Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Old 03-02-2010, 05:47 PM   #41
92bDad
Platinum Member

92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future

Sure...bring em back to Dallas...provided he has the same role as Armstrong...that is a Bench Coach!!!
92bDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-03-2010, 01:03 AM   #42
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

No

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 01:56 AM   #43
mavsfan1000
Platinum Member

mavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the rough

All spurs fans hate him and make him out as a cancer. I'm not sure he is ideal for us at all. I think he might be going to the Celtics anyway. Who knows though.
mavsfan1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 01:58 AM   #44
Emjo21

Emjo21 is on a distinguished road

No if he'd be back as a player. I don't think he can shoot any better than what's-his-name-again-oh-wait---.....Matt Carroll.
Emjo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 01:59 AM   #45
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavsfan1000 View Post
All spurs fans hate him and make him out as a cancer.
That's news to me...

Where did you get this?

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 02:08 AM   #46
mavsfan1000
Platinum Member

mavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
That's news to me...

Where did you get this?
http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=147914
Old 03-03-2010, 08:34 PM   #47
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future

Screw Finley. Let him rot on someone else's bench. First he stabs the Mavs in the back, then he quits on the franchise that gave him a championship now that they're not the clear favorite. My guess is he'll try to ride some other championship aspiring team's coat tail to make himself feel relevant again.

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

-Miami paper on Dirk Nowitzki
Dirkenstien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 09:27 AM   #48
mcsluggo
Golden Member

mcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant future

Finley stabbed the Mavs in the back.... by getting released by them?
mcsluggo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 12:36 PM   #49
mavsfan1000
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcsluggo View Post
Good point but he does suck now and couldn't accept being on the Spurs since they weren't contenders this year. I could do without him.
Old 03-04-2010, 03:59 PM   #50
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Quote:
Good point but he does suck now and couldn't accept being on the Spurs since they weren't contenders this year. I could do without him.

I'm pretty sure he wanted out of San Antonio because he wasn't playing, not because of their contendership status. Fin's always been a guy that wants to be out there playing.
spreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 06:26 PM   #51
Dirkgreatness
Platinum Member

Dirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Michael Finley: 'I'm soon to be a Celtic'
ESPNBoston.com

Veteran swingman Michael Finley confirmed to ESPN.com on Thursday that he has reached an agreement to join the Boston Celtics.

Finley
Finley

"It's official now," Finley told ESPN.com after verbally committing to Boston. "I'm soon to be a Celtic."

Finley, who turns 37 Saturday, requested and received a buyout from the San Antonio Spurs earlier this week, freeing him to sign with a title contender while maintaining his playoff eligibility.

The Celtics appeared to only have the veteran minimum available to sign Finley, whose services were reportedly coveted by a handful of other playoff-bound teams, including the Los Angles Lakers.

Finley's stats have dipped dramatically this season (3.7 points, 1.5 rebounds, 0.8 assists over 15.8 minutes per game), but he's regarded as one of the best locker room presences in the league, and he boasts 111 games of playoff experience, winning a championship with the Spurs in 2007.

For his career, Finley is a 37.4 percent 3-point shooter (though he's only shot 31.7 percent from beyond the arc this season), and he has the potential to give the Celtics another perimeter threat after moving Eddie House at the trade deadline.

Last year in the playoffs, Finley averaged 8 points, 3 rebounds and 1 assist per game in five games with the Spurs. For his career, those numbers spike to 13.6 points, 4 rebounds, and 2 rebounds per game in the postseason.

A two-time All-Star, Finley will find himself behind Paul Pierce and Marquis Daniels at the small forward position, but his presence might allow the Celtics some flexibility with Daniels, who can play either guard spot or small forward.

In a season in which both Pierce and Daniels have been nagged by injuries, Finley also provides insurance should the injury bug not fly far from the Celtics.

Celtics president of basketball operations Danny Ainge confirmed his interest in Finley Wednesday in an interview on Boston sports radio station WEEI, saying he would be another shooter off the bench who could fill in for Pierce or Allen, and that having that extra option could be useful for coach Doc Rivers. He also played down the potential impact Finley would have.

"I certainly don't consider Mike Finley to be someone that's going to make the difference in us winning the championship," Ainge said, adding that he doesn't want to put that kind of pressure on the veteran. "That's why I keep the pressure on our starters."

Finley and Rivers should be fast friends. The pair both grew up outside Chicago and attended Proviso East High School in Maywood, Illinois.

"I don't think a veteran ever hurts," Rivers told the Boston Globe earlier this week when rumors first began to swirl about the Celtics' potential interest in Finley. "I think it always helps your team to have one, if it's the right one. Every team has some holes. Shooting is one thing we can't have enough of as far as I'm concerned. You look at some of these other teams, their shooting is ridiculous."

Even after adding Finley, the Celtics still have one empty roster spot.
http://sports.espn.go.com/boston/nba...ory?id=4966307
Old 03-04-2010, 09:22 PM   #52
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Usually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond repute

wow. playing behind marquis daniels.
Usually Lurkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 11:51 PM   #53
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkenstien View Post
Screw Finley. Let him rot on someone else's bench. First he stabs the Mavs in the back, then he quits on the franchise that gave him a championship now that they're not the clear favorite. My guess is he'll try to ride some other championship aspiring team's coat tail to make himself feel relevant again.
Whoa. I can't believe Mavs fans feel like this toward a former Mav like Finley. Especially what he did for this franchise. HE never stabbed the Mavs in the back. He got cut. And he didn't gripe about it one bit. He went to the Spurs because they showed interest in him and he had a chance at a title. At the end of the day he has to look out for himself.

And btw, he wanted to get cut because he wasn't getting playing time. The Spurs weren't favored last year either but he was getting PT. He's at the end of his career. If he feels he can still contribute to a contender I say go for it. He contributed to those Spurs teams earlier in his career there. Especially the championship year. Didn't he hit like 9 3's against the Nuggets in one of those series?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usually Lurkin View Post
wow. playing behind marquis daniels.
If that's the only person stopping him from getting PT picking the Celtics was a good pick on his part. He'll have a chance at PT. Probably there to play the Eddie House role.
Quote:
Any team with Duncan, Ginobilli and Parker on it is a contender. They're going to get in the post season. I think he was more upset the fact that he wasn't even getting suited up. No pt. Mavs don't need him but I don't blame Finley for wanting to give it one last go.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 12:48 AM   #54
twelli
Diamond Member

twelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant future

I wish him all the best, he's a great player and I believe a great person too.

Just compare him with Josh and you'll see the difference.

“He’s always around 23 or 24,” West said. “The bell rings every day.”
twelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 01:20 AM   #55
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by twelli View Post
I wish him all the best, he's a great player and I believe a great person too.

Just compare him with Josh and you'll see the difference.
Finley I thought paved the way for Mavs after him to act with class unlike the 3 J's before him. I sort of expected Josh to be more mature than he was but I guess I expected too much.
Old 03-05-2010, 02:05 AM   #56
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtownsfinest View Post
Any team with Duncan, Ginobilli and Parker on it is a contender.
lqtm
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 03:44 AM   #57
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkadirkastan View Post
lqtm
Did I miss the memo that Duncan, Ginobilli and Parker are laughable now?

lol
Old 03-05-2010, 04:09 AM   #58
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

Your sentence as a whole is funny.

Last edited by Dirkadirkastan; 03-05-2010 at 04:10 AM.
Old 03-05-2010, 04:45 AM   #59
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Quote:
Your sentence as a whole is funny.
How so?
Old 03-05-2010, 04:54 AM   #60
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Do I have to explain everything?

Spurs = 2nd straight first round exit.
Old 03-05-2010, 07:21 AM   #61
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
are your a spurs fan or something. i see your name..but...i hate the spurs..it just sounds like you like both the mavs and the spurs
MavsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 01:41 PM   #62
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Quote:
Do I have to explain everything?

Spurs = 2nd straight first round exit.
Yea you should explain everything if you're going to reply with "lqtm". It doesn't really offer much to a site when the board is full of "lmao", "lol", etc. And you may be right but I consider anyone who makes the playoffs a contender. Especially one with 5 championships. They may not do anything but once you get in the post season its anything goes. Its a whole new ball game.
Old 03-05-2010, 08:43 PM   #63
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future

Quote:
He stabbed the Mavs in the back by signing with San Antonio. I believe Cuban offered to pay him the the rest of his contract up front if he went to the East, but he turned that down so he could join our conference and division rivals when there were plenty of other competitive championship aspiring teams at that time that wanted him. Now, when things aren't going his way in San Antonio, he gives up on them. In my opinion that says a lot about his character and lack of loyalty but you're welcome to disagree.

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

-Miami paper on Dirk Nowitzki
Dirkenstien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 01:46 AM   #64
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkenstien View Post
He stabbed the Mavs in the back by signing with San Antonio. I believe Cuban offered to pay him the the rest of his contract up front if he went to the East, but he turned that down so he could join our conference and division rivals when there were plenty of other competitive championship aspiring teams at that time that wanted him. Now, when things aren't going his way in San Antonio, he gives up on them. In my opinion that says a lot about his character and lack of loyalty but you're welcome to disagree.
Don't take offense because this is a legit question but did you become a Mavs fan when Dirk became good or do you not remember how loyal Finley was to the Mavs? I don't get how anyone can knock the guy for going to a team to win a championship. Whether its a division rival or not the Spurs at the time were one of the better teams in the league. Finley got a chance to start for them and get a ring.

And Finley never gave up on the Spurs. I think it would say more about his character had he stayed on the Spurs just to collect a check. He wants PT.
Old 03-06-2010, 04:43 AM   #65
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Quote:
Yea you should explain everything if you're going to reply with "lqtm". It doesn't really offer much to a site when the board is full of "lmao", "lol", etc. And you may be right but I consider anyone who makes the playoffs a contender. Especially one with 5 championships. They may not do anything but once you get in the post season its anything goes. Its a whole new ball game.
Spurs are out in the first round. Book it.

Who are they gonna play? Right now the top four are the Lakers, Mavs, Nuggets, and Jazz. They're not going to beat the Lakers. The Mavs have exploited matchup problems against them for years, and recent trades (on both sides!) have exacerbated the problem. Last year, the Mavs were more athletic than the Spurs, and the Nuggets were more athletic than the Mavs. Do you really think the Spurs have done anything to close the gap with the Nuggets? And as for the Jazz... I have no idea but they were 4-0 against the Spurs this year so apparently they have something going for them too.

Don't give me that "anything can happen" weaksauce. They're over-matched no matter who they play.

Quote:
Any team with Duncan, Ginobilli and Parker on it is a contender.
haha, this is still funny

Last edited by Dirkadirkastan; 03-06-2010 at 04:45 AM.