Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 04-01-2001, 10:31 AM   #1
dallmav

dallmav is on a distinguished road

Well I dont see us winning this one. I do feel that we can keep the score within 10 this time. The last two against them, they blew us out by 20. A win would be big, but unlikely.
dallmav is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-01-2001, 11:47 AM   #2
Mavs#1Fan

Mavs#1Fan will become famous soon enoughMavs#1Fan will become famous soon enough

We've already got 2 wins on this road trip, which is a win more than I expected. We do need to take care of business against Houston.
Mavs#1Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2001, 01:12 PM   #3
djb
Administrator

djb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond repute

A win tonight would be huge, but like dallmav said, I don't think it's going to happen [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] As well as the Mavs have been playing, I still don't think they're on the same level as the Kings or Spurs..yet.
djb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2001, 01:42 PM   #4
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

LonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to all

Kings give us too much trouble. And the Mavs never really play good in Sacramento.

Mavs 97
Kings 111

Website - www.thegamesector.com
Hell bent 100% Texan 'til I die.
LonestarROB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2001, 02:00 PM   #5
Mavinator
Golden Member

Mavinator is a jewel in the roughMavinator is a jewel in the roughMavinator is a jewel in the rough

Whenever I predict wins, the Mavs lose, and whenever I don't say anything, the Mavs win, so I'm going to refrain from making any predictions for the rest of the season. We'll see what happens.
Old 04-01-2001, 02:31 PM   #6
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

I'll be at the game tonight. I really hope we have a better outing than we did earlier in the year. I like our chances better with Howard and Booth on board now but I thought the same thing with the Lakers too [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]

For us to win, we need to play some big time D and get some rebounds. And, of course, make some shots [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] I remember we started off well, then the Kings locked down on defense and took us out of our game. I hope Nelson doesn't have them focus on Webber alone because it opens up the other guys for 3's and that killed us last time. Kind of like the Laker game the other night.

Nash needs to step up, as must Howard after that ugly game in LA. Dirk must contain Stojakovic, but honestly Im not sure if he can. And I like Booth on Divac and Pollard better than I do Bradley.

I'll talk to you fellas later though. Have fun.
Old 04-01-2001, 02:37 PM   #7
Mavinator
Golden Member

Mavinator is a jewel in the roughMavinator is a jewel in the roughMavinator is a jewel in the rough

Stojakovic is quite simply the poor man's Dirk- he plays worse D than Dirk does, and they are going to light each other up tonight...
Old 04-01-2001, 08:05 PM   #8
djb
Administrator

djb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond repute

Holy crap Howard's playing like a man possessed tonight! Maybe playing against CWebb will finally let him break out of his slump. Maxwell's also playing well against his former team. Mavs by six at the half..hope this keeps up!
Old 04-01-2001, 08:05 PM   #9
Hoover

Hoover is on a distinguished road

Liking what I see at half..Mavs up by 6! Howard has been huge...I guess that finger is ok![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Old 04-01-2001, 08:06 PM   #10
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

LonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to all

So far so good. Howard's doing awesome(25pts) and Dirk's being Dirk. Looks like Fin's alittle tired. Alot of his shots are hitting the front of the rim.

Very entertaining game so far. Hope it keeps up.

Old 04-01-2001, 08:07 PM   #11
Bookit
Diamond Member

Bookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud of

This has got to be the most entertaining first half of b-ball I have watched all year. Wow!
Bookit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2001, 08:07 PM   #12
Hoover

DJ...was beginning to wonder if everyone had abandoned ship![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 04-01-2001, 08:07 PM   #13
djb
Administrator

Howard's definitely ripping it up out there! I hope this keeps up though, cuz the Kings definitely aren't letting up much at all. Can they freakin miss?
Old 04-01-2001, 08:09 PM   #14
djb
Administrator

Ya it's been a slow weekend Hoover [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] I've started work on another site that needs to be finished this week. I guess that loss against LA left a really bad taste in everyone's mouths. With LA losing to the Knicks earlier today, this'll be an awesome night if the Mavs pull out a win and the Rockets lose to the Nets (which they are so far in the fourth).
Old 04-01-2001, 08:10 PM   #15
Hoover

Not to be an "arm chair coach", but why does Nelson keep putting Nash/Maxwell against Peja? That is a huge match up advantage in their favor.
Old 04-01-2001, 08:12 PM   #16
djb
Administrator

Ya I noticed that too. Man I'd love to see Peja in a Mavs jersey [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 04-01-2001, 08:12 PM   #17
Hoover

No doubt, a win tonight puts us back in a tie with Portland!
Old 04-01-2001, 08:29 PM   #18
djb
Administrator

Magic number is now 3! Rockets lose to the Nets!
Old 04-01-2001, 08:32 PM   #19
dallmav

I love what booth has done also. He is going to be a mav for years to come.
Old 04-01-2001, 08:33 PM   #20
dallmav

Houston lost tonight. Yessssssss
Old 04-01-2001, 08:35 PM   #21
djb
Administrator

Let's hope he decides to re-sign with the Mavs! Since we only have the $4mil exception, I'm a little afraid the Wiz might snag him since they'll have the cap space (and Jordan's already said he wants him back).
Old 04-01-2001, 08:40 PM   #22
dallmav

I hope he wants to be here. I would hate to lose him. That would make that trade not look to good if we lose him.
Old 04-01-2001, 08:40 PM   #23
djb
Administrator

Oh and Houston is now a half game behind Seattle.
Old 04-01-2001, 08:43 PM   #24
djb
Administrator

Divac is just having his way with Bradley [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]
Old 04-01-2001, 08:47 PM   #25
dallmav

Divac is doing anything he wants. If you breath on him the wrong way, the refs call a foul
Old 04-01-2001, 08:49 PM   #26
Hoover

Up 15 after three! WOW![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] I'm watching the Sacramento feed on Direct TV and their commentators just said "From the way Dallas is playing tonight the should be the odds on favorite to win the title this year."[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] Just thought you guys might want to hear that.
Old 04-01-2001, 08:58 PM   #27
dallmav

If we could just find a way to beat those damn Lakers. If we win tonight, that is the only team we wont beat this year
Old 04-01-2001, 09:01 PM   #28
djb
Administrator

That 0-4 regular-season mark against the Lakers won't mean crap once we sweep their asses in the playoffs [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Old 04-01-2001, 09:07 PM   #29
djb
Administrator

Uh oh..things not lookin so good right now.
Old 04-01-2001, 09:14 PM   #30
djb
Administrator

Mavs will come home with a winning record on this five-game road trip [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Old 04-01-2001, 09:15 PM   #31
dallmav

yes baby, we win this one.
Old 04-01-2001, 09:18 PM   #32
djb
Administrator

Magic number's down to two!! It's so close you can just smell it..
Old 04-01-2001, 09:19 PM   #33
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

WOW, what a game. Howard was great. Dirk was awesome. Booth played really well again. Bradley sucked. Maxwell had good productive minutes. I can't beleive we won IN Sac town. Magic number is 2 [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] .

Old 04-01-2001, 09:20 PM   #34
madape
Diamond Member

madape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to behold

Damn that was nice. Who would have thought we'd beat Portland, Utah, AND Sac-town on this road trip. Bring on Houston! If the Mavs play the Rockets as well as they played the Kings, they should win by 40!

madape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2001, 09:21 PM   #35
djb
Administrator

Houston lost to a Nets team tonight that didn't have Marbury or Martin in the lineup [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]
Old 04-01-2001, 09:21 PM   #36
Jordan23TX

Jordan23TX is on a distinguished road

Quality win.....The Mavs made me proud tonite... Just a side note...Look at Bradleys's numbers....he had no bearing ...
Old 04-01-2001, 09:23 PM   #37
dallmav

Booth was impressive. In my opinion, He is going to be better than bradley
Old 04-01-2001, 09:24 PM   #38
djb
Administrator

Offensively, he's already better than Bradley imo. However, Bradley's still the shot-swatting king!
Old 04-01-2001, 09:25 PM   #39
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

There's no question in my mind Booth will be better then Bradley(if he isn't already. which I'm thinking he is.).

Old 04-01-2001, 09:26 PM   #40
dallmav

3-1 on this road trip. Who the hell would have thought that. I would have been happy with 2 wins. Im totally surprised at how this team has stepped up when it counts. We are going to raise some havic in the playoffs.