Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 06-26-2018, 06:18 PM   #1
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Me.B View Post
How long before Luka is sleeved out in tats?
He's in the right city for it -- Dallas has some of the best tattoo artists in the world... Looks like he's already got a bit of a head start:

Dude liks his tats...

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2018, 07:38 PM   #2
Me.B

Me.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
He's in the right city for it -- Dallas has some of the best tattoo artists in the world... Looks like he's already got a bit of a head start:

Dude liks his tats...

Yea, once he’s actually moved to Dallas and gets to explore the city I fully expect his number of tats to increase. I also expect he’ll be pretty popular around Uptown. Hopefully he doesn’t follow the path of Zeke Elliott though.
Me.B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2018, 08:22 PM   #3
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Yea, once he’s actually moved to Dallas and gets to explore the city I fully expect his number of tats to increase. I also expect he’ll be pretty popular around Uptown. Hopefully he doesn’t follow the path of Zeke Elliott though.
Drinking age in Spain is 18. I'm sure the dude has witnessed the insanity of Madrid club life. Luckily he's not coming to the US and suddenly going to hear the call of the club.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2018, 09:12 PM   #4
Me.B

Me.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
Drinking age in Spain is 18. I'm sure the dude has witnessed the insanity of Madrid club life. Luckily he's not coming to the US and suddenly going to hear the call of the club.

I’m not suggesting that. I’m just saying that he’s been part of the party scene already in Spain. The nightlife in Dallas is a lot of fun and athletes have been known to get themselves in trouble around town. I just hope that he’s one of the smart ones and keeps his nose clean. If he does he’ll be revered around town like Dirk is. If not he’ll see a lot of what Zeke Elliott has seen since he’s been in Dallas.
Old 06-26-2018, 09:35 PM   #5
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I’m not suggesting that. I’m just saying that he’s been part of the party scene already in Spain. The nightlife in Dallas is a lot of fun and athletes have been known to get themselves in trouble around town. I just hope that he’s one of the smart ones and keeps his nose clean. If he does he’ll be revered around town like Dirk is. If not he’ll see a lot of what Zeke Elliott has seen since he’s been in Dallas.
He's going to have to do a lot more than that to be revered like the GOAT. Dirk is on the Mt. Rushmore of Dallas sports.
BPo001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2018, 09:53 PM   #6
Me.B

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPo001 View Post
He's going to have to do a lot more than that to be revered like the GOAT. Dirk is on the Mt. Rushmore of Dallas sports.

I agree! He will also have to keep his nose clean like Dirk has. Hopefully Doncic can do the same.
Old 06-29-2018, 05:52 AM   #7
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPo001 View Post

Interesting train of thought to run with....

Roger Staubach
Troy Aikman
Emmitt Smith
Dirk Nowitzki

Edit: I only considered athletes. If we're including coaches or other general sports figures, then Tom Landry is not only on Mount Rushmore, he's on the f**king $1 bill, and the city of Dallas could be renamed "Landry."

Last edited by Thespiralgoeson; 06-29-2018 at 05:57 AM.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2018, 06:59 AM   #8
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thespiralgoeson View Post

Roger Staubach
Troy Aikman
Emmitt Smith
Dirk Nowitzki

Edit: I only considered athletes. If we're including coaches or other general sports figures, then Tom Landry is not only on Mount Rushmore, he's on the f**king $1 bill, and the city of Dallas could be renamed "Landry."
What if you could only pick 1 player from each major sport -- NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL? Dirk and Madano are obvious... What about the Rangers? Pudge? Ryan? You could make arguments for both... But the Cowboys? Lots of choices there. Staubach is the classic answer, but Aikman had more rings, and Emmitt had the most individual success... I probably go Dirk-Madano-Pudge-Emmitt, although it almost seems sacrilegious not to have Staubach on there..

/thread hijack

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 06-29-2018 at 07:01 AM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2018, 08:29 AM   #9
Me.B

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thespiralgoeson View Post

Roger Staubach
Troy Aikman
Emmitt Smith
Dirk Nowitzki

I’d include Mike Madano in that group.