Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 02-21-2010, 11:16 AM   #1
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute
Default The official I'm tired of all the whining about Roddy thread

I don't know if I'm alone here in dallas-mavs land or what, but damn. GIVE IT A REST WILLYA! I cannot open a thread without reading the same tired shtick about how roddy is the greatest thing since sliced bread and he's only not playing because RC is an idiot.

Man is it a whip. It doesn't matter if jjb/jet do good/great/bad/horrible/okay/terrible/okay/common/fantastic/otherworldy/competent/........to infinity and beyond..

The same tired shtick gets tossed into every single thread.

Someone could say, if you don't like it don't read it, but it's impossible because it gets tossed in everywhere.

Start a thread extolling the greatness that is roddy and the stupidity of RC for not agreeing with you and go at it.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-21-2010, 11:41 AM   #2
mavsfan1000
Platinum Member

mavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the rough

Well it's true. I'm convinced Carlisle is an idiot and not just because of playing Barea over Beaubois. The lineups he throws out there are not balanced and he is overplaying the starters. Piston fans can tell you the same thing. He had a grudge against Jon Barry and Prince in his first year. We need to find a new coach for next year. Carlisle is why I don't think we can win it all other then the Lakers.

Last edited by mavsfan1000; 02-21-2010 at 11:42 AM.
mavsfan1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 11:52 AM   #3
41N

41N is a glorious beacon of light41N is a glorious beacon of light41N is a glorious beacon of light41N is a glorious beacon of light41N is a glorious beacon of light41N is a glorious beacon of light41N is a glorious beacon of light41N is a glorious beacon of light

yeah, you're right, i think roddy should get more minutes!
41N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 11:55 AM   #4
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Cool...if you could keep it here, great...If not it would be nice to quit crapping all over every thread like some sort of monkey.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
Old 02-21-2010, 11:59 AM   #5
JCmasta

JCmasta is a jewel in the roughJCmasta is a jewel in the roughJCmasta is a jewel in the roughJCmasta is a jewel in the roughJCmasta is a jewel in the rough

It's starting to feel like Carlisle knows how we're complaining and trolls us during games by putting in an ice cold JET, a Turnover prone JJB, and a guy like Deshawn Stevenson while we don't even get a camera shot of RoddyB.

Where does Rick hide this guy?
JCmasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 12:01 PM   #6
rmacomic
Platinum Member

rmacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond repute

This time last year all anyone could complain about was Gerald Green not getting enough burn. I don't think anyone would argue now that we made a mistake by not developing that guy.

With this trade we are integrating new starters and still winning games, I'd say that is enough for now. If we had time to develop Roddy that time was used up by the last two months of .500 basketball. This team no longer has the luxury of giving significant minutes to a developing rookie, sorry, but if we want to compete this year, we will have to win as many games here on out as possible. I just don't see that happening, and us still being able to play Roddy.

If we somehow manage to lock down the second seed with a few games left, I'd give him some run at the two guard, until then I would keep going with the players trusted by the coach to give us the best chance at winning. Is it annoying when Barea comes in and we lose the lead? Yes. Is there a better alternative? Not in the coach's or team's eyes. Seriously, If Roddy was this great unused weapon, wouldn't you think the rest of the team would be lobbying for more time for him?
Old 02-21-2010, 12:07 PM   #7
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmacomic View Post
This time last year all anyone could complain about was Gerald Green not getting enough burn. I don't think anyone would argue now that we made a mistake by not developing that guy.

With this trade we are integrating new starters and still winning games, I'd say that is enough for now. If we had time to develop Roddy that time was used up by the last two months of .500 basketball. This team no longer has the luxury of giving significant minutes to a developing rookie, sorry, but if we want to compete this year, we will have to win as many games here on out as possible. I just don't see that happening, and us still being able to play Roddy.

If we somehow manage to lock down the second seed with a few games left, I'd give him some run at the two guard, until then I would keep going with the players trusted by the coach to give us the best chance at winning. Is it annoying when Barea comes in and we lose the lead? Yes. Is there a better alternative? Not in the coach's or team's eyes. Seriously, If Roddy was this great unused weapon, wouldn't you think the rest of the team would be lobbying for more time for him?
Is that you Roddy? What did you do with comic?

Straight up right on. It would be nice to avoid the lakeshow if possible, if not well c'est la vie you still lace 'em up and go.

But your point about GGreen is really spot-on, the same ranting (almost to a word) went on about him. Nature of fandom I guess. But hopefully fandom can contribute more than the incessant roddy posts we've seen recently.

EDIT: My joke didn't make any sense. But I guess after Doc, I like the idea of someone hiding behind someone elses username.

Last edited by dude1394; 02-21-2010 at 12:11 PM.
Old 02-21-2010, 12:17 PM   #8
G-Man
Platinum Member

G-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond repute

I love Roddy, but even I can see that, when he's at the point, the offense doesn't flow. I liked him a lot early on when he was starting at the 2, but now that we have Butler, he's a much better option.
Learning the point in the NBA is tough, even for college seasoned players. Just remember the Devin Harris experience.
Maybe RC is holding him back to unleash in the 2nd round, like Avery did against San Antonio.
Old 02-21-2010, 12:20 PM   #9
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

...has anyone seen a 5'7'' midget running around in a
Mavs jersey causing turnovers and looking for his shot while masquerading as an NBA PG? He is also know as the official momentum killer and often goes by the unrightful minutes thief. He escaped the cage we kept him in a few months ago and I heard I might find him around here.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY

Last edited by SMC0007; 02-21-2010 at 12:21 PM.
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 12:21 PM   #10
mavsfan1000
Platinum Member

mavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmacomic View Post

Beaubois has already proven more than Barea. It's not like he is this super raw player with no skills. He's got the full package. Carlisle must have a grudge against him. Barea has just been terrible this last 5 games or so. You can't tell me Beaubois would do worse. Now Kidd is playing over 40 minutes per game. It burns me up inside all these poor decisions by Carlisle. Even Terry called for Beaubois to get more minutes.
Old 02-21-2010, 12:24 PM   #11
Hitman
Golden Member

Hitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to all

Why can't people post new threads without the words "thread" and "official" in them? Every thread is the official something or other thread.

Put Your Brand On Everyone's Lips: http://www.java-ads.com
Hitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 12:26 PM   #12
mavsfan1000
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Man View Post
I love Roddy, but even I can see that, when he's at the point, the offense doesn't flow. I liked him a lot early on when he was starting at the 2, but now that we have Butler, he's a much better option.
Learning the point in the NBA is tough, even for college seasoned players. Just remember the Devin Harris experience.
Maybe RC is holding him back to unleash in the 2nd round, like Avery did against San Antonio.
Same thing with Barea but Barea is also horrible on defense. Beaubois can play beside Terry. Terry used to be the starting point guard so I think we can handle him being a backup point guard. We could also give Butler an early rest to allow Beaubois to play alongside Kidd.
Old 02-21-2010, 12:41 PM   #13
41N

41N is a glorious beacon of light41N is a glorious beacon of light41N is a glorious beacon of light41N is a glorious beacon of light41N is a glorious beacon of light41N is a glorious beacon of light41N is a glorious beacon of light41N is a glorious beacon of light

smc0007 and mavsfan1000 are completely right, theres no way that roddys inexperience is the reason for sitting on the bench. he penetrates better than barea, he's a better 3-pointer-shooter, he's a better defender and he even makes less mistakes. theres NOTHING that speaks for barea...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394 View Post
Cool...if you could keep it here, great...If not it would be nice to quit crapping all over every thread like some sort of monkey.
you're right...
if i continue like this, i might become a nerd with 32,827 posts and no real life...
41N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 12:45 PM   #14
rmacomic
Platinum Member

rmacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavsfan1000 View Post
Same thing with Barea but Barea is also horrible on defense. Beaubois can play beside Terry. Terry used to be the starting point guard so I think we can handle him being a backup point guard. We could also give Butler an early rest to allow Beaubois to play alongside Kidd.
dude1394 coming to grips with an Obama presidency, 92bDad coming off cocaine, Chumdawg and Dr. Bio's epic feud, all things that didn't cause me to put someone on ignore.

You sir, are the first have that honor.

Also I just passed 10,000 rep points in under 2000 posts, that's gotta be some kind of record.
Old 02-21-2010, 01:04 PM   #15
She_Growls
Golden Member

She_Growls is a name known to allShe_Growls is a name known to allShe_Growls is a name known to allShe_Growls is a name known to allShe_Growls is a name known to allShe_Growls is a name known to allShe_Growls is a name known to allShe_Growls is a name known to allShe_Growls is a name known to all

Quote:
I like that idea too Mavsfans. RC appears to have tunnel vision; unable to think on his feet. At least the mad scientist (Nellie) had no problem experimenting with his players and at a time like right now when Kidd is playing to many mins, you would think RC could get creative with the backup rotation.....What exactly makes RC a good coach? Will someone tell me because I don't see it right now.
She_Growls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 01:09 PM   #16
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Wanting Carlisle fired for not playing the rook is as silly as comparing Roddy to GG.

You can't deny that most fans are curious as to what is going on with that....I think mainly because most people feel that Roddy could really help.

DevinHarriswillstart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 01:12 PM   #17
LetsGoMavs
Diamond Member

LetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankvizza View Post
sit barea 's ass , if roddy is so untradable why doesn't he play ,what the hell do they see in barea , play roddy even at worse he still will be better than barea...
First of all you are massively exaggerating this case...

As far as i can see (and hope), he just played JJB that often, because he didn´t want a rookie to play with those new guys...i mean i am not even sure Roddy is already capable of running all of our plays.

We´ll see if Roddys minutes will go up after they actually had a real practice together - if they go not...it will be totally justifiable to critcize RC.
Old 02-21-2010, 01:20 PM   #18
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Well it's true. I'm convinced Carlisle is an idiot and not just because of playing Barea over Beaubois.
Every single team has fans every single year who think the coach is an idiot for some reason or another. That includes guys like Phil and Pop who clearly are not idiots. But I'm sure you're right and Rick actually is an idiot.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 01:21 PM   #19
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

I'm gonna make the official "i'm tired of everyone whining about what people do, or dont post, or how they organize it".

That said, there's no reason why Roddy can't get minutes of JJB and Terry at this point.
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 01:22 PM   #20
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornDub View Post
Every single team has fans every single year who think the coach is an idiot for some reason or another. That includes guys like Phil and Pop who clearly are not idiots. But I'm sure you're right and Rick actually is an idiot.
I love all the people on spurstalk calling for Pops head. Yeah, great idea guys.
Old 02-21-2010, 01:26 PM   #21
aurelino9

aurelino9 is a name known to allaurelino9 is a name known to allaurelino9 is a name known to allaurelino9 is a name known to allaurelino9 is a name known to allaurelino9 is a name known to allaurelino9 is a name known to allaurelino9 is a name known to allaurelino9 is a name known to all

Point guard position is very difficult for any rookie to play, let alone someone from another country.
Couple that the fact that we have no idea what he's doing in practices and that we acquired 3 new players which is the big reason why Kidd has played so many minutes recently.
aurelino9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 01:27 PM   #22
mavsfan1000
Platinum Member

Quote:
Phil Jackson is the best coach in the league. Pop is a little more questionable but I would choose him over Carlisle as well. What has Carlisle proven really? He is a playoff failure for the most part. If it's all about learning plays rather then playing the best talent out there, that would explain something. I still think Beaubois not learning some of the plays is more efficient than Barea knowing them all. And why does Beaubois have to be the point guard? Why can't he play in the role Terry has? Anyways I'm done griping until next game where I see Barea being an embarrassment again. lol

Last edited by mavsfan1000; 02-21-2010 at 01:28 PM.
Old 02-21-2010, 01:29 PM   #23
fluid.forty.one

Quote:
Phil Jackson is the best coach in the league. Pop is a little more questionable...

umm... Wow.
Old 02-21-2010, 01:32 PM   #24
mavsfan1000
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluid.forty.one View Post
umm... Wow.
Where is the wow in that? I thought it was common sense. Pop has made some mistakes these last couple years imo to go down on the list and we know Phil Jackson is in love with Fisher but Fisher has gotten it done with them.
Old 02-21-2010, 01:35 PM   #25
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Phil Jackson is the best coach in the league. Pop is a little more questionable but I would choose him over Carlisle as well. What has Carlisle proven really? He is a playoff failure for the most part. If it's all about learning plays rather then playing the best talent out there, that would explain something. I still think Beaubois not learning some of the plays is more efficient than Barea knowing them all. And why does Beaubois have to be the point guard? Why can't he play in the role Terry has? Anyways I'm done griping until next game where I see Barea being an embarrassment again. lol
I think you completely missed the point of my post. You realize that the next time the Lakers lose 2 games in a row this year, there will be a hundred posts on LakersGround detailing a comparable list of reasons as to why Phil is an idiot? Does that make them right?

Old 02-21-2010, 01:38 PM   #26
fluid.forty.one

Quote:
I think you completely missed the point of my post. You realize that the next time the Lakers lose 2 games in a row this year, there will be a hundred posts on LakersGround detailing a comparable list of reasons as to why Phil is an idiot? Does that make them right?
Case in point, my roommate is a gigantic Lakers fan (aka a huge dbag) and he was going off last night about how stupid Phil has been this year. It's no coincidence that my roommate can somehow turn off a close Laker game in the 4th quarter to go make food or some other activity that can wait. But when the playoffs come, hoooo boy he's the "biggest fan of all".
Old 02-21-2010, 01:39 PM   #27
mavsfan1000
Platinum Member

Quote:
Well their record speaks for itself. Much better than ours. I'm sure the fans are right sometimes but the mistakes are less glaring than they are here. Our record should be better. It has fallen ever since Beaubois was taken out of the starting lineup. The trade revived us but I still think we need that spark.
Old 02-21-2010, 01:42 PM   #28
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Well their record speaks for itself. Much better than ours. I'm sure the fans are right sometimes but the mistakes are less glaring than they are here. Our record should be better. It has fallen ever since Beaubois was taken out of the starting lineup. The trade revived us but I still think we need that spark.
Could someone tell me how that ignore feature works again?
Old 02-21-2010, 01:43 PM   #29
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Posts like this are embarrassing...

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 01:48 PM   #30
mavsfan1000
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
Why is that? Something wrong with having a slasher that can hit 3's and play aggressive defense? And yes we miss Devin Harris. We haven't found a player yet to replace him. Heck Harris would be the perfect compliment to Kidd. Our offense gets a little stagnant with the lack of movement off the ball. Haywood is the center we need but we still need some more speed to open things up and cause chaos for the defense. That's why some teams have had success going small. Butler is best at SF so we are missing one piece.
Old 02-21-2010, 01:51 PM   #31
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Is it possible for the mods to temp ban someone for incessant moronitude? (moronity? moronism?) IMO that's a far greater threat to society than those boobs that spiral posted.
Old 02-21-2010, 01:51 PM   #32
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Why is that?
Becasue when you say this:
Quote:
Our record should be better. It has fallen ever since Beaubois was taken out of the starting lineup. The trade revived us but I still think we need that spark.
You're pretty much saying that Roddy is more important to this team than Butler & Haywood.

That's just plain ignorant.

Last edited by Underdog; 02-21-2010 at 01:52 PM.
Old 02-21-2010, 01:54 PM   #33
mavsfan1000
Platinum Member

Quote:
Becasue when you say this:

You're pretty much saying that Roddy is more important to this team than Butler & Haywood.

That's just plain ignorant.
Nope. I said Beaubois not being played at all and Terry, Howard, and Barea being played extra minutes was hurting our team. Terry and Barea are still hurting our team but covered up by solid play by Butler and Haywood. We are back to winning though but I think we could be even better.
Old 02-21-2010, 01:57 PM   #34
Underdog

Quote:
Nope. I said Beaubois not being played at all and Terry, Howard, and Barea being played extra minutes was hurting our team. Terry and Barea are still hurting our team but covered up by solid play by Butler and Haywood. We are back to winning though but I think we could be even better.
Well, you're a sh!tty communicator then because that's not what came across at all...

Old 02-21-2010, 02:01 PM   #35
LonghornDub

Quote:
And yet, despite their record, there are still tons of fans who jump at the chance to call them "idiots" when things go bad temporarily. Are you insinuating that you are somehow being more reasonable than those fans?

Old 02-21-2010, 02:02 PM   #36
mavsfan1000
Platinum Member

Quote:
Well, you're a sh!tty communicator then because that's not what came across at all...
I never mentioned Butler or Haywood at all. I just mentioned from a chemistry standpoint that it is important to have Beaubois in there. If Beaubois continues to play like he has been, this team just became a lot tougher. Also it is addition by subtraction of Barea and nights when Terry can't shoot.
Old 02-21-2010, 02:05 PM   #37
Underdog

Quote:
I never mentioned Butler or Haywood at all.
You never mentioned Butler and Haywood???

I suppose you were talking about another trade?

Old 02-21-2010, 02:08 PM   #38
mavsfan1000
Platinum Member

Quote:
And yet, despite their record, there are still tons of fans who jump at the chance to call them "idiots" when things go bad temporarily. Are you insinuating that you are somehow being more reasonable than those fans?
I don't know a thing about those fans so I can't make a comment about that. But it looks like in their situation (lakers), they don't have much to complain about. While this team had a terrible slump once Beaubois was taken out of the rotation. So records do make a difference. This team is too talented to be playing as poorly as it was. I'm sure I could find some flaws in every coach like you said if I watched their games enough. Avery Johnson with his love for Stackhouse and Van Horn being the ones from before. Don Nelson and his love for small ball and Walker.
Old 02-21-2010, 02:13 PM   #39
LonghornDub

Quote:
I don't know a thing about those fans so I can't make a comment about that. But it looks like in their situation (lakers), they don't have much to complain about. While this team had a terrible slump once Beaubois was taken out of the rotation. So records do make a difference. This team is too talented to be playing as poorly as it was. I'm sure I could find some flaws in every coach like you said if I watched their games enough. Avery Johnson with his love for Stackhouse and Van Horn being the ones from before. Don Nelson and his love for small ball and Walker.
There's a difference between levying a criticism and calling the coach an "idiot."

Old 02-21-2010, 02:14 PM   #40
aurelino9

aurelino9 is a name known to allaurelino9 is a name known to allaurelino9 is a name known to allaurelino9 is a name known to allaurelino9 is a name known to allaurelino9 is a name known to allaurelino9 is a name known to allaurelino9 is a name known to allaurelino9 is a name known to all

Quote:
While this team had a terrible slump once Beaubois was taken out of the rotation.
When did this happen?
aurelino9 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fluffmeister