Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 10-29-2006, 07:41 PM   #1
atrewsfan
Banned

atrewsfan will become famous soon enoughatrewsfan will become famous soon enough
Default Pre-season player rankings: Dirk #2

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...ngs/index.html

It'd sure be tough to choose between Wade, Dirk, and LeBron...

Last edited by atrewsfan; 10-29-2006 at 07:41 PM.
atrewsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-29-2006, 07:50 PM   #2
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

Great to see Dirk ranked so high! I'd switch Wade and Lebron, but the ranks look pretty good.

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
nashtymavsfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 12:32 AM   #3
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

I love Dirk as #2.. and I would probably swap Wade and Kobe..

Last edited by spreedom; 10-30-2006 at 12:35 AM.
spreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 12:36 AM   #4
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

Um, spree, D12 is on there at #14, Bosh is #15 and Redd is #20.

Edit: Just saw your edit.

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."

Last edited by nashtymavsfan13; 10-30-2006 at 12:36 AM.
Old 10-30-2006, 01:18 AM   #5
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashtymavsfan13
Um, spree, D12 is on there at #14, Bosh is #15 and Redd is #20.

Edit: Just saw your edit.

Yeah I didn't look at the list carefully at all.. for the record, however, it would have been a gross injustice to see 12 left off of that list..
spreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 01:34 AM   #6
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by spreedom
Yeah I didn't look at the list carefully at all.. for the record, however, it would have been a gross injustice to see 12 left off of that list..
I completley agree. I am actually very impressed with this list.

Old 10-30-2006, 02:01 AM   #7
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by atrewsfan
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...ngs/index.html

It'd sure be tough to choose between Wade, Dirk, and LeBron...

It wouldn't be tough for me...and I don't think it'd be tough for a GM either.

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 02:28 AM   #8
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Dumb for wade to be ahead of kobe and lebron
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 11:51 AM   #9
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

How would it be dumb lol? Did you not see that performance Wade put on in the championship game? I remember it all too well. I have no problem with the rankings. I'd swap 'Bron and Wade but at the same time I can see reasoningf or having Wade #1.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 12:01 PM   #10
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluid.forty.one
Dumb for wade to be ahead of kobe and lebron
I dont think it's dumb for him to be ahead of Kobe, but Lebron yeah
Old 10-30-2006, 12:23 PM   #11
snoop

snoop is a jewel in the roughsnoop is a jewel in the roughsnoop is a jewel in the rough

I think the rankings are pretty solid you could make a case for any of the top 10 to move up or down a couple spots
Old 10-30-2006, 06:34 PM   #12
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

Nice to see Dirk get some well deserved respect. Hard to see anyone not named LeBron at number 1, but a pretty fair list regardless.
Old 10-30-2006, 06:58 PM   #13
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco
I dont think it's dumb for him to be ahead of Kobe, but Lebron yeah
Wade is not better than Kobe

heck it could be argued that kobe is still a better baller than lebron
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2006, 01:58 AM   #14
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Kobe is the best basketball player in the world. Hands down.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2006, 09:39 AM   #15
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

Right now, yes, that is probably correct. But like I said, it wouldn't even be close as to who I would build a team around if given the choice tomorrow. LeBron is going to be - well - GOOD!