Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 04-27-2008, 01:04 PM   #441
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Anyone watching the Cavs and Wiz game? Probably the most interesting series in the playoffs. Its gettin' real chippy out there. I like the fire Stevenson is showing. Clearly he hates Lebron with a passion lol.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-27-2008, 01:05 PM   #442
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtownsfinest
Yea I was watching the game last night and couldn't help but think what would happen if Yao was there. They have a bunch of solid and effecient players on that team but their best player doesn't seem to be one of them. Another year of Skip and a healthy Yao and I think they finally get out of the 1st round next year. But like Flac said, we say this every year lol. Only thing they can do now is just move on from T-Mac. I don't see how or why they should upgrade their role players. They seem to be fine. Yao is going to be Yao. T-Mac is the only question and they'd probably be better off keeping him.
I forget whose sig says this, but all I can think about when I hear this stuff (inevitably every year), is:

Houston teams always play better on paper.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 01:31 PM   #443
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Yea was that a quote for BIO that another poster had in their sig? Its true though lol.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 01:52 PM   #444
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.dallas-mavs.com/vb/showth...012#post616012
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 01:57 PM   #445
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

very chippy and heated. this is how the playoffs should be

nice little run at the end of the 3rd to put washington back in it. what a game

edit*
Joe Smith and1 = dagger.

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84

Last edited by alby; 04-27-2008 at 01:57 PM.
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 04:36 PM   #446
Caseman
Golden Member

Caseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerillaBlack
Do you honestly think the Rockets were not shorthanded during the streak? I believe arguable the best center in the league got injured less than halfway through the streak. Rockets were playing with playoff intensity during the streak, while every team they faced weren't. Now the Rockets are playing with playoff intensity, but other teams have picked up their level of play, too. You can't honestly say that the Rockets are doing badly against Utah. The game last night was a huge example. I hope they pull a win out in Game 5. Hoping.
DUDE, EVEYONE KNOWS THE ROCKETS LOST YAO.

I'm so sick of Rockets using that excuse for the poor competition they faced during that streak. The Mavs didn't have Dirk then, THEY DO NOW. The Lakers didn't have Gasol then, THEY DO NOW. The Rockets don't have Yao, AND HE WON'T BE BACK. And coincidently* (according to Rocket fans) when they faced a worthy, full-strength team like the Celtics, they lost. Huh. So what makes you think the Rockets can pull 3 wins out now?

EDIT: Sorry for the yelling, but Rocket fans have to realize that streak meant nothing.

Last edited by Caseman; 04-27-2008 at 04:37 PM.
Caseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 05:14 PM   #447
me770706

me770706 is a jewel in the roughme770706 is a jewel in the roughme770706 is a jewel in the roughme770706 is a jewel in the roughme770706 is a jewel in the rough

anyone see Amare abuse mike finley? i can't stand either team but man that was satisfying. i hope the suns grow a heart and push the series to 7

Wednesday morning, Barnes was home (apparently with his kids) when he read the quote and responded on twitter.

"Morning yall up early w/ the babies watchn Dora. Seems Lamar can't keep my name out his mouth maby I need 2 put my sons (expletive) diaper n it"
me770706 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 05:30 PM   #448
DOMINATOR

DOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caseman
DUDE, EVEYONE KNOWS THE ROCKETS LOST YAO.

I'm so sick of Rockets using that excuse for the poor competition they faced during that streak. The Mavs didn't have Dirk then, THEY DO NOW. The Lakers didn't have Gasol then, THEY DO NOW. The Rockets don't have Yao, AND HE WON'T BE BACK. And coincidently* (according to Rocket fans) when they faced a worthy, full-strength team like the Celtics, they lost. Huh. So what makes you think the Rockets can pull 3 wins out now?

EDIT: Sorry for the yelling, but Rocket fans have to realize that streak meant nothing.
umm he basically said the rockets were playing over their head during the streak. now that other teams are matching their intensity they don't have the talent/depth/skills but is still hoping for an upset. i dont understand whats wrong with that.
a lot of rockets fans including me didnt expect the rockets to get out of the first round this year. doesnt mean the streak wasnt a great thing or you cant still cheer for your team.
Old 04-27-2008, 05:42 PM   #449
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOMINATOR
doesnt mean the streak wasnt a great thing or you cant still cheer for your team.
And everybody knows the best way to cheer for your team is to come to an opposing team's message board and repeatedly defend them against ribbing by rival fans.

