Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Old 12-10-2004, 02:41 AM   #1
Poindexter Einstein
Golden Member

Poindexter Einstein will become famous soon enough
Default Re getting Kidd/Mourning to Dallas

With all the drooling over Kidd and Mourning, and the haste to figure out some sort of deal, it is time for a dose of reality.

Here is what you get with such a deal ....

--------------------------

http://www.sportsline.com/nba/story/7982067 here are some excerpts ...

Hip, knee, hand and leg problems might force New Jersey Nets center Alonzo Mourning to spend some time on the injured list because his body is "breaking down."

"Right now my body is breaking down on me physically," Mourning said Thursday. "The only way for me to get better is to rest it. My knee, my hip, my hand, all that stuff is kind of hampering me right now and keeping me from performing at a higher level."

The 34-year-old Mourning would not speculate about how much time he would need off.

Mourning said. "But I don't want to waste anybody's time. If we have another body on the bench that's fresher than me, I recommend they use him because I don't know how long this is going to take to heal up."

----------------------------

We WANT the Mourning of 5 years ago - but face it kiddies, he is gone.

Now ....... before you go and say "okay, then just drop Mourning and lets chase Kidd" ..... with Kidd, the potential is very high for similar issues. We want the Kidd of 5 years ago - but he doesnt exist either!

This version has high-risk knee issues. He has a noose of a contract. And he is old. He still cant shoot worth a lick. In his wonderful first game back, which everyone slobbered all over, he played 20 minutes only. SIX turnovers. Still couldnt shoot. Only 3 assists. Game 2, same story - 20 minutes. 2 assists. 3-9 shooting.

For a noose of a contract, we need wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy more than that kind of player.
Poindexter Einstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-10-2004, 09:17 AM   #2
doggnutz

doggnutz is on a distinguished road
Default RE:Re getting Kidd/Mourning to Dallas

Quote:
Originally posted by: Poindexter Einstein
With all the drooling over Kidd and Mourning, and the haste to figure out some sort of deal, it is time for a dose of reality.

Here is what you get with such a deal ....

--------------------------

http://www.sportsline.com/nba/story/7982067 here are some excerpts ...

Hip, knee, hand and leg problems might force New Jersey Nets center Alonzo Mourning to spend some time on the injured list because his body is "breaking down."

"Right now my body is breaking down on me physically," Mourning said Thursday. "The only way for me to get better is to rest it. My knee, my hip, my hand, all that stuff is kind of hampering me right now and keeping me from performing at a higher level."

The 34-year-old Mourning would not speculate about how much time he would need off.

Mourning said. "But I don't want to waste anybody's time. If we have another body on the bench that's fresher than me, I recommend they use him because I don't know how long this is going to take to heal up."

----------------------------

We WANT the Mourning of 5 years ago - but face it kiddies, he is gone.

Now ....... before you go and say "okay, then just drop Mourning and lets chase Kidd" ..... with Kidd, the potential is very high for similar issues. We want the Kidd of 5 years ago - but he doesnt exist either!

This version has high-risk knee issues. He has a noose of a contract. And he is old. He still cant shoot worth a lick. In his wonderful first game back, which everyone slobbered all over, he played 20 minutes only. SIX turnovers. Still couldnt shoot. Only 3 assists. Game 2, same story - 20 minutes. 2 assists. 3-9 shooting.

For a noose of a contract, we need wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy more than that kind of player.
No Kid, the mavs should chase Malone, and doesn't cost anything right now. Malone as Dirks backup is championship baby.
doggnutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2004, 10:08 AM   #3
Mavs414

Mavs414 is on a distinguished road
Default RE: Re getting Kidd/Mourning to Dallas

yea ur right we should try to get malone
Old 12-10-2004, 10:35 AM   #4
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

MavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to behold

Mourning is averaging 25 mpg.

He should NEVER have been used for more than 12-15.
MavKikiNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2004, 11:41 AM   #5
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future

Mourning would be a great backup center for us behind Dampier. As Kiki said, he should not be averaging anything close to 25 minutes a game. I believe he would last a lot longer in the role he could fill for us in Dallas.

As for Kid, I'll have to wait and see more from him. So far he doesn't look great but we'll have to wait and see how he performs after getting over the slump.

Despite both players being broken down, I still believe this trade would take us to another level.

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

-Miami paper on Dirk Nowitzki
Dirkenstien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2004, 11:52 AM   #6
DirkN003

DirkN003 is on a distinguished road

Malone woudn't have such a big effect on Dallas. Hes not the same as he used to be and he doesnt have along contract..

Shouldnt accept!
DirkN003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2004, 01:35 PM   #7
Poindexter Einstein
Golden Member

Poindexter Einstein will become famous soon enough

I'm not convinced Malone is healthy. In one breath, he and his agent will say he is 100% healthy - then the next day they say "he should be healthy soon."

I think he is still injured, with no idea exactly when he will be well - and they want to pretend he is okay. They keep making up excuses to keep from saying it is an injury problem.

Remember Webber last year? They kept saying he would be back in a week, he was almost ready, etc - and it kept being pushed farther and farther back. This looks like the exact same thing to me.
Poindexter Einstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2004, 01:40 PM   #8
Turkey
Banned

Turkey can only hope to improve

wHAT abOut VlaDe DiVac?
Turkey is offline   Reply With Quote