raise that banner when Nellie is in town
that would be sooo cool
quiet riot act is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 08:19 AM   #7
Dim499
Platinum Member

Dim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud of

Quote:

What do you think about the Hibbert guy from Georgetown. He would definitely still be there. A bit of a reach accourding to this mock draft. http://www.nbadraft.net/ Mavs should pick somewhere between 8 - 14 I guess. Mayo would be great, but I fear he will have many 4-15 nights.
Dim499 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 08:23 AM   #8
quiet riot act
Banned

quiet riot act is infamous around these partsquiet riot act is infamous around these partsquiet riot act is infamous around these partsquiet riot act is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dim499
What do you think about the Hibbert guy from Georgetown. He would definitely still be there. A bit of a reach accourding to this mock draft. http://www.nbadraft.net/ Mavs should pick somewhere between 8 - 14 I guess. Mayo would be great, but I fear he will have many 4-15 nights.

how lucky would the mavs be to get a player like devin harris?
Old 03-24-2008, 08:25 AM   #9
horse900703
Diamond Member

horse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud of

MISS HARRIS SO BAD NOW~~~
horse900703 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 08:28 AM   #10
quiet riot act
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by horse900703
MISS HARRIS SO BAD NOW~~~

and nellie..
and nash..

and what do we got???? avery stinkin' johnson

after 3 years as head coach ... this once great franchise has been run off the road ..into the ditch ...and now off a cliff

thank avery!!!
where is the sickle cell when you need it?
Old 03-24-2008, 08:54 AM   #11
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Avery is tanking games now. Noone is actually dumb enough to do what Avery is doing. The guy has an agenda. Benching Kidd the last 34 seconds last time against SA then not having a pg on the court at one point yesterday proves that. Noone is that dumb to do something like that twice.

Last edited by DevinHarriswillstart; 03-24-2008 at 08:54 AM.
DevinHarriswillstart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 08:57 AM   #12
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
Diamond Member

MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant future

Avery is working for the Spurs, he was honored with them earlier this year remember? They worked out a deal. It's a big conspiracy. Has to be.

-"I'm so bored with this team, the Spurs are exciting. San Antonio is where its at. Eva Longeria is hot. I can get to this booger without anyone noticing, just inch a little closer finger."

Last edited by MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs; 03-24-2008 at 08:59 AM.
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 08:57 AM   #13
Dor

Dor is on a distinguished road

Quote:

Didn't we send NJ this years draft pick?
Dor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 08:59 AM   #14
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
Diamond Member

MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dor
Didn't we send NJ this years draft pick?
It's lottery protected.
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 09:15 AM   #15
mqywaaah
Diamond Member

mqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
It's lottery protected.

Meaning?

Follow me on Twitter http://twitter.com/gloriosomacky
mqywaaah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 09:19 AM   #16
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Meaning we get the pick if we miss the playoffs.

DevinHarriswillstart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 09:33 AM   #17
vashjan

vashjan will become famous soon enoughvashjan will become famous soon enough

we need to miss the playoffs, fire avery as soon the season is over. Hire Larry Brown - 2 yr contract(another pre-madonna). Make sure we have a solid first round pick since we have a lottery protected 2008 pick and then let kidd run the show next year..see what happens. Avery has single handedly screwed this thing up!!!
Old 03-24-2008, 10:11 AM   #18
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

Jamyoa, you might have a nice post, but it desperately need white space.

Give me a paragraph break!

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 10:31 AM   #19
mqywaaah
Diamond Member

mqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart
Meaning we get the pick if we miss the playoffs.

Any idea who that pick is? Team defining?

Follow me on Twitter http://twitter.com/gloriosomacky
mqywaaah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 10:33 AM   #20
Dor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
It's lottery protected.
You got a link showing it is lottery protected cause I can't find one?
Old 03-24-2008, 10:36 AM   #21
Dor

Ok found it.
So this years pick is lottery protected if Dirk is going to be out 2 weeks.
Us missing the playoffs might be our best bet then squeaking in as an 8 seed.
Old 03-24-2008, 10:40 AM   #22
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dor
Us missing the playoffs might be our best bet then squeaking in as an 8 seed.
That depends on how Dirk feels when he gets back from his injury and if the rest of the Mavs learn anything positive about themselves in his absence...

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 10:57 AM   #23
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Yea sorry to say it but our best bet may be to miss the playoffs just to get that 1st rounder this year. Not a deep draft but a young body is definately needed. Definately an athlete who who has decent basketball iq. Wouldn't mind getting South Oak Cliff's Darrell Arthur but he's a 4 and I think that's the last position we need to look at just so we won't have any 4's playing alongside Dirk for any of the game. Hibbert's stock has dropped. Last season probably would've been a lottery pick had he stayed in the draft. Anthony Randolph is another guy to look at who's a big guy who's a 3.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote