Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 01-02-2007, 12:19 AM   #1
Astroholic

Astroholic is on a distinguished road
Default Spurs or Rockets

Well I'm from Houston, I admit. And..I love the Rockets, I admit. I'm a Mavericks fan as well, besides the fact i don't like the owner... But back to the point of the thread... What do you hardcore Mavs fans perfer, Spurs or Rockets? Who do you think is the classiest team, honarable enemy, etc..(you get the point) Who do you like or atleast respect more?

(this isn't to stir up a fight so please keep it clean, just want to hear your opinions of the Spurs and Rockets)

Last edited by Astroholic; 01-02-2007 at 12:20 AM.
Astroholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-02-2007, 12:24 AM   #2
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astroholic
Well I'm from Houston, I admit. And..I love the Rockets, I admit. I'm a Mavericks fan as well, besides the fact i don't like the owner... But back to the point of the thread... What do you hardcore Mavs fans perfer, Spurs or Rockets? Who do you think is the classiest team, honarable enemy, etc..(you get the point) Who do you like or atleast respect more?

(this isn't to stir up a fight so please keep it clean, just want to hear your opinions of the Spurs and Rockets)
We don't think about them to much really. Nice little teams I guess.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 12:37 AM   #3
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

This is blasphemy around here, but I honestly like the Rockets quite a bit. My heart and soul belong to the Mavericks, but I really like the Rockets and Pacers as well. I've just always respected the hell out of T-Mac, and Yao is just simply one of my favorite players. When they play the Mavs, I want them to die horrible deaths, but otherwise, I root for them. The Spurs, OTOH, I hate 24/7, no matter who they play.
Thespiralgoeson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 12:40 AM   #4
Astroholic

Thank you, answer I was looking for goeson. and the answer i figured i'd get. most Mavs fans say they respect the Rockets and such, and hate the Spurs
Old 01-02-2007, 12:50 AM   #5
rakesh.s
Golden Member

rakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of light

i don't like the spurs mainly because of el contusion and his flopping.

I like houston to a certain degree, but the coach puts me off. The players they have would flourish in a better offense..instead Van Gundy is trying to keep the score in the 70s. I think a person like Avery could work wonders in Houston.
rakesh.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 12:52 AM   #6
Astroholic

I agree and so does every Rockets fan alive. Have you ever seen a Rockets forum before? It's insane! "Fire Gundy" threads everywhere.
Old 01-02-2007, 01:11 AM   #7
capitalcity
Diamond Member

capitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant future

No.
Old 01-02-2007, 01:14 AM   #8
DavidDaMonkey
Platinum Member

DavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394
We don't think about them to much really. Nice little teams I guess.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to dude1394 again.
DavidDaMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 01:29 AM   #9
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

They have an NBA team in Houston?
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 01:42 AM   #10
Nemesis
Diamond Member

Nemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud of

Summary:

The Rockets are wanna-bees....

The Spurs are has-beens....

Last edited by Nemesis; 01-02-2007 at 01:50 AM.
Nemesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 07:00 AM   #11
Big Shot Rob

Big Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud of

As a Spurs fan who writes fairly regularly here...

I can honestly say that all teams have fans who are classy.

All teams have fans who are assholes.

I have gotten along really well with the people here--hardcore Mav fans--and write here far more than any other website.

Tell me--what is your definition of "classy fans"?
Big Shot Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 11:43 AM   #12
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Usually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond repute

They both have made use of Barrys, so everyone associated with both teams deserves a big kick to the crotch, but I'm probably a bigger fan of the spurs than the rockets.
I like tmac and Yao a lot, but something just seems wrong with that franchise. Maybe it's the memories I have of that stupid three-finger wave they were doing in the playoffs a couple years ago whenever they did something good against the mavs. The spurs, at least have been classy winners. Maybe it's because the rockets haven't been able to get it together enough to consistently live up to their potential the last few years. Maybe it's because the spurs have been better than the rockets over the years, so I appreciate mavericks wins against them more than wins against the rockets.
Usually Lurkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 12:20 PM   #13
antoinewalker
Golden Member

antoinewalker is a jewel in the roughantoinewalker is a jewel in the roughantoinewalker is a jewel in the roughantoinewalker is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemesis
Summary:

The Rockets are wanna-bees....

The Spurs are has-beens....
how can the rockets be wannabes when they've already won 2 rings? if anything, the rockets should be has-beens along with the spurs since both have already won multiple championships.
antoinewalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 01:09 PM   #14
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by antoinewalker
how can the rockets be wannabes when they've already won 2 rings? if anything, the rockets should be has-beens along with the spurs since both have already won multiple championships.
They've been has-beens for about a decade. They are now wanna-bees.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
Old 01-02-2007, 01:45 PM   #15
Astroholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by capitalcity
No.
www.clutchfans.com
Old 01-02-2007, 02:28 PM   #16
capitalcity
Diamond Member

capitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant future

Quote:
Been there, done that.

Same as Spurtsreport.com - stuck on stupid.
Old 01-02-2007, 03:20 PM   #17
DubOverdose
Diamond Member

DubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant future

I like the Spurs aside from Finley being trash, Bowen being dirty, and Ginobli flopping constantly. As for the Rockets? Not on my mind man. I don't care for TMac at all because he's a wuss and doesn't have the drive of a winner. I also don't care for the roleplayers on the Rockets, as I think they are low class trash.
DubOverdose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 03:46 PM   #18
Astroholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by capitalcity
Been there, done that.

Same as Spurtsreport.com - stuck on stupid.
You can't even post on clutchfans, it's annoying. If you didn't register six months ago you can't even have an account. You don't pay, you don't post. That site and a few fans have drawn me far back from Rockets fan fever.

Last edited by Astroholic; 01-02-2007 at 03:46 PM.
Astroholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 04:15 PM   #19
alexamenos
Diamond Member

alexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond repute

rocketsuck.
alexamenos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 04:45 PM   #20
Astroholic

You didn't put much thought into that post did you?
Old 01-02-2007, 05:04 PM   #21
atrewsfan
Banned

atrewsfan will become famous soon enoughatrewsfan will become famous soon enough

The Spurs are my 2nd favorite team. Among other reasons, Popovich is a classy coach and Duncan is year-in and year-out one of the best all-around players in the game, ie. scoring, defending, rebounding, blocking shots, underrated passer, etc. I was a big fan of Malik Rose too.
atrewsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 05:05 PM   #22
Nemesis
Diamond Member

Nemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by antoinewalker
Just when we thought it was safe to post. MightyTwat is back!
Old 01-02-2007, 05:25 PM   #23
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
Pot meet kettle.
Old 01-02-2007, 05:50 PM   #24
alexamenos
Diamond Member

alexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Much thought, but quite economical with the wordage.
alexamenos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 06:28 PM   #25
Astroholic

Wouldn't it be Rockets suck?
Old 01-02-2007, 07:30 PM   #26
Nemesis
Diamond Member

^troll in construction...
Old 01-02-2007, 08:04 PM   #27
birdsanctuary
Platinum Member

birdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to all

Hate'em both...

Pthooey....
Old 01-02-2007, 09:36 PM   #28
MeganLuvsMavs

MeganLuvsMavs is a jewel in the roughMeganLuvsMavs is a jewel in the roughMeganLuvsMavs is a jewel in the rough

If it were Spurs against Rockets in a game I would definitely go for Houston. T-Mac made some comments about the finals in our favor last year so I gained some respect for him.

The Spurs could go to hell with gasoline drawers on for all I care.

I think anyone who doesn't like Mark Cuban is mad cause their owner sucks, kisses butt and has a stick up their ass.
Old 01-02-2007, 10:04 PM   #29
Astroholic

Being a T-Mac fan, makes me wonder what he said. So, what did he say about the mavs on last years finals?
Old 01-02-2007, 10:51 PM   #30
wmbwinn
Platinum Member

wmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Shot Rob
As a Spurs fan who writes fairly regularly here...

I can honestly say that all teams have fans who are classy.

All teams have fans who are assholes.

I have gotten along really well with the people here--hardcore Mav fans--and write here far more than any other website.

Tell me--what is your definition of "classy fans"?
someone with a name similar to yours used to post on the Spurs' board on the old Yahoo boards before they became serious crap-ola. Are you the same?

I have found many Spurs' fans are easy to get along with and post objectively. Nice to have you around.
"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." -Thomas Jefferson
wmbwinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 11:14 PM   #31
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Lest anyone forget McGrady hanging 13 points on the Spurs' (and Bowen's) sorry ass in the last 35 seconds:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfurCV1FDpM
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 11:21 PM   #32
SladeRider

SladeRider will become famous soon enough

I would go with the Rockets over the Spurs any day of the week.

The Spurs just play the type of basketball that looks slow and painful, just watched their game against the Cavs and for the 3 quarters they were in control of, it seemed a bit boring just waiting for the tempo to pick up.

I prefere to see basketball played like the Suns and Mavs do, they may play different but the Mavs have everything set up.

As for the Rockets, Yao is simply the best center in the league, no matter what Shaq has to say on the matter and they would be a deadly team if they remained healthy but this maybe a problem for them but the games I've checked out that had both Tmac and Yao healthy, they have looked good.
SladeRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 11:42 PM   #33
Astroholic

I like T-mac but I believe they will never win a championship or go anywhere at least with him. Trade him while he has some value.
Old 01-03-2007, 01:30 AM   #34
MeganLuvsMavs

MeganLuvsMavs is a jewel in the roughMeganLuvsMavs is a jewel in the roughMeganLuvsMavs is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Being a T-Mac fan, makes me wonder what he said. So, what did he say about the mavs on last years finals?
He said that just looking at the games he felt that it was "rigged". His words, not mine.

But were over that, new year. I'm sure everyone knows who the better team was and still is.

Last edited by MeganLuvsMavs; 01-03-2007 at 01:31 AM.
MeganLuvsMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 03:14 AM   #35
Astroholic

Rigged as Wade getting any foul he wanted?
Old 01-03-2007, 08:27 AM   #36
Big Shot Rob

Big Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmbwinn
someone with a name similar to yours used to post on the Spurs' board on the old Yahoo boards before they became serious crap-ola. Are you the same?

I have found many Spurs' fans are easy to get along with and post objectively. Nice to have you around.
No--that was not me.
Old 01-03-2007, 08:30 AM   #37
Big Shot Rob

Quote:
Rigged as Wade getting any foul he wanted?

Rigged as this:

The most one-sided, biased and unfair officiating in the history of the NBA occurred last year in favor of the Miami Heat. I don't care if Mighty Toine or other Heat fans call me a poor sport--I consider myself fairly objective. Last year the Mavs were totally robbed--plain and simple.

Last edited by Big Shot Rob; 01-03-2007 at 08:31 AM.
Old 01-03-2007, 09:24 AM   #38
shaw-xx
Golden Member

shaw-xx is a name known to allshaw-xx is a name known to allshaw-xx is a name known to allshaw-xx is a name known to allshaw-xx is a name known to allshaw-xx is a name known to allshaw-xx is a name known to allshaw-xx is a name known to all

Other than the Mavs, I'd rather take the Jazz or Kings or Pacers or... Well, possibly the Spurs rather than Rox. I'm not Texan so don't have to support Texas' teams. I'm living in Yao's and Rox's overhyping, you just won't understand how terrible that it's... just like the team is our own! I'm so tired of the Rox.
Old 01-03-2007, 12:54 PM   #39
Astroholic

I agree you got ripped in the finals but you sure did get a lot of calls against the Spurs. Every time Dirk gets the ball in a game the whistles are blowing, touched or untouched.
Old 01-03-2007, 01:03 PM   #40
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I agree you got ripped in the finals but you sure did get a lot of calls against the Spurs. Every time Dirk gets the ball in a game the whistles are blowing, touched or untouched.
Big Shot Rob is a Spurs fan....