Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 02-03-2011, 12:20 PM   #81
Axilla

Axilla is a glorious beacon of lightAxilla is a glorious beacon of lightAxilla is a glorious beacon of lightAxilla is a glorious beacon of lightAxilla is a glorious beacon of lightAxilla is a glorious beacon of lightAxilla is a glorious beacon of lightAxilla is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by grndmstr_c View Post
To those who haven't seen in Booby the tools that a point guard needs, all I can say is that I don't know how you've missed them. But jthig hits it, and mavs777 somehow does as well even through his confused jumbling of arguments: what we haven't seen from Booby is him being a floor general; a methodical and patient facilitator of the offense. Maybe it's lack of experience that's keeping him from it. Maybe he just doesn't have it. But I guarantee you the Mavs haven't given up on trying to develop it. And here's the thing. Eventually - maybe not this season, but eventually - they're going to have put him out there and let him make his mistakes. Prioritizing a point guard acquisition in the offseason would only set that back, so unless they've decided by the summer that he's not up to it, I wouldn't look for them to go hard after a PG in the free agent market.
so are you the only one that calls him that or what? i don't think it caught on

oh and sorry, but Roddy is nowhere near a PG at this juncture. the only thing that puts him in the category is the fact that he's smaller than 6'6".

undersized 2/tweener at best. the heir to JET
Old 02-03-2011, 12:31 PM   #82
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I will never understand this 'reliable' thing. I consider it to be a mischaracterization of the fluctuations in the games of guys like JJB and JET, and I find it utterly baffling when it's applied to guys like Marion, who makes a large portion of his salary on the defensive end, and Kidd, whose brain and on-court savvy is the basketball equivalent of Old Faithful.

None of those guys can reliably play like players who are better than them. That's about the extent of their unreliability.
I've been saying this on here for years.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 01:09 PM   #83
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
To those who haven't seen in Booby the tools that a point guard needs, all I can say is that I don't know how you've missed them. But jthig hits it, and mavs777 somehow does as well even through his confused jumbling of arguments: what we haven't seen from Booby is him being a floor general; a methodical and patient facilitator of the offense. Maybe it's lack of experience that's keeping him from it. Maybe he just doesn't have it. But I guarantee you the Mavs haven't given up on trying to develop it. And here's the thing. Eventually - maybe not this season, but eventually - they're going to have put him out there and let him make his mistakes. Prioritizing a point guard acquisition in the offseason would only set that back, so unless they've decided by the summer that he's not up to it, I wouldn't look for them to go hard after a PG in the free agent market.
+

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 01:39 PM   #84
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axilla View Post
so are you the only one that calls him that or what? i don't think it caught on

oh and sorry, but Roddy is nowhere near a PG at this juncture. the only thing that puts him in the category is the fact that he's smaller than 6'6".

undersized 2/tweener at best. the heir to JET
I am appalled, both by the apparent shortcomings in your reading comprehension, and by your flaccid and underdeveloped sense of metaphorical aesthetics.
Old 02-03-2011, 01:46 PM   #85
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I am appalled, both by the apparent shortcomings in your reading comprehension, and by your flaccid and underdeveloped sense of metaphorical aesthetics.
*snickers* - he said flaccid.
Old 02-03-2011, 01:46 PM   #86
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornDub View Post
I've been saying this on here for years.
So what you're saying is, nobody's going to listen to me either.
Old 02-03-2011, 02:06 PM   #87
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Wow, the rare grndmstr_c post - I'm pretty sure I haven't read anything from you in months...

You should try posting more often, maybe even in this thread - I'd love to hear your opinions about Roddy's future in this league. Do you think he possesses the right skillset to be a PG in the NBA?

Don't be afraid to share your thoughts - I swear I'll read (and remember) them!

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 02-03-2011 at 02:09 PM. Reason: cold days = weak bits
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 02:22 PM   #88
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future

so i missed something that hasn't occured?
mavs777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 02:29 PM   #89
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

The biggest thing I took from the game was the fact Dirk made a solid attempt to run down Tony Douglas and tried to block his layup.
Old 02-03-2011, 03:26 PM   #90
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
You might have a better shot. I talk a lot so people are naturally inclined to ignore most of what I say.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 03:46 PM   #91
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Sasha found a home

http://www.nola.com/hornets/index.ss...to_sign_f.html
Old 02-03-2011, 04:07 PM   #92
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Good for him!
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 04:14 PM   #93
BGMaverick9
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluid.forty.one View Post
Good for him!
Hey Sasha, hook a brother up. Do some work against the Lakers on Saturday.
Old 02-03-2011, 04:54 PM   #94
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

Boobs has the skill set to be a point guard in the league, it's getting him the experience to do it. Barring a broken foot, I could have seen us giving him upwards of 14-16 a night when we were at full strength, with Caron etc, to gain that experience. Right now winning games is the goal, lack of depth, and missed time, can't see the PG experiment getting to far off the ground. Been reading up on the scouting reports, seemed experience led to offensive fouls. Even defense was an issue in pre draft reports, lacks awareness, reaches, gambles, worries too much, interesting read, we've pretty much covered it here:

http://www.nbadraft.net/players/rodrigue-beaubois
Kidd Karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 04:55 PM   #95
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGMaverick9 View Post
Good for him, showed something in his 20 days with the Mavs, hopefully it'll lead to a guaranteed deal somewhere. Mavs still evaluating and a final conclusion is still 2 weeks away.
Kidd Karma is offline   Reply With Quote