Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 11-03-2003, 10:22 AM   #1
MavsFanatik33
Platinum Member

MavsFanatik33 has a spectacular aura aboutMavsFanatik33 has a spectacular aura about
Default Which team do you most enjoy watching?

Mavs are 4th on this on nba.com; unbelieveable
I can see Sac in front of us but that's it!
MavsFanatik33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-03-2003, 11:15 AM   #2
raefformvp
Golden Member

raefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant future
Default RE:Which team do you most enjoy watching?

Behind the Mavs I would say Kings are 2nd and Nets are 3rd. Kidd's passing is a thing of beauty.

my boy cheering on the Mavs with his Mavs maraca and wearing his Jason Terry headband.
raefformvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2003, 11:18 AM   #3
kingrex
Platinum Member

kingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the rough

Many may be fun to watch, but I don't expect anything less from a Mavs forum. I know I voted Mavs on this one.
kingrex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2003, 11:24 AM   #4
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Which team do you most enjoy watching?

Behind the Mavs would be 2)Sac 3)L.A. 4) NJ becasue of Kidd.
Old 11-03-2003, 11:26 AM   #5
kingrex
Platinum Member

kingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the rough

for me behind the Mavs would be 2) LA, 3) Sac & 4) Houston (I love Ming and the Franchise).
Old 11-03-2003, 11:55 AM   #6
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

This is a nobrainer on a Mavs forum. Altough some of our visitors from other forums will cast some votes for other teams.

A better question might be which team besides the Mavs do you most enoy watching.

As for me I most enjoy watching what every team that is beating the Lakers, Spurs, and Kings in that order. The Spurs are actually my 2nd favorite team after the Mavs, but we are competing for a Midwest division championship with them. As for the Lakers and Kings, I just flat out love to see them lose. Right now I think the Lakers are the biggest roadblock to the Mavs championship hopes and homecourt in the playoffs will be extremely important for Dallas to have if they meet the Lakers there.
Old 11-03-2003, 11:57 AM   #7
bogey
Banned

bogey is a jewel in the roughbogey is a jewel in the roughbogey is a jewel in the roughbogey is a jewel in the roughbogey is a jewel in the rough

Mavs...then the Nugs, Rockets, Spurs and here lately...the Warriors.
bogey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2003, 12:00 PM   #8
Chiwas
Guru

Chiwas is infamous around these partsChiwas is infamous around these parts

Mavs
Fakers
Lets
Puppies
Rocks
Spurrrs
Queens
Old 11-03-2003, 12:41 PM   #9
mavsfan4life

mavsfan4life is on a distinguished road

Mavs are number 1 overall! I cant believe that they put them as #4 on NBA.com. These are the Dallas Mavericks, the number 1 scoring team in the NBA last year. You know theres excitment when your team drops 100 points a game and get chalupas!
Old 11-03-2003, 01:09 PM   #10
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally posted by: mavsfan4life
Mavs are number 1 overall! I cant believe that they put them as #4 on NBA.com. These are the Dallas Mavericks, the number 1 scoring team in the NBA last year. You know theres excitment when your team drops 100 points a game and get chalupas!
Most national fans don't get to see the Mavs as much as the 3 other teams rated above them. Also the Mavs usually don't play as well on Nationally televised games.

Old 11-03-2003, 01:54 PM   #11
Shaq Attack2

Shaq Attack2 is on a distinguished road

I'm sure the reason the Mavs aren't #1 is because they lack superstar power and an aggressive, hard-nosed look. The new Lakers, Sac as usual, and even the Suns to a degree have this hard-nosed look and feel to them, not to mention superstars like Kobe/Shaq, Webber, and lighting-quick Marbury.

Otherwise, my Top 5 are:

1. Lakers
2. Mavs
2a. Sac
3. Suns
4. Nets
Shaq Attack2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2003, 02:07 PM   #12
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Well, I wouldn't say 'superstar' power. The Mavs best player is better than the best player on either the Kings or the Suns.

But, the Mavs 'superstar' doesn't necessarily have the same merchandising/advertising appeal.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2003, 02:09 PM   #13
LRB
Guru

Maybe "Flashy Superstar" might be in order.
Old 11-03-2003, 02:23 PM   #14
bogey
Banned

bogey is a jewel in the roughbogey is a jewel in the roughbogey is a jewel in the roughbogey is a jewel in the roughbogey is a jewel in the rough

Let me interpret.....

The Mavs have no potential felons on the squad...
bogey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2003, 02:49 PM   #15
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

Other than the Mavericks, I enjoy watching the Kings, Spurs, Lakers, Suns, and Nuggets. I like watching the Rockets when they give Yao the ball.

I also really enjoy watching certain players in action.

Then again, I also really dislike watching certain other players, like Juwan Howard, Steve Francis, Sam Cassell, Raef LaFrentz, Allen Iverson, Ricky Davis, and others I can't think of right now.
Old 11-03-2003, 05:06 PM   #16
jayC
Diamond Member

jayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nice

In order:
Mavs
Lakers- Four future hall a famers enough said.
Kings- Still run and gun but have lost major depth.
Cavs- Lebron the guy is fun to watch.
jayC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2003, 06:17 PM   #17
arsenalth9

arsenalth9 is on a distinguished road

Mavs are the most fun team to watch

kings in a close second

then no one is close to them at all
Old 11-03-2003, 06:18 PM   #18
OutletPass
Diamond Member

OutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really nice

Although they're a very different team this year, I'm going to stay with GS as my 2nd favorite team to watch until they prove otherwise with the Kings passing game right behind .

In the East, I'll be honest, I CAN'T watch anyone but the Nets or the Magic....it's just way too ugly over there...take a look at the 76ers to see what I mean...my son and I watched them play at GS over the weekend...and that was just ugly, ugly ugly....
Old 11-03-2003, 06:20 PM   #19
kingrex
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: OutletPass
Although they're a very different team this year, I'm going to stay with GS as my 2nd favorite team to watch until they prove otherwise with the Kings passing game right behind .

In the East, I'll be honest, I CAN'T watch anyone but the Nets or the Magic....it's just way too ugly over there...take a look at the 76ers to see what I mean...my son and I watched them play at GS over the weekend...and that was just ugly, ugly ugly....
Although with the seeming return of Carter, maybe Toronto moves from putrid to watchable.
Old 11-03-2003, 07:27 PM   #20
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

does anyone else think it's funny that when fans think of fun teams, they are always offensively minded teams?...I hate poor "O" as much as anyone else, but I love a great defensive showdown as well....but the average fan thinks of "D" as simply a the thing that comes between their team's shots....how sad!

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2003, 07:32 PM   #21
LRB
Guru

Quote:
Originally posted by: sike
does anyone else think it's funny that when fans think of fun teams, they are always offensively minded teams?...I hate poor "O" as much as anyone else, but I love a great defensive showdown as well....but the average fan thinks of "D" as simply a the thing that comes between their team's shots....how sad!

I love the kind of D that the Chicago Bulls used to play. Force turnovers and then off to the races. But the WWE style defense of some teams just turns my stomach. It's not basketball, it's wrestling.
Old 11-03-2003, 07:46 PM   #22
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: sike
It's not just the "average fan". In the off-season GM poll conducted by NBA.com 67% of GM's picked either the Mavs or the Kings as the most exiting teams in the league. Offense is truly what sets NBA players apart from those who are athletic, but not good enough to make the league.
Old 11-03-2003, 09:35 PM   #23
Shaq Attack2

Shaq Attack2 is on a distinguished road

Yes, that's exactly right Murph and LRB. Not superstars in terms of talent, but in terms of reputation, marketability and pizzazz.
Shaq Attack2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2003, 09:46 PM   #24
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

Mavs
Warriors
Kings
Old 11-03-2003, 10:47 PM   #25
ames7
Diamond Member

ames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to behold

Obviously the Mavs, but I'm genuinely surprised more people wouldn't say that. Say what you will about the Mavs' style, doesn't work in the playoffs, whatever, but it is extremely fun to watch.

Other than Dallas, I'd say Houston & Sacto. I also liked GS last year, but I haven't seen their revamped version this year yet.