You're acting like the kid is just chillin on the street and that mean old Mavs fans are coming up to him and giving him sh*t for being a good Rockets fan. He's on a Mavs board, where any reasonable person should expect to catch some noise for supporting a rival in-state team. Yet he repeatedly responds with hypersensitive, defensive remarks, almost as though he's surprised that Mavs fans aren't on here for the noble purpose of complimenting the Rockets.

Last edited by LonghornDub; 04-27-2008 at 05:50 PM.
Old 04-27-2008, 05:45 PM   #450
amuseddaysleeper

amuseddaysleeper is a jewel in the roughamuseddaysleeper is a jewel in the roughamuseddaysleeper is a jewel in the roughamuseddaysleeper is a jewel in the rough

well, game 4 sucked for the Spurs.

Here's to hoping it'll be 2005 redux, and they close it out in 5.
amuseddaysleeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 05:48 PM   #451
DOMINATOR

DOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProdigyDub
And everybody knows the best way to cheer for your team is to come to an opposing team's message board and repeatedly defend them against ribbing by rival fans.

You're acting like the kid is just chillin on the street and that mean old Mavs fans are coming up to him and giving him sh*t for being a good Rockets fan. He's on a Mavs board, where any reasonable person should expect to catch some noise for supporting a rival in-state team. Yet he repeatedly responds with hypersensitive, defensive remarks, almost as though he's surprise that Mavs fans aren't on here for the noble purpose of complimenting the Rockets.
yep you are right we are here to troll
Old 04-27-2008, 05:49 PM   #452
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
Diamond Member

MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant future

The Spurs are obvioiusly going to win the series, but I want them to do it in Game 7, in Overtime. In case we find a way to get to the 2nd round.
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 07:43 PM   #453
Burn this City

Burn this City is just really niceBurn this City is just really niceBurn this City is just really niceBurn this City is just really niceBurn this City is just really niceBurn this City is just really nice

I can't believe Flip Saunders still has a job.
Old 04-27-2008, 08:27 PM   #454
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by amuseddaysleeper
well, game 4 sucked for the Spurs.

Here's to hoping it'll be 2005 redux, and they close it out in 5.
The Spurs could not play any worse than they did today. I thought the big 3 forced the issue. The Suns did a wonderful job of collapsing in the paint and that's where the big 3 either forced the shot or turned it over instead of kicking out to an open man. They also looked for the foul call instead of playing through and I'm sure Pop will get on them about it.
Old 04-28-2008, 12:42 AM   #455
And1

And1 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsFanFinley
The Spurs could not play any worse than they did today. I thought the big 3 forced the issue. The Suns did a wonderful job of collapsing in the paint and that's where the big 3 either forced the shot or turned it over instead of kicking out to an open man. They also looked for the foul call instead of playing through and I'm sure Pop will get on them about it.

yes he will
Old 04-28-2008, 07:39 PM   #456
LonghornDub

Hawks just went on a 20-3 run against the Celtics. It was 21-9 Boston, and at the end of the 1st it's 29-24 Atlanta.

Old 04-28-2008, 07:55 PM   #457
ShaggyDirk
Diamond Member

ShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond repute

Sam Cassel is such a thug.
ShaggyDirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 07:56 PM   #458
ShaggyDirk
Diamond Member

ShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond repute

but that was some good shit. That guy punked Garnett. he put his face all up in Garnett's grill. Which is worse a finger or a face?
ShaggyDirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 08:08 PM   #459
LonghornDub

Jesus, the Hawks have some dunkers.

Old 04-28-2008, 09:34 PM   #460
Caseman
Golden Member

Caseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to all

I hope the Celtics lose. I think they are great guys, but I don't want the Mavericks to be the only choking 1st seed
Old 04-28-2008, 09:35 PM   #461
Dim499
Platinum Member

Dim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud of

I've never heard a place as loud as the Atlanta building tonight.
Dim499 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 09:41 PM   #462
Caseman
Golden Member

Joe Johnson is a beast.
Old 04-28-2008, 09:42 PM   #463
LonghornDub

Joe Johnson is putting on an absolute clinic in this 4th quarter.

The Celtics look exactly like the Mavs last year. Only difference is, they didn't blow Game 1 at home, so losing this game will send them back at 2-2 rather than the 3-1 the Mavs had to deal with.

Old 04-28-2008, 09:46 PM   #464
Caseman
Golden Member

I wish we had Joe Johnson instead of Josh Howard
Old 04-28-2008, 09:50 PM   #465
LonghornDub

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caseman
I wish we had Joe Johnson instead of Josh Howard
I wish we had Rajon Rondo instead of JJ Barea.

Old 04-28-2008, 09:52 PM   #466
Caseman
Golden Member

Doesn't the Alanta coach's mustache look like he sharpie'd that on?
Old 04-28-2008, 09:56 PM   #467
Caseman
Golden Member

If Alanta steals one game in Boston, I honestly think they could pull out this upset.
Old 04-28-2008, 09:58 PM   #468
nikeball
Platinum Member

nikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond repute

Celtics weakness = athelticism?
Old 04-28-2008, 09:59 PM   #469
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

How nasty would PHX be if they had Joe Johnson instead of Raja Bell? They blew that one big time.
Old 04-28-2008, 09:59 PM   #470
antoinewalker
Golden Member

antoinewalker is a jewel in the roughantoinewalker is a jewel in the roughantoinewalker is a jewel in the roughantoinewalker is a jewel in the rough

joe johnson is too good.
antoinewalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 10:04 PM   #471
Caseman
Golden Member

Ug, do we have to watch the Nuggets fail? I just want to hear what the TNT guys have to say about the Celtics-Hawks.
Old 04-28-2008, 10:04 PM   #472
LonghornDub

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirno2000
How nasty would PHX be if they had Joe Johnson instead of Raja Bell? They blew that one big time.
That 05 PHX team was absurdly stacked. Nash, Amare, JJ, Q-Rich, Marion.....the fact that the Spurs wiped them away in 5 is nothing short of amazing.

Old 04-28-2008, 10:07 PM   #473
Dim499
Platinum Member

Dim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud of

I think Pho had to get rid of him because their owner is scared to death of the luxary tax, not because they didn't believe in his talent.

Last edited by Dim499; 04-28-2008 at 10:08 PM.
Dim499 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 10:10 PM   #474
GuerillaBlack
Golden Member

GuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to behold

The Boston Mavs ?! I am in shock in what Atlanta has done. Could this be anything like what GS did last year?
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 10:20 PM   #475
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

Bibby decided to finally arrive in Atlanta
Horford isn't afraid of anything (similar to Bass)
Boston looks like they are wearing out against the younger, much more athletic team in JJ and Josh Smith.
When ZaZa headbutted KG, you Atlanta had their hearts in it.

Contact Me
Old 04-28-2008, 10:24 PM   #476
monty55555
Platinum Member

monty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant future

Unbelievable! I couldn't believe my eyes. Hawks won again. I thought this series would go at most 5 games. Now its tied 2-2. Amazing. The athleticism of the Hawks is really paying dividends against Boston. Joe Johnson has been playing like an All Star. Bibby has stepped up. Childress, Hortford and Josh Smith have all been great as well.

Now the great challenge: to win in Boston. If they win game 5, oh boy...
monty55555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 10:38 PM   #477
alby
Guru

to make matters worse, DJ Mbenga just had two monster dunks over Camby in the 2nd quarter.

Contact Me

Last edited by alby; 04-28-2008 at 10:38 PM.
Old 04-28-2008, 10:41 PM   #478
Caseman
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alby
to make matters worse, DJ Mbenga just had two monster dunks over Camby in the 2nd quarter.
Pffff, Magloire could do that if he felt like it ()

Last edited by Caseman; 04-28-2008 at 10:42 PM.
Old 04-28-2008, 10:48 PM   #479
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

I'm impressed with the Hawks. If they could only play like that in Boston they would have a chance for an upset. Horford is a beast and Joe Johnson is stepping up big time. What I wouldn't give to have Josh Smith on this team though.
Old 04-28-2008, 10:52 PM   #480
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

I'd LOVE to see the lowly Hawks ruin Stern's wet dream of a Lakers/Celtics Finals...

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote