Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 04-28-2003, 06:58 PM   #1
ariosto

ariosto is on a distinguished road

Rick Fox is out for the remainder of the play-offs. I think this may just put the final nail in the Lakers' coffin. They are going to have an even thinner bench now, and won't be able to play as good defense on guys like Wally and Peja, who might kill them with 3-point shooting.

It couldn't have happened to a nicer guy [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Old 04-28-2003, 08:55 PM   #2
seelenjaeger
Diamond Member

seelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to all

Usually I´d say: that´ll hurt them, and likely send them to oblivion this playoffs.

But then again, the Tombstones for Shaq and Kobe have been ordered so often this year already, and they are still alive and kicking.

It´s not over until the Fat Lady has sung. And the Fat Lady is still shoving Nesterovic ...
Old 04-28-2003, 08:59 PM   #3
southern_sweets
Diamond Member

southern_sweets will become famous soon enoughsouthern_sweets will become famous soon enough

hahaha...too funny sj. Almost makes me forgive you for the game day thread...almost. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Fox out isn't as good as Kobe or Shaq being out, but not good news for the Lakers anyway.
southern_sweets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2003, 09:10 PM   #4
seelenjaeger
Diamond Member

seelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to all

Hey, I saved your series! you should be thankful [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 04-28-2003, 11:35 PM   #5
jayC
Diamond Member

jayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nice

They might get more athletic with the insertion of Deavan George. Fox wasn't giving them anything anyway. At least know he can go back to the radio shack commercials with his knock out wife.
jayC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2003, 01:19 AM   #6
BrianJ

BrianJ is on a distinguished road

This is great news. Fox ( although I hate him, insert pic of him getting smacked by Christie here) was playing great defense in the Fakers last games. With Hudson stepping up, this will give the Wolves a big 3 to attack the fakers with. Wally should get alot better looks thus taking the pressure off of KG a little bit. I say wolves in 6.

Shaq and Kobe live in LA where everyone kisses there ass all the time. Before the game in warm-ups they looked scared like they might become less then gods in California. With the Angels, Ducks, and raiders doing as well as they have, they could become scrubs over night, everyone in LA is so fake anyway they will just gravitate towards a new group of winners. I saw that look in their eyes before the game and absolutely loved it.

It amazes me how some things never make it into the press. The Fakers are so easy to read as people. Why has no one commented on Shaq's "give me the ball"? OK idiots in the media it is this simple, the crowd strts to yell MVP for Kobe at the end of the game when Showbe goes to the free throw line, over and over again. What do they do when Shaq goes to the line, they hold their breath.

Everyone has made Shaq's ego larger then life. The city applauds him for making statements that would make a convicts mother cry and they still love him. they never point out the fact that he is probably in the bottom 1% of the nation in smarts. Nope, they hang on his words like he was a founding father, or even a father that sticks around. So what do you think he is going to do when he is insulted, by being made to feel less then life? Thats right he is going to be a litle bitch. Shaq makes the lakers run, he will now throw in the towel and the series is over.
BrianJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2003, 07:15 AM   #7
grbh
Platinum Member

grbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to all

You're a hater.

http://www.genevaschools.org/austinb...gray/platypus/
grbh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2003, 07:22 AM   #8
BrianJ

Yeah, pretty much.
Old 04-29-2003, 12:35 PM   #9
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

I guess this will delay his Pay-Per-View rematch with Mrs. Christy. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 04-29-2003, 01:14 PM   #10
WayOutWest
Golden Member

WayOutWest is a jewel in the roughWayOutWest is a jewel in the roughWayOutWest is a jewel in the roughWayOutWest is a jewel in the roughWayOutWest is a jewel in the rough

<< This is great news. Fox ( although I hate him, insert pic of him getting smacked by Christie here) was playing great defense in the Fakers last games. With Hudson stepping up, this will give the Wolves a big 3 to attack the fakers with. Wally should get alot better looks thus taking the pressure off of KG a little bit. I say wolves in 6.

Shaq and Kobe live in LA where everyone kisses there ass all the time. Before the game in warm-ups they looked scared like they might become less then gods in California. With the Angels, Ducks, and raiders doing as well as they have, they could become scrubs over night, everyone in LA is so fake anyway they will just gravitate towards a new group of winners. I saw that look in their eyes before the game and absolutely loved it.

It amazes me how some things never make it into the press. The Fakers are so easy to read as people. Why has no one commented on Shaq's &quot;give me the ball&quot;? OK idiots in the media it is this simple, the crowd strts to yell MVP for Kobe at the end of the game when Showbe goes to the free throw line, over and over again. What do they do when Shaq goes to the line, they hold their breath.

Everyone has made Shaq's ego larger then life. The city applauds him for making statements that would make a convicts mother cry and they still love him. they never point out the fact that he is probably in the bottom 1% of the nation in smarts. Nope, they hang on his words like he was a founding father, or even a father that sticks around. So what do you think he is going to do when he is insulted, by being made to feel less then life? Thats right he is going to be a litle bitch. Shaq makes the lakers run, he will now throw in the towel and the series is over.
>>

Yikes, inferiority complex must be a b!tch.

"Lakers hate causes blindness"
WayOutWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2003, 01:15 PM   #11
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

Rhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond repute

BrianJ, I gotta completely disagree with you on Shaq's smarts. He's clearly an intelligent guy.
Rhylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2003, 01:49 PM   #12
BrianJ

I am sure my hate for Shaq has something to do with that, I am not a freaking statistician. I am basically basing it off of the nickname &quot; the great Aristotle&quot;, give me a fricken break. Yeah Shaq has balls and there is something to be said about &quot; being stupid and ballzy&quot; but lets not start going overboard like everyone else that has a microphone. He really is a great big dumb animal isn't he folks?

Back to the original point Lakers lose tonight, and the emergence of the 3 headed monster comes as well. However that big 3 will get slayed by ours as history has shown us
Old 04-29-2003, 02:11 PM   #13
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

shaq? dumb?
i don't get that at all. i guess because he's big and speaks with a deep, soft voice that it's easy to come to that conclusion..
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2003, 02:21 PM   #14
BrianJ

the guy rivals only Mike Tyson for made up words. You know its bad when he goes off on one of his post game interviews and the sportscenter guys can't even hold back their laughter. Don't be tricked into all this media hype, LA would support Charles Manson if he could carry them deep into the playoffs.
Old 04-29-2003, 02:25 PM   #15
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

brian, if there's one thing i'm not influenced by..it's media hype.

I've heard enough of him speaking to realize that 50% of everything he says is schtick
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2003, 10:09 PM   #16
BrianJ

thats it I am going out and getting a lakers Jersey tommorow, hell I might even paint my house purple and gold while I am at it. They are to frickin tough, and will win the championship for the next 50 years. The only thing we can pray for is that California will fall into the sea after to many earthquakes. That is more realiastic then these assholes ever losing a series.
Old 04-30-2003, 12:17 AM   #17
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

Rhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond repute

I hate the Lakers as much or more than anybody alive, and I think Shaq's game is ugly and benefits from referees being starstruck... BUT, I like the guy, he's been good for the league and he's definitely entertaining.
Rhylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2003, 10:15 AM   #18
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

MavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to behold

<< They might get more athletic with the insertion of Deavan George. Fox wasn't giving them anything anyway. >>

My thoughts exactly, JayC. I'm not sure if this hurts or helps them, giving DGeorge his turn to burn. I think it's possible that they won't miss a beat.
MavKikiNYC is offline   Reply With Quote