Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 10-03-2011, 09:45 AM   #1
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Male30Dan View Post
<snip>

You think I and others should just shut up about it because we have talked on this subject before? Come on - surely you don't accept this. I feel like John Q right now and my Cowboys need a new heart and you tell me to accept their fate. NO, I WILL NOT ACCEPT THEIR FATE. No I will not be OK with it. They have heart dis, err, brain disease right now. A transplant is the only way to have a chance at a healthy life and unfortunately the brain options are seriously limited.
<snip>
Enough. ENOUGH.
I never thought you should shut up about it, I am just wondering why it came as such as surprise to you when we just talked about it?

I have seen this in Romo since his botched FG hold. He is just so consistently inconsistent.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson

Last edited by dalmations202; 10-03-2011 at 09:46 AM.
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 09:55 AM   #2
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalmations202 View Post
I never thought you should shut up about it, I am just wondering why it came as such as surprise to you when we just talked about it?

I have seen this in Romo since his botched FG hold. He is just so consistently inconsistent.
Yeah, but this was something different. This was truly by far the worst he has ever been and I didn't actually know he could be this bad. That is why I was surprised. My expectations were low after Week 1 but they weren't THAT low because I had never seen that level of play yet. Now I know. Now it will take something even worst to surprise me. Hopefully you get from me "more of the same... yawn!" or "way to go Romo, you didn't blow the game this time" posts from here on out and not 50 posts or whatever it became from seeing an implosion in front of my eyes.

This is honestly like asking a wife that has been cheated on by her husband why she is surprised that he did it again and she says she isn't surprised that he failed, but that he cheated with 4 women, 1 of which was a midget - yeah, that was surprising and much more disappointing. Sometimes the level of fail throws you off - even when you are anticipating some degree of fail from that particular person.
Old 10-03-2011, 10:00 AM   #3
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Male30Dan View Post
Yeah, but this was something different. This was truly by far the worst he has ever been and I didn't actually know he could be this bad. That is why I was surprised. My expectations were low after Week 1 but they weren't THAT low because I had never seen that level of play yet. Now I know. Now it will take something even worst to surprise me. Hopefully you get from me "more of the same... yawn!" or "way to go Romo, you didn't blow the game this time" posts from here on out and not 50 posts or whatever it became from seeing an implosion in front of my eyes.

This is honestly like asking a wife that has been cheated on by her husband why she is surprised that he did it again and she says she isn't surprised that he failed, but that he cheated with 4 women, 1 of which was a midget - yeah, that was surprising and much more disappointing. Sometimes the level of fail throws you off - even when you are anticipating some degree of fail from that particular person.
See you really are a bigger Romo fan than you thought. You actually didn't expect a game like this from him.

I on the other hand don't hate Romo, but expect this kind of thing from him all the time. He didn't surprise me much at all. He is still a better QB than everyone they have had since Aikman, and better than everyone they had between Danny White to Aikman as well.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote